Category:Actresses of German descent
Pages in category "Actresses of German descent"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total, this list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total, this list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Kim Basinger – Kimila Ann Kim Basinger is an American actress, singer and former fashion model. Following a successful modeling career in New York during the 1970s and she starred in several made-for-TV films, including a remake of From Here to Eternity, before making her feature debut in the 1981 drama Hard Country. She won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance as Lynn Bracken in the 1997 film L. A. Confidential. For her role in L. A. Confidential, she won the Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress. Her other films include I Dreamed of Africa,8 Mile, The Door in the Floor, Cellular, The Nice Guys, Basinger was born in Athens, Georgia, on December 8,1953. Her mother, Ann Lee, was a model, actress and her father, Donald Wade Basinger, was a big band musician and loan manager, as a U. S. Army soldier, he landed in Normandy on D-Day. The third of five children, she has two brothers, James Michael Mick and Skip, and two sisters, Ashley and Barbara, basingers ancestry includes English, German, Swedish, and Scots-Irish. Basinger has described herself as shy, which had a major effect on her during her childhood. She has said that her shyness was so extreme that she would faint if asked to speak in class, Basinger studied ballet from about age three to her mid-teens. By her mid-teens, she grew in confidence and successfully auditioned for the cheerleading team. At 17, she entered the Americas Junior Miss Scholarship Pageant, although she lost in the state pageant to Sue Whitted, who competed as Georgias Junior Miss, her beauty was profiled in the national program. She had competed at the level for the Breck Scholarship and was featured in an ad for Breck in a joint portrait with her mother. She was subsequently offered a contract with the Ford Modeling Agency. She turned it down in favor of singing and acting, and enrolled at the University of Georgia, but soon reconsidered and went to New York to become a Ford model. Despite earning $1,000 a day, Basinger never enjoyed modeling, saying It was very hard to go from one booking to another and always have to deal with the way I looked. Basinger has said that even as a model, when others relished looking in the mirror before appearing, she abhorred it, not long after her Ford deal, Basinger appeared on the cover of magazines. She appeared in hundreds of advertisements throughout the early 1970s, most notably as the Breck Shampoo girl and she alternated between modeling and attending acting classes at the Neighborhood Playhouse, as well as performing in Greenwich Village clubs as a singer. In 1976, after five years as a girl, Basinger quit modelingKim Basinger – Basinger at the 62nd Academy Awards in March 1990
2. Ingrid Bergman – Ingrid Bergman was a Swedish actress who starred in a variety of European and American films. She won three Academy Awards, two Emmy Awards, four Golden Globe Awards, a BAFTA Award, and the Tony Award for Best Actress. She is best remembered for her roles as Ilsa Lund in Casablanca and as Alicia Huberman in Notorious, before becoming a star in American films, Bergman had been a leading actress in Swedish films. Her introduction to American audiences came with her role in the English-language remake of Intermezzo. Selznicks financial problems meant that Bergman was often loaned to other studios, apart from Casablanca, her performances from this period include Victor Flemings remake of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Gaslight, and The Bells of St. Marys. Her last films for Selznick were Alfred Hitchcocks Spellbound and Notorious and her final film for Hitchcock was Under Capricorn. After a decade in American films, she starred in Roberto Rossellinis Stromboli, many of her personal and film documents can be seen in the Wesleyan University Cinema Archives. According to the St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture, Bergman quickly became the ideal of American womanhood, in 2007, the American Film Institute ranked Bergman as the fourth-greatest female screen legend of classic American cinema. Bergman, named after Princess Ingrid of Sweden, was born on 29 August 1915 in Stockholm, to a Swedish father, Justus Bergman, when she was two years old, her mother died. Her father, who was an artist and photographer, died when she was 13, in the years before he died, he wanted her to become an opera star, and had her take voice lessons for three years. But she always knew from the beginning that she wanted to be an actress, sometimes wearing her mothers clothes and her father documented all her birthdays with a borrowed camera. After his death, she was sent to live with an aunt and she then moved in with her Aunt Hulda and Uncle Otto, who had five children. Another aunt she visited, Elsa Adler, first told Ingrid, when she was 11, that her mother may have had some Jewish blood, but her aunt also cautioned her about telling others about her possible ancestry as there might be some difficult times coming. Biographer Aleksandra Ziolkowska-Boehm, however, notes that the claim of Jewish blood was likely an embellishment, after being forced to do an in-depth genealogical investigation, Bergmans maternal cousin found there to be no Jewish ancestry on Bergmans mothers side. Later, she received a scholarship to the state-sponsored Royal Dramatic Theatre School, after several months she was given a part in a new play, Ett Brott, written by Sigfrid Siwertz. Chandler notes that this was totally against procedure at the school, during her first summer break, she was also hired by a Swedish film studio, which led to her leaving the Royal Dramatic Theatre after just one year, to work in films full-time. Her first film role after leaving the Royal Dramatic Theatre was a part in 1935s Munkbrogreven. She went on to act in a films in Sweden, including En kvinnas ansikte, which was later remade as A Womans Face with Joan CrawfordIngrid Bergman – Ingrid Bergman
3. Sandra Bullock – Sandra Annette Bullock is a German-American actress, producer, and philanthropist. Her breakthrough role was in the film Demolition Man and she subsequently starred in several successful films including Speed, While You Were Sleeping, The Net, A Time to Kill, Hope Floats, and Practical Magic. Bullock achieved further success in the decades in Miss Congeniality, Two Weeks Notice, Crash, The Proposal. Bullocks greatest commercial success is the comedy film Minions, which grossed over US$1 billion at the box office. In 2007, she was one of Hollywoods highest-paid actresses and she was also named Most Beautiful Woman by People magazine in 2015. In addition to her career, Bullock is the founder of the production company Fortis Films. She has produced some of the films in which she starred, including Two Weeks Notice, Miss Congeniality 2, Armed and Fabulous and she was an executive producer of the ABC sitcom, George Lopez, and made several appearances during its run. Bullock was born in Arlington, Virginia and her father, John W. Bullock, was a U. S. Army employee and part-time voice coach, her mother, Helga Mathilde Meyer, was an opera singer and voice teacher. Helga was German, while John is from Birmingham, Alabama and has English, French, German, Bullocks maternal grandfather was a German rocket scientist from Nuremberg. John, who was in charge of the U. S. Armys Military Postal Service in Europe, was stationed in Nuremberg when he met Helga. They married in Germany and moved to Arlington, where John worked with the Army Materiel Command before becoming a contractor for The Pentagon, Bullock has a younger sister, Gesine Bullock-Prado, who went on to serve as vice president of Bullocks production company Fortis Films. Until the age of 18, Bullock held American-German dual citizenship and she then held only American citizenship until 2009, when she reapplied for German citizenship. Bullock was raised in Germany for 12 years, and grew up speaking German and she attended the humanistic Waldorf School in Nuremberg. As a child, while her mother went on European opera tours, Bullock usually stayed with her aunt Christl and cousin Susanne, Bullock studied ballet and vocal arts as a child and frequently accompanied her mother, taking small parts in her opera productions. She sang in the childrens choir at the Staatstheater Nürnberg. Bullock has a scar above her eye, caused by falling into a creek when she was a child. She attended Washington-Lee High School, where she was a cheerleader, after graduating in 1982, she attended East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina, where she received a BFA in Drama in 1987. While at ECU, she performed in theater productions, including Peter PanSandra Bullock – Bullock at the Australian premiere of The Heat in 2013
4. Sarah Chalke – Sarah Chalke is a Canadian actress known for portraying Dr. She also had a role on the third season of the ABC/TBS sitcom Cougar Town. Chalke was born in Ottawa, Ontario, and was raised in Vancouver and she is the middle of three daughters born to Douglas and Angela Chalke. Her mother is from Rostock, Germany, according to a Scrubs commentary track, she used to attend the German school in her hometown twice a week. Her first language is English, but she speaks German fluently and this was incorporated into her Scrubs character, Elliot Reid, who spoke German and French at the same levels. Chalke graduated from Handsworth Secondary School in North Vancouver in 1994, chalkes acting career began at age 8 when she began appearing in musical theater productions. At 12, she became a reporter on the Canadian childrens show KidZone, Chalke would later return to the role of Becky after Goranson departed for a second time. After the show ended, Chalke returned briefly to Canada, where she starred in the CBC Television drama Nothing Too Good for a Cowboy, in 2001, she was cast as Dr. Elliot Reid in the NBC comedy series Scrubs. She has appeared in feature films, including Ernest Goes to School. She appeared in Channel 101s The Bu with The Lonely Island, in 2007, she appeared as a supporting character in Chaos Theory, which starred fellow Canadian Ryan Reynolds. In 2008, Chalke became the spokesperson for a line of womens underwear by Hanes that included a series of commercials directed by her Scrubs co-star Zach Braff, in 2008 and 2009 she made appearances in the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother as Stella Zinman. In the spring of 2011, she starred in the CBS television series Mad Love, Chalke was signed by former Scrubs executive producer Bill Lawrence to play the love interest of Bobby Cobb in the series Cougar Town. She appeared in episodes in the third season. Chalke starred in the ABC comedy series How to Live with Your Parents, which premiered April 3,2013, and she played Polly, a single and very uptight divorced mother who found herself moving back in with her parents because of the economic downturn. Also in 2013, she played a mother named Casey Hedges in the Greys Anatomy Season 9 episode Cant Fight This Feeling. Chalke also voices Beth on the show Rick and Morty, Chalke is engaged to lawyer Jamie Afifi. The couple have a son, Charlie Rhodes Afifi, born December 24,2009 and her son was diagnosed at age 2 with Kawasaki disease. Their daughter, Frankie, was born in spring 2016, chalkes aunt and grandmother died from breast cancer that was undiagnosed while in its early stagesSarah Chalke – Chalke in December 2008.
5. Claudia Christian – Claudia Ann Christian is an American actress, writer, singer, musician and director, known for her role as Commander Susan Ivanova on the science fiction television series Babylon 5. She also voiced characters for the video game Skyrim, a piece of the Elder Scrolls series. Her main charity work is publicizing The Sinclair Method as a cure for alcoholism, Christian was born in Glendale, California, the daughter of Hildegard, who worked as the director of Giorgio Beverly Hills, and James Michael Coghlan. Her mother is from Germany and her father has Irish ancestry and she was raised in Connecticut and England. She performed feature film roles such as a stripper possessed by a serial killer in The Hidden. In 1994–1998, she appeared as Commander Susan Ivanova, one of the series leads and she left unexpectedly when contract negotiations for the fifth and final season – aggravated by the possibility that there would not be one – broke down. J. Michael Straczynski, the creator, maintains that she chose to leave on her own. However, Christian stated that she did wish to return for season 5 and she appeared in the fifth seasons series finale, which had been filmed during the fourth season, when it seemed likely that the series would end prematurely. She posed nude for Playboy magazine in October 1999, appeared in two episodes of Freaks and Geeks in 2000, and appeared in the 2002 She Spies episode, Spy vs Spy. In 2004, she returned to the stage, starring in the United States Premiere of Michael Wellers play What the Night is For, with Kip Gilman, directed by Richard Stein. She starred in the BBC comedy series, Broken News in 2005 and she also plays Janine Foster, mother of Peri Brown, in the Doctor Who audio drama The Reaping, produced by Big Finish Productions released in the United Kingdom in September 2006. She voices Anne Manx in the full cast recordings for the Radio Repertory Company of America, the science fiction series is currently shown as in pre-production for Anne Manx 6. In 2010, Christian appeared in the Showtime series Look, The Series, Christian conceived her own convention, Claudia Con UK, which took place in the United Kingdom on August 13–14,2011. After years of attending conventions where fans were mistreated, told not to touch, photograph, film, I decided to throw what I call the anti-convention. My theory is that if you give people freedom and respect they will in turn give you freedom, Christian has been publicizing the Sinclair method, a treatment for alcohol dependency, through her book Babylon Confidential. In this book she recalls her own experiences with the condition and she made a documentary titled One Little Pill about the method under the auspices of the C3 Foundation, which she founded. Revenge is a Bitch to Swallow, published in Forbidden Love Issue 2, Wicked Women. My Life With Geeks and Freaks, Babylon Confidential, A Memoir of Love, Sex, and Addiction AutobiographyClaudia Christian – Claudia Christian in June 2009
6. Glenn Close – Glenn Close is an American actress, singer and film producer. With an acting career spanning over 40 years, she has been acclaimed for her versatility and is widely regarded as one of the finest actresses of her generation. She has won three Emmy Awards, three Tony Awards, two Golden Globe Awards, and has received six Academy Award nominations and she would later receive nominations for the Academy Award for Best Actress for her performances in Fatal Attraction, Dangerous Liaisons, and Albert Nobbs. She starred as Eleanor of Aquitaine in the 2003 TV film The Lion in Winter, in 2005, she starred in the drama series The Shield. Then from 2007 to 2012, she starred as Patty Hewes in the FX drama series Damages and she has voiced the character of Mona Simpson in the animated sitcom The Simpsons since 1995. She returned to Broadway in November 2014, in a revival of Edward Albees A Delicate Balance. Her other films include Jagged Edge, Hamlet, Reversal of Fortune,101 Dalmatians, Paradise Road, Air Force One, Cookies Fortune, Heights, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Girl With All The Gifts. Close is a six-time Academy Award nominee, tying the record for being the actress with the most nominations never to have won, as of 2016, Close has more Oscar nominations without a win than any other living actor. In addition, she has been nominated for four Tonys, fourteen Emmys, thirteen Golden Globes and she has also won an Obie award and has been nominated for three Grammy Awards and a BAFTA. Close has received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and has been inducted into the American Theater Hall of Fame and she has two sisters, Tina and Jessie, and two brothers, Alexander and Tambu Misoki, whom Closes parents adopted while living in Africa. Close is also a second cousin once-removed of actress Brooke Shields, during her childhood, Close lived with her parents in a stone cottage on her maternal grandfathers estate in Greenwich. Although Close came from an affluent background, she stated that her family not to participate in WASP society. She would also avoid mentioning her birthplace whenever asked because she did not want people to think she was a dilettante who didnt have to work. When she was seven years old, her parents joined a cult group, Close described MRA as a group that dictated every aspect of her life, from the clothes that had to be worn to what they were allowed to say. In an interview Close stated that her desire to become an actress allowed her to break away from the cult, stating and they had their reasons for doing what they did, and I understand them. It had terrible effects on their kids, but that’s the way it is and we all try to survive, right. And I think what actually saved me more than anything was my desire to be an actress and she spent time in Switzerland when studying at St. Georges School in Switzerland. Close traveled for years in the mid-to-late 1960s with an MRA singing group called Up With PeopleGlenn Close – Glenn Close at the Guardians of the Galaxy premiere in July 2014
7. Carolina Dieckmann – Carolina Dieckmann Worcman is a Brazilian actress. Carolina was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Dieckmann has acted in soap operas since 1992. A2004 article in the Womens Wear Daily described Dieckmann as one of the actresses in Brazil. Dieckmann portrayed a person with leukemia in the telenovela Laços de Família and she is the half-sister of Venezuelan actress Christina Dieckmann. In 2012, the Brazilian government approved two cybercrime bills at once, one of them was named Lei Dieckmann, meaning Dieckmann Law, after the law got major traction from an incident where nude photos of the actress were exposed earlier that year. Carolina Dieckmann at the Internet Movie Database Carolina Dieckmann on Twitter Profile of Carolina Dieckmann on the website EGO da Globo. com Photos by loracarola on InstagramCarolina Dieckmann – Carolina Dieckmann.
8. Kirsten Dunst – Kirsten Caroline Dunst is an American actress. She made her debut in Woody Allens short film Oedipus Wrecks for the anthology film New York Stories. At the age of twelve, Dunst gained widespread recognition as Claudia in Interview with the Vampire and she appeared in Little Women the same year and in Jumanji the following year. Dunst achieved fame for her portrayal of Mary Jane Watson in Sam Raimis Spider-Man trilogy and she played the title role in Sofia Coppolas biographical film Marie Antoinette and starred in the comedy film How to Lose Friends & Alienate People. She won the Best Actress Award at the Cannes Film Festival and she starred in the second season of the television series Fargo in 2015, playing the role of Peggy Blumquist, a slightly delusional and neurotic hairdresser. In 2001, Dunst made her debut in the film Get Over It. She also sang the jazz song After Youve Gone for the end credits of the film The Cats Meow, Dunst was born in Point Pleasant, New Jersey, to Klaus Hermann Dunst and Inez Dunst. She has a brother, Christian. Her father worked as a medical services executive, and her mother worked for Lufthansa as an attendant and was an artist. Dunsts father is German, originally from Hamburg, and Dunsts mother was born in New Jersey, until the age of eleven, Dunst lived in Brick Township, New Jersey, where she attended Ranney School. In 1993, her parents separated, and she moved with her mother and brother to Los Angeles, California. In 1995, her mother filed for divorce, after graduating from Notre Dame in 2000, Dunst continued the acting career that she had begun. As a teenager, she found it difficult to deal with her rising fame, however, she later expressed that her mother always had the best intentions. When asked if she had any regrets about the way she spent her childhood, Dunst said, Well, its not a way to grow up. I have my stuff to work out, I dont think anybody can sit around and say, My life is more screwed up than yours. Dunst began her career when she was three years old as a fashion model in television commercials. She was signed with Ford Models and Elite Model Management, at the age of six, she made her feature film debut in a minor role in Woody Allens short film Oedipus Wrecks that was released as one-third of the anthology film New York Stories. Soon after, she co-starred with Tom Hanks in the comedy-drama The Bonfire of the Vanities, based on Tom Wolfes novel of the same name, where she played the daughter of Hanks characterKirsten Dunst – Dunst at the 2013 premiere of Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues in Sydney, Australia
9. Nicole Eggert – Nicole Elizabeth Eggert is an American actress. Her notable roles include Jamie Powell in the television series Charles in Charge, in 1999 Nicole guest starred on Boy Meets World. She has made several Christmas movies that premiered on Lifetime, Eggert was most recently a contestant on the VH1 reality show Celebrity Fit Club and she recently came in 2nd on ABCs celebrity diving show Splash. Eggert was born in Glendale, California and her mother, Gina Duncan, is a British-born talent agent, and her father, Rolf Eggert, was a German-born canning company executive. Eggerts quest for stardom started when her mother entered her in beauty contests, at age five, Eggert was Miss Universe in the petite division. An agent saw her and offered her a role in a Johnsons Baby Shampoo commercial, in 1980, at age eight, Eggert landed a role in the movie Rich and Famous, opposite Jacqueline Bisset and Candice Bergen, playing Bergens characters young daughter. Also in 1980, Eggert provided the voice of Dennis arch snobby rival Margaret in Dennis the Menace in Mayday for Mother, Eggert had a recurring role on Whos The Boss. from 1985–1986 as Marci Ferguson, who was a friend of Samantha Micelli. In January 1987, she starred on the television show Charles in Charge as Jamie Powell, after the show was cancelled in 1990, she starred as Alexa Adams in the film adaptation of Danielle Steels Secrets which released in 1992. She was featured as one of the many lifeguards on seasons 3 and 4 on the syndicated show and she appeared on the show from 1992 to 1994 and was originally supposed to be on a Baywatch spin-off. With Children in episode Enemies as Shannon, intended to be a pilot for a spin-off. Eggert appears on the cover of the debut album Lemonade and Brownies of rock band Sugar Ray, in 2004, Eggert played the role of Ginger in the first edition of the TBS networks The Real Gilligans Island reality show. She was the first guest star to appear on The Super Mario Bros, also in 1989, Eggert hosted the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards with Wil Wheaton. She also appeared on Scott Baio Is 45. and Single in 2007, on September 23,2009, VH1 announced Eggerts participation in the winter 2010 season of Celebrity Fit Club. In 2010, Eggert appeared on the Comedy Central Roast of David Hasselhoff, in 2013, Eggert was added to the cast of Splash, the celebrity diving show on ABC. In April it was reported she was injured during the taping of an episode, in the days following, she denied sustaining any serious injury. In 2014, Eggert began a new career as the owner-operator of a truck, describing it as a Family run business bringing a fun, unique. Eggert was engaged to Canadian actor Corey Haim, with whom she starred in Blown Away, The Double 0 Kid, I dont think that I saved his life, I just think that I was there for him. Eggert was married to actor Justin Herwick from 2000 to 2002 and they have a daughter together, DilynNicole Eggert – Eggert at the Chiller Theatre Expo 2014
10. Vera Fischer (actress) – Vera Fischer is a Brazilian actress of long-standing reputation and works in cinema and for the small screen, particularly for telenovelas. A former beauty pageant titleholder, she was crowned Miss Brazil in 1969 by Miss Miss Brazil 1968 and also Miss Universe 1968, Martha Vasconcellos. Vera Fischer was born in Blumenau, Santa Catarina, in Southern Brazil, to Hildegard Berndt, a Brazilian of German ancestry, and Emil Fischer, who was originally from Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg. Fischer never had a relationship with him, My father was German, Nazi. Until age 5, Fischer only spoke German and started to learn Portuguese at school, Fischer was crowned Miss Brazil in 1969 which is what propelled her career to great fame. She also competed at Miss Universe 1969, becoming a semifinalist, the film that brought her onscreen reputation was A Superfêmea, a pornochanchada of 1973. She is considered a good actress and has won several awards, among her theatrical appearances, she is best known for A Primeira Noite de Um Homem, the adaptation of The Graduate by Miguel Falabella She is considered as a notable sex symbol in Brazil. In 1982 and in 2000, she did nude photoshoots for the Brazilian issue of the Playboy magazine and she starred in telenovelas such as O Clone and Laços de Família. She has a daughter and a son from her respective marriagesVera Fischer (actress) – Fischer, c. 2006
11. Bridget Fonda – Bridget Jane Fonda is a retired American actress. She is known for her roles in films as The Godfather Part III, Single White Female, Point of No Return, It Could Happen to You. She is the daughter of Peter Fonda, niece of Jane Fonda and she received an Emmy Award nomination for the 1997 TV film In the Gloaming, and a second Golden Globe Award nomination for the 2001 TV film No Ordinary Baby. Fonda was born in Los Angeles, California, to a family of actors, including her grandfather Henry Fonda, father Peter Fonda and her mother, Susan Jane Brewer, is an artist. She is named after actress Margaret Sullavans daughter Bridget Hayward and her maternal grandmother, Mary Sweet, married businessman Noah Dietrich. Bridgets parents divorced and Peter remarried Portia Rebecca Crockett, Peter and Portia raised Bridget, her brother Justin, and older stepbrother Thomas McGuane Jr. in the Coldwater Canyon section of Los Angeles and south of Livingston, Montana. Fonda attended Westlake School for Girls in Los Angeles, in 1986, Bridget met Eric Stoltz and, in 1990, they began dating. The relationship ended after eight years, on February 27,2003, she suffered a serious car crash in Los Angeles which caused a fracture in her vertebra. In March of the year, she became engaged to film/TV composer and former Oingo Boingo frontman Danny Elfman. They have a son named Oliver, Fonda became involved with the theatre when she was cast in a school production of Harvey. She studied method acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute as part of New York Universitys Tisch School of the Arts acting program and graduated from NYU in 1986. She made her debut at the age of five in the 1969 movie Easy Rider as a child in the hippie commune that Peter Fonda. Her second part was in the 1982 comedy Partners, in 1988, she got her first substantial film role in Scandal. That same year she appeared in You Cant Hurry Love and Shag and her breakthrough role was as a journalist in The Godfather Part III. After gaining additional work experience in a few theater productions she was cast in the lead in Barbet Schroeders Single White Female and she starred in 1993s Point of No Return, an American remake of the 1990 French film Nikita. A review in the New Yorker cited her provocative, taunting assertiveness, in 1997, she was on the same flight as Quentin Tarantino when he offered her the part of Melanie in Jackie Brown. She was also offered the lead, eponymous role in the television series Ally McBeal. She starred with Jet Li in the thriller film Kiss of the Dragon in 2001Bridget Fonda – Bridget Fonda at the 2001 Cannes Film Festival
12. Paris Hilton – Paris Whitney Hilton is an American businesswoman, socialite, television and media personality, model, actress, singer, and DJ. She is the great-granddaughter of Conrad Hilton, the founder of Hilton Hotels and her lifestyle and rumored short-lived relationships made her a feature of entertainment news and tabloid magazines, and Hilton was proclaimed New Yorks leading It girl in 2001. In 2003, a sex tape with Hilton and her then-boyfriend Rick Salomon, in 2004, Hilton released her book Confessions of an Heiress, which became a New York Times Best Seller. R. Rotem, Dr. Luke, Fernando Garibay and Kara DioGuardi on a pop album, Hiltons debut single Stars Are Blind was released worldwide in June 2006 and quickly became an instant hit around the world including number one in Scotland. The self-titled album, Paris, was released worldwide on August 22,2006, the album reached number six on the Billboard 200, and has since sold over 600,000 copies worldwide. Her other acting credits include Bottoms Up, National Lampoons Pledge This, the Hottie and the Nottie, Repo. The Genetic Opera and Sofia Coppolas film The Bling Ring, in 2012, Hilton announced her DJ career and made her debut at the São Paulo Pop Music Festival. Although her performance was criticized, she one of the highest-paid celebrity DJs. That same year, she returned to music, signing a record deal with Lil Waynes. Critics and admirers have said that Hilton is famous for being famous, exemplifying the celebutante, a celebrity not through talent or work and she has parlayed her media fame into perfumes and a fashion line with her endorsement, her fragrances have earned $1.5 billion. There are currently three Paris Hilton apartment complexes and 44 Paris Hilton stores worldwide, with products including perfumes, handbags, watches, Hilton earns over $10 million a year from product sales. Hiltons perfume products alone have brought in over $2.5 billion in revenue, and, as of 2005, was paid about $300,000 for appearances in clubs and events. Hilton was born in New York City and her mother, Kathy Hilton, is a socialite and former actress, her father, Richard Howard Rick Hilton, is a businessman. Hilton is the oldest of four children, she has one sister, Nicholai Olivia Nicky Hilton and her paternal great-grandfather was Conrad Hilton, who founded Hilton Hotels. Hilton has Norwegian, German, Italian, English, Irish and she moved frequently in her youth, living in a suite in the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in Manhattan, Beverly Hills and the Hamptons. As a child she was friends with other socialites, including Ivanka Trump, Nicole Richie, growing up in Los Angeles, Hilton attended the Buckley School and St. Paul the Apostle School, finishing elementary school in 1995. Her freshman year of school was spent at the Marywood-Palm Valley School in Rancho Mirage. In 1996, Hilton and her family left California for the East Coast, at age 16, Hilton spent one year at the Provo Canyon School for emotionally troubled teensParis Hilton – Hilton at the Fox Reality Channel Really Awards, Hollywood, California, 2009
13. Vera Holtz – Vera Lúcia Fraletti Holtz, better known as Vera Holtz is a Brazilian television and cinema actress. 1983 - Parabéns pra Você. saleswoman 1989 - Top Model, irma Lamer 1989 - Que Rei Sou Eu. Fanny 1990 - Barriga de Aluguel, ms. Alice Penn Taylor 1992 - De Corpo e Alma. Simone Guedes 1993 - Fera Ferida, querubina Praxedes de Menezes 1995 - A Próxima Vítima. Quitéria Quarta-Feira 1996 - O Fim do Mundo, florisbela Mendonça 1996 - Você Decide, A Troca 1997 - Por Amor. Sirléia Pereira 1999 - Chiquinha Gonzaga, mãe Cândida Olinto 2001 - Presença de Anita. Marta 2002 - Desejos de Mulher, bárbara Toledo 2003 - Mulheres Apaixonadas. Ornela Sabattini 2005 - Carga Pesada, marion Novaes 2008 - Dilemas de Irene - Dona Célia 2008 - Três IrmãsVera Holtz – Vera Holtz
14. Bruna Linzmeyer – Bruna Linzmeyer is a Brazilian actress who has played the lead role in Meu Pedacinho de Chão and has participated in several other telenovelas. Born in Corupá, state of Santa Catarina, bruna Linzmeyers father is German, while her mother is of Portuguese, Spanish, Native Brazilian and African descent. The actress moved to Rio de Janeiro to play Leila Machado in the 2011 telenovela Insensato Coração, bruna Linzmeyer played an autistic person named Linda in the 2013 Rede Globo telenovela Amor à Vida. She played the teacher Juliana, who is the lead character, bruna Linzmeyer at the Internet Movie DatabaseBruna Linzmeyer – Linzmeyer in 2013.
15. Fiorella Mattheis – Fiorella Gelli Mattheis is a Brazilian actress, model and television presenter. Fiorella was born in Petrópolis, Rio de Janeiro and she if of Italian and German ancestry, both her paternal and maternal family name are from Northern Italy. She is the daughter of Andreas Mattheis, a car driver. On July 20,2013 she married Flavio Canto, they were divorced in September 2014, from the end of 2014, Mattheis has been dating professional footballer Alexandre Pato. Mattheis began her career at the age of fourteen, after being a finalist of a competition held by the agency Elite Model Management. Soon after she moved to São Paulo, and it was there that her career as a model took off. From fifteen to seventeen, she lived in Japan, Hong Kong and her acting career started when she played Vivian in Malhação. Mattheis does not consume alcoholic beverages, while she stopped eating red meat and chicken for ideological reasons two years ago, she otherwise avoids stringent dietary restrictions. Instead, she relies on an exercise regimen that she began as a teenager. Sometimes on the treadmill, sometimes outdoors, Mattheis attributes her successful career to achieving what could not be done with beauty alone through hard work and dedication. In early June 2015, Mattheis was honored as the godmother of the non-governmental organization Ampara Animal in Rio de Janeiro for her activism in helping needy cats, later that month, Mattheis had her hair treated by burning with a lit candle. This technique increases the strength and body with which hair grows, in July 2015, she posed in a bikini with fellow Vai Que Cola third season actress Samantha Schmutz. In August 2015, Mattheis posed in an advertisement for the clothing brand PG with actor, Gustavo described Mattheis as the most beautiful woman Ive ever seen. Fiorella Mattheis at the Internet Movie Database Fiorella Mattheis on InstagramFiorella Mattheis – Fiorella Mattheis
16. Pink (singer) – Alecia Beth Moore, known professionally as Pink, is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, and actress. She was signed to her first record label with original R&B girl group Choice in 1995, the label, LaFace Records saw potential in only Pink, offering her a solo deal. Pink rose as an artist with her solo album, Cant Take Me Home. It was certified double-platinum in the United States and spawned two Billboard Hot 100 top-ten hits, There You Go and Most Girls and she gained further recognition with the Moulin Rouge. Soundtrack Lady Marmalade, which gave Pink her first Grammy Award as well as her first number-one single on the Billboard Hot 100, Pink took control in early 2001 insisting she wanted to work with her childhood hero, Linda Perry. Pink took more control and pursued a pop direction for her second album. It sold more than 15 million copies worldwide and yielded three United States top-ten singles, Get the Party Started, Dont Let Me Get Me, Pinks third album, Try This, generated considerably lower sales, but earned her the Grammy Award for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance. Pink revived her popularity with her fourth and fifth albums, Im Not Dead and Funhouse, with the latter containing her second United States number-one hit. Pink concluded the first decade of her career with the compilation album Greatest Hits, so Far. which featured Fuckin Perfect and the chart-topping single Raise Your Glass. In 2014 Pink recorded an album, Rose Ave. with Canadian musician Dallas Green under a folk music duo named You+Me. Recognized for her signature vocals and acrobatic performances, Pink has sold over 60 million albums worldwide. Her career accolades include three Grammy Awards, a Brit Award, a Daytime Emmy Award and six MTV Video Music Awards, in 2009, Billboard named Pink the Pop Songs Artist of the Decade. Pink was also the second most-played female solo artist in the United Kingdom during the 2000s decade, vH1 ranked her number 10 on their list of the 100 Greatest Women in Music, while Billboard awarded her the Woman of the Year award in 2013. At the 63rd annual BMI Pop Awards, she received the BMI Presidents Award for her achievement in songwriting and global impact on pop culture. Alecia Beth Moore was born on September 8,1979, in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, to nurse Judy and insurance salesman Jim Moore and she has described her background as Irish-German-Lithuanian-Jew. Although a healthy baby at birth, she developed asthma that plagued her through her early years. Pink attended Central Bucks High School West, when Moore was a toddler, her parents began having marital problems, and before she was 10 her parents had divorced. Pink developed her voice early in life, in high school, Pink joined her first band, Middleground, but it disbanded upon losing a battle of the bands competitionPink (singer) – Pink performing live during Truth About Love Tour in April 2013
17. Isabella Rossellini – Isabella Fiorella Elettra Giovanna Rossellini is an Italian actress, filmmaker, author, philanthropist, and model. Rossellini also received a Golden Globe Award nomination for her performance in Crime of the Century and she has four other siblings from her fathers two other marriages, Romano, Renzo, Gil, and Raffaella. Rossellini was raised in Rome, as well as in Santa Marinella and she underwent an operation for appendicitis at the age of five. At 11, she was diagnosed with scoliosis, in order to correct it, she had to undergo an 18-month ordeal of painful stretchings, body casts, and surgery on her spine using pieces of one of her shin bones. Consequently, she has permanent incision scars on her back and shin, at 19, she went to New York City, where she attended Finch College, while working as a translator and a RAI television reporter. She also appeared intermittently on Laltra Domenica, a TV show featuring Roberto Benigni, however, she did not decide to stay full-time in New York until her marriage to Martin Scorsese. At the age of 28, her career began, when she was photographed by Bruce Weber for British Vogue. Her image has appeared on magazines as Marie Claire, Harpers Bazaar, Vanity Fair. In March 1988, a dedicated to photographs of her. At Lancôme, in 1990, she was involved in development for the fragrance Trésor. In 1996, when she was 44, she was removed as the face of Lancôme for being too old, in October 1992, Rossellini modelled for Madonnas controversial book Sex. Rossellini also appeared in Madonnas music video for her successful Top 5 hit song Erotica, in 1995, Rossellini worked with the Coty Group and developed her own brand of cosmetics, Isabella Rossellinis Manifesto. She is signed to Trump Model Management, Rossellini was the inaugural brand ambassador for the Italian Silversea Cruises company in 2004, and she appeared in print ads and on their website. Rossellini made her debut with a brief appearance as a nun opposite her mother in the 1976 film A Matter of Time. Her first role was the 1979 film Il Prato, and then in 1980 she appeared in Renzo Arbores film Il papocchio with Martin Scorsese, following her mothers death in 1982, Rossellini was cast in her first American film, White Nights. This was followed by her role as the tortured nightclub singer Dorothy Vallens in the David Lynch film Blue Velvet. Other significant film roles during this period include her work in Cousins, Death Becomes Her, Fearless, in 1996, she appeared as herself in an episode of the TV series Friends called The One With Frank Jr. In 2003, Rossellini was a character on the television series AliasIsabella Rossellini – Rossellini at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival
18. Brooke Shields – Brooke Christa Shields is an American actress, model and former child star. In 1983, Shields suspended her career as a model to attend Princeton University, where she graduated with a bachelors degree in Romance Languages. In the 1990s, Shields returned to acting, appearing in roles in films, and starred in the titular role of the sitcom Suddenly Susan. She also worked alongside Bell again in the animated films Adventure Planet, Shields was born in Manhattan, the daughter of Teri and Frank Shields, a businessman. Through her fathers side, she has Italian, French, Irish, according to research by William Addams Reitwiesner published in 1995, Brooke Shields has ancestral links with a number of noble families from Italy, in particular from Genoa and Rome. These are namely the Gattilusi-Palaiologos-Savoy, Grimaldi, Imperiali, Carafa, Doria, Doria-Pamphili-Landi, Chigi-Albani and her paternal grandmother was the Italian princess Donna Marina Torlonia. Shields mother was of German, English, Scots-Irish, and Welsh descent, Shields was raised in the Roman Catholic faith. When Teri announced that she was pregnant, Franks family paid her a sum to terminate the pregnancy, Teri took the money, but violated the agreement and gave birth to their daughter who they named Brooke. Frank married Teri, but they were divorced when Brooke was five months old and she has two stepbrothers and three half-sisters. When Shields was only five-days-old, her mother stated she wanted her to be active in show business, Shes the most beautiful child. Growing up, Shields took piano, ballet and riding lessons, for her confirmation in the Roman Catholic Church at age 10, she took the name Camille. While attending high school, she resided in Haworth, New Jersey, Shields attended the New Lincoln School until eighth grade. She graduated from The Dwight-Englewood School in Englewood, New Jersey and she moved to a dorm at Princeton University to pursue her bachelors degree in French literature, where she graduated in 1987. At Princeton, she spoke openly about her sexuality and virginity, Shields was a member of the Princeton Triangle Club and the Cap and Gown Club. Her autobiography, On Your Own, was published in 1985 and her 1987 senior thesis was titled The Initiation, From Innocence to Experience, The Pre-Adolescent/Adolescent Journey in the Films of Louis Malle, Pretty Baby and Lacombe Lucien. Shortly after her graduation, her four-year transcript was published in the July 1987 edition of Life Magazine. Based on that transcript, The New York Times published a light-hearted op-ed piece intended to tweak the claim that Princeton produced superior, well-rounded graduates. F that adds up to an arts education from a place like Princeton, there is no longer any danger that our society will ever suffer from elitism in any formBrooke Shields – Shields at Make Believe On Broadway, November 23, 2011
19. Gwen Stefani – Gwen Renée Stefani is an American singer, songwriter, and fashion designer. During the bands hiatus, Stefani embarked on a pop career in 2004 by releasing her debut studio album Love. Inspired by pop music from the 1980s, the album was met both critical and commercial success. It spawned three successful singles, What You Waiting For. Rich Girl, and Hollaback Girl, the reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 while also becoming the first US download to sell one million copies. In 2006 Stefani released her studio album The Sweet Escape. The album produced two singles, Wind It Up and the albums title track The Sweet Escape. Her third solo album This Is What the Truth Feels Like was released in March 2016, Stefani has won three Grammy Awards. As a solo artist she has received accolades, including an American Music Award, Brit Award, World Music Award. In 2003, she debuted her clothing line L. A. M. B. and expanded her collection with the 2005 Harajuku Lovers line, drawing inspiration from Japanese culture, Stefani performs and makes public appearances with four back-up dancers known as the Harajuku Girls. She was married to British musician Gavin Rossdale from 2002 to 2015, Billboard magazine ranked Stefani the 54th most successful artist and 37th most successful Hot 100 artist of the 2000–09 decade. VH1 ranked her 13th on their 100 Greatest Women in Music list in 2012, including her work with No Doubt, Stefani has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide. Stefani was born on October 3,1969, in Fullerton, California and she was named after a stewardess in the 1968 novel Airport, and her middle name, Renée, comes from The Four Tops 1968 cover of The Left Bankes 1966 song Walk Away Renée. Her father, Dennis Stefani, is Italian American and worked as a Yamaha marketing executive and her mother, Patti, worked as an accountant before becoming a housewife. Gwens parents were fans of music and exposed her to music by artists like Bob Dylan. She has two siblings, Jill and Todd, and an older brother named Eric. Eric was the keyboardist for No Doubt before leaving the band to pursue a career in animation on The Simpsons. Her brother Eric introduced Gwen to 2 Tone music by Madness and The Selecter and, in 1986, he invited her to provide vocals for No Doubt, finally, in 1991, the band was signed to Interscope RecordsGwen Stefani – Stefani at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival
20. Meryl Streep – Mary Louise Meryl Streep is an American actress and philanthropist. Nominated for 20 Academy Awards, Streep has more nominations than any actor or actress. Streep has also received 30 Golden Globe nominations, winning eight—more nominations, Streep made her professional stage debut in Trelawny of the Wells in 1975, and in 1976 received a Tony Award nomination for Best Featured Actress in a Play for 27 Wagons Full of Cotton. She made her debut in the 1977 television film The Deadliest Season. In 1978, she won an Emmy Award for her role in the miniseries Holocaust and she went on to win Best Supporting Actress for Kramer vs. Kramer, and Best Actress for Sophies Choice and The Iron Lady. President Barack Obama awarded her the 2010 National Medal of Arts, in 2003, the government of France made her a Commander of the Order of Arts and Letters. In 2017, Streep was awarded the Golden Globe Cecil B. Mary Louise Streep was born on June 22,1949, in Summit, New Jersey, the daughter of Mary Wolf Wilkinson, a commercial artist and art editor, the eldest child, she has two younger brothers, Dana David and Harry William III. Streeps father Harry was of German and Swiss ancestry and her fathers lineage traces back to Loffenau, Germany, from where her second great-grandfather, Gottfried Streeb, immigrated to the United States, and where one of her ancestors served as mayor. Another line of her fathers family was from Giswil, Switzerland and her mother had English, German, and Irish ancestry. Some of Streeps maternal ancestors lived in Pennsylvania and Rhode Island and were descended from 17th-century immigrants from England and her eighth great-grandfather, Lawrence Wilkinson, was one of the first Europeans to settle in Rhode Island. Streep is also a distant relative of William Penn, the founder of Pennsylvania, Streeps maternal great-great-grandparents, Manus McFadden and Grace Strain, the namesake of Streeps second daughter, were natives of the Horn Head district of Dunfanaghy, Ireland. Streeps mother, whom she has compared in both appearance and manner to Dame Judi Dench, strongly encouraged her daughter and instilled confidence in her from a young age. Streep has said, She was a mentor because she said to me, Meryl and she was saying, You can do whatever you put your mind to. If youre lazy, youre not going to get it done, but if you put your mind to it, you can do anything. Although Streep was naturally more introverted than her mother, at times when she later needed an injection of confidence in adulthood, she would consult her mother, asking her for advice. Streep was raised as a Presbyterian in Basking Ridge, New Jersey and attended Cedar Hill Elementary School and the Oak Street School, in her Junior High debut, she starred as Lousie Heller in the play The Family Upstairs. In 1963 the family moved to Bernardsville, New Jersey, where she attended Bernards High SchoolMeryl Streep – Streep in the late 1970s
21. Uma Thurman – Uma Karuna Thurman is an American actress and model. She has performed in a variety of films, ranging from romantic comedies, following her appearances on the December 1985 and May 1986 covers of British Vogue, she starred in Dangerous Liaisons. She starred in more films throughout the 1990s such as Batman & Robin, Gattaca. Thurman was awarded the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Television Film for Hysterical Blindness, hailed as Quentin Tarantinos muse, she reunited with the director to play the main role in both Kill Bill films, which brought her two additional Golden Globe Award nominations. Other acting credits in the decade include Be Cool, The Producers, Thurman was born in Boston, Massachusetts. Her forename Uma, Sanskrit उमा, literally means splendour, light and her father, Robert Alexander Farrar Thurman, is a professor of Indo-Tibetan Buddhist Studies, an academic and writer, he lived as an ordained Buddhist monk for three years. Her mother, Nena von Schlebrügge, was German nobility and a model, discovered in Stockholm. Thurmans mother was born in Mexico City, Mexico, of Swedish, German and Danish descent, while Thurmans father was born in New York, Thurman received a Buddhist upbringing, and spent altogether around two years in the Indo-Himalayan town of Almora. She now considers herself to be an agnostic and she grew up mostly in Amherst, Massachusetts, where she went to Amherst Regional Middle School, then moved to Woodstock, New York. She has three brothers, Ganden, Dechen, and Mipam, and a half-sister named Taya, from her fathers previous marriage, Thurmans first cousin, once removed, is Swedish football player Max von Schlebrügge. Thurman is described as having been an awkward and introverted girl who was teased for her tall frame, angular bone structure, enormous feet, when Thurman was 10 years old, a friends mother suggested a nose job. As a child, she suffered bouts of body dysmorphic disorder, in the eighth grade she discovered her love for acting. Talent scouts noticed her performance as Abigail in a production of The Crucible, Thurman attended Northfield Mount Hermon School, a preparatory school in Massachusetts, before dropping out to pursue a career in acting. Thurman began her career as a model at age 15. Her early modeling credits included Glamour and the December 1985 and May 1986 covers of British Vogue and she made her movie debut in 1988, appearing in four films that year. Her first two were the school comedy Johnny Be Good and teen thriller Kiss Daddy Goodnight. The most notable of these first four films was Oscar-winning drama Dangerous Liaisons, a commercial success, the picture also garnered Thurman recognition and acclaim from critics and audiences, film critic Roger Ebert found her to be well cast in her tricky key role. At the time, insecure about her appearance, she spent roughly a year in London, during which she often wore loose, malkovich said of her, There is nothing twitchy teenager-ish about her, I haven’t met anyone like her at that ageUma Thurman – Thurman at the Nymphomaniac premiere at the 2014 Berlin Film Festival