Pages in category "Canadian YouTubers"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Maria Aragon – Maria Lourdes Aragon is a Canadian singer of Filipino descent. Aragon gained fame after a YouTube video of her performing Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" went viral. Maria Lourdes Aragon was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Aragon has Rojuane Aragon. At a young age, Maria had a big interest in singing, where she had posted covers on rojuanearagon. In a week, her video reached over million views. As of October 2015, the video had over million views. During an interview in Winnipeg, Lady Gaga called into the show to tell Aragon how moved she had been by her performance. Lady Gaga then invited an already surprised Aragon to perform "Born This Way" with her at The Monster Ball Tour concert in Toronto. In Toronto, Canada, 99.9 Virgin Radio offered to fly her to Toronto for free. Aragon later rejoined her team of back up dancers for an uptempo finale version of "Born This Way". On March 2011, Aragon performed "Born This Way" at her home for Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper. She and Harper also performed a duet of John Lennon's song "Imagine". In 2011, she appeared in commercials for HTC singing Wavin' Flag and Gap Kids, singing "I Want Candy". On July 2011, Aragon arrived in the Philippines where she signed a contract with Star Records, the same recording company who also signed Charice.Maria Aragon – Aragon with Lady Gaga c.2009
2. Nicole Arbour – Nicole Arbour is a Canadian actress, choreographer, comedian, dancer, musician, singer and writer from Hamilton, Ontario. Arbour is a former cheerleader for the Toronto Raptors of the National Basketball Association. As an actress, Arbour appeared in Howie Silent But Deadly. Arbour's single "Bang Bang" was released on April 2013. On June 2015, her single and music video to "Fun Revolution" was released and was the first Periscope music video to debut. In April 2015, Arbour was nominated as a finalist for "Best Comedian" for the Shorty Awards however lost to Hannibal Buress. Arbour's brand of cheerleader meets motivational speaker was the foundation of her movement. In September 2015, Arbour became the subject of controversy when she posted a viral video on her YouTube channel titled "Dear Fat People." Critics argue the video endorses fat shaming. The video was temporarily unavailable over claims that it violated the YouTube terms of service, but was later restored. Arbour was the subject of both public and criticism, with model Ashley Graham labelling her comments as "downright disgusting". Director Pat Mills was quoted via several sources, "I'm gay. I was bullied a lot as a kid. I am no stranger to ridicule and loneliness... It’s fat-phobic and awful.Nicole Arbour – Arbour at the 2014 Hamilton Festival of Friends
3. AsapScience – AsapScience, stylized as AsapSCIENCE, is a YouTube channel created by Canadian youtubers Mitchell Moffit and Gregory Brown. The channel produces weekly videos that touch on different topics of science. The two creators have AsapTHOUGHT, which contains videos that discuss several issues. AsapScience videos are about science, with many episodes, such as How Much Sleep Do You Actually Need?, discussing functions of the human body. They sometimes make songs explaining science such as Science Love Song and Periodic Table Song. Each video's scientific concepts are conveyed using colored drawings on a voice-over narration. As revealed in a behind-the-scenes video, Mitchell composes the background music for the videos, while Greg is the primary illustrator. The two are an gay couple who met in college while studying biology and have been together since the beginning of 2007. The most viewed video of the channel currently is What Colour is this dress?, which has over 20 million views. Their videos have been featured in websites such as Gizmodo. In March 2015, Moffit and Brown released their first book, AsapSCIENCE: Answers to the World's Weirdest Questions, Unexplained Phenomena. In February 2016, Mitchell Moffit was announced as one of the 16 houseguests that will compete on Big Brother Canada 4. He was evicted on day 42. AsapScience also appeared in IISuperwomanII's'#LEH' and'IVIVI'. As of September 2016, AsapScience and AsapThought have about 6.5 million subscribers combined.AsapScience – AsapSCIENCE
4. Justin Bieber – Justin Drew Bieber is a Canadian singer and songwriter. It was certified platinum in the U.S. He became the first artist to have seven songs from a debut record chart on the Billboard Hot 100. Bieber released his first full-length studio album, My World 2.0, in 2010. It debuted at or near number one in several countries and was certified triple platinum in the U.S. It was preceded by his most successful single to date, "Baby". He released his second studio album, Under the Mistletoe, in November 2011, when it debuted at number one on the Billboard 200. Bieber released his third studio album, Believe, in 2012. His fourth studio album Purpose was released in November 2015. His U.S. album and singles sales total 44.7 million. He has sold an estimated 100 million records, making him one of the world’s best-selling music artists. He has won numerous fan-voted awards, including American Music Award for Artist of the Year in 2010 and 2012. In his career, he has received three Grammy nominations, winning one for Best Dance Recording for the song "Where Are Ü Now" at the 2016 ceremony. His fan base, dubbed "beliebers", largely consists of early to mid-adolescent girls. He has been listed four times by Forbes magazine among the top ten most powerful celebrities in the world in 2011, 2012, 2013.Justin Bieber – Bieber at the 2012 NRJ Music Awards
5. Erik Mongrain – Erik Mongrain is a Canadian composer and guitarist. He has a dark acoustic style, with a wide array of different techniques, approaches and textures reminiscent of Michael Hedges. Erik Mongrain taught himself guitar from the age of 14. As a boy, he was mostly interested in sports but began to teach himself to play by ear. Erik developed an interest in classical and acoustic guitar after hearing the work of Johann Sebastian Bach. He began composing. Erik Mongrain was inspired early by the work of Metallica, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain. He thought: "This was a new revelation to me. I finally found my niche." After that, Erik was heavily influenced by the work of Michael Hedges. Erik Mongrain plays live shows in the United States, England. He was featured on the cover of Guild Guitar Company Magazine. Erik was featured in many other acoustic guitar magazines. Erik released his first full-length album, Fates, in December 2006 as a series of individually buyable/downloadable songs. The physical CD was released in June 2007.Erik Mongrain – Erik Mongrain
6. Harley Morenstein – Harley Morenstein is a Canadian actor, Internet personality and vlogger. He co-created, produces, hosts the YouTube show Epic Meal Time and its FYI television spin-off series Epic Meal Empire. He also runs a successful vlog channel. He is one of the three original members of the show along with Ameer Atari and Adam Lemco. Morenstein was born to English speaking Jewish-Canadian parents in Montreal, Quebec. He was a substitute teacher for a number of years at Lakeside Academy in Lachine, teaching history. In 2010 he co-created "Epic Meal Time" with Sterling Toth. He produces the show with Darren Morenstein, under company name Nexttime Productions. Morenstein became famous on Vine in 2013 with his Vine on beard shaving. He has amassed 275,000 subscribers on his vlog channel. Morenstein featured in one of Destorm's songs called "Epic wRap", uploaded on YouTube December 2011. He starred in Smith's portion of the movie Holidays. He will be to the Canadian Horror Trilogy, Moose Jaws. Morenstein was cast in the 2015 film Dead Rising: Watchtower. He had a guest role on an episode of Nickelodeon's Game Shakers, in his first role.Harley Morenstein – Morenstein speaking at the 2014 VidCon
7. Matthew Santoro – Matthew Santoro is a Canadian YouTube personality and former accountant. Santoro posts on his main channel, "Matthew Santoro", "50 Amazing Facts" videos. Santoro also has a second channel, primarily used for vlogging. He deleted this channel in December 2016. Santoro most frequently uploads top ten lists, such as "10 FORBIDDEN Places You’re Not Allowed to Visit!" and "10 Extremely BIZARRE Phobias People Actually Have!". On January 2016, he began uploading videos to his third channel Santoro Gaming. This channel has about 2.8 million views. On May 2016, YouTuber GradeAUnderA uploaded a video accusing Santoro of plagiarising his content from website Listverse. As a result of these accusations, he lost about 000 YouTube subscribers. He was later moved to St. Catharines. In May 2015, Santoro moved to Toronto, Canada, where he currently resides. Hip-hop culture, Santoro often refers to Toronto as "the six". In January 2016, Santoro uploaded a video titled My Abuse Story. In the video Santoro was very emotional about what happened. He claims that he had made it public accidentally.Matthew Santoro – Santoro in 2015
8. Lilly Singh – Lilly Singh is a Canadian YouTube personality, vlogger, comedian, actress and rapper. Singh is better known by her YouTube username IISuperwomanII. Since beginning her channel in October 2010, her channel has accumulated over 10.0 million subscribers. In 2016, Singh was ranked 8th on the Forbes list of the world's highest paid YouTube stars, earning a reported $ million in 2016. She was led YouTube Rewind 2015. Singh has received an MTV Fandom Award, three Streamy Awards and two Teen Choice Awards in her career. In 2016 she came out with a red lip stick, titled A Trip to Unicorn Island. In February 2017, Singh will also release her first book, How to be a Bawse. Lilly reached million YouTube subscribers in October 2016, making her one of the most successful female YouTube personalities of all time. She was raised in Scarborough, Toronto. She was raised in the Sikh tradition. Singh has an elder sister named Tina, who also has a YouTube channel. As a child, she has said she was a tomboy. In 2006, she graduated from Lester B. Pearson Collegiate Institute. In 2010, Singh graduated in psychology.Lilly Singh – Singh at the 2015 VidCon
9. Maggie Szabo – Maggie Szabo is a Canadian soul and pop singer and songwriter. Her single was premiered by Ryan Seacrest. Her collaboration as an songwriter with German DJ Schiller on his album debuted at the first rank in Germany. Her single was premiered by Yahoo! Music. Maggie grew up in Dundas, Ontario. After high school, she moved to Nashville, Tennessee to pursue her career. After releasing her album, Maggie's music videos started garnering attention with her original songs attracting millions of views on YouTube. In November 2012, she released her debut album "Now Hear Me Out". All original songs on her album were co-written by Maggie by Justin Gray, Gavin Bradley and Tanya Leah. Contest winner beating out thousands of competitor singers. After achieving success with her first album, Maggie moved to Los Angeles to pursue her career. Maggie's music was premiered by Yahoo!, shared by Jay Z's platform Tidal. Maggie has received notable recognition after winning the International Songwriting Competition in the pop division for her song ` Tidal Waves and Hurricanes'. In 2014, Maggie was nominated "Best Pop" for the Toronto Independent Music Awards.Maggie Szabo – Maggie Szabo performing in 2014
10. VanossGaming – Evan Fong, better known by his online alias VanossGaming or simply Vanoss, is a Canadian video game commentator. He produces content on YouTube centered on playing popular video games with other YouTube collaborators. As of November 2016, Fong has billion video views on YouTube, giving him the 12th most subscribed channel on YouTube. Fong created the VanossGaming channel on September 2011. Fong has been known to do work with popular YouTubers such as H2O Delirious, Tom "Syndicate" Cassell. Fong first appeared in a video celebrating one million subscribers. On April 2015, Fong announced on Twitter that he had signed with a multi-channel network founded by Adam "SeaNanners" Montoya and Tom "Syndicate" Cassell. On November 26, 2015, Fong announced that he will be releasing a new logo for the VanossGaming brand. He released later that day with limited edition merchandise released the day after. The current logo is a white minimalistic design of an owl on a black background. There is also a diagonal cut through the design, creating a black letter V. The owl represents the mask on Fong's current character model in Grand Theft Auto Online and Garry's Mod. It was released as an early release on July 2015. Father Chinese. Outside of his YouTube career, Fong continues to play ice hockey recreationally, also plays the guitar as another hobby.VanossGaming – The VanossGaming logo.