|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kim Kardashian.|
Pages in category "Kim Kardashian"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kim Kardashian.|
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Kim Kardashian – Kimberly Kim Kardashian West is an American reality television personality, socialite, actress, businesswoman and model. Kardashian first gained attention as a friend and stylist of Paris Hilton. Later that year, she and her family began to appear in the E. s reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Its success soon led to the creation of spin-offs including Kourtney and Kim Take New York and Kourtney, Kardashians personal life soon became subject to widespread media attention. In recent years, Kardashian has grown an influential online and social presence, including tens of millions of followers on Twitter. She has released a variety of products tied to her name, including the successful 2014 mobile game Kim Kardashian, Hollywood, a variety of clothing and products, and the 2015 photo book Selfish. Her relationship with rapper Kanye West has also received significant media coverage, Time magazine included Kardashian on their list of 2015s 100 most influential people, while Vogue described her in 2016 as a pop culture phenomenon. Critics and admirers have described her as exemplifying the notion of being famous for being famous and she was reported to be the highest-paid reality television personality of 2015, with her total earnings exceeding US$53 million. Kardashian was born on October 21,1980 in Los Angeles, California, to parents Robert and she has an older sister Kourtney, a younger sister Khloé, and a younger brother Rob. Their mother is of Dutch, English, Irish and Scottish ancestry, after their parents divorced in 1991, her mother married again that year, to Caitlyn Jenner, the 1976 Summer Olympics decathlon winner. Through their marriage, Kardashian gained step-brothers Burton Burt, Brandon, and Brody, step-sister Casey, as a teenager, she attended Marymount High School, a Roman Catholic all-girls school in Los Angeles. In 1994, her father represented football player O. J. Simpson during his murder trial, Kims father died in 2003 of cancer. In her 20s, Kardashian was the friend and stylist of socialite Paris Hilton. In February 2007, a sex tape made by Kardashian and Ray J in 2003 was leaked, Kardashian filed a lawsuit against Vivid Entertainment, who distributed the film as Kim K Superstar. She later dropped the suit and settled for a reported US$5 million, the series proved successful for E. and has led to the creations of spin-offs including Kourtney and Kim Take New York and Kourtney and Kim Take Miami. In one of the episode, Kim discussed an offer from Playboy to appear nude in the magazine and that December, Kardashian posed for a nude pictorial for Playboy. In 2008, she made her film debut in the disaster film spoof Disaster Movie. That same year, she was a participant on season seven of Dancing with the Stars, Kardashian was the third contestant to be eliminatedKim Kardashian – Kardashian at Westfield Parramatta in Sydney, Australia, September 2014
2. Dash (boutique) – Dash is a boutique clothing and accessory chain founded in 2006 by the Kardashian sisters. As of 2017, the chain has two locations in the United States, the first Dash boutique was opened in Calabasas, California in 2006. The original store was relocated to West Hollywood in 2012. The retail stores have appeared on reality series about the Kardashian family, Keeping Up with the Kardashians. The second store was opened in Miami Beach, Florida on May 20,2009, the third store was opened on November 3,2010, in the SoHo district of Manhattan, New York City. The store closed in December 2016, in the summer of 2014, the sisters opened a pop-up retail store in Southampton, New York, which was featured in Kourtney and Khloé Take The Hamptons, another spin-off series. The television series entitled Dash Dolls premiered on the E. cable network, on September 20,2015Dash (boutique) – Dash boutique in Miami
3. Jam (Turn It Up) – Jam is a song by American television personality Kim Kardashian. The song features vocals by singer-songwriter and record producer The-Dream. The song was released to iTunes on March 2,2011, shortly after the songs release, Kardashian confirmed that she had no plans to put out a full-length album any time soon. Years later, she admitted that she regretted recording the song. In early 2010, Kardashian was introduced to hitmaker The-Dream by singer Ciara and they asked me what I do for fun, and I said, I go shopping, I hang out with friends. And was told, We go to the studio for fun, dont think too much about it. So after a lot of thinking she accepted the challenge, a month later, rumors surfaced the internet that Kardashian had been hitting the studio with The-Dream. A source told People magazine that theyre working on some fun music, im the one that actually called her to do it, The-Dream revealed during an interview with Sway Calloway. This was very, very -- believe it or not -- a very fun moment for me and its one of my lightest musical moments. It wasnt about kicking off a career, it was us really having the power of TV. Kim alluded to her side project on Twitter over the holidays, writing,2011 is all about trying new things. Im starting mine something fun and crazy and she first premiered the song in December 31,2010, at a New Years Eve party at TAO nightclub in Las Vegas. Reportedly titled Turn It Up and written by The-Dream and Tricky Stewart, The-Dream, which he can be heard backing up Kardashians airy vocals on the chorus of the track. Kardashian also revealed that a portion of the proceeds from the sales of the song will be donated to St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital and its just all having fun – with a good cause. And if thats part of her dream, then go for it, I wouldnt resent anybody for trying something new and you never know what could happen. Could discover that she has a new passion, in an August 2014 appearance on Bravos Watch What Happens, Live, Kardashian stated that the biggest regret in her life was recording the song, It’s definitely a memory and it was a fun experience. We gave the proceeds to an organization, But if there’s one thing in life that I wish I didn’t do. I don’t like it when people kind of dabble into things they shouldn’t be, and that I don’t think I should haveJam (Turn It Up) – "Jam (Turn It Up)"
4. Keeping Up with the Kardashians – Keeping Up with the Kardashians is an American reality television series that airs on the E. cable network. The show focuses on the personal and professional lives of the Kardashian–Jenner blended family and its premise originated with Ryan Seacrest, who also serves as an executive producer. The series debuted on October 14,2007 and has become one of the longest-running reality television series in the country. The series focuses mainly on sisters Kim, Kourtney, Khloé Kardashian and it also features their parents Kris and Caitlyn Jenner, and brother Rob Kardashian. The significant others of the Kardashian sisters have appeared on the show, including Kourtneys boyfriend Scott Disick. Caitlyns son Brody made cameo appearances in the seasons before joining the show to appear regularly, along with his brother Brandon. Kims friend Jonathan Cheban and Khloés friend Malika Haqq have also been part of the show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians has received very poor critical reviews since its premiere. It is often criticized for the degree of emphasis on the famous for being famous concept. Several critics also noted the lack of intelligence, and described the family as self-absorbed. However, some recognized the reality series as a guilty pleasure. Despite the negative reviews, Keeping Up with the Kardashians has attracted high ratings, becoming one of the networks most successful shows. The network has also broadcast several television specials featuring special events involving members of the family, Robert Kardashian and Kristen Mary Kris Houghton married in 1978, and had four children together, daughters Kourtney, Kim, and Khloé, and son Rob. In 1994, Robert rose to prominence when he defended O. J. Simpson for the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson, in 1991, Kris married retired Olympic decathlon champion Bruce Jenner. Bruce and Kris had two daughters together, Kendall and Kylie, Robert died in 2003, eight weeks after being diagnosed with esophageal cancer. The Kardashian sisters began appearing in the spotlight more often. In 2004, Kim became a personal stylist for recording artist Brandy Norwood and she eventually developed into a full-time stylist, and was a personal shopper and stylist for actress Lindsay Lohan. Khloé, Kim and Kourtney ventured further into fashion, opening a fashion boutique Dash in Calabasas. Throughout Kims early career, she was involved in some high-profile relationships including Brandy Norwoods brother, singer Ray J, in 2006, Kourtney starred in her first reality television series, Filthy Rich, Cattle DriveKeeping Up with the Kardashians – Ryan Seacrest, an executive producer
5. Kim Kardashian: Hollywood – Kim Kardashian, Hollywood is a casual free-to-play role-playing game that was released on iOS and Android in June 2014. In the game, the goal is to increase their fame and reputation, starting on the E-list. In Kim Kardashian, Hollywood, players aim to increase their reputation by gaining fans in order to become A-List celebrities, players can gain more fans by booking modeling jobs, acting jobs, and club appearances, and going on dates. Actions taken during jobs and dates cost energy, which refills over time, high ratings on jobs and dates earn you more fans and increase your celebrity ranking. The CEO of Glu Mobile, Niccolo De Masi, first approached Kim Kardashian about creating a game in early 2013 while he was in Hollywood to negotiate multiple unrelated deals. The company wanted to make a casual roleplaying game that would reuse engines but could add popular appeal, the game took about 18 months to develop. Kardashian was involved in the development of the game, and kept in regular contact with De Masi. According to De Masi, approved every item of clothing, we discuss features, we discuss events, updates, she’s reviewed all the milestones, from alpha to beta, final gold master. ”Kim Kardashian, Hollywood was released on iOS and Android on June 27,2014. In the first five days after its release, the game made $1.6 million, by mid-July, it was one of the top five games in the iOS App Store, and was the only game in the top ten to have a five star rating. By the end of its first quarter, it had 22.8 million players, had made $43.4 million, Kim Kardashian, Hollywood received mixed reviews from critics. It holds a rating of 57 on Metacritic, based on 6 reviews, and 56. 25% on GameRankings, based on 4 reviewsKim Kardashian: Hollywood – Kim Kardashian: Hollywood
6. Kourtney and Kim Take Miami – Kourtney and Kim Take Miami is an American reality television series. It premiered on E. on August 16,2009, as the first of four Keeping Up with the Kardashians spin-offs, the series originally followed sisters Kourtney and Khloé Kardashian as they opened a second D-A-S-H location in Miami, Florida. From the third season onward, sister Kim Kardashian replaced Khloé, the third season began filming in October 2012, and premiered on January 20,2013. A web series spin-off was created during Season 3, titled Lord Disick, Lifestyles of a Lord and it also featured Khloés radio show at Y100, Khloé After Dark, co-hosted by Terrence J, and the day-to-day lives of the duo. The third season sees Kim joining Kourtney as they find a new location for D-A-S-H Miami and this is the first Kardashian-related series to air after the birth of Kourtney and boyfriend Scott Disicks son Mason. Kourtney Kardashian Kim Kardashian Khloe Kardashian Scott Disick The first season premiere was viewed by 2.8 million viewers —, however, ratings recovered as the season finale was viewed by 2.6 million viewers. The season averaged 1.89 million viewers, the season finale reached an all-time high with 3.656 million viewers. The season averaged 2.717 million viewers, official website Kourtney and Kim Take Miami at the Internet Movie Database Kourtney and Kim Take Miami at TV GuideKourtney and Kim Take Miami – Kourtney and Kim Take Miami
7. Kourtney and Kim Take New York – Kourtney and Kim Take New York is an American reality television series that premiered January 23,2011, on E. and ran for two seasons. It follows sisters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian as they open a D-A-S-H store in New York City, Kourtney and Kim Take New York is the second spin-off of Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Kourtney and Kim Take New York follows Kourtney Kardashian as she leaves Los Angeles once more, Kim and Kourtney started shooting a second season in August 2011. On October 26,2011, E. announced that the series had been renewed for a second season, the second season was filmed following Kims marriage to basketball player Kris Humphries that month. However, the season was reworked to focus more on the troubles after Kardashian filed for divorce in October 2011. The second season premiered on November 27,2011, and the episode acquired 3.1 million viewers. Kourtney Kardashian Kim Kardashian Scott Disick Khloé Kardashian Kris Jenner Mason Disick, Kourtney, jonathan Cheban, Kims best friend Kourtney and Kim Take New York at the Internet Movie Database Kourtney and Kim Take New York at TV GuideKourtney and Kim Take New York – Kourtney and Kim Take New York
8. ShoeDazzle – ShoeDazzle is an American online fashion subscription service based in El Segundo, California. Each month the company debuts a selection of shoes, handbags, jewelry, the company was founded by Kim Kardashian, Brian Lee, Robert Shapiro and MJ Eng in 2009. In 2013, fashion expert Rachel Zoe joined ShoeDazzle as Chief Stylist, ShoeDazzle merged with JustFab Inc. in 2013. The ShoeDazzle concept came from an exchange between co-founder Lee and his wife, Lee had asked his wife why she bought shoes from expensive Beverly Hills showrooms. She replied, “When women shop, they want to feel beautiful, ShoeDazzle offers VIP Elite Membership which features members-only pricing for $39.95 per month. Membership fees convert into VIP credits in which members can spend or save for use towards purchases at a later date, members also have the option to skip a month without charge. In November 2009, ShoeDazzle secured its first round of $7 million funding from Polaris Ventures, in April 2010, Lightspeed Venture Partners led a $13 million round of financing. In May 2011, ShoeDazzle secured $40 million in funding led by Silicon Valley venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, in September 2011, Bill Strauss, the former CEO of Provide Commerce, became ShoeDazzle’s CEO. In March 2012, ShoeDazzle dropped its $39.95 monthly subscription model and expanded into apparel, handbags, weddings, in July 2012, ShoeDazzle signed up a record one million new members. From 2011-2012, ShoeDazzle grew from 3 million to 10 million members, in August 2013, ShoeDazzle was acquired by rival online fashion subscription service JustFab. The two companies continue to run independently as separate brands. ShoeDazzle frequently teams with such as Vanessa Lachey to create limited-edition shoesShoeDazzle – Monroe shoe, created by Vanessa Lachey for Operation Shower charity
9. Kanye West – Kanye Omari West is an American rapper, songwriter, record producer, fashion designer, and entrepreneur. Intent on pursuing a career as a rapper, West released his debut album The College Dropout in 2004 to widespread critical and commercial success. He went on to pursue a variety of different styles on subsequent albums Late Registration, Graduation, and 808s & Heartbreak. In 2010, he released his fifth album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy to rave reviews from critics, West released his abrasive sixth album, Yeezus, to further critical praise in 2013. His seventh album, The Life of Pablo, was released in 2016, Wests outspoken views and life outside of music have received significant mainstream attention. He has been a frequent source of controversy for his conduct at award shows, on social media and he is the founder and head of the creative content company DONDA. His 2014 marriage to television personality Kim Kardashian has also been subject to media coverage. He has won a total of 21 Grammy Awards, making him one of the most awarded artists of all time, three of his albums have been included and ranked on Rolling Stones 2012 update of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list. He has also included in a number of Forbes annual lists. Time named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2005 and 2015, West was born on June 8,1977 in Atlanta, Georgia. His parents divorced when he was three years old, after the divorce, he and his mother moved to Chicago, Illinois. His father, Ray West, is a former Black Panther and was one of the first black photojournalists at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Ray West was later a Christian counselor, and in 2006, opened the Good Water Store and Café in Lexington Park, Maryland with startup capital from his son. West, was a professor of English at Clark Atlanta University, West was raised in a middle-class background, attending Polaris High School in suburban Oak Lawn, Illinois after living in Chicago. At the age of 10, West moved with his mother to Nanjing, China, according to his mother, West was the only foreigner in his class, but settled in well and quickly picked up the language, although he has since forgotten most of it. When asked about his grades in school, West replied, I got As. West demonstrated an affinity for the arts at an early age and his mother recalled that she first took notice of Wests passion for drawing and music when he was in the third grade. Growing up in Chicago, West became deeply involved in its hip hop scene and he started rapping in the third grade and began making musical compositions in the seventh grade, eventually selling them to other artistsKanye West – West performing at Lollapalooza in 2011