Category:School Boy Records artists
Pages in category "School Boy Records artists"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Madison Beer – Madison Elle Beer is an American singer and actress. She gained media attention after pop star Justin Bieber tweeted a link to a video of her singing. Beer was born on March 5,1999, in Jericho, Long Island, New York, to Robert Beer, a home builder, and Tracie Beer. She has a brother named Ryder. Her parents are divorced, and her father has remarried and she went to Jericho Middle School before being homeschooled in 2012. Beer is Jewish and of Ashkenazi descent, Beer began posting videos on YouTube of her singing covers of popular songs in early 2012. They gained the attention of pop star Justin Bieber, who tweeted a link to her cover of Etta James At Last to his over 25 million followers and this caused Beer to trend worldwide on Twitter and gain substantial media coverage. Bieber signed Beer personally to the label to which he is signed. Beer is managed by Biebers manager Scooter Braun, Beer partnered with Monster High, and recorded a theme song for the franchise titled We Are Monster High. In February 2013, Cody Simpson re-released his song Valentine with Beer which was played on Radio Disney, on September 12,2013, Beer released her debut single and music video called Melodies which was written by Peter Kelleher, Ben Kohn, Thomas Barnes and Ina Wroldsen. The video featured a guest appearance by Bieber, Beer is working on her debut album which she said has an R&B pop vibe, stating will be slow songs, sad songs, happy songs, songs about boys, and songs about being who you are. Im making sure Im happy with all of the songs, because if I am not happy with them, I cant expect anyone else to be, unbreakable is the second single from Beers upcoming debut studio album. The song was released on June 17,2014 and was written by Jessica Ashley, Evan Bogart, Heather Jeanette Miley, Matt Schwartz, Emanuel Kiriakou, on December 6,2014 Beer reached one million followers on Twitter. On February 16,2015 it was announced that Beer was set to be a featured artist in a new single by DJs Mako titled I Wont Let You Walk Away, the song was released for digital download on February 24,2015 along with a music video. The song reached No.43 on the Hot Dance/Electronic Songs, No.33 on the Dance/Electronic Digital Songs, official website Elle Beer Madison at the Internet Movie DatabaseMadison Beer – Beer in September 2014
2. Justin Bieber – Justin Drew Bieber is a Canadian singer and songwriter. After a talent manager discovered him through his YouTube videos covering songs in 2008 and signed to RBMG, Bieber released his debut EP, My World and it was certified Platinum in the U. S. He became the first artist to have seven songs from a record chart on the Billboard Hot 100. Bieber released his first full-length studio album, My World 2.0 and it debuted at or near number one in several countries, was certified triple Platinum in the U. S. and contained his single Baby. He released his studio album, Under the Mistletoe, in November 2011. Bieber released his studio album, Believe, in 2012. His fourth studio album Purpose was released in November 2015, spawning three number one singles, What Do You Mean and his U. S. album and singles sales total 44.7 million. He has sold an estimated 100 million records, making him one of the world’s best-selling music artists, Bieber has won numerous awards, including the American Music Award for Artist of the Year in 2010 and 2012. In his career, he has won one Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording for the song Where Are Ü Now at the 2016 ceremony. He has been listed four times by Forbes magazine among the top ten most powerful celebrities in the world in 2011,2012, Bieber also became the first artist to surpass 10 billion total video views on Vevo. Bieber was born on March 1,1994, in London, Ontario, at St Josephs Hospital and he is the only child of Jeremy Jack Bieber and Patricia Pattie Mallette. Pattie raised her son with the help of her mother, Diane and his mother is of French-Canadian descent, his paternal great-grandfather was of German ancestry, and his other roots are English, Scottish and Irish. He has also claimed that he has some undetermined Aboriginal Canadian ancestry, through Jeremy, Bieber has two younger half-siblings, Jazmyn and Jaxon. Pattie worked a series of low-paying office jobs, raising Bieber as a mother in low-income housing. Bieber has maintained contact with his father, Bieber attended a French-language immersion elementary school in Stratford, the Jeanne Sauvé Catholic School. Growing up, he learned to play the piano, drums, guitar and he graduated from high school in Stratford, Ontario, the St. Michael Catholic Secondary School in 2012 with a 4.0 GPA. In early 2007, aged 12, Bieber sang Ne-Yos So Sick for a singing competition in Stratford and was placed second. Mallette posted a video of the performance on YouTube for their family and she continued to upload videos of Bieber singing covers of various R&B songs, and Biebers popularity on the site grewJustin Bieber – Bieber at the 2012 NRJ Music Awards
3. CL (singer) – Lee Chae-rin, better known by her stage name CL, is a South Korean singer-songwriter and rapper. Born in Seoul, South Korea, she spent much of her life in Japan. She was trained in JYP Entertainment before joining YG Entertainment, and she is currently working on an English-language album. Lee Chae-rin was born in Seoul, South Korea, but spent most of her living in Paris, Tsukuba Science City. When she was 13, she moved to Paris alone where she studied for two years and she got an audition with YG Entertainment when she was 15. Lees first feature on a recording was Big Bangs Intro in 2007. Later that year, she performed for the first time on stage at Seoul Broadcasting Systems Gayo Daejeon alongside her label mates and her first credited appearance in a song was in 2008, with Uhm Jung-hwas DJ, in which she rapped. Lee Chaerin took on the stage name CL and was placed as the leader and lead rapper of 2NE1, alongside Bom, Sandara Park and Minzy. The group then collaborated with label-mates Big Bang for the song Lollipop before officially debuting on SBSs The Music Trend on May 17,2009 where they performed Fire. In August 2009, CL collaborated with label-mates G-Dragon and Teddy Park of 1TYM for the single The Leaders, featured on G-Dragons first solo album, Heartbreaker. The same month, after 2NE1 finished with I Dont Care promotions, CL collaborated with fellow member Minzy for Please Dont Go, cLs first solo single, The Baddest Female, was released on 28 May 2013. For 2NE1s second album Crush, CL wrote the lyrics and co-composed the music for the tracks Crush, If I Were You and she also did the lyrics for her solo track MTBD, as well as the track Scream. In October 2014, it was announced that CL was planning to debut as a solo artist the following year in the United States, in May 2015, CL featured in Diplos single Doctor Pepper, alongside Riff Raff and OG Maco. In November 2015, CL released her first single Hello Bitches, the lead single, Lifted was released on August 19,2016. The song appeared in the Top 30 of iTunes’ Hip-Hop/Rap chart within three hours of being released, peaking at 21, time noted CL as the future of Kpop in America. On October 29,2016, she kicked off her first North American tour, the Hello Bi+ches Tour 2016, in New York Citys Hammerstein Ballroom, CL was the leader, rapper, and vocalist of the group 2NE1. She cites 1TYM leader Teddy Park, who produces much of 2NE1s music, as an influence and inspiration, as well as Madonna, Queen, the song was recorded in Korean. The song was recorded in English, Hello Bitches Tour 2016 CL on YG FamilyCL (singer) – CL in 2013
4. Martin Garrix – Martijn Gerard Garritsen, known professionally Martin Garrix, is a Dutch DJ, record producer and musician. He is ranked number 1 on DJ Mags Top 100 DJs list for 2016, in 2016, he founded the label STMPD RCRDS months after leaving Spinnin Records, before signing with Sony Music. In 2017, he was announced as a resident DJ at Hï Ibiza, Garrix learned to play guitar at age 8. In 2004, he expressed interest in becoming a DJ after seeing Tiësto perform at the Olympic games in Athens and he took particular inspiration from the track Traffic, prompting him to download specialist software, FL Studio, and enabling him to start composing. In 2013, he graduated from the Herman Brood Academy, a school in Utrecht. Garrix ghost writes tracks for artists, and despite this. In an interview when asked about his social class, Garrix said middle-class and he also said his dream mentor was Calvin Harris. Garrix was discovered by Tiësto, whom he described as inspirational, humble and he had his beginnings with the songs BFAM and Just Some Loops, a collaboration with TV Noise that appeared on the compilation album Loop Masters Essential, Volume 2. He signed to Spinnin Records in 2012, releasing Error 404 through the label, in 2013, Garrix co-released Torrent with Sidney Samson on Tiëstos Musical Freedom label. The track appears on Hardwells album Hardwell presents Revealed Volume 4, on 30 September 2013, Garrix released a remix of Project T by Sander Van Doorn and Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike which quickly hit No.1 on the Beatport charts. He appeared on DJ Magazines top 100 DJs list in 2013 as a new entry at number 40, in 2014, he appeared on DJ Magazines top 100 DJs list at number 4. In November 2013, Garrix signed a deal with Scooter Brauns Scooter Braun Projects, in December 2013, he released Wizard with Jay Hardway, the song has peaked to number 6 in Belgium and number 17 in the Netherlands. His collaboration with Firebeatz, Helicopter, placed No.1 on the Beatport Top 100 charts for 2 weeks and he performed at Ultra Music Festival 2014, where he debuted several new and unreleased tracks, including collaborations with Dillon Francis, Hardwell and Afrojack. In 2014, Garrix released Proxy as a free download, in 2015, Garrix experimented with progressive house and started producing progressive style apart from his signature big room sound. On 6 February 2015, he released the track Forbidden Voices as a gift for 10 million likes on his Facebook page, in February 2015, he released the single Dont Look Down featuring Usher. He also released two versions for it on Vevo, Towel Boy and Towel Girl. The track was written by Garrix, James JHart Abrahart and Busbee and it peaked at No.3 on the Billboard Dance Club Songs. In an interview with DigitalSpy in early 2015, Garrix noted that Usher is a humble artist and he also worked with multi-Grammy winner Ed Sheeran on a track called Rewind Repeat It which he played at Ultra Music Festival in Miami in March 2015Martin Garrix – Martin Garrix in 2013
5. Carly Rae Jepsen – Carly Rae Jepsen is a Canadian singer, songwriter, and actress. In 2007, she placed third in Canadian Idol season fives competition, Jepsen independently released her debut album, Tug of War, in 2008. In 2011, she released the single Call Me Maybe, which was followed in 2012 by her debut EP, Curiosity, Call Me Maybe reached number one in 18 countries during 2012 and was the years best-selling single worldwide. Jepsens third album, Emotion, was released in 2015, the album was heavily influenced by songs from the 1980s and received critical acclaim. Its lead single I Really Like You reached the top 5 in the United Kingdom, as of May 2015, Jepsen has sold over 20 million records worldwide. Jepsen was born in Mission, British Columbia, the daughter of Alexandra and Larry Jepsen and she attended Heritage Park Secondary School in Mission, where she pursued her early passion for musical theatre by appearing in student productions of Annie, Grease, and The Wiz. She studied musical theatre at the Canadian College of Performing Arts in Victoria, after graduating from school, Jepsen held several minimum wage jobs, and worked as a barista and a bartender. She placed third in the show and was part of the Canadian Idol Top 3 concert tour, after the conclusion of the tour, Jepsen returned to British Columbia to focus on writing, recording and completing her band. Her demo recording attracted the attention of music manager Jonathan Simkin, Jepsen struck an independent record deal with MapleMusic Recordings and distribution via Fontana North. In June 2008, Jepsen released her single and another single. Jepsens debut album, Tug of War, was released in September 2008 through MapleCore/Fontana North, the album was produced in its entirety by Ryan Stewart and includes the song Sweet Talker, which Jepsen previously performed at her first Canadian Idol audition. Tug of War was re-released via Jonathan Simkins label 604 Records, with distribution from Universal Music Group, and has since sold 10,000 copies in Canada according to Nielsen SoundScan. The title track Tug of War was released the month as the album and received radio airplay in Canada, followed by the singles Bucket and Sour Candy. The former two singles reached the top 40 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart, in early 2009, Jepsen toured western Canada with Marianas Trench and Shiloh. She then went on a tour with Marianas Trench, The New Cities. Jepsen began recording material for her album in 2011 with Josh Ramsay, Ryan Stewart. The release of Jepsens second album was postponed to allow Call Me Maybe to spread in popularity, although 604 Records issued a six-track EP, Curiosity, Call Me Maybe peaked at number one on the Canadian Hot 100, making Jepsen the fourth Canadian artist to top the chart. In the United States, the single spent nine weeks at one on the Billboard Hot 100Carly Rae Jepsen – Jepsen performing at the 2012 Burlington's Sound of Music Festival
6. Tori Kelly – Victoria Loren Tori Kelly is an American singer, songwriter, record producer and voice actress who slowly gained recognition after starting to post videos on YouTube at the age of 14. When she was 16, Kelly auditioned for the singing television series American Idol. After being eliminated from the show, Kelly began to work on her own music, in 2012, she independently released her first EP that she produced, wrote, and mixed herself, titled Handmade Songs By Tori Kelly. The following year, Scooter Braun became her manager after seeing her videos on YouTube and introduced her to Capitol Records, Kellys second EP Foreword came out in October 2013 as her first major label release. On June 23,2015, Kellys debut album, Unbreakable Smile, was released, the lead single, Nobody Love, was released in the spring and became her first US Billboard Hot 100 appearance. Kelly was nominated for Best New Artist at the 58th Grammy Awards and she voiced a shy teenage elephant named Meena in the 2016 animated film Sing. Kelly was born in Wildomar, California and her father is of Jamaican, Trinidadian and Puerto Rican ancestry, while her mother is of Irish and German descent. Growing up, she was exposed to a variety of music by her parents, I give them a lot of credit for just playing all different genres, and no genre was off limits, she said when asked about her upbringing. Kelly has appeared on the show Star Search, with vocalist Tiffany Evans winning the title of Junior Champion in the junior singer division, she did not win the contest. In 2004 she participated on Americas Most Talented Kids, singing Christina Aguileras Keep on Singin My Song and won and she made a second appearance on the show in the Tournament of Champions, but lost to Antonio Pontarelli, a rock musician. At the age of twelve, Kelly was offered a deal with Geffen Records, which she accepted. In 2007, Kelly began posting videos to YouTube, at the age of 14, the first video she uploaded was a cover of John Wesley Work, Jr. s Go Tell It On The Mountain, which she originally performed, back in December 2004. Kelly gained recognition for her cover, with a fellow YouTuber named Angie Girl. Despite her shortcomings when she auditioned for American Idol and failing to reach the top 24, Kelly learned how to play the guitar, composed original song pieces and had them recorded through her own personal computer. In given time, Kelly had gone viral in a matter of days, Tori Kelly began sharing her performances through YouTube, and due to her musical talents, her page reached 700,000 subscribers. In 2010, Kelly auditioned for Season 9 of American Idol in Denver, Colorado and made it through to Hollywood Week and she had claimed that she was devastated but she had given it her all. Afterwards, she was asked to part in a youth version of the 1985 charity song We Are the World titled We Are the World. Although former judge Simon Cowell appeared to find Kellys voice almost annoying, on May 1,2012, she released her first EP, titled Handmade Songs by Tori Kelly, which was released on her own label, Toraay RecordsTori Kelly – Kelly performing at Hotel Café in 2015
7. Psy – Park Jae-sang, known professionally as Psy, stylized PSY, is a South Korean singer, rapper, songwriter, and record producer. Psy is known domestically for his humorous videos and stage performances, the songs refrain Oppan Gangnam Style was entered into The Yale Book of Quotations as one of the most famous quotations of 2012. On October 23,2012, Psy met United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon at the UN Headquarters where Ban expressed his desire to work with the singer because of his unlimited global reach. On December 21,2012, his video for Gangnam Style exceeded one billion views on YouTube. Psy was subsequently recognized by the media as the King of YouTube, on May 31,2014, the video for Psys Gangnam Style hit two billion views. As of April 2017, it is still the most viewed video on YouTube, Park Jae-sang was born on December 31,1977, to an affluent family in the Gangnam District of Seoul, South Korea. His father, Park Won-Ho, is the chairman of DI Corporation. His mother, Kim Young-hee, owns several restaurants in Gangnam, Park attended Banpo Elementary and Middle Schools and Sehwa High School. He disliked school and bothered some of his classmates, although he sometimes made them laugh. In an interview on South Koreas Seoul Broadcasting System, a teacher of Park said. He had such a big influence that he would drive the entire class to his jokes, I disliked him at the time, but looking back, I see that he added a great energy to the class. Park told CNNs Alina Cho that when he was 15 years old, one particular episode showed a concert at Wembley Stadium held by the British rock band Queen where they performed their 1975 hit single Bohemian Rhapsody. Park said it was this footage that sparked his love for music. As part of preparations to take over DI Corporation from his father, after attending an English-language summer course and studying for one semester, Park dropped out of Boston University and applied to study at Berklee College of Music instead. In South Korea, Psy made his first appearance on Korean national television in 2000 after his dancing caught the eye of a TV producer, in January 2001, Psy debuted his full-length album Psy from the Psycho World. For which he was fined by South Korean government authorities due to his albums inappropriate content and his second album Sa 2 also created controversy upon its release in 2002, earning complaints from civil groups due to the potentially negative influence his album would have on children and teenagers. Since then, Psy has been thought of as a controversial artist, in September of the same year, Psy released his third album 3 Psy. The albums title song, Champion, saw great success due to the hype from the World Cup games held in SeoulPsy – PSY at the 2012 EMTV Awards in Frankfurt, Germany, December 2012
8. Amber Riley – Amber Patrice Riley is an American actress, singer and author. She is best known for her portrayal of Mercedes Jones on the Fox comedy-drama series Glee, for her performance on the series, she won a Screen Actors Guild Award, and has been nominated for three Teen Choice Awards, three NAACP Image Awards, and three Grammy Awards. In November 2016, Riley began portraying Effie White in the West End debut production of Dreamgirls, in December 2016, Riley performed a song from Dreamgirls at the Royal Variety Performance in London. A performance that was in the presence of Their Royal Highnesses the Prince of Wales, Riley won season 17 of Dancing with the Stars in 2013 and appeared as a judge on BBC One musical theatre talent show Let It Shine in 2017. Riley was born in Los Angeles, California, the daughter of Tiny and she has two older sisters, Toyia and Ashley. Riley auditioned for American Idol when she was 17 years old, during the second season. She graduated from La Mirada High School in La Mirada, California in 2004, in 2008, Riley was cast in the role of Mercedes Jones on the comedy-drama television series Glee, and appeared as a main cast member for all six seasons. She also played Dr. Frank-N-Furter in the episode The Rocky Horror Glee Show, for her role as Mercedes Jones, Riley won a Screen Actors Guild Award and received nominations for three NAACP Image Awards and three Teen Choice Awards. Riley appeared at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards, sang the anthem at the 2012 Democratic National Convention. She also co-wrote a track titled Leave a Light On for British group The Saturdays, rileys debut single, Colorblind, premiered live on April 3,2014, on The Queen Latifah Show. The song was written by Emeli Sandé, Claude Kelly and Steve Mac, the song was also performed by Riley on Glee. In 2015, it was reported that Riley would star in a Christmas television film, her first movie role, in December 2015, she portrayed Addaperle, the Good Witch of the North, in NBCs live performance of The Wiz. In February 2016, it was announced that Riley would portray the role of Effie White in Dreamgirls, at the Savoy Theatre in Londons West End. Riley recorded a number of tracks for Todrick Halls visual album Straight Outta Oz, in 2013, Riley won the seventeenth season of ABCs dancing competition Dancing with the Stars. She was partnered with the one and only six-time champion. Riley and Hough tied the record for highest first-week score of 27, received 5 perfect scores of 30, Riley is the first African-American woman to win Dancing With the Stars. Performances In January 2014, Riley and her sister Ashley launched an online clothing boutique. In 2011, Riley acted as a spokesperson for Do SomethingAmber Riley – Riley at the 2010 Comic Con in San Diego
9. Rixton (band) – Rixton are a British pop rock band that formed in Manchester, England in 2012. They are signed by Scooter Brauns SB Projects, the band was established in 2012 as Relics before changing their name to Rixton. Their debut single Me and My Broken Heart charted internationally, the band consists of Jake Roche, Danny Wilkin, Charley Bagnall and Lewi Morgan. Jake Roche and Danny Wilkin started writing together after they left school and they were later joined by Charley Bagnall through mutual friends and finally Lewi Morgan was the last addition to the band after meeting Jake through a girl he was seeing at the time. Roche had heard The Nolans – of which his mother was a member – performing Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas when he was four, for this performance, Rixton wore elf ears and created what Roche called more of a comedy sketch. Scooter Braun saw this and offered to sign Rixton, the video was released on 22 October 2013 but it was never released as an official single. The bands debut single, Me and My Broken Heart, was released on 11 March 2014, Me and My Broken Heart was released to radio on 11 March 2014 and made its premiere on KIIS FM in Los Angeles during one of JoJo Wrights shows. It has charted in Australia, Sweden, the United States, Me and My Broken Heart went gold 27 May 2014 and Rixton was awarded their first gold plaque on 29 May 2014 in New York City. Their first extended play, also titled Me and My Broken Heart followed on 18 March 2014, an album is underway for release through School Boy, Giant Little Man, Mad Love and Interscope Records later in 2014. Justin Bieber joined the group on stage at the SXSW Festival on 10 March 2014 and this was followed shortly after by a UK tour in November 2014. In addition, they played a pop up gig in New York which required police attendance to control the crowds and they will open up for Ariana Grande on The Honeymoon Tour during the North American dates. The debut album Let the Road was released on 8 March 2015 and it only peaked at number 19 on the UK Albums Chart. Official website Rixton on Facebook Rixton on Twitter Rixton on InstagramRixton (band) – Rixton after performing at the Click 98.9 New Artist Showcase in August 2014
10. Asher Roth – Asher Paul Roth is an American rapper. He is perhaps best known for his debut single I Love College, Roth later left Schoolboy Records in late 2012, due to creative differences with Braun. In 2013, Roth signed with record label Federal Prism, under which he released his second studio album. Roth was born and raised in Morrisville, Pennsylvania and he is of Jewish and Scottish ancestry. His mother, Elizabeth, is an instructor, and his father. After graduating from school, he entered West Chester University and became an Elementary Education major. One week after speaking to Braun, Roth flew down to Atlanta and was signed by Braun. After linking up with Braun, Roth moved to Atlanta to pursue a hip-hop career full-time, as industry buzz grew, Roth was courted by a number of labels, including SRC, Def Jam, Warner Bros. Records and Atlantic Records. Roth would eventually sign a joint venture between Brauns Schoolboy and Steve Rifkind, chairman of SRC/Universal Records, on June 13,2008, via the internet, Roth released his first professional release, the Don Cannon and DJ Drama-helmed mixtape, The Greenhouse Effect Vol.1. This resulted in Roth being the second rapper to be featured on Drama. Roth subsequently began recording his debut album. Roths debut single I Love College, was released in January 2009, the song also served as his debut album lead single. His second single Lark on my Go-Kart, was released March 24,2009, after the two singles were released, Roths debut studio album Asleep in the Bread Aisle was released on April 20,2009, in honor of cannabis subcultures 420 holiday. During the summer of 2009, Roth joined fellow XXL freshmen alumni Kid Cudi and B. o. B, Roth also joined Blink-182 in the second half of their reunion tour in the fall of 2009. After touring in 2009 and releasing a mixtape titled Seared Foie Gras with Quince and Cranberry in March 2010, Roth began working on his second studio album. From his friend Boyders YouTube page, he was working with high-profile record producers Pharrell Williams. While working with Nottz, the two of them decided to collaborate on a project together, due to having a number of records rejected by the due to sampling. The end result was an eight track extended play, solely produced by Nottz, the EP, which features appearances from Colin Munroe, D. A. Rhymefest and Kardinal Offishall, was released December 27,2010Asher Roth – Asher Roth
11. Cody Simpson – Cody Robert Simpson is an Australian singer, songwriter, musician, dancer and actor from Gold Coast, Queensland, who was previously signed to US record label Atlantic Records. He owns a record label called Coast House Records, Simpson was born on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, to Brad and Angie Simpson. He has two siblings, Tom and Alli. Simpson has won two medals at the Queensland Swimming Championships. Simpson trained at the Miami Swimming Club under coach Ken Nixon, Simpsons mother Angie worked as a volunteer at the club. He was subsequently discovered on YouTube by Shawn Campbell, Simpsons rise to recognition was featured on The 7.30 Report in December 2009. He released his single, iYiYi, on 15 May 2010. The music video for Simpsons second single, Summertime, was released on 20 September 2010, Simpson relocated to Los Angeles in June 2010 with his family to record his songs with Atlantic Records Shawn Campbell. That same month, Simpson appeared on Sunrise, on 22 June 2010, it was announced that Simpson would participate in the Camplified 2010 Tour, along with other artists, touring across the United States. The tour began on 5 July 2010 and ended on 14 August 2010, other tours that year included a middle school tour that took place from October–November 2010 and covered 9 U. S states. An EP,4 U was released on 21 December 2010, the EP included five tracks in total, four of them being previously unreleased. Simpson recorded a remake of the song I Want Candy by The Strangeloves as the theme song for the Easter-themed live-action/CGI-animated film Hop. In May 2011, Simpson was egged during a performance at Westfield Miranda in Sydney. He then started the Waiting 4U tour with American singer Greyson Chance on April 9 in Ivins, the tour ended on May 18,2011, in Portland, Oregon. Coast to Coast was released on 20 September 2011 by Alantic Records and it reached number 12 on Billboard 200 selling 24,000 copies. On 23 April 2011, Simpson released the single On My Mind on 23 May 2011, on 5 August 2011, he performed on The Today Show. On 6 August 2011 Simpson started his Coast to Coast Mall Tour in Lake Grove and he played nine dates around the United States and finished it in Orange, California on 18 September 2011. On 22 September, it was announced that Cody Simpson hired Justin Biebers manager, Scooter Braun as his manager, in December 2011, The Wish Factory released a Cody Simpson doll in two formatsCody Simpson – Simpson at the ARIA Music Awards of 2013
12. The Wanted – The Wanted are a British-Irish boy band consisting of members Max George, Siva Kaneswaran, Jay McGuiness, Tom Parker and Nathan Sykes. They formed in 2009 and were signed worldwide to Universal Music subsidiaries Island Records and Mercury Records, the bands debut album, The Wanted, was released on 25 October 2010 and peaked at number four on the UK Albums Chart. The album spawned three UK top 20 singles, their debut single All Time Low, which debuted at one, Heart Vacancy. Follow-up album Battleground was released on 4 November 2011 and hit five in the UK. The lead single from the album, Gold Forever, was released in aid of Comic Relief and their second number-one hit, Glad You Came, topped the singles chart in the United Kingdom for two weeks, and in Ireland for five weeks. The third and fourth singles Lightning and Warzone hit number two and number 21, respectively, in the UK and their follow-up singles Chasing the Sun and I Found You reached the top spot on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs chart. In 2013, it was announced that the group would be starring in their own reality series on E. entitled The Wanted Life. The series would document the groups stay in Los Angeles while they recorded their third album and prepare for a world tour. The show promised an honest glimpse into the lives of the band members, the Wanted were formed in 2009 through mass auditions held by Jayne Collins, who also put together The Saturdays and Parade. The audition process, which saw more than 1,000 people attend, just George, Parker and Sykes were involved at the start, and Kaneswaran and McGuiness joined later through the process. The group revealed in their autobiography that after they were informed of the line-up, seven people were re-auditioned before they were signed to Maximum Artist Management. The group were credited with co-writing five of the thirteen tracks on the album, on 25 July 2010, they released their debut single, All Time Low. The song was co-written by Steve Mac, Wayne Hector and Ed Drewett and it hit number one in the UK and spent 17 weeks in the UK top 40. The second single Heart Vacancy, again written with Hector, was released on 17 October 2010 and it peaked at number two on the UK Singles Chart. The groups third single from the album was Lose My Mind which reached number 19 on the UK Singles Chart following a performance on The X Factor. The groups eponymous album was released on 25 October 2010 which peaked at number four in the UK and has since been certified Platinum in the UK. Between 28 March and 15 April 2010, the group embarked on the fifteen date Behind Bars theatre tour which saw them play in twelve UK cities and they were supported by Lawson, Twenty Twenty and Starboy Nathan. In January 2011, the group began to work on their studio albumThe Wanted – The Wanted at the Swedish program Sommarkrysset in Stockholm Gröna Lund