Category:School Boy Records artists
Pages in category "School Boy Records artists"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Madison Beer – Madison Elle Beer is an American singer and actress. She gained attention after pop star Justin Bieber tweeted a link to a video of her singing. She later signed to Island. Beer has been with vine star Jack Gilinsky since early 2015. Beer was born on March 5, 1999, in Jericho, Tracie Beer, an interior designer. She has a younger brother named Ryder. Her father has remarried. She went before being homeschooled in 2012. Beer is Jewish and of Ashkenazi descent. Beginning in early 2012, Beer posted videos on YouTube of her singing covers of popular songs. This caused Beer to gain substantial media coverage. Bieber signed Beer personally to Island Records. Beer is now managed by Bieber's manager Scooter Braun. Beer recorded a theme song for the franchise titled "We Are Monster High". In February 2013, Cody Simpson re-released his song "Valentine" with Beer, never officially released.Madison Beer – Beer in September 2014
2. Justin Bieber – Justin Drew Bieber is a Canadian singer and songwriter. It was certified platinum in the U.S. He became the first artist to have seven songs from a debut record chart on the Billboard Hot 100. Bieber released his first full-length studio album, My World 2.0, in 2010. It debuted at or near number one in several countries and was certified triple platinum in the U.S. It was preceded by his most successful single to date, "Baby". He released his second studio album, Under the Mistletoe, in November 2011, when it debuted at number one on the Billboard 200. Bieber released his third studio album, Believe, in 2012. His fourth studio album Purpose was released in November 2015. His U.S. album and singles sales total 44.7 million. He has sold an estimated 100 million records, making him one of the world’s best-selling music artists. He has won numerous fan-voted awards, including American Music Award for Artist of the Year in 2010 and 2012. In his career, he has received three Grammy nominations, winning one for Best Dance Recording for the song "Where Are Ü Now" at the 2016 ceremony. His fan base, dubbed "beliebers", largely consists of early to mid-adolescent girls. He has been listed four times by Forbes magazine among the top ten most powerful celebrities in the world in 2011, 2012, 2013.Justin Bieber – Bieber at the 2012 NRJ Music Awards
3. CL (singer) – Chaelin Lee, or Lee Chae-rin, better known by her stage name CL, is a South Korean singer, songwriter, rapper and model. Born in South Korea, she spent much of her early life in Japan and France. She trained before joining YG Entertainment, became a member of the girl group 2NE1. She is currently working on an American album. CL spent most of her childhood living in Paris, Tsukuba Science City and Tokyo. She attended international schools. When she was 13, she moved back to Paris alone where she studied for two years. She got an audition with YG Entertainment when she was 15. CL's first feature on a recording was Big Bang's "Intro" in 2007. She had her first stage debut at Seoul Broadcasting System's Music Awards alongside her label mates at YG Entertainment. Her credited appearance in a song was in 2008, with Uhm Jung-hwa's "DJ," in which she rapped. The group's name was initially announced as "21"; however, due to the discovery of a singer with the same name, the group was renamed "2NE1". Lee Chaerin took on the name'CL' and was placed as the lead rapper, alongside Bom, Sandara Park and Minzy. 2NE1 has since released two eponymous extended plays, Crush in addition to several non-album singles. The digital sales from the album made the best-selling girl-group when combined that year.CL (singer) – CL in 2013
4. Martin Garrix – Martijn Gerard Garritsen, better known by his stage name Martin Garrix, is a Dutch DJ, record producer and musician. He is ranked number 1 on DJ Mag's Top 100 list for 2016. In 2016, he founded the label STMPD RCRDS months after leaving Spinnin' Records. Garritsen learned to play guitar at age 8. In 2004, he expressed interest in becoming a DJ after seeing Tiësto perform at the Olympic games in Athens. He took particular inspiration from the track "Traffic", enabling him to start composing. In 2013, he graduated in Utrecht. Despite this, only one in fifty of his tracks have made it out to the public. In an interview when asked about his social class, Garritsen said middle-class. He also said his ` mentor' was Calvin Harris. Garritsen was discovered by Tiësto, whom he described as inspirational, legendary. He signed in 2012 releasing "Error 404" through the label. In 2013, Garritsen co-released "Torrent" with Sidney Samson on Tiësto's Musical label. The track appears on Hardwell's album Hardwell presents'Revealed Volume 4'. He appeared as a new entry at number 40.Martin Garrix – Martin Garrix in 2013
5. Carly Rae Jepsen – Carly Rae Jepsen is a Canadian singer, songwriter, actress. In 2007, she placed third in Canadian Idol season five's competition. Jepsen independently released her debut album, Tug of War, in 2008. In 2011, she released the single "Call Me Maybe", followed by her debut EP, her second album, Kiss. "Call Me Maybe" was the year's single worldwide. Emotion, was heavily influenced by songs from the 1980s. Its lead single "I Really Like You" reached the top 5 in the United Kingdom and top 15 in Jepsen's native Canada. As of May 2015, Jepsen has sold more over 20 million records worldwide. Jepsen was born in Mission, British Columbia, the daughter of Alexandra and Larry Jepsen; her stepfather is Ron Lanzarotta. She took barista, other minimum wage work after graduation. She was part of the Canadian Idol Top 3 tour. After the conclusion of the tour, Jepsen returned to British Columbia to focus on completing her band. Her recording attracted the attention of manager Jonathan Simkin, who signed Jepsen to a management deal. Jepsen struck an independent deal with distribution via Fontana North. In June 2008, Jepsen released her debut single and another single, a cover of John Denver's song "Sunshine on My Shoulders".Carly Rae Jepsen – Jepsen performing at the 2012 Burlington's Sound of Music Festival
6. Tori Kelly – When she was 16, she auditioned for the singing competition series American Idol. After being eliminated from the show, she began to work on her own music. In 2012, Kelly independently released her first EP that she produced, titled Handmade Songs By Tori Kelly. Scooter Braun became her manager after seeing her videos on YouTube and introduced her to Capitol Records, with whom she signed in September. Kelly's second EP Foreword came out as her first major label release. On June 2015, Kelly's debut album, Unbreakable Smile, was released. "Nobody Love", was released in the spring and became her first US Billboard Hot 100 appearance. She was nominated for Best New Artist at the 58th Grammy Awards. Kelly will star as a shy teenage elephant named Meena in the 2016 movie, Sing. She was born in Wildomar, California. Her father is of Puerto Rican ancestry, while her mother is of Irish and German descent. Up, Kelly was exposed to a variety of music by her parents. "no genre was off limits," Kelly said when asked about her upbringing. She has appeared on the show Star Search. With vocalist Tiffany Evans winning the title of Junior Champion in the junior division, Kelly did not win the contest.Tori Kelly – Kelly performing at Hotel Café in 2015
7. Psy – Park Jae-sang, known professionally as Psy, stylized PSY, is a South Korean singer, rapper, songwriter, record producer. Psy is known domestically for his humorous videos and stage performances, internationally for his hit single "Gangnam Style". The song's refrain "Oppan Gangnam Style" was entered as one of the most famous quotations of 2012. Psy was subsequently recognized by the media as the "King of YouTube". On May 2014, the video for Psy's Gangnam Style hit two billion views. As of December 2016, it is still the most viewed video with over 2.7 billion views. Park Jae-sang was born to an affluent family in the Gangnam District of Seoul, South Korea. Park Won-Ho, is the executive chairman of DI Corporation, a manufacturer of semiconductor manufacturing equipment listed on the Korea Exchange. Kim Young-hee, owns several restaurants in Gangnam. Park attended Middle Schools and Sehwa High School. He bothered some of his classmates, although he also sometimes made them laugh. In an interview on South Korea's Seoul Broadcasting System, a former teacher of Park said: "I remember Psy making a lot of sexual jokes during class. He had such a big influence that he would drive the entire class to his jokes. Looking back, I see that he added a great energy to the class." Park told CNN's Alina Cho that when he was 15 years old, he watched a Korean programme that introduced foreign pop music.Psy – PSY at the 2012 EMTV Awards in Frankfurt, Germany, December 2012
8. Amber Riley – Amber Patrice Riley is an American actress, singer and author. She is best known for her portrayal of Mercedes Jones on the Fox comedy-drama series Glee. In November 2016, Riley will begin portraying Effie White in the West End debut production of Dreamgirls. In 2013, Riley won season 17 of Dancing with the Stars. Amber sang at the royal performance December 2016 Riley was born in Los Angeles, California, Elwin Riley. She has Ashley. Riley auditioned for American Idol when she was 17 years old, during the show's second season, but was turned down by the producers. She graduated from La Mirada High School in La Mirada, California in 2004. For her role as Mercedes Jones, Riley received nominations for three Teen Choice Awards. In 2015, it was reported that Riley would star in a Christmas television film, her first movie role, her first acting role, since Glee. In December 2015, she portrayed Addaperle, the Good Witch of the North, in NBC's live performance of The Wiz. She also co-wrote a track titled "Leave a Light On" for British group The Saturdays, featured on their album Living for the Weekend. "Colorblind", premiered live on The Queen Latifah Show. The song was released as a digital download on April 2014. The song was also performed by Riley on Glee.Amber Riley – Riley at the 2010 Comic Con in San Diego
9. Rixton (band) – Rixton are a British pop rock band that formed in Manchester, England in 2012. They are signed by Scooter Braun's SB Projects. The band was established before changing their name to Rixton. Their debut single "Me and My Broken Heart" charted internationally. The band consists of Jake Roche, Danny Wilkin, Lewi Morgan. Jake Roche and Danny Wilkin started writing together after they left school. For this performance, Rixton created what Roche called "more of a comedy sketch". Scooter Braun offered to sign Rixton. It was never released as an official single. "Me and My Broken Heart", was released on 11 March 2014. It has reached number 1 in the UK. Rixton was awarded their first gold plaque on 29 May 2014 in New York City. Their first extended play, also titled My Broken Heart followed on 18 March 2014. An album is underway for release through School Boy, Giant Little Man, Interscope Records later in 2014. Justin Bieber joined the group at the SXSW Festival on 10 March 2014.Rixton (band) – Rixton after performing at the Click 98.9 New Artist Showcase in August 2014
10. Asher Roth – Asher Paul Roth is an American rapper. He is perhaps best known for his debut single "I Love College". Roth later left Schoolboy Records in late 2012, due to creative differences with Braun. In 2013, Roth signed with indie label Federal Prism, under which he released RetroHash. Roth was born and raised in Morrisville, Pennsylvania. He is of Jewish and Scottish ancestry. David Roth, is the executive director of a design firm. He attended Pennsbury High School. One week after speaking to Braun, Roth flew down to Atlanta and was immediately signed by Braun, who subsequently became his manager. After linking up with Braun, Roth moved to Atlanta to pursue a hip-hop career full-time. As industry buzz grew, Roth was courted by a number of labels, including SRC, Def Jam, Warner Bros. Records and Atlantic Records. Roth would eventually sign a joint venture between Braun's Schoolboy and Steve Rifkind, chairman of SRC/Universal Records. On June 2008, via the internet, Roth released the Don Cannon and DJ Drama-helmed mixtape, The Greenhouse Effect Vol. This resulted in Roth being the second white rapper to be featured on Drama and Cannon's Gangsta Grillz series. Roth subsequently began recording his major-label debut album.Asher Roth – Asher Roth
11. Cody Simpson – Cody Robert Simpson is an Australian singer, songwriter, musician, dancer and actor from Gold Coast, Queensland, previously signed to US record label Atlantic Records. Simpson owns a label called Coast House Records. He was born to Brad and Angie Simpson. Simpson has two younger siblings, Alli. He has won two gold medals at the Queensland Swimming Championships. He trained under coach Ken Nixon. Simpson's Angie worked as a volunteer at the club. Simpson was subsequently discovered by Shawn Campbell. Simpson's rise to recognition was featured on The 7.30 Report in December 2009. Simpson released May 2010. The video for Simpson's second single, "Summertime", was released on 20 September 2010. He relocated with his family to record his songs with Atlantic Records Shawn Campbell. Simpson appeared on Sunrise. On 22 it was announced that Simpson would participate in the Camplified 2010 Tour, along with other artists, touring across the United States. The tour ended on 14 August 2010.Cody Simpson – Simpson at the ARIA Music Awards of 2013
12. The Wanted – The Wanted are a British-Irish boy band consisting of members Max George, Siva Kaneswaran, Jay McGuiness, Tom Parker and Nathan Sykes. They formed in 2009 and managed by Scooter Braun. The Wanted, was released on 25 October 2010 and peaked at number four on the UK Albums Chart. Follow-up album Battleground was hit number five in the UK and number four in Ireland. The lead single from the album, "Gold Forever", reached number three in the UK. Their number-one hit, "Glad You Came", topped the singles chart in the United Kingdom for two weeks, in Ireland for five weeks. The fourth singles "Lightning" and "Warzone" hit number two and number 21, respectively, in the UK. Their follow-up singles "Chasing the Sun" and "I Found You" reached the top spot on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs chart. In 2013, it was announced that the group would be starring on E! entitled The Wanted Life. The show promised an honest glimpse into the lives of the band members. The Wanted were formed through mass auditions held by Jayne Collins, who also put together The Saturdays and Parade. The process, which saw more than 1,000 people attend, took over nine months. Kaneswaran and McGuiness joined later through the process. The group were credited on the album. On 25 they released their debut single, "All Time Low".The Wanted – The Wanted at the Swedish program Sommarkrysset in Stockholm Gröna Lund