1. Scooter Braun – Scott Samuel Scooter Braun is an American talent manager and businessman. He owns two record labels, School Boy Records and Raymond-Braun Media Group, RBMG is a joint venture with R&B performer Usher. Three of the most prominent artists Braun represents are Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, for School Boy Records, his represented acts include Psy, Carly Rae Jepsen, Tori Kelly and The Wanted among others. Braun was born to a Jewish family in New York City, to Ervin, the film won in regional and state competitions and then placed third overall. A member of Brauns family sent the film to Steven Spielbergs office, Braun has said Spielbergs response was one of the most inspirational moments in his life. Braun began his career by organizing parties while studying at Emory University in Atlanta, in 2002, Braun was hired to plan after-parties in each of the five cities on the Anger Management Tour, featuring Ludacris and Eminem. This launch into the world of hip-hop led Braun to producer Jermaine Dupri, Braun was 19 years old when Dupri asked him to join So So Def in a marketing position, and 20 when Dupri named him So So Defs executive director for marketing. Still in his year at Emory, Braun was working at So So Def. Some of his larger events included parties for the 2003 NBA All-Star Game, eventually Braun left So So Def to go on his private venture. Some report he was fired from the job after a dispute over the direction of the label, Braun first encountered Justin Bieber when he saw a video of a 12-year-old Bieber on YouTube, performing a song by Ne-Yo. Braun contacted Biebers mother, Pattie Mallette, who agreed to bring her son to Atlanta for a trial period. Eventually, Braun convinced them to move permanently from Canada to the United States, after further online success, Braun pitched Bieber to two successful artists, Usher and Justin Timberlake, both expressed interest. Eventually Ushers mentor, music executive L. A. Reid, under the agreement, the label would take a cut of all revenues generated by Bieber, including ticket sales and merchandising. The group also includes RBMG, a joint venture between Braun and Usher, School Boy Records had a special business arrangement with Universal Music Group and later on with Republic Records for distribution. One source close to Ariana Grande has said that the reasons behind her actions is that She thinks this is the best professional decision for her moving forward. In 2016, Scooter won the award for “Best Talent Manager” at the 3rd annual “International Music Industry Awards” presented by Shazam at the 12th annual MUSEXPO in Los Angeles. Braun appeared on the cover of Billboard in the August 11,2012 Forty Under Forty special issue titled Scooter Braun, Braun was featured on the Time 100 list for 2013. He also appeared a second time on the cover of Billboard in its April 20,2013, issue, alongside Guy Oseary, Braun was born in New York City to Conservative Jewish parents, Ervin and Susan BraunScooter Braun – Braun on stage at Tech Crunch Disrupt in 2010.
2. YouTube – YouTube is an American video-sharing website headquartered in San Bruno, California. The service was created by three former PayPal employees—Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim—in February 2005, Google bought the site in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion, YouTube now operates as one of Googles subsidiaries. Unregistered users can watch videos on the site, while registered users are permitted to upload an unlimited number of videos. Videos deemed potentially offensive are available only to registered users affirming themselves to be at least 18 years old, YouTube earns advertising revenue from Google AdSense, a program which targets ads according to site content and audience. As of February 2017, there are more than 400 hours of content uploaded to YouTube each minute, as of April 2017, the website is ranked as the second most popular site in the world by Alexa Internet, a web traffic analysis company. YouTube was founded by Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim, Hurley had studied design at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, and Chen and Karim studied computer science together at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Karim could not easily find video clips of either event online, Hurley and Chen said that the original idea for YouTube was a video version of an online dating service, and had been influenced by the website Hot or Not. YouTube began as a venture capital-funded technology startup, primarily from an $11.5 million investment by Sequoia Capital between November 2005 and April 2006, YouTubes early headquarters were situated above a pizzeria and Japanese restaurant in San Mateo, California. The domain name www. youtube. com was activated on February 14,2005, the first YouTube video, titled Me at the zoo, shows co-founder Jawed Karim at the San Diego Zoo. The video was uploaded on April 23,2005, and can still be viewed on the site, YouTube offered the public a beta test of the site in May 2005. The first video to reach one million views was a Nike advertisement featuring Ronaldinho in November 2005. Following a $3.5 million investment from Sequoia Capital in November, the site grew rapidly, and in July 2006 the company announced that more than 65,000 new videos were being uploaded every day, and that the site was receiving 100 million video views per day. The site has 800 million unique users a month and it is estimated that in 2007 YouTube consumed as much bandwidth as the entire Internet in 2000. The choice of the name www. youtube. com led to problems for a similarly named website, the sites owner, Universal Tube & Rollform Equipment, filed a lawsuit against YouTube in November 2006 after being regularly overloaded by people looking for YouTube. Universal Tube has since changed the name of its website to www. utubeonline. com, in October 2006, Google Inc. announced that it had acquired YouTube for $1.65 billion in Google stock, and the deal was finalized on November 13,2006. In March 2010, YouTube began free streaming of certain content, according to YouTube, this was the first worldwide free online broadcast of a major sporting event. On March 31,2010, the YouTube website launched a new design, with the aim of simplifying the interface, Google product manager Shiva Rajaraman commented, We really felt like we needed to step back and remove the clutter. In May 2010, YouTube videos were watched more than two times per dayYouTube – From left to right: Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim
3. Usher (entertainer) – Usher Raymond IV is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, and actor. Born in Dallas, Texas but raised and lived in Chattanooga, Tennessee until moving to Atlanta, at the age of 12, his mother put him in local singing competitions, before catching the attention of a music A&R from LaFace Records. In 1994 he released his debut album, Usher. 8701 produced the number-one singles U Remind Me and U Got It Bad and it sold 8 million copies worldwide and won his first two Grammy Awards as Best Male R&B Vocal Performance in 2002 and 2003. Confessions established him as one of the musical artists of the 2000s decade. Bolstered by its four consecutive Billboard Hot 100 number one singles, Burn, Confessions Part II, and My Boo, it has been certified Diamond by the RIAA. Here I Stand and Raymond v. Raymond, debuted atop of the Billboard 200, the EP, Versus, also produced the Hot 100 top-five single DJ Got Us Fallin in Love. Looking 4 Myself, also debuted atop the Billboard 200 chart, Raymond v. Raymond and Looking 4 Myself received Grammy Awards for R&B singles There Goes My Baby and Climax. Hard II Love peaked at five of the Billboard 200 albums chart. Usher has sold 23.8 million albums and 38.2 million digital songs in the United States, to date, his worldwide sales stand at 43 million albums and 75 million records overall, making him one of the best-selling music artists of all time. Usher has won awards and accolades including 18 Billboard Music Awards and 8 Grammy Awards. Billboard also placed him at number 6 on their list of Top 50 R&B/Hip-Hop Artists of the Past 25 Years, Usher has attained 9 US Hot 100 number-one singles. Considered an icon and sex symbol, he was inducted into the Georgia Music Hall of Fame, in 2008, he started his own record label Raymond-Braun Media Group, a joint venture with talent manager Scooter Braun that includes Canadian singer Justin Bieber. Usher was born in Dallas, Texas, the son of Jonetta Patton, from Tennessee, Usher spent the majority of his young life in Chattanooga, his father left the family when Usher was a year old. Usher grew up with his mother, then-stepfather, and half-brother, while in Atlanta, Usher attended North Springs High School. At age 10, Usher joined an R&B local quintet called the NuBeginnings, Usher recorded 10 songs with the group in 1991, and the ensuing album, Nubeginning Featuring Usher Raymond IV, was only made available regionally and by mail order. However, Patton took him out because, according to her, the album was re-released nationally in April 2002 by Hip-O Records. At age 13, Usher would meet A. J, alexander at local talent show in AtlantaUsher (entertainer) – Usher during the Division 1 launch party, 2010
4. Atlanta – Atlanta is the capital of and the most populous city in the U. S. state of Georgia, with an estimated 2015 population of 463,878. Atlanta is the cultural and economic center of the Atlanta metropolitan area, home to 5,710,795 people, Atlanta is the county seat of Fulton County, and a small portion of the city extends eastward into DeKalb County. In 1837, Atlanta was founded at the intersection of two lines, and the city rose from the ashes of the American Civil War to become a national center of commerce. Atlantas economy is considered diverse, with dominant sectors that include logistics, professional and business services, media operations, Atlanta has topographic features that include rolling hills and dense tree coverage. Revitalization of Atlantas neighborhoods, initially spurred by the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, has intensified in the 21st century, altering the demographics, politics. Prior to the arrival of European settlers in north Georgia, Creek Indians inhabited the area, standing Peachtree, a Creek village located where Peachtree Creek flows into the Chattahoochee River, was the closest Indian settlement to what is now Atlanta. As part of the removal of Native Americans from northern Georgia from 1802 to 1825, the Creek ceded the area in 1821. In 1836, the Georgia General Assembly voted to build the Western, the initial route was to run southward from Chattanooga to a terminus east of the Chattahoochee River, which would then be linked to Savannah. After engineers surveyed various possible locations for the terminus, the zero milepost was driven into the ground in what is now Five Points. A year later, the area around the milepost had developed into a settlement, first known as Terminus, and later as Thrasherville after a merchant who built homes. By 1842, the town had six buildings and 30 residents and was renamed Marthasville to honor the Governors daughter, later, J. Edgar Thomson, Chief Engineer of the Georgia Railroad, suggested the town be renamed Atlantica-Pacifica, which was shortened to Atlanta. The residents approved, and the town was incorporated as Atlanta on December 29,1847, by 1860, Atlantas population had grown to 9,554. During the American Civil War, the nexus of multiple railroads in Atlanta made the city a hub for the distribution of military supplies, in 1864, the Union Army moved southward following the capture of Chattanooga and began its invasion of north Georgia. On the next day, Mayor James Calhoun surrendered Atlanta to the Union Army, on November 11,1864, Sherman prepared for the Union Armys March to the Sea by ordering Atlanta to be burned to the ground, sparing only the citys churches and hospitals. After the Civil War ended in 1865, Atlanta was gradually rebuilt, due to the citys superior rail transportation network, the state capital was moved from Milledgeville to Atlanta in 1868. In the 1880 Census, Atlanta surpassed Savannah as Georgias largest city, by 1885, the founding of the Georgia School of Technology and the citys black colleges had established Atlanta as a center for higher education. In 1895, Atlanta hosted the Cotton States and International Exposition, during the first decades of the 20th century, Atlanta experienced a period of unprecedented growth. In three decades time, Atlantas population tripled as the city expanded to include nearby streetcar suburbsAtlanta – From top to bottom left to right: Atlanta skyline seen from Buckhead, the Fox Theatre, the Georgia State Capitol, Centennial Olympic Park, Millennium Gate, the Canopy Walk, the Georgia Aquarium, The Phoenix statue, and the Midtown skyline
5. Island Records – Island Records is a major record label that operates as a division of UMG Recordings, Inc. It was founded by Chris Blackwell, Graeme Goodall and Leslie Kong in Jamaica in 1959, Blackwell sold the label to PolyGram in 1989. Three Island labels exist in the world, Island UK, Island US, and Island Australia, current key people of Island Records include Island president Darcus Beese, OBE and MD Jon Turner. Partially due to the labels significant legacy, Island remains one of UMGs pre-eminent record labels, Island Records was founded in Jamaica on 4 July 1959 by Chris Blackwell, Graeme Goodall and Leslie Kong, and partially financed by Stanley Borden from RKO. Its name was inspired by the Harry Belafonte song Island in the Sun. Blackwell explained in 2009, “I loved music so much, I just wanted to get into it, or be as close to it as I could. ”Tom Hayes, the labels sales manager between 1965 and 1967, referred to the early period of the label in the UK as “organized chaos”. “My Boy Lollipop”, sung by Millie Small, was the labels first success in the UK, Blackwell explained in a 50-year-anniversary documentary that he was only interested in building long-term careers at that stage in time, rather than short-term projects. Suzette Newman has been a colleague of Chris Blackwells since working together in the early days of Island Records. Suzette Newman and Chris Salewicz were the editors for the book “The Story of Island Records, Blackwell relocated to England in May 1962 to garner greater levels of attention after the local Jamaican sound systems proved to be overwhelmingly successful. The vast majority of the artists who had signed to Blackwells fledgling label while he was in Jamaica agreed to allow the entrepreneur to release their music in the UK. While in England, Blackwell travelled throughout the city carrying his stock with him and he did not provide any copies to radio stations, as they would not play any of the Island music, the music was also not reviewed by the press. Meanwhile, Goodall left to start the Doctor Bird record label in 1965, Blackwell signed the Spencer Davis Group to the label. The group became popular and Island started their own independent series to spotlight UK rock talent. They signed artists like John Martyn, Fairport Convention, Free, by the late 1960s and early 1970s, they were a major label in England with artists like Roxy Music, King Crimson, Traffic, The Wailers, and many others. Blackwell had signed Bob Marley, and now Toots and the Maytals, in November 2016, Jackie Jackson described the formation of the group in a radio interview for Kool 97 FM Jamaica. Accompanied by Paul Douglas and Radcliffe Dougie Bryan in studio, Jackson explained, Were all original members of Toots, first it was Toots and the Maytals, three guys, Toots, Raleigh, and Jerry. …And then they were signed to Island Records, Chris Blackwell, and we were their recording band. One day we were summoned to Chris house, and he says, Alright gentleman, I think its timeIsland Records – Island Records
6. L.A. Reid – Antonio Marquis L. A. Reid is an American music executive, musician, songwriter, record producer, author and former television music competition judge. He is currently the chairman and CEO of Epic Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment. Reid was also the founder and CEO of Hitco Music Publishing, based in New York, Reid first began his music career as a drummer, with his first appearance on record being with the Cincinnati funk rock outfit Pure Essence. Pure Essence released one solitary 45 in the mid-1970s and they later appeared on local FM rock radio station WEBNs second annual LP compilation, but the group was renamed Essence. Reid would experience more success when he became a member of the 1980s R&B band The Deele, best known for their 1988 hit Two Occasions. The band had broken up before the success of the single, the song peaked at number 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. After The Deele disbanded, Reid and band mate Kenneth Babyface Edmonds founded LaFace in 1989 through a joint venture with Arista Records, with funding from Arista Records creator Clive Davis. The label soon became one of the destinations for popular African-American entertainers who created Black Pop music that was easily accessible to both Urban and Top 40 radio formats. Reid signed 14-year-old Usher to the label, whose six album releases have sold 65 million units worldwide, other popular acts on the label during its peak include Toni Braxton, TLC, and Outkast. Both TLC and Toni Braxton went on to more than 65 million records each. Initially headquartered in Atlanta, the played a significant role in building the current landscape of the Atlanta music industry. Hitco Publishing Group With the belief that good songwriting is essential to the success of recording artists, Reid formed the Hitco Publishing Group in 1996 and he gave the future senior vice president of Island Def Jam Music Group his first position as an inter-level creative person at Hitco. In May 2000, Edmonds and Reid sold their remaining 50% stake in LaFace to parent company BMG, the label became an imprint of Arista Records, with Arista taking on sales, marketing, and promotional duties for its acts. At this time, Reid also succeeded his mentor Clive Davis as president of Arista Records, in 2000, LaFace was merged into Arista Records with Reid being promoted to president and CEO of Arista Records. In 1997 Reid was accepted to the Harvard Business School Advanced Management Program in preparation to become CEO of Arista Records in 2000, Reid signed his first unknown artist, pop/rocker Avril Lavigne, to Arista. Her debut album Let Go sold 6 million copies in the United States, as president of Arista Records, Reid brought the company great success by signing artists such as P. nk and Ciara. Outkasts Speakerboxxx/The Love Below also went on to sell 10 million copies and won a Grammy Award for Album of the year. Following the merger of Sony and BMG, L. A. Reid was released from his contract at Arista in 2004 and quickly became the chairman, Reid stepped down as Chairman/CEO of Island Def Jam in March 2011L.A. Reid – Reid at The X Factor in June 2011
7. One Time (song) – One Time is the debut single of Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It is the first single released from his debut EP, My World and it was first solicited to mainstream and rhythmic radio on May 18,2009. It was released via download in the United States and Canada on July 7,2009. An acoustic version of the song, called the My Heart Edition was released to iTunes on December 22,2009, the song, moderately paced with R&B, pop, and hip-hop influences, is an ode to young love. The song received positive reviews critics, commending its production, vocals. The song was a success, reaching the top twenty in Canada, US, Germany, United Kingdom, France and New Zealand. The single has been certified Platinum in Canada and the United States, the accompanying music video portrays Bieber at a house party, and features his mentor, Usher and hometown friend, Ryan Butler. As of March 2017, the video had been viewed over 510 million times on the video-sharing website YouTube, Bieber performed the song in a number of live appearances including The Dome, The Next Star, and Dick Clarks New Years Rockin Eve with Ryan Seacrest. Before they produced and wrote Biebers debut they had penned several hits, including Beyoncés Single Ladies, Mariah Careys Obsessed, Fabolouss Throw It In the Bag, One Time was produced by Stewart and production duo The Movement, while Harrell provided vocal recording and production. The Movement also received writing credits for the song as did Thabiso Nkhereanye, Bieber recorded the song at RedZones Triangle Sound Studios in Savannah, Georgia a few hours away from Biebers then current home of Atlanta, Georgia. Bieber also recorded some of the track at The Boom Boom Room in Burbank, mixing was done in Atlanta at Silent Sound Studios by Jaycen-Joshua Fowler and Dave Pensado. One Time is described to be in a slow groove. Washington Post called the track, along with Love Me modest club tracks, about. com described it as a solid midtempo beat. The song is composed in the key of C♯ minor, the song is moderately paced, and the introduction and outro are sung in a sing-and-tell format with Bieber repetitively voicing the line Me plus you/Imma tell you one time. Bieber goes into the middle eight the backing is not as much indistinguishable from the rest of the song, however Lamb criticized the song for being too generic, and that Bieber had little room to show his voice. Billboards Michael Menachem called the song a pop song that also taps into a prevalent teen hip-hop aesthetic. He also compared Bieber to Brown on the track, and said that brings to mind vocal debut on Run It. in 2005. Unlike Lamb, Menachem said the song gave Biebers vocals plenty of room to shine as he breaks into the chorusOne Time (song) – "One Time"
8. My World (EP) – My World is the debut extended play by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It was released on 17 November 2009, by Island Records, the album is considered the first half of a two-piece project, later being supplemented by his debut studio album My World 2.0. Its music incorporates pop and R&B styles, and lyrically discusses teen romance, upon its release, My World received generally favorable reviews from music critics, who complimented its production. It debuted at six on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 137,000 copies. In doing so, it became the release for a new artist in 2009, though it was topped the following week by I Dreamed a Dream by Susan Boyle. Upon the release of My World 2.0 in March 2010, Less than two months after its release, the record was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America for sales exceeding one million copies. Internationally, the extended play attained similar success and it debuted atop the Canadian Albums Chart, where it was later certified double platinum. It additionally attained double platinum recognition in the United Kingdom, two singles were released from My World, both of which became international successes. Its lead single One Time reached the top twenty in five countries singles charts, while its follow-up One Less Lonely Girl peaked within the top ten in Canada, the promotional singles Love Me and Favorite Girl peaked in the top forty of the US Billboard Hot 100. The project was promoted through television appearances and the My World Tour in 2010. On February 12,2016, the EP was released on vinyl for the first time, Bieber first began his career through YouTube, posting videos of his performances in singing competitions for family members who could not attend. As his popularity on the website grew, he was discovered by his eventual manager Scooter Braun and he provided him with an audition for L. A. Reid of Island Records, and signed a recording contract in October 2008. In April 2009, after recording his debut single One Time, Usher described Bieber as a phenomenon and definitely a priority for me. Bieber later described the title as the only way could really describe it. When recording My World, Bieber expressed a desire to grow as an artist and have fans grow with, musically, the project incorporates pop and R&B styles, similar to the catalogs of Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Chris Brown, Usher, and Ne-Yo. Entertainment Weekly described the record as featuring sugary puppy-love ballads and dinky dance-pop confections, Bieber looked to address a variety of lyrical themes, which he described as songs that teens can relate to and just stuff that happens in everyday life. The introductory track One Time discusses an admiration of a female, Favorite Girl shares a similar sentiment, describing the object of his affection as his prized possession. The ballad Down to Earth was inspired by the divorce of Biebers parents, Bigger details an aspiration to work past the difficulties a relationship experiencesMy World (EP) – Bieber performing in Bogor, Indonesia during his My World Tour, 2010.
9. RIAA certification – In the United States, the Recording Industry Association of America awards certification based on the number of albums and singles sold through retail and other ancillary markets. Certification is not automatic, for an award to be made, the audit is conducted against net shipments after returns, which includes albums sold directly to retailers and one-stops, direct-to-consumer sales and other outlets. Presently, an American RIAA-certified Gold record is a single or album that has sold 500,000 units, the award was launched in 1958, originally, the requirement for a Gold single was one million units sold and a Gold album represented $1 million in sales. In 1975, the requirement of 500,000 units sold was added for Gold albums. Reflecting growth in sales, the Platinum award was added in 1976 for albums selling one million units. The Multi-Platinum award was introduced in 1984, signifying multiple Platinum levels of albums, in 1989, the sales thresholds for singles were reduced to 500,000 for Gold and 1,000,000 for Platinum, reflecting a decrease in sales of singles. In 1992, RIAA began counting each disc in a set as one unit toward certification. Reflecting additional growth in sales, the Diamond award was instituted in 1999 for albums or singles selling ten million units. Because of these changes in criteria, the sales level associated with a particular award depends on when the award was made, Nielsen SoundScan figures are not used in RIAA certification, the RIAA system predates Nielsen SoundScan and includes sales outlets Nielsen misses. Prior to Nielsen SoundScan, RIAA certification was the only audited and this system has allowed, at times, for record labels to promote an album as Gold or Platinum simply based on large shipments. For instance, in 1978 the Sgt, peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band soundtrack shipped platinum but was a sales bust, with two million returns. Similarly, all four albums by the members of Kiss simultaneously shipped Platinum that same year. A similar discrepancy between shipments and sales was reported with The Lion King soundtrack, multi-disc albums are counted once for each disc within the album if it is over 100 minutes in length or is from the vinyl era. Pink Floyds The Wall and The Beatles White Album, both vinyl-era, are also counted double even though their running times are under the minimum requirement. Since 2000, the RIAA also awards Los Premios de Oro y De Platino to Latin albums which are defined by the RIAA as a type of product that features at least 51% of content in Spanish, the thresholds were 100,000 units and 200,000 units. All Spanish-language albums certified prior to 2008 were updated to match the current certification at the time, la Bomba by Bolivian group Azul Azul is the only single to receive a Latin certification based on shipments before the creation of the Latin digital singles awards in 2013. The Disco de Diamante award was introduced after the RIAA updated the thresholds for Latin certifications in December 20,2013, the Disco de Diamante is awarded to Latin albums that have been certified 10× Platinum. The thresholds were previously 1,000,000 units and 2,000,000 units, when the RIAA changed the certification standards to match retail distribution in August 2006, all Platinum and Multi-Platinum awards for a digital release were withdrawnRIAA certification – A platinum award for the album GHV2 of Madonna.
10. Billboard Hot 100 – The Billboard Hot 100 is the music industry standard record chart in the United States for singles, published weekly by Billboard magazine. Chart rankings are based on sales, radio play and online streaming, the weekly sales period was originally Monday to Sunday, when Nielsen started tracking sales in 1991, but was changed to Friday to Thursday in July 2015. Radio airplay, which, unlike sales figures and streaming data, is available on a real-time basis. A new chart is compiled and officially released to the public by Billboard on Tuesdays, as of the issue for the week ending on April 15,2017, the Hot 100 has had 1,061 different number one hits. The current number one song is Shape of You by Ed Sheeran, prior to 1955, Billboard did not have a unified, all-encompassing popularity chart, instead measuring songs by individual metrics. At the start of the era in 1955, three such charts existed, Best Sellers in Stores was the first Billboard chart, established in 1936. This chart ranked the biggest selling singles in retail stores, as reported by merchants surveyed throughout the country, Most Played by Jockeys was Billboards original airplay chart. It ranked the most played songs on United States radio stations, as reported by radio disc jockeys, Most Played in Jukeboxes ranked the most played songs in jukeboxes across the United States. On the week ending November 12,1955, Billboard published The Top 100 for the first time, the Top 100 combined all aspects of a singles performance, based on a point system that typically gave sales more weight than radio airplay. The Best Sellers In Stores, Most Played by Jockeys and Most Played in Jukeboxes charts continued to be published concurrently with the new Top 100 chart. The week ending July 28,1958 was the publication of the Most Played By Jockeys and Top 100 charts. On August 4,1958, Billboard premiered one main all-genre singles chart, the Hot 100 quickly became the industry standard and Billboard discontinued the Best Sellers In Stores chart on October 13,1958. The Billboard Hot 100 is still the standard by which a songs popularity is measured in the United States, the Hot 100 is ranked by radio airplay audience impressions as measured by Nielsen BDS, sales data compiled by Nielsen Soundscan and streaming activity provided by online music sources. There are several component charts that contribute to the calculation of the Hot 100. Charts are ranked by number of gross audience impressions, computed by cross-referencing exact times of radio airplay with Arbitron listener data. Hot Singles Sales, the top selling singles compiled from a sample of retail store, mass merchant and internet sales reports collected, compiled. The chart is released weekly and measures sales of commercial singles. With the decline in sales of singles in the USBillboard Hot 100 – The Billboard logo
11. My World 2.0 – My World 2.0 is the debut studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Justin Bieber. It was released on March 19,2010, by Island Records and it is considered the second half of a two-piece project, being supplemented by his debut extended play My World. The record follows in the vein of My World, incorporating pop and R&B styles, lyrically, it discusses teen romance and coming of age situations. Upon its release, My World 2.0 received generally favorable reviews from music critics and it debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 283,000 copies. In doing so, Bieber became the youngest solo male artist to top the chart since Stevie Wonder in 1963, with My World peaking at number five that week, he became the first artist to occupy two top-five positions since Nelly in 2004. When the album sold more copies in its week, it became the first album since The Beatles 1 to debut at number one. Bieber also had his second number one album in Canada, and in its second week the album peaked at number one in Ireland, Australia. It also charted in the top ten of fifteen other countries, Bieber supported the album with his very first headlining tour, the My World Tour. The album was preceded by the single, Baby, featuring Ludacris, which was released on January 18,2010. Somebody to Love impacted radio as the second single on April 20,2010. The album received a Grammy Award nomination for Best Pop Vocal Album at the 2011 ceremony. In 2009, in an interview with Billboard at the Z100 Jingle Ball, Bieber said that people do not want to wait over a year and half for new music, and it was decided best to give it in parts. In an interview with the Houston Chronicle, Bieber stated, I wanted to do something that was a bit more R&B. I just wanted to be able to show my vocal abilities, in a piece with The New York Times Bieber stated that most of the production took place in Atlanta, and confirmed collaborating again with Tricky Stewart and The-Dream. Bieber said, that he was hoping that the album would be better, considering that My World was his first time in a studio. The album has been described as edgier and more mature than its predecessor, Bieber stated, I wanted to do something that was a little bit more R&B and that could reach out to everyone. I just wanted to be able to show my vocal abilities, sara Anderson of AOL Music commented that his sophomore release also showcases pop-y and hip-hop fused tracks. The record has also said to mine vintage teen-pop themesMy World 2.0 – My World 2.0
12. Baby (Justin Bieber song) – Baby is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It was released as the single from the latter half of Biebers debut album. It was available for download on January 18,2010. The song received airplay directly after release, officially impacting mainstream, the song is uptempo R&B, blending together dance-pop and hip-hop elements, while using influences of doo-wop music. The song has received reviews from critics who complimented the songs effective lyrics and chorus, and commended Ludacris part. The accompanying music video takes place in a mall/bowling-alley setting, the video features several cameos such as Drake, Lil Twist and Tinashe, in which Bieber chases after a girl. As of May 2013, the song has sold 3.9 million digital downloads in the United States, the official music video is the eighteenth most-viewed video all-time on YouTube, and is also, as of 2017, the YouTube video with the most dislikes. It had been the most-viewed from July 12,2010 until November 24,2012, Bieber performed the song several times, including Saturday Night Live, and the ninth season of American Idol. Bieber also performed a rendition of the remix version with Drake at the 2010 Juno Awards. The official remix in the United Kingdom features British hip-hop artist Chipmunk, when asked how the collaboration initially came about, Bieber said, both live in Atlanta. I met him a year prior to this and we figured it was a collaboration for him. Bieber first premiered the song performing on MuchMusic on December 28,2009, a few days before the release of the single, Bieber posted an acoustic version of the song to his YouTube with his guitarist Dan Kanterr, similar to the way he did with Favorite Girl. Billboard said that, Bieber delivers his characteristically clean vocals with conviction, My first love broke my heart for the first time / and Im like, baby, baby, baby, I thought youd always be mine. Also in a review of the acoustic version Bill Lamb of About. com said that I think the vocals here will convince some that Justin Bieber really does have the vocal chops. The song is upbeat, featuring Biebers R&B vocals over a backdrop containing a dance infused beat, full of keyboard. The song is composed in the key of E♭ major with Biebers vocal range spanning from the low-note of G3 to the high-note of C5. Lyrically, Biebers lines explain his distress over his lost love, the chorus features the distinct and repetitive baby, baby, baby, ohhhh hook. A famous section of the song plays Baby, Baby baby oh and it is the catchphrase of the song that identifies the songBaby (Justin Bieber song) – "Baby"
13. My World Tour – The My World Tour was the debut concert tour by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It is Biebers first concert tour which supports his two-part debut album My World, the tour was officially announced on March 16,2010, a week before My World 2.0 was released. Rising Sony recording artist Jasmine Villegas joined the tour as opening act for the second leg, the first leg of the tour is estimated to have grossed $35.6 million post inflation. The tour made a total of $53,341,886 worldwide, the tour was officially announced on March 16,2010, a week before the release of his second studio album, My World 2.0. In an interview with the Houston Chronicle, when asked about what fans could expect on the tour, Bieber stated, there are going to be some cool tricks, some electronic things that havent been seen before, for sure. All concerts were filmed for venue projection because of the audience in back rows. The concert in New York City, United States on August 31,2010 was filmed with different cameras and lots of angles for Biebers 3D movie, the October 8,2011 concert in São Paulo, Brazil was filmed with different cameras and angles professionally. Later, this concert was broadcast on television in Brazil but some songs are skipped, Justin Bieber, News, Tickets for My World TourMy World Tour – Promotional poster for the tour
14. My Worlds Acoustic – My Worlds Acoustic is the first remix album by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It was released on November 26,2010 and was sold exclusively at Walmart retail stores. The album features nine versions of songs from his debut extended play, My World. The new versions of the songs were produced by Biebers music director, Dan Kanter, his vocal producer Kuk Harrell, internationally, the set is included as a part of the compilation album, My Worlds, The Collection, which included songs from the previous two releases. My Worlds Acoustic was released to iTunes, on February 8,2011, according to Bieber, he wanted to release the album for the naysayers who critiqued his actual singing ability. The singer said that he wanted to have an acoustic album, although labeled as an acoustic album, the songs still include subtle usages of electronic sounds such as synthesizers. The album received favorable reviews from critics, however most critics were not satisfied that the album was not genuinely acoustic. In Canada, the song debuted at five, and later peaked at number four on the Canadian Albums Chart. My Worlds Acoustic debuted at seven on the US Billboard 200, selling 115,000 copies in its first week. On October 18,2010, Bieber announced on his Twitter plans for an album in time for the holiday season. Days later, on October 24,2010, he revealed that the album was set for release on November 26,2010. The singer said he wanted to do the set because the Electronic Music production sometimes drowns out your voice and takes away from the singer, over the synths. According to Kyle Anderson of MTV News the album might not have been just another project, in the same interview he confirmed that Baby and other My World 2.0 songs were re-recorded, as well as a new song. It was later confirmed that the song was a song entitled. According to Bieber, the song is a gift to his fans, vocally, Biebers vocals are sung in a lower key compared to previous singles. Bieber plays guitar on the album, along with his guitarist, the new versions of the other songs on the album were produced by Kanter, Biebers vocal producer Kuk Harrell, and also producer Rob Wells. The video premiered during Game 3 of the 2010 World Series, and in the clip, Bieber performed Pray for the first time at the 2010 American Music Awards. The performance opened with Bieber sitting playing the piano while singing, midway through the performance Bieber arose from the piano and took center stage, he was accompanied by a choir singing background vocalsMy Worlds Acoustic – My Worlds Acoustic
15. Justin Bieber: Never Say Never – Justin Bieber, Never Say Never is a 2011 3-D concert film centering on singer Justin Bieber. It was released in the United States, Canada and Africa on February 11,2011, a sequel to Never Say Never was released on December 25,2013 entitled Justin Biebers Believe. The film follows the pop star Justin Bieber during 10 days counting down to what is considered his biggest performance, that of August 31,2010 in Madison Square Garden and it shows footage of the performances during this period from his My World Tour. The main people around Bieber, being like family and good friends to him, are interviewed, various instances of praying together before a show are shown. The film also includes a visit Bieber made to his hometown while being in Canada for the tour and he is scolded for having damaged his voice while having fun with his old friends. Reluctantly he accepts the postponement of a performance in Syracuse and he is not allowed to speak for some days, and thus recovers enough to do the next performance, at MSG. Also included are some stories and old videos of Biebers childhood and he was raised by his mother but also had a very special bond with his maternal step-grandfather. The latter still gets emotional about the time that Bieber and his moved to Atlanta. The website also reported that the film, described as a feature biopic would be directed by the Academy Award-winning An Inconvenient Truths director Davis Guggenheim, the untitled film was said to also include performances from Biebers My World Tour throughout. Biebers manager Scooter Braun and Island Def Jam president L. A. Reid were tapped to produce, after the report was published by Deadline, Bieber confirmed the news on his official Twitter account, and verified that it would be released around February 11,2011. In a following tweet, Bieber stated that the performances for the film would be set to take place at Madison Square Garden on the tour. On August 4,2010, Deadline reported that Guggenheim had dropped out of the position for the film. After the future of the film was up in the air for a few days, on August 13,2010, it was reported that Step Up 3D director Jon Chu was recruited to direct the film. On directing the film, Chu stated that he jumped at the opportunity to tell a story with honesty and heart, as most people did not know that Bieber had a true underdog story. Chu went on to say that he hoped to tell his story in a compelling, genuine way, in another interview, Chu said that the movie was for fans and non-fans alike, commenting, were gonna tell the underdog story of where he came from. He later explained that it was fascinating due to Biebers story had much to do with the digital lifestyle, such as using YouTube. On the type of film, Chu said Theres not going to be acted-out scenes and its not your typical concert film and its not going to be a biopic, but it is about his life. The contest lasted for twenty-four hours, on August 31,2010, filming took place at his concert at Madison Square Garden for scenes for the film, and Bieber donned white and purple attire, his tour colorsJustin Bieber: Never Say Never – Theatrical release poster
16. Under the Mistletoe – Under the Mistletoe is the first Christmas album and second studio album by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It was released on November 1,2011, by Island Records, on August 25,2011, Bieber announced that he would be releasing his first Christmas album and second studio album later in 2011. Manager Scooter Braun and vocal producer Kuk Harrell confirmed a week later that Bieber had collaborated with Sean Kingston, later that month, it was announced that Boyz II Men, Usher, and The Band Perry were also collaborating with Bieber on the album. On September 30,2011, Bieber released the album cover. On October 4,2011, Mariah Carey revealed that she, justins version of the song Santa Claus Is Coming To Town samples the song I Want You Back by the Jackson 5. The albums first single Mistletoe, was written and produced with The Messengers, the album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200, shipping 210,000 units during its opening week. Under the Mistletoe is Justin Biebers third number-one album and third platinum selling album following Never Say Never and it was also the first Christmas album by a male artist to debut at number-one. Bieber also became the first solo artist to have three albums before his 18th birthday. For all of 2011, the album totaled 1,245,000 copies in US sales, according to Nielsen SoundScan, as of December 2015, the album had sold 1,510,000 copies in the United States. The album also debuted within the top 10 in Spain, Australia, Norway, and the NetherlandsUnder the Mistletoe – Under the Mistletoe
17. American Music Awards of 2010 – The 38th American Music Awards were held November 21,2010, at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California. The awards recognized the most popular artists and albums from 2010s music list, nominees were announced on October 12,2010. Justin Bieber was nominated for, and won, four awards, usher and Eminem both won two awards, the former was nominated for three and the latter, five. The nominees for the 38th American Music Awards were announced on October 12,2010 by Demi Lovato, the ceremony was watched by 11.6 million viewers and received a 4.3 preliminary rating in the 18–49 demographic. This marked the lowest-ever ratings for the ceremony, with coming from NBC Sunday Night Football. American Music Awards of 2010 at the Internet Movie DatabaseAmerican Music Awards of 2010 – Eminem
18. Best New Artist – The Grammy Award for Best New Artist has been awarded since 1959. Years reflect the year in which the Grammy Awards were handed out, the award was not presented in 1967. The official guidelines are as follows, For a new artist who releases, during the Eligibility Year, note that this is not necessarily the first album released by an artist. It is sometimes asserted, with varying degrees of sincerity, that winning the award is a curse, as several award winners were never able to duplicate the success they experienced in their debut year. This viewpoint was expressed by former Starland Vocal Band member Taffy Danoff in a 2002 interview for VH1s 100 Greatest One Hit Wonders, so that was basically the kiss of death and I feel sorry for everyone whos gotten it since. The category is also notable for being the one of its kind in which a Grammy Award was vacated. This occurred in 1990 after it was revealed winners Milli Vanilli did not contribute their own vocals on their debut album, the award was revoked, but was not handed out to another artist. Of the 54 awards presented in the category since its inception, the honor has been presented to 25 solo female artists,18 duos or groups, between 1997 and 2003, all the winners were solo female artists. Also, from 1993 to 2005, no winner was a male artist. In 2006, John Legend broke this trend, which started with Marc Cohn in 1992. Only four artists have won both Best New Artist and Album of the Year in the year, Bob Newhart in 1961, Christopher Cross in 1981, Lauryn Hill in 1999. Of all the winners, only three have been country artists, in 1997, LeAnn Rimes became the first country artist to win the award. She was followed by Carrie Underwood in 2007 and Zac Brown Band in 2010, additionally,2017 marked the first time that two country artists were nominated in this category in the same year. 1984 marked the first time all of the nominees were from outside of the United States. Over the years, the eligibility rules for this category have changed several times, in 2010, Lady Gagas exclusion from the Best New Artist category caused the Recording Academy to change eligibility requirements for the next ceremony. She was ineligible for the nomination because her hit Just Dance had been nominated in 2008, the new rule stated that an artist can be nominated as long as that artist has not previously released an entire album and has subsequently not won a Grammy. To be eligible in the category of Best New Artist, the artist, duo, or group, Must have released a minimum of five singles/tracks or one album, but no more than 30 singles/tracks or three albums. May not have entered into this more than three times, including as a performing member of an established groupBest New Artist – The Beatles members John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and George Harrison (clockwise from top left)
19. Best Pop Vocal Album – The honor was first presented in 1968 at the 10th Grammy Awards as Best Contemporary Album to The Beatles for Sgt. The category was discontinued until 1995 where it emerged with the new name Best Pop Album. In 2001, the became known as Best Pop Vocal Album. According to the category description guide for the 52nd Grammy Awards, kelly Clarkson and Adele are the only artists to win the award twice. ^ Each year is linked to the article about the Grammy Awards held that year, billboard 200 Grammy Award for Best Pop Instrumental Album List of popular music genres Official site of the Grammy AwardsBest Pop Vocal Album – The Beatles, the 1968 award-winning band for Best Contemporary Album.
20. 53rd Grammy Awards – The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards were held on February 13,2011, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. They were broadcast on CBS with a rating of 26.6 million viewers, barbra Streisand was honored as the MusiCares Person of the Year two nights prior to the telecast on February 11. Nominations were announced on December 1,2010 and a total of 109 awards were presented, most of the awards were presented during the pre-telecast, which took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center next to the Staples Center, where the main telecast took place. The eligibility period was September 1,2009 to September 30,2010, for the third year, nominations were announced on prime-time television as part of The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live. – Countdown to Musics Biggest Night a one-hour special broadcast live on CBS from Club Nokia at L. A. Live, arcade Fire won Album of the Year for The Suburbs becoming the first indie act to do so, and surprising many viewers and critics. Baba Yetu composed and arranged by Christopher Tin won Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist, is the first Grammy given to a piece of written for a Video Game. Esperanza Spalding was awarded Best New Artist, Lady Antebellum won five awards including Record of the Year and Song of the Year for Need You Now. Other multiple winners include, David Frost, John Legend, Lady Gaga, Jay-Z, the Black Keys, Eminem, Herbie Hancock, Alicia Keys, The Roots, Christopher Tin and BeBe Winans won two awards each. The television broadcast of the 53rd Grammy Awards marked the last awards show for the Grammys executive producer, John Cossette, dre, Eminem, Havoc, Emile Haynie, Jim Jonsin, Just Blaze, Mr. Luke, Kuk Harrell, Max Martin, Stargate, C. Power – Kanye West Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group On to the Next One – Jay Z & Swiss Beatz Shutterbugg – Big Boi & Cutty Fancy – Drake, T. I. & Swizz Beatz My Chick Bad – Ludacris & Nicki Minaj Lose My Mind – Young Jeezy & Plies Best Rap/Sung Collaboration Empire State of Mind – Jay-Z & Alicia Keys Nothin on You – B. o. Battle Studies Michael H. Luke California Gurls – Katy Perry Featuring Snoop Dogg For Your Entertainment – Adam Lambert Hungover – Ke$ha Kiss n Tell – Ke$ha Magic – B. o. o. Johnson, surround mix engineer, Keith O. Daugherty, Metropolis Symphony, Deus Ex Machina Mark Donahue, John Hill & Dirk Sobotka, engineers Have You Ever Been53rd Grammy Awards – 53rd Annual Grammy Awards
21. Justin Bieber – Justin Drew Bieber is a Canadian singer and songwriter. After a talent manager discovered him through his YouTube videos covering songs in 2008 and signed to RBMG, Bieber released his debut EP, My World and it was certified Platinum in the U. S. He became the first artist to have seven songs from a record chart on the Billboard Hot 100. Bieber released his first full-length studio album, My World 2.0 and it debuted at or near number one in several countries, was certified triple Platinum in the U. S. and contained his single Baby. He released his studio album, Under the Mistletoe, in November 2011. Bieber released his studio album, Believe, in 2012. His fourth studio album Purpose was released in November 2015, spawning three number one singles, What Do You Mean and his U. S. album and singles sales total 44.7 million. He has sold an estimated 100 million records, making him one of the world’s best-selling music artists, Bieber has won numerous awards, including the American Music Award for Artist of the Year in 2010 and 2012. In his career, he has won one Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording for the song Where Are Ü Now at the 2016 ceremony. He has been listed four times by Forbes magazine among the top ten most powerful celebrities in the world in 2011,2012, Bieber also became the first artist to surpass 10 billion total video views on Vevo. Bieber was born on March 1,1994, in London, Ontario, at St Josephs Hospital and he is the only child of Jeremy Jack Bieber and Patricia Pattie Mallette. Pattie raised her son with the help of her mother, Diane and his mother is of French-Canadian descent, his paternal great-grandfather was of German ancestry, and his other roots are English, Scottish and Irish. He has also claimed that he has some undetermined Aboriginal Canadian ancestry, through Jeremy, Bieber has two younger half-siblings, Jazmyn and Jaxon. Pattie worked a series of low-paying office jobs, raising Bieber as a mother in low-income housing. Bieber has maintained contact with his father, Bieber attended a French-language immersion elementary school in Stratford, the Jeanne Sauvé Catholic School. Growing up, he learned to play the piano, drums, guitar and he graduated from high school in Stratford, Ontario, the St. Michael Catholic Secondary School in 2012 with a 4.0 GPA. In early 2007, aged 12, Bieber sang Ne-Yos So Sick for a singing competition in Stratford and was placed second. Mallette posted a video of the performance on YouTube for their family and she continued to upload videos of Bieber singing covers of various R&B songs, and Biebers popularity on the site grewJustin Bieber – Bieber at the 2012 NRJ Music Awards
22. Justin Bieber: Never Say Never (film) – Justin Bieber, Never Say Never is a 2011 3-D concert film centering on singer Justin Bieber. It was released in the United States, Canada and Africa on February 11,2011, a sequel to Never Say Never was released on December 25,2013 entitled Justin Biebers Believe. The film follows the pop star Justin Bieber during 10 days counting down to what is considered his biggest performance, that of August 31,2010 in Madison Square Garden and it shows footage of the performances during this period from his My World Tour. The main people around Bieber, being like family and good friends to him, are interviewed, various instances of praying together before a show are shown. The film also includes a visit Bieber made to his hometown while being in Canada for the tour and he is scolded for having damaged his voice while having fun with his old friends. Reluctantly he accepts the postponement of a performance in Syracuse and he is not allowed to speak for some days, and thus recovers enough to do the next performance, at MSG. Also included are some stories and old videos of Biebers childhood and he was raised by his mother but also had a very special bond with his maternal step-grandfather. The latter still gets emotional about the time that Bieber and his moved to Atlanta. The website also reported that the film, described as a feature biopic would be directed by the Academy Award-winning An Inconvenient Truths director Davis Guggenheim, the untitled film was said to also include performances from Biebers My World Tour throughout. Biebers manager Scooter Braun and Island Def Jam president L. A. Reid were tapped to produce, after the report was published by Deadline, Bieber confirmed the news on his official Twitter account, and verified that it would be released around February 11,2011. In a following tweet, Bieber stated that the performances for the film would be set to take place at Madison Square Garden on the tour. On August 4,2010, Deadline reported that Guggenheim had dropped out of the position for the film. After the future of the film was up in the air for a few days, on August 13,2010, it was reported that Step Up 3D director Jon Chu was recruited to direct the film. On directing the film, Chu stated that he jumped at the opportunity to tell a story with honesty and heart, as most people did not know that Bieber had a true underdog story. Chu went on to say that he hoped to tell his story in a compelling, genuine way, in another interview, Chu said that the movie was for fans and non-fans alike, commenting, were gonna tell the underdog story of where he came from. He later explained that it was fascinating due to Biebers story had much to do with the digital lifestyle, such as using YouTube. On the type of film, Chu said Theres not going to be acted-out scenes and its not your typical concert film and its not going to be a biopic, but it is about his life. The contest lasted for twenty-four hours, on August 31,2010, filming took place at his concert at Madison Square Garden for scenes for the film, and Bieber donned white and purple attire, his tour colorsJustin Bieber: Never Say Never (film) – Theatrical release poster
23. RealD Cinema – RealD 3D is a digital stereoscopic projection technology made and sold by RealD. It is currently the most widely used technology for watching 3D films in theatres, worldwide, RealD 3D is installed in more than 26,500 auditoriums by approximately 1,200 exhibitors in 72 countries as of June 2015. RealD 3D cinema technology is a polarized 3D system that uses circularly polarized light to produce stereoscopic image projection, the advantage of circular polarization over linear polarization is that viewers are able to tilt their head and look about the theater naturally without seeing double or darkened images. However, as other systems, any significant head tilt will result in incorrect parallax. The high-resolution, digital cinema grade video projector alternately projects right-eye frames and left-eye frames, the projector is either a Texas Instruments Digital Light Processing device or Sonys reflective LCOS. A push-pull electro-optical liquid crystal modulator called a ZScreen is placed immediately in front of the lens to alternately polarize each frame. It circularly polarizes the frames clockwise for the eye and counter-clockwise for the left eye. The audience wears circularly polarized glasses that have oppositely polarized lenses that ensures each eye sees only its designated frame, in RealD Cinema, each frame is projected three times to reduce flicker, a system called triple flash. The source video is produced at 24 frames per second per eye. A silver screen is used to maintain the light polarization upon reflection, the result is a 3D picture that seems to extend behind and in front of the screen itself. 3D systems for movies using polarized light cause a significant loss of brightness due to the inherent filter absorption. This results in less than 25% of the light reaching the eyes of the viewer. Conversely, in a standard 2D system, the only significant cause of loss is absorption by the white screen. RealD estimates the viewer sees about 35% of the light when viewing RealD 3D when compared to a similarly projected 2D image on a white screen. These glasses cannot be used as sunglasses despite their dark tint because their effect on nearby radiation can be somewhat different and this means they might not block such wavelengths at all. Such 3D glasses might have warnings on their packaging that they not work as sunglasses. Some viewers of 3D movies complain of headaches or nausea during or after viewing and these problems can be caused by the viewer tilting his or her head, making it harder for the brain to fuse the two images. It can also be caused by rapid transitions in the movie scenes of very different depthRealD Cinema – RealD glasses.
24. Documentary – A documentary film is a nonfictional motion picture intended to document some aspect of reality, primarily for the purposes of instruction, education, or maintaining a historical record. Documentary has been described as a practice, a cinematic tradition. Polish writer and filmmaker Bolesław Matuszewski was among those who identified the mode of documentary film and he wrote two of the earliest texts on cinema Une nouvelle source de lhistoire and La photographie animée. Both were published in 1898 in French and among the written works to consider the historical. Matuszewski is also among the first filmmakers to propose the creation of a Film Archive to collect, the American film critic Pare Lorentz defines a documentary film as a factual film which is dramatic. Others further state that a documentary stands out from the types of non-fiction films for providing an opinion. Documentary practice is the process of creating documentary projects. Documentary filmmaking can be used as a form of journalism, advocacy, early film was dominated by the novelty of showing an event. They were single-shot moments captured on film, a train entering a station and these short films were called actuality films, the term documentary was not coined until 1926. Many of the first films, such as made by Auguste and Louis Lumière, were a minute or less in length. Films showing many people were made for commercial reasons, the people being filmed were eager to see, for payment. One notable film clocked in at over an hour and a half, using pioneering film-looping technology, Enoch J. Rector presented the entirety of a famous 1897 prize-fight on cinema screens across the United States, in May 1896, Bolesław Matuszewski recorded on film few surigical operations in Warsaw and Saint Petersburg hospitals. In 1898, French surgeon Eugène-Louis Doyen invited Bolesław Matuszewski and Clément Maurice and they started in Paris a series of surgical films sometime before July 1898. Until 1906, the year of his last film, Doyen recorded more than 60 operations, Doyen said that his first films taught him how to correct professional errors he had been unaware of. These and five other of Doyens films survive, all these short films have been preserved. I must say I forgot those works and I am thankful to you that you reminded them to me, unfortunately, not many scientists have followed your way. Travelogue films were popular in the early part of the 20th centuryDocumentary – This 16 mm spring-wound Bolex "H16" Reflex camera is a popular entry level camera used in film schools.
25. Deadline.com – Deadline. com, official name Deadline Hollywood, and previously known as news blog Deadline Hollywood Daily, is an online magazine founded by Nikki Finke in 2006. Owned by Jay Penske since 2009, it is a brand of the Penske Media Corporation, the site is updated several times a day, with the infotainment industry as its focus. Finke began writing her LA Weekly column Deadline Hollywood in June 2002, in 2009, she sold DHD to Mail. com Media for a reported seven-figure payday, under an agreement by which she would hire an additional writer but remain the sites editor. In September 2009, the URL was changed to deadline. com, in November 2013, Finke left Deadline after a year-long disagreement between herself and Penske, who had bought Variety, a competing trade magazine and website. In 2010, Nikki Finke hired Variety reporter Mike Fleming Jr. Finke remained the editor of Deadline Hollywood, official website About Deadline. com at PMCDeadline.com – Deadline.com
26. Paramount Pictures – Paramount Pictures Corporation is an American film studio based in Hollywood, California, that has been a subsidiary of the American media conglomerate Viacom since 1994. In 1916, film producer Adolph Zukor contracted 22 actors and actresses and these fortunate few would become the first movie stars. Paramount Pictures is a member of the Motion Picture Association of America, in 2014, Paramount Pictures became the first major Hollywood studio to distribute all of its films in digital form only. Paramount is the fifth oldest surviving studio in the world after the French studios Gaumont Film Company and Pathé, followed by the Nordisk Film company. It is the last major film studio headquartered in the Hollywood district of Los Angeles. Paramount Pictures dates its existence from the 1912 founding date of the Famous Players Film Company, hungarian-born founder, Adolph Zukor, who had been an early investor in nickelodeons, saw that movies appealed mainly to working-class immigrants. With partners Daniel Frohman and Charles Frohman he planned to offer feature-length films that would appeal to the class by featuring the leading theatrical players of the time. By mid-1913, Famous Players had completed five films, and Zukor was on his way to success and its first film was Les Amours de la reine Élisabeth, which starred Sarah Bernhardt. That same year, another aspiring producer, Jesse L. Lasky, opened his Lasky Feature Play Company with money borrowed from his brother-in-law, Samuel Goldfish, the Lasky company hired as their first employee a stage director with virtually no film experience, Cecil B. DeMille, who would find a site in Hollywood, near Los Angeles, for his first feature film. Hodkinson and actor, director, producer Hobart Bosworth had started production of a series of Jack London movies, Paramount was the first successful nationwide distributor, until this time, films were sold on a statewide or regional basis which had proved costly to film producers. Also, Famous Players and Lasky were privately owned while Paramount was a corporation, in 1916, Zukor maneuvered a three-way merger of his Famous Players, the Lasky Company, and Paramount. Zukor and Lasky bought Hodkinson out of Paramount, and merged the three companies into one, with only the exhibitor-owned First National as a rival, Famous Players-Lasky and its Paramount Pictures soon dominated the business. It was this system that gave Paramount a leading position in the 1920s and 1930s, the driving force behind Paramounts rise was Zukor. In 1926, Zukor hired independent producer B. P. Schulberg and they purchased the Robert Brunton Studios, a 26-acre facility at 5451 Marathon Street for US$1 million. In 1927, Famous Players-Lasky took the name Paramount Famous Lasky Corporation, three years later, because of the importance of the Publix Theatres, it became Paramount Publix Corporation. In 1928, Paramount began releasing Inkwell Imps, animated cartoons produced by Max, the Fleischers, veterans in the animation industry, were among the few animation producers capable of challenging the prominence of Walt Disney. The Paramount newsreel series Paramount News ran from 1927 to 1957, Paramount was also one of the first Hollywood studios to release what were known at that time as talkies, and in 1929, released their first musical, Innocents of ParisParamount Pictures – Logo used as of 2012
27. Academy Award – The various category winners are awarded a copy of a golden statuette, officially called the Academy Award of Merit, which has become commonly known by its nickname Oscar. The awards, first presented in 1929 at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, are overseen by AMPAS, the awards ceremony was first broadcast on radio in 1930 and televised for the first time in 1953. It is now live in more than 200 countries and can be streamed live online. The Academy Awards ceremony is the oldest worldwide entertainment awards ceremony and its equivalents – the Emmy Awards for television, the Tony Awards for theater, and the Grammy Awards for music and recording – are modeled after the Academy Awards. The 89th Academy Awards ceremony, honoring the best films of 2016, were held on February 26,2017, at the Dolby Theatre, in Los Angeles, the ceremony was hosted by Jimmy Kimmel and was broadcast on ABC. A total of 3,048 Oscars have been awarded from the inception of the award through the 88th, the first Academy Awards presentation was held on May 16,1929, at a private dinner function at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel with an audience of about 270 people. The post-awards party was held at the Mayfair Hotel, the cost of guest tickets for that nights ceremony was $5. Fifteen statuettes were awarded, honoring artists, directors and other participants in the industry of the time. The ceremony ran for 15 minutes, winners were announced to media three months earlier, however, that was changed for the second ceremony in 1930. Since then, for the rest of the first decade, the results were given to newspapers for publication at 11,00 pm on the night of the awards. The first Best Actor awarded was Emil Jannings, for his performances in The Last Command and he had to return to Europe before the ceremony, so the Academy agreed to give him the prize earlier, this made him the first Academy Award winner in history. With the fourth ceremony, however, the system changed, for the first six ceremonies, the eligibility period spanned two calendar years. At the 29th ceremony, held on March 27,1957, until then, foreign-language films had been honored with the Special Achievement Award. The 74th Academy Awards, held in 2002, presented the first Academy Award for Best Animated Feature, since 1973, all Academy Awards ceremonies always end with the Academy Award for Best Picture. The Academy also awards Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting, see also § Awards of Merit categories The best known award is the Academy Award of Merit, more popularly known as the Oscar statuette. The five spokes represent the branches of the Academy, Actors, Writers, Directors, Producers. The model for the statuette is said to be Mexican actor Emilio El Indio Fernández, sculptor George Stanley sculpted Cedric Gibbons design. The statuettes presented at the ceremonies were gold-plated solid bronzeAcademy Award – Academy Awards
28. Davis Guggenheim – Philip Davis Guggenheim is an American film and television director and producer. His credits include NYPD Blue, ER,24, Alias, The Shield, Deadwood, since 2006, Guggenheim is the only filmmaker to release three different documentaries that were ranked within the top 100 highest-grossing documentaries of all time. He was born Philip Davis Guggenheim in St. Louis, Missouri, United States and his father was Jewish and his mother was Episcopalian. He graduated from the Potomac School, from Sidwell Friends School, Guggenheim joined the HBO Western drama Deadwood as a producer and director for the first season in 2004. The series was created by David Milch and focused on a town in the American West. Guggenheim directed the episodes Deep Water, Reconnoitering the Rim, Plague, Guggenheim left the crew at the end of Season 1. The pilot episode of The Unit was directed by Guggenheim, the documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, was produced and directed by Davis Guggenheim. An Inconvenient Truth won the Academy Award in 2007 for Best Documentary Feature, the film, released in 2006, featured Former U. S. Vice President Al Gore and his international slideshow on global warming, guggenheims goal was to shine a bright light a subject that critics brushed off as nothing more than an exaggeration or a hoax. Then-Candidate for President Barack Obamas biographical film, which aired during the Democratic National Convention in August 2008, was directed by Guggenheim. The Guggenheim-directed Obama infomercial, which was broadcast on October 29,2008, was executed with high standards of cinematography, in 2012, he released The Road Weve Traveled, a 17-minute short film on the president. Davis Guggenheim directed and was a producer of the 2009 pilot for Melrose Place. His brother-in-law Andrew Shue starred on the 1990s version of the series, in 2008, he released It Might Get Loud, a documentary that glimpses into the lives of guitarists Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White. Guggenheims 2010 documentary Waiting for Superman, a film about the failures of American public education sparked controversy, Guggenheim knew his film would lead to this and said, I know people will say this movie is anti-this or pro-that. But it really is all about trying to find great schools. This film received the Audience Award for best documentary at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival and its public release was in September 2010. A documentary film about the band U2 directed by Guggenheim titled From the Sky Down opened the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival in September, in 2013, he directed a 30-minute documentary The Dream is Now. It tells the stories of undocumented youth and their families who are desperate to earn their citizenship in the country theyve ever called homeDavis Guggenheim – Davis Guggenheim
29. Island Def Jam – The Island Def Jam Music Group was an American record label group formed in 1998 by combining the operations of 14+ record labels including Island Records, Def Jam Recordings, and Mercury Records. In 2011, Motown Records was split from The Universal/Motown Records Group, on April 1,2014, Universal Music announced that Island Def Jams operations would be split between three entities, Island Records, Motown Records, and Def Jam Recordings. Despite being a new organization, Island Def Jam quickly made a name for itself in the music industry, the label gained notoriety for its untraditional and innovative approach when it came to breaking new artists, creating joint ventures, acquisitions, internet marketing, etc. IDJ had a great A&R team that oversaw chart-topping talent such as Jay-Z, Bon Jovi, DMX, Elton John and these savvy business moves are the reason IDJ prospered. In 2000, IDJMG announced that they would be launching Def Jam Germany and this move expanded urban music into a global phenomenon. In 2001, Island Def Jam created a label, Lost Highway Records. The label operated as an imprint of IDJs Mercury Records division, in Summer 2001, Island Def Jam acquired a controlling interest in the legendary rock label, Roadrunner Records. In December 2004, Island Def Jam acquired the remaining 50% interest in Roc-A-Fella Records, in 2011, Motown Records became an imprint of The Island Def Jam Music Group. In April 2014, UMG announced that Island Def Jam would cease to exist, IDJs operations were split up/separated between its flagship labels, Island Records, Def Jam Recordings, and Motown Records. Today, The Island Def Jam Music Group continues to one of the most impressive music catalogues in history. Chocolate City Records Artium Recordings Desert Storm Records Disturbing Tha Peace GOOD Music Radio Killa Records The IncIsland Def Jam – The Island Def Jam Music Group
30. Twitter – Twitter is an online news and social networking service where users post and interact with messages, tweets, restricted to 140 characters. Registered users can post tweets, but those who are unregistered can only read them, users access Twitter through its website interface, SMS or a mobile device app. Twitter Inc. is based in San Francisco, California, United States, Twitter was created in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams and launched in July. The service rapidly gained worldwide popularity, in 2012, more than 100 million users posted 340 million tweets a day, and the service handled an average of 1.6 billion search queries per day. In 2013, it was one of the ten most-visited websites and has described as the SMS of the Internet. As of 2016, Twitter had more than 319 million monthly active users. On the day of the 2016 U. S. presidential election, Twitter proved to be the largest source of breaking news, Twitters origins lie in a daylong brainstorming session held by board members of the podcasting company Odeo. Jack Dorsey, then a student at New York University. The original project name for the service was twttr, an idea that Williams later ascribed to Noah Glass, inspired by Flickr. The developers initially considered 10958 as a code, but later changed it to 40404 for ease of use. Work on the project started on March 21,2006, when Dorsey published the first Twitter message at 9,50 PM Pacific Standard Time, Dorsey has explained the origin of the Twitter title. we came across the word twitter, and it was just perfect. The definition was a short burst of inconsequential information, and chirps from birds, and thats exactly what the product was. The first Twitter prototype, developed by Dorsey and contractor Florian Weber, was used as a service for Odeo employees. Williams fired Glass, who was silent about his part in Twitters startup until 2011, Twitter spun off into its own company in April 2007. Williams provided insight into the ambiguity that defined this early period in a 2013 interview, With Twitter and they called it a social network, they called it microblogging, but it was hard to define, because it didnt replace anything. There was this path of discovery with something like that, where over time you figure out what it is, Twitter actually changed from what we thought it was in the beginning, which we described as status updates and a social utility. It is that, in part, but the insight we eventually came to was Twitter was really more of an information network than it is a social network, the tipping point for Twitters popularity was the 2007 South by Southwest Interactive conference. During the event, Twitter usage increased from 20,000 tweets per day to 60,000, the Twitter people cleverly placed two 60-inch plasma screens in the conference hallways, exclusively streaming Twitter messages, remarked Newsweeks Steven LevyTwitter – A blueprint sketch, c. 2006, by Jack Dorsey, envisioning an SMS -based social network.
31. Madison Square Garden – Madison Square Garden, often called MSG or simply The Garden, is a multi-purpose indoor arena in the New York City borough of Manhattan. Located in Midtown Manhattan between 7th and 8th Avenues from 31st to 33rd Streets, it is situated atop Pennsylvania Station. The Garden is used for basketball and ice hockey, as well as boxing, concerts, ice shows, circuses, professional wrestling and other forms of sports. It is close to other midtown Manhattan landmarks, including the Empire State Building, Koreatown and it is home to the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League, the New York Knicks of the National Basketball Association, and residency to singer-songwriter Billy Joel. The Garden opened on February 11,1968, and is the oldest major sporting facility in the New York metropolitan area and it is the oldest arena in the National Hockey League and the second-oldest arena in the National Basketball Association. MSG is the fourth-busiest music arena in the world in terms of sales, behind The O2 Arena. At a total construction cost of approximately $1.1 billion and it is part of the Pennsylvania Plaza office and retail complex. Several other operating entities related to the Garden share its name, Madison Square is formed by the intersection of 5th Avenue and Broadway at 23rd Street in Manhattan. It was named after James Madison, fourth President of the United States, two venues called Madison Square Garden were located just northeast of the square, the first from 1879 to 1890, and the second from 1890 to 1925. The first Garden, leased to P. T. Barnum, had no roof and was inconvenient to use during inclement weather, Madison Square Garden II was designed by noted architect Stanford White. The new building was built by a syndicate which included J. P. Morgan, Andrew Carnegie, P. T. Barnum, Darius Mills, James Stillman and W. W. Astor. It was 200 feet by 485 feet, and the main hall and it had a 1, 200-seat theatre, a concert hall with a capacity of 1,500, the largest restaurant in the city and a roof garden cabaret. A third Madison Square Garden opened in a new location, on 8th Avenue between 49th and 50th Streets, from 1925 to 1968, groundbreaking on the third Madison Square Garden took place on January 9,1925. Designed by the theater architect Thomas W. Lamb, it was built at the cost of $4.75 million in 249 days by boxing promoter Tex Rickard. The arena was 200 feet by 375 feet, with seating on three levels, and a capacity of 18,496 spectators for boxing. Demolition commenced in 1968 after the opening of the current Garden and it finished up in early 1969, and the site is now where One Worldwide Plaza is located. The new structure was one of the first of its kind to be built above the platforms of a railroad station. It was an engineering feat constructed by Robert E. McKee of El Paso, public outcry over the demolition of the Pennsylvania Station structure—an outstanding example of Beaux-Arts architecture—led to the creation of the New York City Landmarks Preservation CommissionMadison Square Garden – The Eighth Avenue facade of Madison Square Garden in August 2009
32. Walmart – Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. doing business as Walmart, is an American multinational retailing corporation that operates as a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores. Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, the company was founded by Sam Walton in 1962, as of January 31,2017, Walmart has 11,695 stores and clubs in 28 countries, under a total of 63 banners. The company operates under the name Walmart in the United States and it operates as Walmart de México y Centroamérica in Mexico and Central America, as Asda in the United Kingdom, as the Seiyu Group in Japan, and as Best Price in India. It has wholly owned operations in Argentina, Brazil, and Canada and it also owns and operates the Sams Club retail warehouses. Walmart is the worlds largest company by revenue, according to the Fortune Global 500 list in 2016 and it is a family-owned business, as the company is controlled by the Walton family. Sam Waltons heirs own over 50 percent of Walmart through their company, Walton Enterprises. Walmart is also one of the worlds most valuable companies by market value, in 2016,62.3 percent of Walmarts US$478.614 billion sales came from its U. S. operations. The company was listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 1972, by 1988, Walmart was the most profitable retailer in the U. S. and by October 1989, it had become the largest in terms of revenue. A Walmart in York, Pennsylvania opened in October 1990, bringing the store to the Northeast. In 1945, a businessman and a former J. C. Penney employee, Sam Walton and his primary focus was on selling products at low prices to get higher-volume sales at a lower profit margin, portraying it as a crusade for the consumer. He experienced setbacks, because the price and branch purchase were unusually high. He passed on the savings in the product pricing, sales increased 45 percent in his first year of ownership to US$105,000 in revenue, which increased to US$140,000 the next year and US$175,000 the year after that. Within the fifth year, the store was generating US$250,000 in revenue, when the lease for the location expired, Walton was unable to reach an agreement for renewal, so he opened up a new store at 105 N. Main Street in Bentonville, naming it Waltons Five and Dime and that store is now the Walmart Museum. On July 2,1962, Walton opened the first Walmart Discount City store at 719 W. Walnut Street in Rogers, within its first five years, the company expanded to 24 stores across Arkansas and reached US$12.6 million in sales. In 1968, it opened its first stores outside Arkansas, in Sikeston, Missouri and Claremore, the company was incorporated as Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. on October 31,1969. In 1970, it opened its office and first distribution center in Bentonville. It had 38 stores operating with 1,500 employees and sales of US$44.2 million and it began trading stock as a publicly held company on October 1,1970, and was soon listed on the New York Stock ExchangeWalmart – Walmart headquarters building
33. Acoustic music – Acoustic music is music that solely or primarily uses instruments that produce sound through acoustic means, as opposed to electric or electronic means. The retronym acoustic music appeared after the advent of electric instruments, such as the guitar, electric violin, electric organ. It has its origins in the music of the 1960s. The trend has also dubbed as acoustic rock in some cases. Navigating the Music Industry, Current Issues & Business Models, Music and the Modern Condition, Investigating the BoundariesAcoustic music – A Spanish guitar
34. Pray (Justin Bieber song) – Pray is a song performed by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. The song was written by Bieber along with Omar Martinez and Adam Messinger and Nasri of The Messengers, the song is taken as a single in several European countries from his first compilation album, My Worlds, The Collection. In the United States and Canada, the song is included on My Worlds Acoustic, according to Bieber, he was inspired by Michael Jacksons Man in the Mirror when writing the song. The song is a contemporary Christian song, while deriving from pop and R&B influences and it primarily features acoustic instruments, however does make small usages of electronic sounds. Pray received generally positive reviews, with critics appreciating the message portrayed in the song and it reached the lower half on the singles charts in Germany and Austria, and charted in several regions where it was not released as a single such as the United States and Australia. The songs music video premiered on Facebook on December 11,2010, the video, which also has religious undertones, features clips of places affected by natural disasters, sick children, possessed homes, and more, which are intercut with Bieber performing. Bieber debuted and performed the song on the American Music Awards, Pray was written by Omar Martinez and Adam Messinger and Nasri Atweh of The Messengers. It definitely comes from the heart, I definitely thought of Michael Man in the Mirror when I was writing it. The song was released as a CD single in Germany on December 3,2010, Pray is a mid-tempo song that uses a world-music beat as a backing. According to the music published at Musicnotes. com by Universal Music Group. It is composed in the key of B major with Biebers vocal range spanning from the low-note of F♯3 to the high-note of B4, the song follows in the chord progression of B/G♯–B/F♯–E–B. Present throughout the background is the use of violins and a choir, as well as guitar, string instruments, congas. However it does make use of synths and electronic sounds. Musically and lyrically, it is influenced by Contemporary Christian music, and has a gospel feel, while including standard pop and R&B. The song opens with Bieber singing, And I pray over a keyboard, while the chorus repeats one simple refrain, I close my eyes and I can see a better day/ I close my eyes. Vocally, Biebers vocals are sung in a lower key compared to previous singles, referring to the song as a junior varsity take on Man in the Mirror, Allison Stewart of Washington Post said as an indicator of the Biebs awakening social consciousness, its a good start. Lucy Jones of The Daily Telegraph noted the song as a download from the album. Dan Savoie of Rockstar Weekly said the song is a more advanced lyric and shows a more side to the young singerPray (Justin Bieber song) – "Pray"
35. Auto-tune – Auto-Tune is an audio processor created by Antares Audio Technologies which uses a proprietary device to measure and alter pitch in vocal and instrumental music recording and performances. It was originally intended to disguise or correct off-key inaccuracies, allowing vocal tracks to be perfectly tuned despite originally being slightly off-key, the processor slightly shifts pitches to the nearest true semitone. Auto-Tune can also be used as an effect to distort the voice when pitch is raised or lowered significantly, such that the voice is heard to leap from note to note stepwise. Auto-Tune is available as a plug-in for professional audio multi-tracking suites used in a setting and as a stand-alone. Auto-Tune has become standard equipment in professional recording studios, instruments like the Peavey AT-200 guitar are seamlessly using the Auto Tune technology for real time pitch correction. Auto-Tune was initially created by Andy Hildebrand, an engineer working for Exxon, Hildebrand developed methods for interpreting seismic data and subsequently realized that the technology could be used to detect, analyze, and modify the pitch in audio files. The earliest commercial use of Auto-Tune as an effect in a popular song was Kid Rocks Only God Knows Why in 1998 and later on in Chers Believe. The effect is not to be confused with a vocoder or the talk box, devices referenced by producers of these songs when they were new to hide their use of Auto-Tune from music audiences. For example, in an interview, the producers of Believe claimed they had used a DigiTech Talker FX pedal. After the success of Believe the technique known as the Cher Effect. Originally, Auto-Tune was designed to discreetly correct imprecise intonations, and this technique soon became a widespread technique used in live performances and in pop recordings throughout the first ten years of the 21st century. According to Chris Lee of the Los Angeles Times, Believe is widely credited with injecting Auto-Tunes mechanical modulations into pop consciousness, in the year 2000, the single Naive Song performed by Mirwais Ahmadzai from his album Production is the first ever track using Auto-Tune on the complete vocals. The use of Auto-Tune as an effect was bolstered in the late 2000s by hip hop/R&B recording artist T-Pain who elaborated on the effect. He cites new jack swing producer Teddy Riley and funk artist Roger Troutmans use of the Talk Box as inspirations for his own use of Auto-Tune, T-Pain became so associated with Auto-Tune that he has an iPhone App named after him that simulates the effect, called I Am T-Pain. Auto-Tune has since used in other hip hop/R&B artists works, including Snoop Doggs single Sexual Eruption, Lil Waynes Lollipop. The effect has become popular in raï music and other genres from Northern Africa. According to the Boston Herald, country stars Faith Hill, Shania Twain, however, other country music singers, such as Allison Moorer, Trisha Yearwood, Vince Gill, Garth Brooks and Martina McBride, have refused to use Auto-Tune. At the 51st Grammy Awards in early 2009, the band Death Cab for Cutie made an appearance wearing blue ribbons to protest the use of Auto-Tune in the music industryAuto-tune – Auto-Tune running on GarageBand
36. One Less Lonely Girl – One Less Lonely Girl is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. The song was written and produced by Biebers mentor, Usher, as well as Ezekiel Lewis, Balewa Muhammad of The Clutch, the song was positively received, with critics commending the songs delivery and comparing it to pop-R&B songs by Chris Brown and Rihanna. It was a success in the United States and Canada, Biebers highest peaks in the countries at sixteen and ten, respectively and it also charted in the Belgium tip chart and in Germany within the top thirty, and also charted in Austria, Australia, and United Kingdom. The music video features Bieber attracted to a girl he sees in the laundromat, Bieber has performed the song in a number of live appearances including the Fearless Tour, The Next Star, and Dick Clarks New Years Rockin Eve with Ryan Seacrest. A remix of I Love College by label mate, Asher Roth, One Less Lonely Girl was released digitally on the iTunes Store on October 6,2009. Crystal Bell of Billboard gave the song a positive review stating much as he did on his debut single, One Time. Im gonna put you first, Ill show you what youre worth/If you let me inside your world, the stump speech is hard to resist, especially when set to an arrangement that follows the lineage of hit midtempo ballads With You, and Irreplaceable. Although the lyrics are generic, Biebers smooth delivery is right on point, jon Caramanica of The New York Times called the song along with Down to Earth, uncomplicatedly beautiful and earnest. Andy Kellman of Allmusic listed the song as one of his tracks from the album. In the U. S. the single had 113,000 downloads in its first week, Bieber scored the second highest debut of the week, only being surpassed by 3 by Britney Spears. Due to the impact of radio in the U. S. the song entered at thirty-six on the Billboard Pop Songs on the week ending December 12,2009. It dropped the week on the Hot 100, but rose to thirty-two on the Pop Songs. The single peaked at twenty-one on the pop chart, due to increased airplay and digital sales of My World, on the week ending January 9,2010, the song rose thirty positions from sixty to thirty on the Hot 100. As of February 2011, the single has sold over 1,025,000 digital copies in the United States, the song debuted at number ten on the Canadian Hot 100 on the issue dated October 24,2009. It debuted in Austria at number fifty-four, where it peaked and it debuted on the Belgian Tip Chart in Flanders at number twenty-five, where it peaked, and remained for two weeks. It debuted in Germany at number twenty-two, where it peaked, the song also peaked at eighty-two in Australia and sixty-two in the United Kingdom. The video premiered on perezhilton. com on October 9,2009 and it later premiered on Biebers official site and YouTube on October 13,2009, Biebers mother, Pattie Mallette, makes a cameo during the flower stand scene in the music video. While filming the video, Bieber joked and said, It’s like the biggest town I’ve ever been inOne Less Lonely Girl – "One Less Lonely Girl"
37. ITunes Store – ITunes Store is a software-based online digital media store operated by Apple Inc. It opened on April 28,2003, and has been the largest music vendor in the United States since April 2008, and the largest music vendor in the world since February 2010. It offers over 35 -40 million songs,2.2 million apps,25,000 TV shows, iTunes Stores revenues in the first quarter of 2011 totaled nearly US$1.4 billion, by May 28,2014, the store had sold 35 billion songs worldwide. On January 6,2009, Apple announced that DRM had been removed from 80% of its catalog in the US. As of June 2013, iTunes Store possesses 575 million active user accounts, before iTunes Store, most of the online music was download through websites like Napster. Steve Jobs expressed concern that people were illegally obtaining music because it was the option they had. In 2002, Steve Jobs made an agreement with the five major record labels to offer their content through iTunes, iTunes Store was introduced by Steve Jobs at a Worldwide Developers Conference to give music listeners a legal alternative to peer-to-peer file sharing networks. When it opened, it was the only legal digital catalog of music to songs from all five major record labels. At first, it was available on Mac OS X. Following the introduction of iTunes Store, individual songs were all sold for the same price, Music in the store is in the Advanced Audio Coding format, which is the MPEG-4-specified successor to MP3. Originally, songs were available with DRM and were encoded at 128 kbit/s. At the January 2009 Macworld Expo, Apple announced that all music would be made available without DRM. Previously, this model, known as iTunes Plus, had available only for music from EMI. Users can sample songs by listening to previews, ninety seconds in length, some Apps cost money and some are free. Developers can decide which prices they want to charge for apps, from a pre-set list of pricing tiers, when someone downloads an App,70 percent of the purchase goes to the developer, and 30 percent goes to Apple. At the Macworld 2008 keynote, Steve Jobs, who was Apples CEO at the time, movies are available for rent in iTunes Store on the same day they are released on DVD, though iTunes Store also offers for rental some movies that are still in theaters. Movie rentals are only viewable for 24 hours or 48 hours after users begin viewing them, iTunes Store also offers one low-priced movie rental a week, in the United States, this rental costs 99 cents. Movie rentals are not yet available in all countries but it is available in the United States, Mexico, there is a weekly promotion in which one to three songs are available to download for free to logged-in usersITunes Store – Sales of iTunes songs, 2003—2010.
38. My World (Justin Bieber album) – My World is the debut extended play by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It was released on 17 November 2009, by Island Records, the album is considered the first half of a two-piece project, later being supplemented by his debut studio album My World 2.0. Its music incorporates pop and R&B styles, and lyrically discusses teen romance, upon its release, My World received generally favorable reviews from music critics, who complimented its production. It debuted at six on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 137,000 copies. In doing so, it became the release for a new artist in 2009, though it was topped the following week by I Dreamed a Dream by Susan Boyle. Upon the release of My World 2.0 in March 2010, Less than two months after its release, the record was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America for sales exceeding one million copies. Internationally, the extended play attained similar success and it debuted atop the Canadian Albums Chart, where it was later certified double platinum. It additionally attained double platinum recognition in the United Kingdom, two singles were released from My World, both of which became international successes. Its lead single One Time reached the top twenty in five countries singles charts, while its follow-up One Less Lonely Girl peaked within the top ten in Canada, the promotional singles Love Me and Favorite Girl peaked in the top forty of the US Billboard Hot 100. The project was promoted through television appearances and the My World Tour in 2010. On February 12,2016, the EP was released on vinyl for the first time, Bieber first began his career through YouTube, posting videos of his performances in singing competitions for family members who could not attend. As his popularity on the website grew, he was discovered by his eventual manager Scooter Braun and he provided him with an audition for L. A. Reid of Island Records, and signed a recording contract in October 2008. In April 2009, after recording his debut single One Time, Usher described Bieber as a phenomenon and definitely a priority for me. Bieber later described the title as the only way could really describe it. When recording My World, Bieber expressed a desire to grow as an artist and have fans grow with, musically, the project incorporates pop and R&B styles, similar to the catalogs of Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Chris Brown, Usher, and Ne-Yo. Entertainment Weekly described the record as featuring sugary puppy-love ballads and dinky dance-pop confections, Bieber looked to address a variety of lyrical themes, which he described as songs that teens can relate to and just stuff that happens in everyday life. The introductory track One Time discusses an admiration of a female, Favorite Girl shares a similar sentiment, describing the object of his affection as his prized possession. The ballad Down to Earth was inspired by the divorce of Biebers parents, Bigger details an aspiration to work past the difficulties a relationship experiencesMy World (Justin Bieber album) – Bieber performing in Bogor, Indonesia during his My World Tour, 2010.
39. Pop music – Pop music is a genre of popular music that originated in its modern form in the United States and United Kingdom during the mid 1950s. The terms popular music and pop music are used interchangeably, although the former describes all music that is popular. Pop and rock were synonymous terms until the late 1960s, when they were used in opposition from each other. Although pop music is seen as just the singles charts, it is not the sum of all chart music. Pop music is eclectic, and often borrows elements from other such as urban, dance, rock, Latin. Identifying factors include generally short to medium-length songs written in a format, as well as the common use of repeated choruses, melodic tunes. David Hatch and Stephen Millward define pop music as a body of music which is distinguishable from popular, jazz, according to Pete Seeger, pop music is professional music which draws upon both folk music and fine arts music. Although pop music is seen as just the singles charts, it is not the sum of all chart music, the music charts contain songs from a variety of sources, including classical, jazz, rock, and novelty songs. Pop music, as a genre, is seen as existing and developing separately, pop music continuously evolves along with the terms definition. The term pop song was first recorded as being used in 1926, Hatch and Millward indicate that many events in the history of recording in the 1920s can be seen as the birth of the modern pop music industry, including in country, blues and hillbilly music. The Oxford Dictionary of Music states that while pops earlier meaning meant concerts appealing to a wide audience. Since the late 1950s, however, pop has had the meaning of non-classical mus, usually in the form of songs, performed by such artists as the Beatles. Grove Music Online also states that, in the early 1960s pop music competed terminologically with beat music, while in the USA its coverage overlapped with that of rock and roll. From about 1967, the term was used in opposition to the term rock music. Whereas rock aspired to authenticity and an expansion of the possibilities of music, pop was more commercial, ephemeral. It is not driven by any significant ambition except profit and commercial reward, and, in musical terms, it is essentially conservative. It is, provided from on high rather than being made from below, pop is not a do-it-yourself music but is professionally produced and packaged. The beat and the melodies tend to be simple, with limited harmonic accompaniment, the lyrics of modern pop songs typically focus on simple themes – often love and romantic relationships – although there are notable exceptionsPop music – The Oxford Dictionary of Music states that the term "pop" refers to music performed by such artists as the Rolling Stones (pictured here in a 2006 performance)
40. Chris Brown (American singer) – Christopher Maurice Chris Brown is an American singer, songwriter, and dancer. Born in Tappahannock, Virginia, he was involved in his church choir, having signed with Jive Records in 2004, Brown released his self-titled debut studio album the following year. It peaked at two on the US Billboard 200 and was later certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. With his first single Run It, peaking atop the US Billboard Hot 100, Brown became the first male artist as a lead since Diddy in 1997 to have his debut single top the chart. His second album Exclusive spawned his second Hot 100 number one Kiss Kiss, in addition to With You, the album was also certified double platinum by the RIAA. The songs have peaked at three, number nine and number ten on the US Billboard Hot 100 respectively. His third album Graffiti was released later that year, and included the top-twenty single I Can Transform Ya, became his first to top the Billboard 200, it spawned the singles Yeah 3x, Look at Me Now, and Beautiful People. Earned Brown his first Grammy Award for Best R&B Album at the 54th Grammy Awards and his fifth album Fortune was released in 2012. However, after the release of Exclusive, Browns albums have not been well received commercially or by critics, with the exception of X. Browns seventh studio album Royalty was released on December 18,2015, apart from his work in the music industry, Brown has pursued an acting career. In 2007, he made his feature film debut in Stomp the Yard. Other films Brown has appeared in, include This Christmas, Takers, Think Like a Man, throughout his career, Brown has won several awards, including 14 BET Awards,5 Billboard Music Awards, and 3 Soul Train Music Awards. According to Billboard, Brown has the seventh most Hot 100 entries on the chart with 82 and he has an older sister, Lytrell Bundy, who works in a bank. Music was always present in Browns life beginning in his childhood and he would listen to soul albums that his parents owned, and eventually began to show interest in the hip-hop scene. He is African American, and has said that he has Pamunkey Native American ancestry. Brown taught himself to sing and dance at a young age and he began to perform in his church choir and in several local talent shows. When he mimicked an Usher performance of My Way, his mother recognized his vocal talent, at the same time, Brown was going through personal issues. His parents had divorced, and his mothers boyfriend terrified him by subjecting her to domestic violence, at age 13, Brown was discovered by Hitmission Records, a local production team that visited his fathers gas station while searching for new talentChris Brown (American singer) – Brown performing at Supafest Australia, April 2012
41. Fearless Tour – The Fearless Tour was the debut concert tour by American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift. Also referred to as the Fearless Tour 2009 and the Fearless Tour 2010, on the tour, she was joined by guests Kellie Pickler and Gloriana. Teen singer Justin Bieber joined her as an act for the tour when she went to England in November 2009. During the tour, Swift performed with such as John Mayer, Katy Perry. It grossed $63,705,590 from 89 reported shows, Swift also played several dates in the UK and Australia, including two shows at the Shepherds Bush Empire in London. Also, in the midst of her own tour, Swift began opening shows in cities for Keith Urban on his Escape Together World Tour 2009. The tour was announced on January 29,2009, via her official website, the initial press release announced that Swift would visit 54 cities in 39 states and provinces in the United States and Canada. Joining her on the tour would be a new music group, Gloriana, as well as former American Idol contestant. The tour kicked off in Evansville, Indiana on April 23,2009 at Roberts Municipal Stadium. In honor of the kickoff of the tour, Swift was presented the key to the city of Evansville. The tour featured a presentation of graphics, sets and visual elements all designed by Swift. The show runs nearly 90 minutes and showcases Swift playing five different guitars as well as the piano, the show featured multiple costume changes and a fairy-tale castle illuminated by more than a million lumens of light. In late June, a new date was announced for November 23 at the Wembley Arena in London. However it become apparent that neither Kellie Pickler nor Gloriana would be joining her on the UK part of the tour, Taylor Swift announced another date in the UK at the Manchester Evening News Arena on November 24. This was the final and second tour date in the UK, the shows at Wembley and Manchester will be the only two concerts for the Fearless Tour in Europe. It was announced later that singer Justin Bieber would join Swift on the two UK dates, while performing at Wembley Arena, Bieber broke his foot while he performed the opening lines of One Time, but still finished the song. Despite his injury, Bieber confirmed that he would perform in Manchester with Swift the following day. Bieber then went on to perform at the Manchester performance with an encore, following a 10-minute applause after she had sung Tim McGraw, Swift told the Manchester audience Everytime I hear the word Manchester, I wont be able to stop smiling. I love youFearless Tour – Swift performing "Tim McGraw" during the Fearless Tour in 2009
42. The Next Star – The Next Star is a Canadian reality television show on YTV hosted by Adamo Ruggiero and Carlos Bustamante. The show is a competition to find the most talented singer in Canada who is aged 15 years or younger to win, winning contestants are Dunnery Bond, Tianda Flegal, Diego Gomes, Melissa Charlie Storwick, Brooklyn Roebuck, Alicia Moffet and Jory Zechner. In addition to host Adamo Ruggiero, the judges for the first 4 seasons included Suzie McNeil, Steve Cranwell, the current judges are Keshia Chante, Mark Spicoluk, and Tara Oram. Season 5 aired on YTV from July 16 to September 23,2012, the stylists and coaches are Jasmine Denham-Baird, Michael Riccio, Peter Papapetrou, and Dee Daly. As of season 6, Carlos Bustamante is replacing the former host, Adamo Ruggiero. On September 22,2013, YTV announced that The Next Star was getting a show, entitled. It will be about groups of singers performing, the very first episode premiered March 11,2014. The season one finale premiered April 13,2014, on March 5,2014, the shows Facebook page confirmed that The Next Star will continue onto season seven and premiered on July 14 to September 21,2014. Season 7 has Dan Kanter replacing Keshia Chante as a judge and these were the top 100 contestants of season one. It was soon announced that 11-year-old Charlotte Kosc had been diagnosed with meningitis and pneumonia in her right lung. Amanda Rowland was selected as a replacement, the first three episodes consisted of auditions and narrowing the top 12 down to 6 finalists. The second season of The Next Star, Suzie McNeil, Steve Cranwell and Christopher Ward all returned as judges, and Adamo Ruggiero returned as host. This seasons format is similar to the previous one, with the judges. But, unlike Season 1, the judges chose 16 contestants to move on to the semi-finals, the winner received a grand prize package valued at over $6 million Canadian dollars including studio time at Metalworks Studios, to write and record two additional songs. These songs were produced by Universal Canada, and released in spring 2010, combo Amp courtesy of Gibson Guitars. The seasons compilation EP was released in October 2009, the Top 6 was revealed to Canada on August 7,2009. The Next Star returns with a third season, Host Adamo Ruggiero, Judges Suzie McNeil, Steve Cranwell, and Christopher Ward. This contains the first Christmas themed episode, the song was All I Want For Christmas Is YouThe Next Star – The current logo
43. The Vampire Diaries – The Vampire Diaries is an American supernatural drama television series developed by Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec, based on the popular book series of the same name written by L. J. Smith. The series premiered on The CW on September 10,2009 and concluded on March 10,2017, the pilot episode attracted the largest audience for The CW of any series premiere since the network began in 2006. The first season averaged 3.60 million viewers and it was the most-watched series on the network before being supplanted by Arrow. The show has received award nominations, winning four Peoples Choice Award. On April 6,2015, lead actress Nina Dobrev confirmed via Instagram that she, Dobrev returned to record a voiceover for the seventh season finale. Trevino appeared as a guest star in seven and returned for season 8. On March 11,2016, The CW renewed the series for a season, but on July 23,2016, announced that the eighth season. The final season airing on October 21,2016. The series is set in the town of Mystic Falls, Virginia. It follows the life of Elena Gilbert, a girl who has just lost both parents in a car accident, as she falls in love with a 162-year-old vampire named Stefan Salvatore. Both brothers protect Elena as they face various villains and threats to their town, the brothers history and the towns mythology are revealed through flashbacks as the series goes on. The towns politics are orchestrated by descendants of the founding families. The founding families of Mystic Falls includes the Salvatores, the Gilberts, the Fells, the Forbes, and they guard the town mainly from vampires, although there are many more supernatural threats such as werewolves, witches, hybrids, ghosts and many more. This results in her being drawn into the world, with the show following her struggles in surviving supernatural events in the town. Dobrev also portrays Elenas doppelgänger, Katerina Petrova also known as Katherine Pierce, Katherine sporadically appeared in subsequent seasons and played a significant role in the fifth season. Dobrev has also played the Original doppelgänger, Silas true love known as Amara during the fifth season, Dobrev also played another Doppelgänger Tatia in The Originals season 2 episode Red Door. In the season 6 finale, Elenas life was tied to Bonnies in such a way that as long as Bonnie is alive Elena will remain asleep. Damon put Elena in a coffin and had Tyler hide her in a warehouse in Brooklyn for the next 60 years or so while he waits to reunite with herThe Vampire Diaries – Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev and Paul Wesley at PaleyFest 2014
44. Katerina Graham – Katerina Alexandre Hartford Kat Graham is a Swiss-born American actress, model, singer and dancer. Her film roles include The Parent Trap,17 Again, The Roommate and she is known for her role as Bonnie Bennett on The CW supernatural drama The Vampire Diaries. Graham was born in Geneva, Switzerland and raised in Los Angeles and her father, Joseph, is of Americo-Liberian descent, and her mother, Natasha, is Jewish. Grahams father was a executive and the godfather of two of Quincy Jones children. Her paternal grandfather was a UN Ambassador, serving for 40 years in the Netherlands, Sweden, Romania and her parents divorced when she was five. She has a half-brother, Yakov, born in Tel Aviv, Graham was raised in her mothers Jewish religion and attended Hebrew school. Graham began her career in the entertainment industry at age six, over the next eight years, she appeared in various commercials, including those for Barbie, K-Mart, Pop-Tarts and Edison. At the age of 15, Graham caught the eye of choreographer Fatima Robinson, Graham followed her BET Awards appearance with work as a background dancer for Missy Elliott, Pharrell, Jamie Foxx, and choreographers Hi-Hat and Michael Rooney. At age 17, Graham participated in a marketing campaign to advertise Coca-Colas soft drink Fanta. Graham appeared in the campaign as a member of the Fantanas, known as Capri, also known as Strawberry. U. D. D. Y. and Nellys Just A Dream. In 2002, Graham made her debut on the Disney Channel teen sitcom Lizzie McGuire. Graham went on to appear on television shows, including CSI, Crime Scene Investigation. Malcolm in the Middle, Joan of Arcadia, Grounded For Life, in 2008, she appeared in three episodes of the Disney Channel sitcom Hannah Montana playing the role of a girlfriend to the character Jackson Stewart. Graham has also had supporting roles in films such as 17 Again. In December 2008, Graham began filming sci-fi dance film Boogie Town in Los Angeles, filming on the film was put on hold that same month due to payroll issues with background performers. In April 2009, principal photography was stopped due to conflicts with some of her cast mates. The film is set in a futuristic New York City in 2015 where dance battles are permanently banned, Graham plays the role of Ingrid. The film was set to be released in theaters worldwide October 2011, in March 2009, Graham was cast in The CW supernatural drama The Vampire Diaries based on the book series of the same nameKaterina Graham – Graham in 2015
45. Somebody to Love (Justin Bieber song) – Somebody to Love is a song performed by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. The song served as the single from his album, My World 2.0. It was written by Heather Bright and The Stereotypes, and produced by the latter, the song was originally recorded as a demo by Biebers mentor, R&B singer, Usher, for his sixth studio album, Raymond v. Raymond. After things went stale with Ushers label, The Stereotypes were encouraged to give the song to Bieber, the song is an upbeat pop song, which also derives from R&B genre, while making use of Eurodisco influences. It impacted US mainstream and rhythmic radio on April 20,2010, the remix of the song featuring Usher was featured on Biebers first compilation album My Worlds, The Collection and his second remix album Never Say Never, The Remixes. Usher re-recorded featured vocals for the remix of the song. A variation of the track with different production done by Benny Blanco, features Usher on lead vocals. It is included on the release of Raymond v. Raymond. In Japan, the song was released dually with Never Say Never as a double A-side single, the song received positive reviews, with critics complimenting the tracks dance feel, and the lyrical content. Somebody to Love became Biebers third consecutive top ten hit in Canada and it also reached the top twenty in Germany, New Zealand and Australia. The accompanying music video for the remix, directed by Dave Meyers, was intended to rely solely on choreography. It features appearances from several dance crews, such as Beat Freaks, according to critics, the video makes allusions to previous dance-heavy clips by Usher and Chris Brown. Bieber performed the song at a number of venues, including the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards, in a Q&A with Rap-Up, Jonathan Yip of The Stereotypes confirmed that record was originally made for Usher, but things did not go through right with his label. According to Yip, Perez Hilton was the one who recommended the song for Bieber, and after that the producers agreed. Yip said that Ushers label, Jive Records wasnt sure what they wanted to do with the record for Usher, so they contacted Biebers manager, Scooter Braun, and Bieber was able to record the track. On the remix, Jonathan Yip commented, Ushers now back on the record, on the remix, the Versus version of the song was produced by Benny Blanco. Somebody to Love is a pop song, Biebers R&B vocals are blended throughout the song. The song also integrates elements of Euro disco, set it common time, the song is written in the key of C minor, and Biebers vocals span from the low note of G3 to high note of C5Somebody to Love (Justin Bieber song) – "Somebody to Love"
46. Favorite Girl – Favorite Girl is a song by Canadian recording artist, Justin Bieber. The song was written and produced by DMile, and Antea Birchett, Anesha Birchett, the song was later released exclusively to iTunes as the second promotional single from his debut studio release, My World on November 4,2009. The song is mid-tempo, and merges teen pop and R&B elements, the song debuted at number twelve and twenty-six, in Canada and the United States, respectively. In response to Swift using his song, Bieber posted an acoustic rendition of the then never-before heard Favorite Girl on his YouTube, when asked about his learning of Swift using his song, Bieber stated, It was really funny because I heard about it from a fan. I watched it and it was hilarious, Bieber and Swift then met in person at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, and she later invited him to be a special guest on her Fearless Tour when she returned to the United Kingdom. The song was written by Dernst DMile Emile II, Antea Birchett, Anesha Birchet, the song was recorded by Blake Eisemen at Icon Studios in Atlanta, Georgia, where Biebers career is based. Mixing was done by Dave Pensado and Jaycen-Joshua Fowler, at Larrabee Studios in North Hollywood, the song became a popular trending topic on Twitter on the day of its release. Favorite Girl be is a song, which integrates characteristics of R&B music. According to the music published at Musicnotes. com by Universal Music Publishing. Favorite Girl is set in time, and has a moderate tempo of 88 beats per minute. It is composed in the key of E minor with Biebers vocals spanning from the low-note of G3 to the high-note of B4. The song follows in the progression of C–Em–G The song had hot shot debuts and limited stays on the U. S. Billboard Hot 100. It debuted in the U. S. at number twenty-six on the week ending November 21,2009, the same week it debuted at number fifteen in Canada, remaining on the chart for two weeks. The song returned to the Canadian Hot 100 at number ninety-nine on the week ending January 9,2010, in 2010, the chart also appeared on the UK Singles Chart at seventy-six, and on the UK R&B Chart. Most Bieber performances of the song are of the acoustic rendition, regarding the performance, MTV News praised the song as a funky, groovy, swaggerific jam. During the live session with MTV, he performed the song playing the keyboard. In a review of his performance of the song at Z100s 2009 Jingle Ball. Lyrics of this song at MetroLyricsFavorite Girl – "Favorite Girl" cover
47. Justin Bieber discography – Justin Bieber has released four studio albums, four compilation albums, one extended play, twenty-nine singles, and seventeen promotional singles. As of 2015, Bieber had sold 44.7 million records in the United States, at the age of thirteen, Bieber was discovered by current manager, Scooter Braun, on YouTube and subsequently signed by R&B singer Usher to RBMG. Popular urban producers Tricky Stewart and The-Dream were enlisted for Biebers debut single, One Time, the EP also produced the follow-up single One Less Lonely Girl, as well as the promotional singles Favorite Girl and Love Me. Biebers full-length debut studio album, My World 2.0, was released in March 2010, the album was a commercial success, topping the charts in countries such as Australia, Canada and the United States. My World 2.0 received multi-platinum certifications from Music Canada, the album was preceded by the release of its lead single, Baby, a collaboration with American rapper Ludacris. It reached the top five in countries such as Canada, Australia and it was followed by the singles Somebody to Love and U Smile. In 2011, Bieber released the remix album Never Say Never, The Remixes, which topped the charts in Canada and its lead single, Never Say Never, also hit the top ten in several countries. His second studio album Under the Mistletoe was released in November 2011, topping the charts in Canada and its single Mistletoe reached the top ten in Canada and Denmark. Believe, Biebers third studio album, followed in June 2012 and it topped the charts in sixteen countries and was certified two times platinum by Music Canada. The albums lead single, Boyfriend, reached the one spot in Canada. Believe also produced the singles As Long as You Love Me and Beauty, believe Acoustic was released in January 2013, becoming Biebers fifth number-one album in Canada and the United States. In 2015, Bieber released his studio album, Purpose. Its singles What Do You Mean, sorry, and Love Yourself all topped the charts in Canada, Denmark, Ireland, New Zealand, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Official website Justin Bieber at AllMusic Justin Bieber discography, forum, and marketplace at Discogs Justin Bieber discography at MusicBrainzJustin Bieber discography – Bieber in 2012
48. Believe (Justin Bieber album) – Believe is the third studio album by Canadian singer Justin Bieber, released on June 15,2012, by Island Records. As executive producers, mentor Usher and manager Scooter Braun enlisted collaborators including Darkchild, Hit-Boy, Diplo, upon its release, Believe received generally favorable reviews from music critics, who appreciated its progression from Biebers earlier works. Internationally, the record enjoyed similar success and it debuted atop the Canadian Albums Chart, where it eventually attained double-platinum recognition. The album additionally debuted at one on the UK Albums Chart. According to the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, Believe was the sixth global best-selling album of 2012 with sales of three million copies, five singles were released from Believe, several of which became international successes. Its lead single Boyfriend peaked at two on the US Billboard Hot 100, and reached number one on the Canadian Hot 100. Follow-ups As Long as You Love Me and Beauty and a Beat performed moderately worldwide, right Here received little promotion, consequentially peaking in the lower end of the Billboard Hot 100, while the final single All Around the World performed moderately in most markets. The project was promoted through the Believe Tour in 2012 and 2013. The remix album Believe Acoustic was released in January 2013, on March 2,2012, Bieber appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show to announce that the first single from his upcoming album would be called Boyfriend, it was released on March 26,2012. The song was written by Bieber and Mike Posner, and produced by Posner, Bieber also invited his fans to participate in one of the creative decisions for the Boyfriend single. Two potential cover arts were published on Biebers website, and fans were encouraged to vote for which one they preferred, the cover with the most votes became the official cover for the single. Bieber announced via Twitter that the first single off his third studio album. On March 1,2012, Bieber appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show to announce that the first single from his album, Believe. The song was written by Bieber and Mike Posner, and produced by Posner, Boyfriend reached number two on the Billboard Hot 100. It also reached the top ten in countries worldwide. Top 40/Mainstream and Rhythmic radio on July 10,2012, Beauty and a Beat, is the third single off Believe. It was released on November 13,2012 and features vocals from rapper Nicki Minaj and it has so far peaked at 5 in the US. Right Here featuring Drake was released as the fourth U. S. single, Rhythmic radio on February 5,2013Believe (Justin Bieber album) – Believe
49. My Worlds: The Collection – My Worlds, The Collection is the first compilation album released by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. As the international alternative to the Walmart and Sams Club exclusive My Worlds Acoustic, My Worlds, The Collection was released in numerous European countries on November 19,2010. The album consists of two discs, the first is an altered version of My Worlds Acoustic, and the second is My Worlds. In addition, the album features a new song, an inspirational ballad entitled Pray, a Jaden Smith collaboration, Never Say Never. The new versions of the songs were produced by Biebers music director, Dan Kanter, his vocal producer Kuk Harrell, while most reviewers complimented the set, several thought that its release was unneeded. The album charted moderately in Europe, reaching the top half of several album charts. The first disc includes songs from My Worlds Acoustic, which features acoustic version of songs from Biebers debut extended play, My World, and his first studio album, My World 2.0. The singer said he wanted to do the set because the production sometimes drowns out your voice and takes away from the singer, over the synths. The second disc features songs that were present on My Worlds, a package of My World and My World 2.0, according to Bieber, Pray is a gift to his fans. Vocally, Biebers vocals are sung in a lower key compared to previous singles, Bieber plays guitar on the acoustic versions, along with his guitarist and musical director Dan Kanter. The acoustic versions of the songs were produced by Kanter, Biebers vocal producer Kuk Harrell, the album was released on November 19,2010. Pray was released as the albums first and only single on in countries on December 3,2010. It charted moderately, reaching number sixty-three in Austria, fifty-one in Germany, the compilation received mixed reviews from critics. Andy Kellman of Allmusic gave the four out of five stars. Although Lucy Jones of The Daily Telegraph said the album seemed as something else to be cashed in on, she called the collaborations perfectly polished, and gave the album four out of five stars. Hermonie Hoby of The Guardian said that following his past two releases seemed unnecessary, but noted that the billion or so Beliebers wouldnt feel churlish. Due to its release in European countries, the album was only eligible to chart in those territories. In Denmark, on the Danish Albums Chart, My Worlds, six weeks later, on the week labeled January 4,2011, the album peaked at number thirteen on the chart, and it spent a total of fifteen weeks on chartMy Worlds: The Collection – My Worlds: The Collection
50. Never Say Never: The Remixes – Never Say Never, The Remixes is the second remix album by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. Released on February 14,2011, the album accompanies the release of his film, Justin Bieber, Never Say Never. The album includes remixes of five songs from his first album, My World 2.0, featuring guest appearances from Jaden Smith, Rascal Flatts, Usher, Chris Brown, Kanye West, Raekwon, in addition a new track is also included. The Jaden Smith-assisted Never Say Never, originally the song for The Karate Kid, was re-released as the albums lead single. In December 2010, Bieber stated that he was collaborating with American country band Rascal Flatts, in an interview with WSIX, lead singer Gary LeVox said asked us to do a duet with him on his next record. Its actually a good song. He plays five or six different instruments really well, Bieber also confirmed the collaboration in-the-works on Twitter. Also a conversation on Twitter, American R&B singer Chris Brown, in January 2011, it was rumored that Bieber was planning to release an album to accompanying the release of his 3D biopic-concert film, Justin Bieber, Never Say Never. On January 6,2011, Biebers manager Scooter Braun held a live chat with fans, warren said Its a beautiful song. Thats a good age difference between Cher and Justin –40 years, additionally, singer-songwriter Ester Dean confirmed she worked on the project for Biebers film. On January 31,2011, the announcement of a musical counterpart to the film was revealed, and that it would be released on February 14,2011. A previous intentionally leaked remix of Biebers Runaway Love, which was produced by Kanye West, featuring himself, new contributions came from Rascal Flatts and Chris Brown adding parts to That Should Be Me and Up, respectively. A live version of Bieber performing Overboard alongside fellow pop singer Miley Cyrus on his My World Tour at Madison Square Garden is included as a track. The Diane Warren-penned Born to Be Somebody is a previously unheard track on the album, stating that you are born to be whatever you want to be, to light up the sky like lighting, to Be somebody. Cognata appreciated the albums mixture, stating the album actually has something for all walks of life, the album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200, opening with 179,000 copies in the first week. It marked Biebers second time at the top of the chart, after debuting at one with his first studio album. It was also Biebers fourth consecutive top ten release on the chart, following My World 2.0, and My World, and My Worlds Acoustic, likewise, the album was the first remix album in almost a decade, with Jennifer Lopezs J to tha L-O. The Remixes led for two weeks in February 2002, in its second week, the album fell to number 2, with 102,000 copies soldNever Say Never: The Remixes – Never Say Never: The Remixes
51. Believe Acoustic – Believe Acoustic is the third remix album by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It was released on January 29,2013 through Island Records as the follow-up to his remix album Never Say Never. This also marks the second album following My Worlds Acoustic. The album features acoustic and live versions of songs from his studio album Believe. The album went to one on the US Billboard 200 chart making this Biebers fifth number-one album. Bieber confirmed the project on December 8,2012, by tweeting Been writing a lot. new stuff. the acoustic album, new arrangements, is happening. The track listing for the EP was revealed on December 22,2012, on January 6,2013 it was announced that 11 tracks would be featured on the album instead, including new songs Nothing Like Us Yellow Raincoat and I Would. Believe Acoustic received generally mixed reviews from music critics, robert Copsey of Digital Spy wrote that the removal of the multi-layered production and studio trickery on Believe reveals a smoother and less babyish vocal than most will be familiar with. He noted that embarrassingly weak lyrics is an issue throughout the album, though its largely saved by Kanter. He noted that its less of an issue on the three new songs. He concluded that, wed prefer the polished, shinier and glossier Justin Bieber any day, andrew Leahy of The Washington Times cited Believe Acoustic to be a way of squeezing extra cash out of material that already has been released. He wrote that only a few of the new arrangements shine any new light on the original versions, andy Kellman of Allmusic wrote that like My Worlds Acoustic, Believe Acoustic maintains the flow of Bieber product following a proper studio album. Jody Rosen of Rolling Stone wrote that as cash-grab remix albums go, Believe Acoustic offers an added value, for hardcore fans. She, however, stated that Bieber gives the songs his best, Rosen cited the best songs on the album to be the three new studio tracks. On February 9,2013, Bieber gave a performance of Nothing Like Us. He served as both the host and musical guest and also performed a set of As Long as You Love MeBelieve Acoustic – Believe Acoustic
52. U Smile – U Smile is a song performed by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It was written by Jerry Duplessis, Arden Altino, and Dan August Rigo, according to Bieber, the song is dedicated to his special fans. The song was released as the second single from the latter half of Biebers debut album on March 16,2010. It was released to radio in Canada on August 9,2010, followed by a mainstream and rhythmic release on August 24,2010. The song, a piano and instrument driven blue-eyed soul ballad, the song charted at seventeen and twenty-seven respectively in the United States and Canada, and later charted in the United Kingdom. Bieber performed the song as an intro to Baby on the season of American Idol. In an interview with MTV News, Bieber said, U Smile is one of the best songs I have ever recorded, he wrote, I wrote it for all my fans who got me here. Bieber explained on his Twitter that his fans took him from a town in Canada to the amazing opportunity he is living now. Bieber confirmed he co-wrote the track with August Rigo and he also told his fans to enjoy it as they are the ones who give him his strength in this. In August 2010, Nick Pittsinger, a Florida-based sound artist and it was compared to ambient music, including the works of Sigur Rós. The track became a meme in mid to late 2010. U Smile is a soul ballad, driven by piano. Leah Greenblatt of Entertainment Weekly said the song is the best by far of My World 2.0, the song has a bluesy feel, and makes use of metaphors such as You are my ends and my means/With you there’s no in between. The song composed in the key E♭ Mixolydian and it set in time signature of compound time with twelve eighth note in a bar, Biebers vocal range span two music from the lowest note A♭3 and the highest note E♭5. It follows the chord progression E♭-D♭-A♭, bill Lamb of About. com noted the song as a track on My World 2.0 and said it lets Justin Bieber sway and croon. It is guaranteed to generate warm and fuzzy emotions in millions of young fans, monica Herrera of Billboard commended the song and said that it should appeal to some older listeners. For Billboard s cover story on Bieber, Herrera said, Bieber croons and its the closest hes come to fulfilling Brauns wish, by sounding like a certain young Motown star. This is as unconditional as itll ever get/You aint seen nothing yet, originally released as a digital-only single, the song debuted at number twenty-seven on the Billboard Hot 100, selling 83,000 downloads in its first weekU Smile – "U Smile"
53. Never Say Never (Justin Bieber song) – Never Say Never is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. The song is used as the song for The Karate Kid. It was originally a demo with sexual lyrics performed by American singer Travis Garland, it was written and produced by The Messengers. However, for reasons, Bieber was tapped to record the song for the film. He re-wrote the song with The Messengers, Rambert, Smith, the song contains R&B and pop elements while merging hip-hop. The song was released for download in the United States on June 8,2010. The song was included as an acoustic track on the remix album My Worlds Acoustic. To promote Biebers 3D concert film of the name, the song was released as the lead single. Never Say Never peaked within the top twenty in Canada, Norway and its accompanying music video, directed by Honey, features Smith and Bieber in a recording studio playing around and dancing, and is intercut with scenes from the film. He has notably performed the song on Today and on his My World Tour, Smith joined Bieber during the tours stop at Madison Square Garden to perform the song for scenes in Justin Bieber, Never Say Never. A demo of the song, Sexy Together was originally recorded by Mike Chilton, reportedly the song was re-written by its original writers Adam Messinger, Nasri, Omarr Rambert, and his vocal producer Kuk Harrell, while Smith added lines. Carina Adly MacKenzie of Zap2it preferred Bieber and Smiths version, commenting, youd think that a song about sex would be more interesting than a song about little kids doing karate. The song was confirmed when the listing for the soundtrack was revealed. It was released on iTunes in the United States on June 8,2010, Never Say Never is a pop-R&B which includes hip hop. It is composed in the key of A minor with vocals spanning from the low-note of G3 to the high-note of C6, the song follows in the chord progression of Am–C–G–D Bieber provides lead vocals in the song while Smith provides the backing with rap interludes. Idolator thought the song as a version of Eminems Lose Yourself. Smiths lines reference his father, and puns in the phrase and he also makes reference to his lineage by saying Born from two stars so the moons where I land. As he is the son of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, Smith also makes references to Luke Skywalker and Kobe Bryant in his lines. is sure to stand out as the films flagship anthemNever Say Never (Justin Bieber song) – "Never Say Never"
54. Mistletoe (Justin Bieber song) – Mistletoe is a Christmas song by Canadian singer Justin Bieber. It was written and produced by Nasri, and Adam Messinger, the song was released on October 17,2011 as the lead single from his Christmas album, Under the Mistletoe. Mistletoe is a pop and R&B song, that has reggae influences, Mistletoe received generally positive reviews from most music critics. The song reached the top ten in Canada, Denmark and Norway, the songs accompanying music video was directed by Roman White. It features the singing on a snowy, lit-up street. Bieber first premiered the song live on the My World Tour on October 6,2011 at Olympic Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, during the performance, Bieber confirmed that the song would be released on iTunes worldwide on October 17,2011. In an interview with MTV News, Bieber said, Im really excited, I know all my fans are going to love it. Its something that I feel like going to be singing every Christmas. Mistletoe was written and produced by Nasri, and Adam Messinger and it is a Christmas song that is sonically derived from the pop and R&B genres, while making use of reggae elements. According to the music published at Musicnotes. com by Sony/ATV Music Publishing. It is composed in the key of A major with Biebers vocal range spanning from the low-note of E3 to the high-note of E5, according to many reviewers, the songs production and Biebers delivery bears much similarity to Jason Mrazs Im Yours. Bill Lamb of About. com went as far as to call the song Im Yours goes Christmas, a Rolling Stone writer commented that The song basically sounds like a laid-back Jack Johnson number with a bit of overdubbed sleigh bells. The song presents the maturation of Biebers voice, with RJ Cubarrubia of Billboard writing that he sounded smooth, Lamb said This track marks a distinct move toward a more adult sound on the part of 17 year old Justin Bieber. The song, which includes subtle Christmas flourishes in the arrangement, opens up with jingle bells before an instrumental of guitar. However he said Biebers breezy crooning and flat lyrics make Mistletoe come off like an uninspiring, Cubarrubia commended Bieber for attempting to inject his charisma in such a track, but said hes still far from the classic Christmas pop of Mariah Careys All I Want for Christmas Is You. Although he said the song may feel a bit calculated, Bill Lamb of About. com complimented the songs acoustic Jason Mraz vibe, the subtle seasonal touches, and adult sound. Jarett Wieselman of The Insider. com said the song is pretty damn good, Wieselman said You cant deny the appeal of Americas tween dream du jour dropping a track where he asks the listeners to kiss me underneath the mistletoe. Well played young man, well played, Mistletoe sold 164,000 copies in its first week of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan, placing it at No.5 on Billboards Hot Digital Songs chartMistletoe (Justin Bieber song) – "Mistletoe"
55. Boyfriend (Justin Bieber song) – Boyfriend is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, taken from his third studio album Believe. Bieber explained that the track would surprise people in different ways, a snippet of Boyfriend was previewed on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on March 1,2012, Biebers 18th birthday. The song was announced as a single on the same day, the cover art was revealed on March 19,2012. Musically, Boyfriend is a R&B influenced song that features pop beats reminiscent of American record producer Pharrell Williams, the instrumentation is kept in a lower sound to highlight Biebers vocals. However, critics dismissed the lyrics as immature and silly, Boyfriend was a commercial success, debuting at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 after selling a total of 521,000 digital units of the single. The song is the debut digital sales week in the United States and has also charted at number 9 on the Pop Songs component chart. It also debuted at one in Canada and number two in the United Kingdom. As part of promotion for the song, Bieber performed Boyfriend in a number of appearances, including at the second-season finale of The Voice. The rapping duo Ying Yang Twins also released a version of the track with new verses added. Another remix of Boyfriend features 2 Chainz, Mac Miller and Asher Roth, in late 2011, Bieber confirmed to radio network Capital FM that he was recording material for his third studio album, which was originally going to be released in early 2012. He later spoke to MTV News and revealed that Believe would surprise people in different ways, Boyfriend was written by Bieber, Michael Posner, Mason D. Levy and Mat Musto. During an interview with radio DJ Bootleg Kev, Posner revealed that he was impressed with Biebers work ethic, at first I didnt know what to expect because hes super young, but dude can write. Posner said that people would flip over the beat and that radio stations would want to play the song, Levy also commented on the track, and described it as definitely edgier, its more grown-up, its more developed and its sexier. Prior to the release, it had been previewed by several industry insiders, including radio host Mick Lee of WZFT. On March 1,2012, Bieber was featured as a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and he said, My big announcement is that on March 26, my first single is coming out and its called Boyfriend. The song, its basically Im talking to girl, if I was your boyfriend. We wrote it, and the verses Im talking/ rapping and then on the hook Im singing, Bieber also previewed the songs introduction on the show. Through his Twitter account, the released a poll in which fans were allowed to choose between two artworks for the singleBoyfriend (Justin Bieber song) – "Boyfriend"
56. As Long as You Love Me (Justin Bieber song) – As Long as You Love Me is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, from his third studio album, Believe. The track features American rapper Big Sean and it was written by both artists with Nasri Atweh, and was produced by Rodney Darkchild Jerkins and Andre Lindal. It was first released on June 11,2012, as a single from the album. On Billboards Rhythmic Airplay Chart, the reached number one. It peaked at six on the Billboard Hot 100. The song has sold 2,240,000 copies in the US as December 2012, the music video features actor Michael Madsen. In late 2011, Bieber confirmed to radio network Capital FM that he was recording material for his studio album. He later spoke to MTV News and revealed that Believe would surprise people in different ways, Im not going to try to conform to what people want me to be or go out there and start partying, have people see me with alcohol. I want to do it at my own pace, I dont want to start singing about things like sex, drugs and swearing. Im into love, and maybe Ill get more into making love when Im older, I want to be someone who is respected by everybody. After releasing Boyfriend as the single, Bieber announced that he will release promotional singles to promote Believe. The first promotional single Die in Your Arms was released to iTunes on May 29,2012, the second All Around The World was released on iTunes on June 4,2012. As Long as You Love Me was released on June 11,2012, as the third, the cover art for As Long as You Love Me shows Bieber perched on a wooden stool, holding an acoustic guitar. Sia Nicole of Idolator expressed dissatisfaction with the cover, saying It’s false advertising for the high-fidelity track that has nary a strum within earshot. As Long as You Love Me was written by Bieber, Nasri Atweh, the song is officially written in the key of C minor. It is heavily influenced by dubstep, with vocal loops complemented by a booming beat, as the song continues, it builds and builds to a rave-ready drop. Lyrically, it tells listeners that true love can defy all circumstances, as long as you love me/ We could be starving/ We could be homeless/ We could be broke, Bieber sings over a staccato beat and handclaps, with an undercurrent of a swirling-sounding synth. As long as you love me/ Ill be your platinum/ Ill be your silver/ Ill be your gold, Big Sean drops a rap exalting a lady love, tooAs Long as You Love Me (Justin Bieber song) – "As Long as You Love Me"
57. Beauty and a Beat – Beauty and a Beat is a song by Canadian singer Justin Bieber from his third studio album Believe. It features Trinidadian rapper Nicki Minaj, who co-wrote it with Savan Kotecha, Max Martin and it was also produced by the latter two with a heavy drum machine and rushing synthesizers. Lyrically, it speaks about Bieber wanting to take his love interest to a club and it is the only song from Believe that Bieber did not co-write. The song became the official single from the album. Following the release of Believe, Beauty and a Beat debuted on the US Billboard Hot 100 at 72 due to digital downloads. After the release of the music video, it re-entered the Hot 100 at number 72. It also debuted on the Canadian Hot 100 at 47, Beauty and a Beat was originally written by Anton Zaslavski for his debut album, Clarity. Zaslavski, however, felt the song did not quite fit his new style, so he, Max Martin, Savan Kotecha. Maraj, known by her stage-name Nicki Minaj, provides guest vocals on the track, Bieber later spoke upon the collaboration with Minaj, saying, I wanted a female rapper and I think that she is the best choice. I felt she just fit on the song perfectly, an album of remixes was released on December 11,2012. Beauty and a Beat is an uptempo EDM and electropop song that lasts 3 minutes and 48 seconds, with the chord progression of F–Dm7–Am–Gsus, the song is written in the key of A minor in common time. The song moves at a tempo of 128 beats per minute, the song contains elements of R&B. Sarah Deen of Metro described it as a dance track. Beauty and a Beat contains fast-paced drum beats and an acid house break down, Biebers then-girlfriend Selena Gomez is referenced in the song during Minajs rap, Justin Bieber/You know Im gonna hit em with the ether/Buns out, wiener/But I gotta keep an eye out for Selener. Jason Lipshutz noted the rhyme between wiener and her given name, the song was met with mixed reports. Many contemporary critics praised Biebers attempt to reach an audience not usually interested in his music, while others criticized its lyrics, andy Gill of The Independent listed the song in his Download category during an album review for Believe. Laura Sassano commented on the song upon its leak, saying, The new song continues Justins quest to grow up, becca Longmire of Entertainmentwise felt that the song was impressive, she also noted the vibes of R&B and compared this with Biebers previous single Baby. The video premiered on Vevo on October 12,2012 and it opens by stating that in October 2012,3 hours of personal footage was stolen from JustinBeauty and a Beat – "Beauty and a Beat"
58. All Around the World (Justin Bieber song) – All Around the World is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, from his third studio album, Believe. It was written by Bieber, Sir Nolan and Nasri of The Messengers in collaboration with Ludacris and this was the second collaboration between Bieber and Ludacris, having previously collaborated on Baby. It was first released on June 4,2012, as a single from the album. The song was released as the international single, and the fifth. The Eurodance track features a similar instrumentation to songs by Britney Spears, Chris Brown, lyrically, it features Bieber singing to his love interest that all around the world, people want to be loved. All Around the World received mostly positive reviews music critics. The song had success worldwide, reaching the top ten in several countries, such as Belgium, Canada. Bieber promoted the song through performances and a music video. In late 2011, Bieber confirmed to radio network Capital FM that he was recording material for his studio album. He later spoke to MTV News and revealed that Believe would surprise people in different ways, All Around the World was written and produced by The Messengers and Nolan Lambroza, while Bieber and Ludacris wrote additional lyrics. On May 25,2012, a version of the track leaked online. The same day, the track was released on iTunes Store through The Island Def Jam Music Group, the song was later released as the fourth international single, and the fifth and final US single on February 26,2013. It is an Eurodance song, which incorporates heavy elements in its instrumentation and is similar to previous works by producer David Guetta. Contemporary critics compared the track to Britney Spears Till the World Ends, lyrically, Bieber sings for his love interest and says that all around the world, people want to be loved. The track opens with he singing, Youre beautiful, beautiful/You should know it/I think its time, think its time/That you show it, lines that were compared to One Directions What Makes You Beautiful. As the track follows, Bieber encourages girls to release their inner beauty, Light it up, so explosive/Why you acting so shy, All Around the World received mostly positive reviews from music critics. Jocelyn Vena also of MTV stated that the song could have recorded by Usher. Entertainment Weekly columnist Ray Rahman gave All Around the World a positive review, and stated, the vocal swagger of Chris BrownAll Around the World (Justin Bieber song) – "All Around the World"
59. We Are the World 25 for Haiti – We Are the World 25 for Haiti is a charity single recorded by the supergroup Artists for Haiti in 2010. It is a remake of the 1985 hit song We Are the World, which was written by American musicians Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie, and was recorded by USA for Africa to benefit famine relief in Africa. Initially, in late 2009, it had suggested to Richie. The song was recorded in fourteen and a half hours by over eighty artists on February 1,2010 and it was produced by Quincy Jones, and executively produced by Lionel Richie, and Haitian-American musician Wyclef Jean. A music video directed by Paul Haggis was released to accompany, the song was also recorded in Spanish by a Latin supergroup and was named Somos el Mundo. The song was directed by Emilio Estefan and his wife, Gloria Estefan and we Are the World 25 for Haiti is musically structured similar to We Are the World, but includes a rap verse which was written by some of the songs hip hop artists. Michael Jackson died months before the release, but his material from the 1985 recording sessions was incorporated into the song and music video, as per the request of his mother. His sister Janet duets with him on the song, and his nephews Taj, TJ and we Are the World 25 for Haiti was released on February 12,2010, during the opening ceremony of the 2010 Winter Olympics, as a CD single and a music download. However, the song was successful worldwide, charting within the top 20 in multiple countries. In 1985, We Are the World, a song and charity single recorded by USA for Africa was released. It was written by American musicians Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie, the song was well received by music critics and was the recipient of several awards. We Are the World was the best selling pop single of all time until it was eclipsed by Elton Johns 1997 version of Candle in the Wind, on January 12,2010, Haiti was struck by a magnitude 7.0 Mw earthquake. It was the countrys most severe earthquake in over 200 years, the epicenter of the quake was just outside the Haitian capital Port-au-Prince. It has been estimated that the toll could reach 200,000. Before the earthquake, Jones and Richie had planned to organize a re-recording of We Are the World on January 28,2010 — the 25th anniversary of the recording of the song. Randy Phillips, who was a key figure in the song being re-issued, said that We Are The World producer Ken Kragen had suggested to re-cut We Are the World, however, Lionel Richie and Jones were very lukewarm about the idea. Phillips commented that, that what happened 25 years ago was iconic and they did everything they could for Africa at that time, and they didnt feel re-cutting the song really made any sense. Basically, Lionel didnt really want to do it, and we kind of let it die by not issuing the license, because Lionel owns the copyright along with Michael Jacksons estateWe Are the World 25 for Haiti – Earthquake damage in Port-au-Prince
60. Eenie Meenie – Eenie Meenie is a song by American singer Sean Kingston and Canadian singer Justin Bieber. The song was written by Kingston, Bieber, Carlos Battey, Steven Battey, Benny Blanco, Marcos Palacios and Ernest Clark, and was produced by Blanco. It was originally released as the first single from Kingstons third studio album Back 2 Life on March 23,2010, however, it is included on Biebers My World 2.0. The song, a number with Kingstons reggae influences and Biebers R&B vocals, is lyrically about an indecisive lover. The song reached the top ten in the United Kingdom and New Zealand, and the top twenty in Australia, Canada, Ireland, the accompanying music video features Kingston and Bieber at a pool party at a condo, being pursued by the same girl. The song premiered on March 4,2010, on Ryan Seacrests website and it is a dance-pop song, with R&B, and reggae fusion influences, written in the key of B♭ minor, with a vocal range from the tone of F♯4 to the note of A5. It moves at 120 beats per minute and is set in common time, the song features a prominent synthesized back beat, followed by verses from both singers, then a rap interlude, while utilizing the childrens rhyme Eenie Meenie Miny Moe. Kyle Anderson of MTV said that Eenie Meenie melds Sean Kingstons island-inflected dance-pop with Biebers sweet tween R&B, a reviewer of DJBooth said, The record’s crown jewel, of course, is the chorus, which will worm its way into your head whether you like it or not. Although he called the song catchy, Chris Richards of The Washington Post said Kingston hogs the mike on the song, rudy Klapper of Sputnikmusic wrote about the lyrics, on the album review, that those are disturbing, but at the same time unintentionally hilarious. She also criticized the production, Theres not much to say about the kind of producer who thinks the use of the term shorty with an elementary school gimmick is a good idea. Luke ONeil from The Boston Globe noted Sultry reggaeton is repackaged here for the set with Sean Kingstons Eenie Meenie. Shorty was never sung so literally, in the United States Eeenie Meenie entered the Billboard Hot 100 at number thirty on April 7,2010, where it was the highest debut of the week. The next week it dropped three places, and stayed there for additional week. On the Billboard issue dated May 15,2010, the single reached its peaked, at number fifteen, as of February 2011, the single was sold 1,238,000 times. It re-entered at number forty-five on April 25,2010, and reached its peak at number eleven on May 30,2010, later it was certified as gold by the Australian Recording Industry Association. The song appeared in the UK Singles Chart on May 22,2010, the next week Eenie Meenie rose to number seventeen and peaked at number nine in the next two weeks. In Ireland, it debuted at number forty-one in the Irish Singles Chart on April 15,2010, in the Canadian Hot 100 Eenie Meenie debuted and peaked at number fourteen, becoming the highest debut of the week. But in the issue, the single became the biggest dropEenie Meenie – "Eenie Meenie"
61. Next to You (Chris Brown song) – Next to You is a song by American recording artist Chris Brown, included as a track on his fourth studio album, F. A. M. E. The song features Canadian singer Justin Bieber, Brown co-wrote the song with its producers, The Messengers, with additional writing from Amber Sevyn Streeter of RichGirl. Brown first revealed plans to collaborate with Bieber in December 2010, musically, Next to You is a R&B and pop number, with lyrics pertaining to the love between two in a relationship. Most music critics positively reviewed the song, complimenting the blending of Brown, however a common criticism of the track was how it stood out in comparison into the more lyrically explicit music on F. A. M. E. After the release of the album, the song appeared on the charts in the United States, Canada, and it was released for digital download on June 24,2011, as the albums fifth single. The song was written by Brown and Amber Streeter with Nasri Atweh, the latter duo receive production credits on the track. In December 2010, Brown tweeted that he would be collaborating with Bieber, the song first appeared online on March 8,2011. In an interview with MTV News, Brown revealed that the duo recorded the Up remix first, Next to You is a R&B and pop song. The song has lyrics about a relationship, but Eliot Glazer of MTV Buzzworthy said that the song also contained inspirational lyrics. According to the music at Musicnotes. com by Sony/ATV Music Publishing. It is composed in the key of E♭ major with Bieber, the song features the chord progression of E♭–B♭–Cm–A♭. Nadia Noir of WNOW-FM said the song was a hybrid of a dance-jam, furthermore, AOL Musics Charley Rogulewski called the song a dreamy pop love song. Brad Wete of Entertainment Weekly coined the song as thumping and said that Brown, joanne Dorken of MTV News UK said It seems that everything Justin Bieber touches turns to gold at the moment and this cutesy ballad is no exception. Dorken complimented how well the song showed the blending of the pairs voices, nadia Noir of WNOW-FM wrote, What do you get when you combine two of pops best-looking/greatest dancers, the sexy rasp of Justin Bieber, and a dance-jam/love-song. A combination of all the best elements of music, nick Levine of BBC Music said the track was part of Browns identity crisis on the album, as Next to You was just two tracks after the grisly sex jam of Wet the Bed featuring Ludacris. Levine called the collaboration a wholesome-as-homemade-chutney hook-up, while complementing that the album had something for everyone, Jody Rosen of Rolling Stone called Next to You a puppy-love declaration. Bri LaPelusa called the song a dreamy ballad and said it melted Brown and she went on to add that Next to You might be affirmation that Chris Brown is once again an accepted celebrity. Concerning the lyrics, Eliot Glazer of MTV Buzzworthy said It aint new, eric Henderson of Slant Magazine said Brown was unable to capture the majesty of Forever with the song, noting it was rendered limp by the undercurrent of sincerityNext to You (Chris Brown song) – "Next to You"
62. Live My Life (song) – Live My Life is a song by American group Far East Movement from their fourth studio album Dirty Bass. The song was released on February 25,2012 as the lead single. It features vocals from Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber, the song was produced by RedOne and De Paris. The official remix of the song, subtitled Live My Life, the track was released on March 6,2012 as a digital download. Also, it was included as the last track of the edition of Dirty Bass. Justin Bieber do not appear in the video, but Redfoo and they are seen throughout the video touring and partying through the streets of Amsterdam in the Party Rock bus. They also perform a dance routine in a flash mob-style. Far East Movement perform their respective verses, Dutch singer Eva Simons cameos in the video, seen entering the party bus midway through the video, as well as Dutch DJs Sidney Samson, Sick Individuals and Quintino. The music video has over 30 million views, an alternate video edit was made for the Party Rock Remix at a total length of four minutes and thirty-eight seconds. It features the same scenes from the original and includes Redfoo performing his verse and this version has over 16 million views. The videos were written by Redfoo and Kelly Covell and directed by Mickey Finnegan while production was handled by Cisco Newman and Alexa DedlowLive My Life (song) – "Live My Life"
63. Love Me (Justin Bieber song) – Love Me is a song by Canadian recording artist, Justin Bieber. The track was written by Bruno Mars, Ari Levine, and Philip Lawrence and it was released exclusively to iTunes as the first promotional single from his debut studio release, My World on October 26,2009. An electropop song which also contains dance-pop and R&B music, the chorus interpolates the 1996 single Lovefool by the Swedish band The Cardigans. Love Me was one of the most well received tracks on the album, with critics complimenting its electro and club feel, the song peaked in Canada and in the U. S. at twelve and thirty-seven, respectively. The song also charted in the United Kingdom on its main chart and R&B chart, the music video for the song was released on August 3,2010 and serves as a tribute to his worldwide fans, thanking them for their support. The dominant scenes are made of up of live performances, behind-the-scenes footage, Bieber opened every show on his My World Tour with the song. The song was produced by DJ Frank E at Side 3 Studios in Denver, the song recorded by Bill Malina at Serenity Sound Studio in Hollywood, California. Mixing was done by Dave Pensado and Jaycen-Joshua Fowler, at Larrabee Studios in North Hollywood, taylor Graves and Bonnie McKee provided background vocals. However plans were changed, and a week before the release, Bieber announced that a new song and it was released a day early on October 26. Bieber took to Twitter with his saying that he was surprised himself. Love Me is a pop song, which use of guitars/bass. The chorus interpolates the song Lovefool by the Swedish band The Cardigans, according to the sheet music published at Musicnotes. com by Universal Music Publishing, Ltd. Love Me is set in common time, the song is composed in the key of C minor with Biebers vocals spanning from the low-note of Bb3 to the high-note of Eb5. The song follows in the progression of Cm–A♭–E♭–B♭ The song was one of the most well received on the album. Mikael Wood of Entertainment Weekly said Biebers better on Love Me, mark Hirsh The Boston Globe, which was one of the few reviewers that gave the album a mixed analysis, said that Love Me was the essential song on the set. Washington Post also cited the song as one of the albums best, the New York Times said the track is probably the only release in recent memory that owes debts to both the Cardigans. Mike Diver of BBC Music called the song an electro-infused reinterpretation of The Cardigans Lovefool, Diver preferred Bieber in the song and wanted more of the cheeky chap rightfully having the time of his young life, rather than the adolescent playboy. Love Me had debuted on the Canadian Hot 100 and Billboard Hot 100 at twelve and it spent twelve non-consecutive weeks on the Canadian chart and four in the United StatesLove Me (Justin Bieber song) – "Love Me" cover
64. Never Let You Go (Justin Bieber song) – Never Let You Go is a song performed by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. The track was written by Bieber and also co-written and produced by production duo Johntá Austin and it was originally released as a promo single from latter half of Biebers debut album, My World 2.0 on March 2,2010. The song charted within the top twenty in Canada and New Zealand, twenty-one in the United States, and in the regions of the charts in Australia. The accompanying music video features Bieber and Paige Hurd at the Atlantis Resort in The Bahamas, including scenes at the resort, an aquarium, and on the coast. Bieber performed the song a number of times, including on BETs SOS, Saving Ourselves - Help for Haiti Telethon, Never Let You Go published in common time with moderate tempo. Never Let You Go written in D minor key with the chord progression B♭-Dm-C, leah Greenblatt of Entertainment Weekly noted similarities between Never Let You Go and Chris Browns Forever, calling the previous a fraternal twin to the latter. Never Let You Go debuted and peaked at number twenty-one in the United States on the Billboard Hot 100 and it was listed on the chart for two weeks before dropping off. It debuted and peaked at fourteen in Canada, after spending four weeks on the Canadian Hot 100 it dropped off. Internationally, the song charted at sixty-seven in Australian Singles Chart, and reached sixteen on the New Zealand Singles Chart, via digital sales behind the release of My World 2.0, Never Let You Go reached eighty-four on the UK Singles Chart. Rolling Stone confirmed in January 2010 that the video had already been shot by director Colin Tilley while Bieber was at the Atlantis resort in Dubai. Actress Paige Hurd portrays Biebers love interest in the video, the video premiered on March 30,2010 on Vevo. It was the new joint on BETs 106 & Park on April 5,2010. Summarizing the video, Jocelyn Vena MTV News said, Bieber is seen hanging out in the catacombs of Bahamian aquariums. In this new clip, Bieber is seen performing on the beach and frolicking with Hurd. Bieber is definitely growing up a lot in this video — sharing near-kisses, shots of the pair in silhouette holding hands play into the videos plot of two young teens falling in love in a very exotic locale. Vena also said that Bieber continues her knack for Michael Jackson-esque dance moves, simon Vozick-Levinson of Entertainment Weekly called the video So romantic, as they dance in an age-appropriate fashion. Chris Ryan of MTV News reviewed the video positively, stating that it is, Bieber performed the song several times including at the new Microsoft Store grand opening in Mission Viejo, California, and in a live session with MTVNever Let You Go (Justin Bieber song) – "Never Let You Go" cover
65. Die in Your Arms – Die in Your Arms is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, from his third studio album, Believe. The pop song samples Michael Jacksons Weve Got a Good Thing Going, and lyrically, features Bieber singing about an all-consuming passion and the affection that he feels for his love interest. Die in Your Arms received mostly positive reviews music critics. The song has charted in countries such as Australia, Canada, Netherlands, New Zealand, United Kingdom. In late 2011, Bieber confirmed to radio network Capital FM that he was recording material for his studio album. He later spoke to MTV News and revealed that Believe would surprise people in different ways, the track samples Michael Jacksons Weve Got a Good Thing Going, written by Alphonso Mizell, Berry Gordy Jr. Deke Richards, Freddie Perren. Die in Your Arms was released as a single to iTunes Store on May 29,2012 through The Island Def Jam Music Group. The pop track incorporates hip hop beats, finger snaps and melodic piano chords in its instrumentation and is similar to tracks by Jackson 5. Lyrically, Die in Your Arms is a song about an all-consuming passion and the affection that Bieber feels for his love interest. During the songs chorus, the states, If I could just die in your arms /I wouldn’t mind / Because every time you touch me / I just die in your arms / It just feels so right. Jason Lipshutz of Billboard deemed it as a more classically arranged pop offering when compared to Biebers previous single Boyfriend. Leah Collins of the National Post described the song as a Baby 2.0, adding that like Baby, Die in Your Arms received mostly positive reviews from music critics. Jon Dolan of Rolling Stone described it as the sound of Bieber rounding third base, while Sarah Deen of Metro deemed it as a laidback pop song, Antoniette Bueno of The Insider noted that the song was written for his female fan base. Bueno added that Bieber also sounds a lot more like his younger self in this practically guaranteed hit. Rich Juzwiak of Gawker praised Die in Your Arms, and commented, there is an in-your-ear-not-your-mouth joke to be made, but I will refrain because, ugh, I just died in your arms this year, Bieber. Tanar Anitai of MTV compared the style to the ones of Duffy, Amy Winehouse, Mark Ronson. Rolling Stone named the track the 45th best song of 2012, following its release on iTunes Store, Die in Your Arms reached number three on the stores chart, just behind Carly Rae Jepsens Call Me Maybe and Gotyes Somebody That I Used to Know. After a full week of sales, the track sold a total of 185,000 digital downloads in the United States, the following week, it plummeted 75 positions to number 92, the third biggest drop in the history of the chartDie in Your Arms – "Die in Your Arms"
66. Bigger (Justin Bieber song) – Bigger is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, included as a track on his debut release, My World, released on November 17,2009. It was written by Bieber, Frank Ocean, Dapo Torimiro, Kevin Risto and Waynne Nugent of Midi Mafia, with the latter duo, musically, the song is a R&B number which infuses elements of teen pop and dance-pop, while including influences of new jack swing. The songs lyrics refer to one maturing in a relationship and working to reach goals, the song received generally positive reception from critics who reviewed the album, with a Billboard reviewer commenting that Bieber had genuine swagger on the song. Some reviews however questioned the lyrical content, after the release of My World, due to digital sales, the song charted in the lower regions of charts in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Japan. Bigger was co-written by Bieber, Odd Future collective member Frank Ocean, Dapo Torimiro, Kevin Risto, Midi Mafia and Dapo have production credits. It was recorded at Icon Studios in Atlanta, Georgia, and it was mixed at Larrabee Studios in North Hollywood, the track was one of three songs on the standard edition of the album that Bieber co-wrote. Bigger, described as moderately fast, is a R&B song with a length of three minutes and seventeen seconds, with inclinations toward teen pop and dance-pop. According to a review of My World by Jon Caramanica of The New York Times, the song is set in common time, and has a tempo of 104 beats per minute. It is written in the key of C minor, and Biebers vocals do not deviate far and it features the chord patterns Cm11 and Fm9. The songs lyrics see the protagonist professing to their love interest how they have matured, in such as I was a player when I was little. Lyrically, the song speaks of rebuffing anyone that comes in between his reaching goals, in lines like And all the haters I swear they look so small from up here. In calling Biebers vocals boyish as they are mature, Monica Herrerra of Billboard reviewed the song positively, commenting. On the week ending December 5,2009, due to digital sales after the release of My World, Bigger debuted on the US Billboard Hot 100 and the Canadian Hot 100. The song debuted at number forty-nine on the Hot Digital Songs chart in the US, in Canada, it debuted at number seventy-eight. It dropped off both charts the following week, Bigger also appeared at number ninety-six on the Japan Hot 100. In both territories it was also the second highest non-previously released song from My World to appear on the charts, in the United Kingdom, after the release of My World, Bigger appeared at number 162. Source Lyrics of this song at MetroLyricsBigger (Justin Bieber song) – Monica Herrerra of Billboard said that Bieber (pictured) had "genuine swagger" on "Bigger"
67. First Dance (song) – First Dance is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, included as a track on his debut release, My World, released on November 17,2009. First Dance is a R&B and teen pop song, that sees Bieber and Usher trade lines, after the release of My World, due to digital sales, the song charted in the lower regions of charts in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. First Dance was written by Bieber, Usher, Jesse Wilson, Ryan Lovette, Dwight Reynolds, Alexander Prettyboifresh Parhm, with the exception of Usher, all other contributors to the song do not have any other credits on the album. The track was one of three songs on the edition of the album that Bieber co-wrote. Dwight Skrapp Reynolds is responsible for the keyboards in the song, First Dance, described to be in a moderate pace, is a R&B song with a length of three minutes and forty-two, with inclinations toward teen pop. Bieber described the song as a slow song that people can dance to. Jon Caramanica of The New York Times said that the song echoed Michael Jacksons You Are Not Alone, the song is set in the time signature of common time, and has a tempo of 100 beats per minute. It is written in the key of A minor, and vocals in the span from the low note of G3 to the high note of E5. Allison Stewart of The Washington Post called the song as a yearning ballad, marc Hirsh of the Boston Globe said that the song combines the Disney route of songs comparing love to a fairytale, and unintentional comedy in the lines Ain’t no chaperones. Girl, I promise I’ll be gentle/ I know we gotta do it slowly’ in a song literally about prom and it dropped off both charts the following week. In both territories, it was also the lowest non-previously released song from My World to appear on the charts, in the United Kingdom, after the release of My World, First Dance appeared at number 156. Songwriting – Justin Bieber, Usher Raymond IV, Jesse Wilson, Ryan Lovette, Dwight Reynolds, Alexander Prettyboifresh Parhm, production – Prettyboifresh Vocal recording – Jeremy Stevenson Mixing – Jaycen Joshua and Dave Pensado, assisted by Giancarlo LinoFirst Dance (song) – Critics appreciated the appearance of Usher (pictured) as the album's only feature.
68. That Should Be Me – That Should Be Me is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, included as the tenth and final track on his first studio album, My World 2.0, released on March 19,2010. The song was written by Bieber alongside Luke Boyd and Nasri Atweh and Adam Messinger of The Messengers and that Should Be Me is an orchestral ballad in which Bieber sings about losing his love, and according to Monica Herrera of Billboard, plays the scorned ex. Most music critics received the song, and it debuted at number ninety-two on the Billboard Hot 100 following the release of My World 2.0. It also serves as the track of Justins first remix album My Worlds Acoustic. In December 2010, it was announced that Bieber would be working with American country band Rascal Flatts on new music, presumably for his second studio album. A music video was released to accompany the remixed version of the song and that Should Be Me was co-written by Bieber alongside Luke Boyd, as well as Nasri Atweh and Adam Messinger of The Messengers, with the latter also producing the track. The song was recorded by The Messengers at NH Studios in North Hollywood, instrumentation and all vocal arrangements were done by Atweh and Messinger. Additional engineering was performed by Pat Thrall, while the track was mixed by Manny Marroquin at Larrabee Studios, the mix was assisted by Christian Plata and Erik Madrid, whereas Atweh and Luke Boyd perform background vocals on the song. According to the music published at Musicnotes. com by Sony/ATV Music Publishing. It is composed in the key of C minor and raises up half a step after the bridge with Biebers vocal range spanning from the low-note of G3 to the high-note of C♯5, the song follows in the chord progression of Cm–A♭2–E♭–G/B. Described as a ballad by Monica Hererra of Billboard, Bieber pleads the girl he left behind to take him back. Herrera called the ballad orchestral and said that Bieber plays the scorned ex in the song, rudy Klapper of Sputnikmusic criticized Biebers constant role as teenage lothario on the album, pointing out That Should Be Me as an example. After the release of My World 2.0, That Should Be Me debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 at number ninety-two and that Should Be Me also appeared on the UK Singles Chart at number 179. Following the release of Never Say Never, The Remixes in 2011 and its actually a really good song. He plays five or six different instruments really well, Bieber confirmed LeVoxs statements, I love @RascalFlatts and Im honored that they are making music with me. And for those that dont know and they have great records like this one. He then linked a fan video of his with Rascal Flatts My Wish playing in the background, on the remix, Melinda Newman of HitFix said Bieber’s and LeVox’s voices create some nice harmony on an otherwise mundane song. Derek Evers of AOL Music said Bieber looks really comfortable belting out a country tune and it was first revealed that Bieber and Flatts would be shooting a video for the remix version of the song when TMZ revealed photos on Bieber on set of the video shootThat Should Be Me – Gary LeVox, lead singer of Rascal Flatts
69. All Around the World Tour – The Believe Tour was the second concert tour by Canadian singer Justin Bieber. It was launched in support of his studio album, Believe. Beginning in September 2012, the tour played over 150 shows in the Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa, in 2012, the tour placed 23rd on Pollstars Top 50 Worldwide Tours. The tour earned $40.2 million from 35 shows, for 2013, it ranked 5th on Pollstars Top 100 Worldwide Tours—Mid Year, earning $69.9 million from 67 shows. The tour was announced on May,2012, during Biebers appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, dates were revealed for shows in the United States and Canada later in the day. Bieber stated the tour would be the biggest show on Earth, shows in the United Kingdom were reported in July 2012, with the tour expected to reach Asia, Australasia, South America, along with South Africa and the Middle East sometime in 2013. Rehearsals began in late July 2012 at the Long Beach Arena in Long Beach, Bieber and his crew would conduct 10-hour rehearsal days. He stated he had a lot to prove with this tour, the tour was an early success in the United States, with many dates selling out in one hour. The two shows at Madison Square Garden were sold out in 30 seconds, in August, the singer conducted an online search for dancers on the tour. The tour kicked off in Glendale, Arizona at the Jobing. com Arena, the premiere made headlines for Bieber feeling ill during the show. His performances of Out of Town Girl and Beauty and a Beat were interrupted as the singer vomited on, Justin Bieber reported further troubles during the concert at the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, Washington. After the show, Bieber tweeted his personal laptop and camera were stolen during the show, many fans lashed out against the arena while others believed the incident was a hoax. Three days following the show, Vevo premiered the video for the third single with an opening message, In October 2012. The following footage was uploaded by an anonymous blogger. Many media outlets reported the theft was a hoax to promote the music video, however, the singers management still affirm property was stolen. When reflecting on the Believe Tour, Biebers favorite moment was his introduction when hed come down from the top of the stage in wings, Bieber explained, Its going to be such a memorable moment from any tour. I think people will remember that, coming down right from the beginning of the show, its me and the wings for about 30 seconds. People are just captivated and theres nothing going on, so that moment is going to bleed into their memoryAll Around the World Tour – Believe Tour
70. Justin Bieber on Twitter – Justin Drew Bieber is a Canadian singer and songwriter. After a talent manager discovered him through his YouTube videos covering songs in 2008 and signed to RBMG, Bieber released his debut EP, My World and it was certified Platinum in the U. S. He became the first artist to have seven songs from a record chart on the Billboard Hot 100. Bieber released his first full-length studio album, My World 2.0 and it debuted at or near number one in several countries, was certified triple Platinum in the U. S. and contained his single Baby. He released his studio album, Under the Mistletoe, in November 2011. Bieber released his studio album, Believe, in 2012. His fourth studio album Purpose was released in November 2015, spawning three number one singles, What Do You Mean and his U. S. album and singles sales total 44.7 million. He has sold an estimated 100 million records, making him one of the world’s best-selling music artists, Bieber has won numerous awards, including the American Music Award for Artist of the Year in 2010 and 2012. In his career, he has won one Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording for the song Where Are Ü Now at the 2016 ceremony. He has been listed four times by Forbes magazine among the top ten most powerful celebrities in the world in 2011,2012, Bieber also became the first artist to surpass 10 billion total video views on Vevo. Bieber was born on March 1,1994, in London, Ontario, at St Josephs Hospital and he is the only child of Jeremy Jack Bieber and Patricia Pattie Mallette. Pattie raised her son with the help of her mother, Diane and his mother is of French-Canadian descent, his paternal great-grandfather was of German ancestry, and his other roots are English, Scottish and Irish. He has also claimed that he has some undetermined Aboriginal Canadian ancestry, through Jeremy, Bieber has two younger half-siblings, Jazmyn and Jaxon. Pattie worked a series of low-paying office jobs, raising Bieber as a mother in low-income housing. Bieber has maintained contact with his father, Bieber attended a French-language immersion elementary school in Stratford, the Jeanne Sauvé Catholic School. Growing up, he learned to play the piano, drums, guitar and he graduated from high school in Stratford, Ontario, the St. Michael Catholic Secondary School in 2012 with a 4.0 GPA. In early 2007, aged 12, Bieber sang Ne-Yos So Sick for a singing competition in Stratford and was placed second. Mallette posted a video of the performance on YouTube for their family and she continued to upload videos of Bieber singing covers of various R&B songs, and Biebers popularity on the site grewJustin Bieber on Twitter – Bieber at the 2012 NRJ Music Awards
71. Wikimedia Foundation – The Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. is an American non-profit and charitable organization headquartered in San Francisco, California. It is mostly known for participating in the Wikimedia movement and it owns the internet domain names of most movement projects and hosts sites like Wikipedia. The foundation was founded in 2003 by Jimmy Wales as a way to fund Wikipedia, as of 2015, the foundation employs over 280 people, with annual revenues in excess of US$75 million. Christophe Henner is chairman of the board, Katherine Maher is the executive director since March 2016. The Wikimedia Foundation has stated its goal is to develop and maintain open content, wiki-based projects, another main objective of the Wikimedia Foundation is political advocacy. The Wikimedia Foundation was granted section 501 status by the U. S, internal Revenue Code as a public charity in 2005. Its National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities code is B60, the foundations by-laws declare a statement of purpose of collecting and developing educational content and to disseminate it effectively and globally. In 2001, Jimmy Wales, an Internet entrepreneur, and Larry Sanger, the project was originally funded by Bomis, Wales for-profit business. As Wikipedias popularity skyrocketed, revenues to fund the project stalled, since Wikipedia was depleting Bomis resources, Wales and Sanger thought of a charity model to fund the project. The Wikimedia Foundation was incorporated in Florida on June 20,2003 and it applied to the United States Patent and Trademark Office to trademark Wikipedia on September 17,2004. The mark was granted status on January 10,2006. Trademark protection was accorded by Japan on December 16,2004, there were plans to license the use of the Wikipedia trademark for some products, such as books or DVDs. In April 2005, the U. S. Accordingly, the by-laws were amended to remove all reference to membership rights, the decision to change the bylaws was passed by the board unanimously. On September 25,2007, the board gave notice that the operations would be moving to the San Francisco Bay Area. Lila Tretikov was appointed director of the Wikimedia Foundation in May 2014. Former chief communications officer Katherine Maher was appointed the executive director. In addition to Wikipedia, the foundation operates other wikis that follow the free content model with their goal being the dissemination of knowledge. These include, Several additional projects exist to provide infrastructure or coordination of the free knowledge projects, for instance, a wiki helps coordinate work on MediaWiki software and Outreach gives guidelines for best practices on encouraging the use of Wikimedia sitesWikimedia Foundation – Executive director Lila Tretikov, 2014