1. Contemporary R&B – Contemporary R&B, also known as simply R&B, is a music genre that combines elements of rhythm and blues, soul, funk, pop, hip hop and dance. The genre features a record production style, drum machine-backed rhythms, an occasional saxophone-laced beat to give a jazz feel. Electronic influences are becoming a trend and the use of hip hop or dance-inspired beats are typical, although the roughness. Contemporary R&B vocalists are often known for their use of melisma, popularized by such as Michael Jackson, R. Kelly, Craig David, Stevie Wonder, Whitney Houston. That same year, Teddy Riley began producing R&B recordings that included hip hop influences and this combination of R&B style and hip hop rhythms was termed new jack swing and was applied to artists such as Bobby Brown, Keith Sweat, Al B. Guy, Jodeci and Bell Biv DeVoe, the style became less popular by the end of the 1990s, but later experienced a resurgence. In 1990 Mariah Carey released Vision of Love as her debut single and it was immensely popular peaking at number 1 in many worldwide charts including the Billboard Hot 100, and it propelled Mariahs carrier. The song is said to have popularized the use of melisma. During the mid-1990s, Whitney Houstons The Bodyguard, Original Soundtrack Album sold over 40 million copies becoming the best-selling soundtrack of all time. Janet Jacksons self-titled fifth studio album janet. which came after her historic multimillion-dollar contract with Virgin Records, sold over twenty million copies worldwide. Boyz II Men and Mariah Carey recorded several Billboard Hot 100 No.1 hits, including One Sweet Day, Carey also released a remix of her 1995 single Fantasy, with Ol Dirty Bastard as a feature, a collaboration format that was unheard of at this point. Carey, Boyz II Men and TLC released albums in 1994 and 1995—Daydream, II and CrazySexyCool. In the late 1990s, neo soul, which added 1970s soul influences to the hip hop soul blend, arose, led by such as DAngelo, Erykah Badu. Hill and Missy Elliott further blurred the line between R&B and hip hop by recording both styles, beginning in 1995, the Grammy Awards enacted the Grammy Award for Best R&B Album, with II by Boyz II Men becoming the first recipient. The award was received by TLC for CrazySexyCool in 1996, Tony Rich for Words in 1997, Erykah Badu for Baduizm in 1998. At the end of 1999, Billboard magazine ranked Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson as the first, simultaneously, in the second half of the 1990s, The Neptunes and Timbaland set influential precedence on contemporary R&B and hip hop music. R&B acts such as Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Usher, in 2001, Alicia Keys released Fallin as her debut single. It peaking at one on the Billboard Hot 100, Mainstream Top 40Contemporary R&B – Whitney Houston.
2. Scooter Braun – Scott Samuel Scooter Braun is an American talent manager and businessman. He owns two record labels, School Boy Records and Raymond-Braun Media Group, RBMG is a joint venture with R&B performer Usher. Three of the most prominent artists Braun represents are Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, for School Boy Records, his represented acts include Psy, Carly Rae Jepsen, Tori Kelly and The Wanted among others. Braun was born to a Jewish family in New York City, to Ervin, the film won in regional and state competitions and then placed third overall. A member of Brauns family sent the film to Steven Spielbergs office, Braun has said Spielbergs response was one of the most inspirational moments in his life. Braun began his career by organizing parties while studying at Emory University in Atlanta, in 2002, Braun was hired to plan after-parties in each of the five cities on the Anger Management Tour, featuring Ludacris and Eminem. This launch into the world of hip-hop led Braun to producer Jermaine Dupri, Braun was 19 years old when Dupri asked him to join So So Def in a marketing position, and 20 when Dupri named him So So Defs executive director for marketing. Still in his year at Emory, Braun was working at So So Def. Some of his larger events included parties for the 2003 NBA All-Star Game, eventually Braun left So So Def to go on his private venture. Some report he was fired from the job after a dispute over the direction of the label, Braun first encountered Justin Bieber when he saw a video of a 12-year-old Bieber on YouTube, performing a song by Ne-Yo. Braun contacted Biebers mother, Pattie Mallette, who agreed to bring her son to Atlanta for a trial period. Eventually, Braun convinced them to move permanently from Canada to the United States, after further online success, Braun pitched Bieber to two successful artists, Usher and Justin Timberlake, both expressed interest. Eventually Ushers mentor, music executive L. A. Reid, under the agreement, the label would take a cut of all revenues generated by Bieber, including ticket sales and merchandising. The group also includes RBMG, a joint venture between Braun and Usher, School Boy Records had a special business arrangement with Universal Music Group and later on with Republic Records for distribution. One source close to Ariana Grande has said that the reasons behind her actions is that She thinks this is the best professional decision for her moving forward. In 2016, Scooter won the award for “Best Talent Manager” at the 3rd annual “International Music Industry Awards” presented by Shazam at the 12th annual MUSEXPO in Los Angeles. Braun appeared on the cover of Billboard in the August 11,2012 Forty Under Forty special issue titled Scooter Braun, Braun was featured on the Time 100 list for 2013. He also appeared a second time on the cover of Billboard in its April 20,2013, issue, alongside Guy Oseary, Braun was born in New York City to Conservative Jewish parents, Ervin and Susan BraunScooter Braun – Braun on stage at Tech Crunch Disrupt in 2010.
3. YouTube – YouTube is an American video-sharing website headquartered in San Bruno, California. The service was created by three former PayPal employees—Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim—in February 2005, Google bought the site in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion, YouTube now operates as one of Googles subsidiaries. Unregistered users can watch videos on the site, while registered users are permitted to upload an unlimited number of videos. Videos deemed potentially offensive are available only to registered users affirming themselves to be at least 18 years old, YouTube earns advertising revenue from Google AdSense, a program which targets ads according to site content and audience. As of February 2017, there are more than 400 hours of content uploaded to YouTube each minute, as of April 2017, the website is ranked as the second most popular site in the world by Alexa Internet, a web traffic analysis company. YouTube was founded by Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim, Hurley had studied design at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, and Chen and Karim studied computer science together at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Karim could not easily find video clips of either event online, Hurley and Chen said that the original idea for YouTube was a video version of an online dating service, and had been influenced by the website Hot or Not. YouTube began as a venture capital-funded technology startup, primarily from an $11.5 million investment by Sequoia Capital between November 2005 and April 2006, YouTubes early headquarters were situated above a pizzeria and Japanese restaurant in San Mateo, California. The domain name www. youtube. com was activated on February 14,2005, the first YouTube video, titled Me at the zoo, shows co-founder Jawed Karim at the San Diego Zoo. The video was uploaded on April 23,2005, and can still be viewed on the site, YouTube offered the public a beta test of the site in May 2005. The first video to reach one million views was a Nike advertisement featuring Ronaldinho in November 2005. Following a $3.5 million investment from Sequoia Capital in November, the site grew rapidly, and in July 2006 the company announced that more than 65,000 new videos were being uploaded every day, and that the site was receiving 100 million video views per day. The site has 800 million unique users a month and it is estimated that in 2007 YouTube consumed as much bandwidth as the entire Internet in 2000. The choice of the name www. youtube. com led to problems for a similarly named website, the sites owner, Universal Tube & Rollform Equipment, filed a lawsuit against YouTube in November 2006 after being regularly overloaded by people looking for YouTube. Universal Tube has since changed the name of its website to www. utubeonline. com, in October 2006, Google Inc. announced that it had acquired YouTube for $1.65 billion in Google stock, and the deal was finalized on November 13,2006. In March 2010, YouTube began free streaming of certain content, according to YouTube, this was the first worldwide free online broadcast of a major sporting event. On March 31,2010, the YouTube website launched a new design, with the aim of simplifying the interface, Google product manager Shiva Rajaraman commented, We really felt like we needed to step back and remove the clutter. In May 2010, YouTube videos were watched more than two times per dayYouTube – From left to right: Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim
4. Usher (entertainer) – Usher Raymond IV is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, and actor. Born in Dallas, Texas but raised and lived in Chattanooga, Tennessee until moving to Atlanta, at the age of 12, his mother put him in local singing competitions, before catching the attention of a music A&R from LaFace Records. In 1994 he released his debut album, Usher. 8701 produced the number-one singles U Remind Me and U Got It Bad and it sold 8 million copies worldwide and won his first two Grammy Awards as Best Male R&B Vocal Performance in 2002 and 2003. Confessions established him as one of the musical artists of the 2000s decade. Bolstered by its four consecutive Billboard Hot 100 number one singles, Burn, Confessions Part II, and My Boo, it has been certified Diamond by the RIAA. Here I Stand and Raymond v. Raymond, debuted atop of the Billboard 200, the EP, Versus, also produced the Hot 100 top-five single DJ Got Us Fallin in Love. Looking 4 Myself, also debuted atop the Billboard 200 chart, Raymond v. Raymond and Looking 4 Myself received Grammy Awards for R&B singles There Goes My Baby and Climax. Hard II Love peaked at five of the Billboard 200 albums chart. Usher has sold 23.8 million albums and 38.2 million digital songs in the United States, to date, his worldwide sales stand at 43 million albums and 75 million records overall, making him one of the best-selling music artists of all time. Usher has won awards and accolades including 18 Billboard Music Awards and 8 Grammy Awards. Billboard also placed him at number 6 on their list of Top 50 R&B/Hip-Hop Artists of the Past 25 Years, Usher has attained 9 US Hot 100 number-one singles. Considered an icon and sex symbol, he was inducted into the Georgia Music Hall of Fame, in 2008, he started his own record label Raymond-Braun Media Group, a joint venture with talent manager Scooter Braun that includes Canadian singer Justin Bieber. Usher was born in Dallas, Texas, the son of Jonetta Patton, from Tennessee, Usher spent the majority of his young life in Chattanooga, his father left the family when Usher was a year old. Usher grew up with his mother, then-stepfather, and half-brother, while in Atlanta, Usher attended North Springs High School. At age 10, Usher joined an R&B local quintet called the NuBeginnings, Usher recorded 10 songs with the group in 1991, and the ensuing album, Nubeginning Featuring Usher Raymond IV, was only made available regionally and by mail order. However, Patton took him out because, according to her, the album was re-released nationally in April 2002 by Hip-O Records. At age 13, Usher would meet A. J, alexander at local talent show in AtlantaUsher (entertainer) – Usher during the Division 1 launch party, 2010
5. Atlanta – Atlanta is the capital of and the most populous city in the U. S. state of Georgia, with an estimated 2015 population of 463,878. Atlanta is the cultural and economic center of the Atlanta metropolitan area, home to 5,710,795 people, Atlanta is the county seat of Fulton County, and a small portion of the city extends eastward into DeKalb County. In 1837, Atlanta was founded at the intersection of two lines, and the city rose from the ashes of the American Civil War to become a national center of commerce. Atlantas economy is considered diverse, with dominant sectors that include logistics, professional and business services, media operations, Atlanta has topographic features that include rolling hills and dense tree coverage. Revitalization of Atlantas neighborhoods, initially spurred by the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, has intensified in the 21st century, altering the demographics, politics. Prior to the arrival of European settlers in north Georgia, Creek Indians inhabited the area, standing Peachtree, a Creek village located where Peachtree Creek flows into the Chattahoochee River, was the closest Indian settlement to what is now Atlanta. As part of the removal of Native Americans from northern Georgia from 1802 to 1825, the Creek ceded the area in 1821. In 1836, the Georgia General Assembly voted to build the Western, the initial route was to run southward from Chattanooga to a terminus east of the Chattahoochee River, which would then be linked to Savannah. After engineers surveyed various possible locations for the terminus, the zero milepost was driven into the ground in what is now Five Points. A year later, the area around the milepost had developed into a settlement, first known as Terminus, and later as Thrasherville after a merchant who built homes. By 1842, the town had six buildings and 30 residents and was renamed Marthasville to honor the Governors daughter, later, J. Edgar Thomson, Chief Engineer of the Georgia Railroad, suggested the town be renamed Atlantica-Pacifica, which was shortened to Atlanta. The residents approved, and the town was incorporated as Atlanta on December 29,1847, by 1860, Atlantas population had grown to 9,554. During the American Civil War, the nexus of multiple railroads in Atlanta made the city a hub for the distribution of military supplies, in 1864, the Union Army moved southward following the capture of Chattanooga and began its invasion of north Georgia. On the next day, Mayor James Calhoun surrendered Atlanta to the Union Army, on November 11,1864, Sherman prepared for the Union Armys March to the Sea by ordering Atlanta to be burned to the ground, sparing only the citys churches and hospitals. After the Civil War ended in 1865, Atlanta was gradually rebuilt, due to the citys superior rail transportation network, the state capital was moved from Milledgeville to Atlanta in 1868. In the 1880 Census, Atlanta surpassed Savannah as Georgias largest city, by 1885, the founding of the Georgia School of Technology and the citys black colleges had established Atlanta as a center for higher education. In 1895, Atlanta hosted the Cotton States and International Exposition, during the first decades of the 20th century, Atlanta experienced a period of unprecedented growth. In three decades time, Atlantas population tripled as the city expanded to include nearby streetcar suburbsAtlanta – From top to bottom left to right: Atlanta skyline seen from Buckhead, the Fox Theatre, the Georgia State Capitol, Centennial Olympic Park, Millennium Gate, the Canopy Walk, the Georgia Aquarium, The Phoenix statue, and the Midtown skyline
6. Island Records – Island Records is a major record label that operates as a division of UMG Recordings, Inc. It was founded by Chris Blackwell, Graeme Goodall and Leslie Kong in Jamaica in 1959, Blackwell sold the label to PolyGram in 1989. Three Island labels exist in the world, Island UK, Island US, and Island Australia, current key people of Island Records include Island president Darcus Beese, OBE and MD Jon Turner. Partially due to the labels significant legacy, Island remains one of UMGs pre-eminent record labels, Island Records was founded in Jamaica on 4 July 1959 by Chris Blackwell, Graeme Goodall and Leslie Kong, and partially financed by Stanley Borden from RKO. Its name was inspired by the Harry Belafonte song Island in the Sun. Blackwell explained in 2009, “I loved music so much, I just wanted to get into it, or be as close to it as I could. ”Tom Hayes, the labels sales manager between 1965 and 1967, referred to the early period of the label in the UK as “organized chaos”. “My Boy Lollipop”, sung by Millie Small, was the labels first success in the UK, Blackwell explained in a 50-year-anniversary documentary that he was only interested in building long-term careers at that stage in time, rather than short-term projects. Suzette Newman has been a colleague of Chris Blackwells since working together in the early days of Island Records. Suzette Newman and Chris Salewicz were the editors for the book “The Story of Island Records, Blackwell relocated to England in May 1962 to garner greater levels of attention after the local Jamaican sound systems proved to be overwhelmingly successful. The vast majority of the artists who had signed to Blackwells fledgling label while he was in Jamaica agreed to allow the entrepreneur to release their music in the UK. While in England, Blackwell travelled throughout the city carrying his stock with him and he did not provide any copies to radio stations, as they would not play any of the Island music, the music was also not reviewed by the press. Meanwhile, Goodall left to start the Doctor Bird record label in 1965, Blackwell signed the Spencer Davis Group to the label. The group became popular and Island started their own independent series to spotlight UK rock talent. They signed artists like John Martyn, Fairport Convention, Free, by the late 1960s and early 1970s, they were a major label in England with artists like Roxy Music, King Crimson, Traffic, The Wailers, and many others. Blackwell had signed Bob Marley, and now Toots and the Maytals, in November 2016, Jackie Jackson described the formation of the group in a radio interview for Kool 97 FM Jamaica. Accompanied by Paul Douglas and Radcliffe Dougie Bryan in studio, Jackson explained, Were all original members of Toots, first it was Toots and the Maytals, three guys, Toots, Raleigh, and Jerry. …And then they were signed to Island Records, Chris Blackwell, and we were their recording band. One day we were summoned to Chris house, and he says, Alright gentleman, I think its timeIsland Records – Island Records
7. One Time (song) – One Time is the debut single of Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It is the first single released from his debut EP, My World and it was first solicited to mainstream and rhythmic radio on May 18,2009. It was released via download in the United States and Canada on July 7,2009. An acoustic version of the song, called the My Heart Edition was released to iTunes on December 22,2009, the song, moderately paced with R&B, pop, and hip-hop influences, is an ode to young love. The song received positive reviews critics, commending its production, vocals. The song was a success, reaching the top twenty in Canada, US, Germany, United Kingdom, France and New Zealand. The single has been certified Platinum in Canada and the United States, the accompanying music video portrays Bieber at a house party, and features his mentor, Usher and hometown friend, Ryan Butler. As of March 2017, the video had been viewed over 510 million times on the video-sharing website YouTube, Bieber performed the song in a number of live appearances including The Dome, The Next Star, and Dick Clarks New Years Rockin Eve with Ryan Seacrest. Before they produced and wrote Biebers debut they had penned several hits, including Beyoncés Single Ladies, Mariah Careys Obsessed, Fabolouss Throw It In the Bag, One Time was produced by Stewart and production duo The Movement, while Harrell provided vocal recording and production. The Movement also received writing credits for the song as did Thabiso Nkhereanye, Bieber recorded the song at RedZones Triangle Sound Studios in Savannah, Georgia a few hours away from Biebers then current home of Atlanta, Georgia. Bieber also recorded some of the track at The Boom Boom Room in Burbank, mixing was done in Atlanta at Silent Sound Studios by Jaycen-Joshua Fowler and Dave Pensado. One Time is described to be in a slow groove. Washington Post called the track, along with Love Me modest club tracks, about. com described it as a solid midtempo beat. The song is composed in the key of C♯ minor, the song is moderately paced, and the introduction and outro are sung in a sing-and-tell format with Bieber repetitively voicing the line Me plus you/Imma tell you one time. Bieber goes into the middle eight the backing is not as much indistinguishable from the rest of the song, however Lamb criticized the song for being too generic, and that Bieber had little room to show his voice. Billboards Michael Menachem called the song a pop song that also taps into a prevalent teen hip-hop aesthetic. He also compared Bieber to Brown on the track, and said that brings to mind vocal debut on Run It. in 2005. Unlike Lamb, Menachem said the song gave Biebers vocals plenty of room to shine as he breaks into the chorusOne Time (song) – "One Time"
8. My World (EP) – My World is the debut extended play by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It was released on 17 November 2009, by Island Records, the album is considered the first half of a two-piece project, later being supplemented by his debut studio album My World 2.0. Its music incorporates pop and R&B styles, and lyrically discusses teen romance, upon its release, My World received generally favorable reviews from music critics, who complimented its production. It debuted at six on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 137,000 copies. In doing so, it became the release for a new artist in 2009, though it was topped the following week by I Dreamed a Dream by Susan Boyle. Upon the release of My World 2.0 in March 2010, Less than two months after its release, the record was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America for sales exceeding one million copies. Internationally, the extended play attained similar success and it debuted atop the Canadian Albums Chart, where it was later certified double platinum. It additionally attained double platinum recognition in the United Kingdom, two singles were released from My World, both of which became international successes. Its lead single One Time reached the top twenty in five countries singles charts, while its follow-up One Less Lonely Girl peaked within the top ten in Canada, the promotional singles Love Me and Favorite Girl peaked in the top forty of the US Billboard Hot 100. The project was promoted through television appearances and the My World Tour in 2010. On February 12,2016, the EP was released on vinyl for the first time, Bieber first began his career through YouTube, posting videos of his performances in singing competitions for family members who could not attend. As his popularity on the website grew, he was discovered by his eventual manager Scooter Braun and he provided him with an audition for L. A. Reid of Island Records, and signed a recording contract in October 2008. In April 2009, after recording his debut single One Time, Usher described Bieber as a phenomenon and definitely a priority for me. Bieber later described the title as the only way could really describe it. When recording My World, Bieber expressed a desire to grow as an artist and have fans grow with, musically, the project incorporates pop and R&B styles, similar to the catalogs of Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Chris Brown, Usher, and Ne-Yo. Entertainment Weekly described the record as featuring sugary puppy-love ballads and dinky dance-pop confections, Bieber looked to address a variety of lyrical themes, which he described as songs that teens can relate to and just stuff that happens in everyday life. The introductory track One Time discusses an admiration of a female, Favorite Girl shares a similar sentiment, describing the object of his affection as his prized possession. The ballad Down to Earth was inspired by the divorce of Biebers parents, Bigger details an aspiration to work past the difficulties a relationship experiencesMy World (EP) – Bieber performing in Bogor, Indonesia during his My World Tour, 2010.
9. RIAA certification – In the United States, the Recording Industry Association of America awards certification based on the number of albums and singles sold through retail and other ancillary markets. Certification is not automatic, for an award to be made, the audit is conducted against net shipments after returns, which includes albums sold directly to retailers and one-stops, direct-to-consumer sales and other outlets. Presently, an American RIAA-certified Gold record is a single or album that has sold 500,000 units, the award was launched in 1958, originally, the requirement for a Gold single was one million units sold and a Gold album represented $1 million in sales. In 1975, the requirement of 500,000 units sold was added for Gold albums. Reflecting growth in sales, the Platinum award was added in 1976 for albums selling one million units. The Multi-Platinum award was introduced in 1984, signifying multiple Platinum levels of albums, in 1989, the sales thresholds for singles were reduced to 500,000 for Gold and 1,000,000 for Platinum, reflecting a decrease in sales of singles. In 1992, RIAA began counting each disc in a set as one unit toward certification. Reflecting additional growth in sales, the Diamond award was instituted in 1999 for albums or singles selling ten million units. Because of these changes in criteria, the sales level associated with a particular award depends on when the award was made, Nielsen SoundScan figures are not used in RIAA certification, the RIAA system predates Nielsen SoundScan and includes sales outlets Nielsen misses. Prior to Nielsen SoundScan, RIAA certification was the only audited and this system has allowed, at times, for record labels to promote an album as Gold or Platinum simply based on large shipments. For instance, in 1978 the Sgt, peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band soundtrack shipped platinum but was a sales bust, with two million returns. Similarly, all four albums by the members of Kiss simultaneously shipped Platinum that same year. A similar discrepancy between shipments and sales was reported with The Lion King soundtrack, multi-disc albums are counted once for each disc within the album if it is over 100 minutes in length or is from the vinyl era. Pink Floyds The Wall and The Beatles White Album, both vinyl-era, are also counted double even though their running times are under the minimum requirement. Since 2000, the RIAA also awards Los Premios de Oro y De Platino to Latin albums which are defined by the RIAA as a type of product that features at least 51% of content in Spanish, the thresholds were 100,000 units and 200,000 units. All Spanish-language albums certified prior to 2008 were updated to match the current certification at the time, la Bomba by Bolivian group Azul Azul is the only single to receive a Latin certification based on shipments before the creation of the Latin digital singles awards in 2013. The Disco de Diamante award was introduced after the RIAA updated the thresholds for Latin certifications in December 20,2013, the Disco de Diamante is awarded to Latin albums that have been certified 10× Platinum. The thresholds were previously 1,000,000 units and 2,000,000 units, when the RIAA changed the certification standards to match retail distribution in August 2006, all Platinum and Multi-Platinum awards for a digital release were withdrawnRIAA certification – A platinum award for the album GHV2 of Madonna.
10. Billboard Hot 100 – The Billboard Hot 100 is the music industry standard record chart in the United States for singles, published weekly by Billboard magazine. Chart rankings are based on sales, radio play and online streaming, the weekly sales period was originally Monday to Sunday, when Nielsen started tracking sales in 1991, but was changed to Friday to Thursday in July 2015. Radio airplay, which, unlike sales figures and streaming data, is available on a real-time basis. A new chart is compiled and officially released to the public by Billboard on Tuesdays, as of the issue for the week ending on April 15,2017, the Hot 100 has had 1,061 different number one hits. The current number one song is Shape of You by Ed Sheeran, prior to 1955, Billboard did not have a unified, all-encompassing popularity chart, instead measuring songs by individual metrics. At the start of the era in 1955, three such charts existed, Best Sellers in Stores was the first Billboard chart, established in 1936. This chart ranked the biggest selling singles in retail stores, as reported by merchants surveyed throughout the country, Most Played by Jockeys was Billboards original airplay chart. It ranked the most played songs on United States radio stations, as reported by radio disc jockeys, Most Played in Jukeboxes ranked the most played songs in jukeboxes across the United States. On the week ending November 12,1955, Billboard published The Top 100 for the first time, the Top 100 combined all aspects of a singles performance, based on a point system that typically gave sales more weight than radio airplay. The Best Sellers In Stores, Most Played by Jockeys and Most Played in Jukeboxes charts continued to be published concurrently with the new Top 100 chart. The week ending July 28,1958 was the publication of the Most Played By Jockeys and Top 100 charts. On August 4,1958, Billboard premiered one main all-genre singles chart, the Hot 100 quickly became the industry standard and Billboard discontinued the Best Sellers In Stores chart on October 13,1958. The Billboard Hot 100 is still the standard by which a songs popularity is measured in the United States, the Hot 100 is ranked by radio airplay audience impressions as measured by Nielsen BDS, sales data compiled by Nielsen Soundscan and streaming activity provided by online music sources. There are several component charts that contribute to the calculation of the Hot 100. Charts are ranked by number of gross audience impressions, computed by cross-referencing exact times of radio airplay with Arbitron listener data. Hot Singles Sales, the top selling singles compiled from a sample of retail store, mass merchant and internet sales reports collected, compiled. The chart is released weekly and measures sales of commercial singles. With the decline in sales of singles in the USBillboard Hot 100 – The Billboard logo
11. My World 2.0 – My World 2.0 is the debut studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Justin Bieber. It was released on March 19,2010, by Island Records and it is considered the second half of a two-piece project, being supplemented by his debut extended play My World. The record follows in the vein of My World, incorporating pop and R&B styles, lyrically, it discusses teen romance and coming of age situations. Upon its release, My World 2.0 received generally favorable reviews from music critics and it debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 283,000 copies. In doing so, Bieber became the youngest solo male artist to top the chart since Stevie Wonder in 1963, with My World peaking at number five that week, he became the first artist to occupy two top-five positions since Nelly in 2004. When the album sold more copies in its week, it became the first album since The Beatles 1 to debut at number one. Bieber also had his second number one album in Canada, and in its second week the album peaked at number one in Ireland, Australia. It also charted in the top ten of fifteen other countries, Bieber supported the album with his very first headlining tour, the My World Tour. The album was preceded by the single, Baby, featuring Ludacris, which was released on January 18,2010. Somebody to Love impacted radio as the second single on April 20,2010. The album received a Grammy Award nomination for Best Pop Vocal Album at the 2011 ceremony. In 2009, in an interview with Billboard at the Z100 Jingle Ball, Bieber said that people do not want to wait over a year and half for new music, and it was decided best to give it in parts. In an interview with the Houston Chronicle, Bieber stated, I wanted to do something that was a bit more R&B. I just wanted to be able to show my vocal abilities, in a piece with The New York Times Bieber stated that most of the production took place in Atlanta, and confirmed collaborating again with Tricky Stewart and The-Dream. Bieber said, that he was hoping that the album would be better, considering that My World was his first time in a studio. The album has been described as edgier and more mature than its predecessor, Bieber stated, I wanted to do something that was a little bit more R&B and that could reach out to everyone. I just wanted to be able to show my vocal abilities, sara Anderson of AOL Music commented that his sophomore release also showcases pop-y and hip-hop fused tracks. The record has also said to mine vintage teen-pop themesMy World 2.0 – My World 2.0
12. Baby (Justin Bieber song) – Baby is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It was released as the single from the latter half of Biebers debut album. It was available for download on January 18,2010. The song received airplay directly after release, officially impacting mainstream, the song is uptempo R&B, blending together dance-pop and hip-hop elements, while using influences of doo-wop music. The song has received reviews from critics who complimented the songs effective lyrics and chorus, and commended Ludacris part. The accompanying music video takes place in a mall/bowling-alley setting, the video features several cameos such as Drake, Lil Twist and Tinashe, in which Bieber chases after a girl. As of May 2013, the song has sold 3.9 million digital downloads in the United States, the official music video is the eighteenth most-viewed video all-time on YouTube, and is also, as of 2017, the YouTube video with the most dislikes. It had been the most-viewed from July 12,2010 until November 24,2012, Bieber performed the song several times, including Saturday Night Live, and the ninth season of American Idol. Bieber also performed a rendition of the remix version with Drake at the 2010 Juno Awards. The official remix in the United Kingdom features British hip-hop artist Chipmunk, when asked how the collaboration initially came about, Bieber said, both live in Atlanta. I met him a year prior to this and we figured it was a collaboration for him. Bieber first premiered the song performing on MuchMusic on December 28,2009, a few days before the release of the single, Bieber posted an acoustic version of the song to his YouTube with his guitarist Dan Kanterr, similar to the way he did with Favorite Girl. Billboard said that, Bieber delivers his characteristically clean vocals with conviction, My first love broke my heart for the first time / and Im like, baby, baby, baby, I thought youd always be mine. Also in a review of the acoustic version Bill Lamb of About. com said that I think the vocals here will convince some that Justin Bieber really does have the vocal chops. The song is upbeat, featuring Biebers R&B vocals over a backdrop containing a dance infused beat, full of keyboard. The song is composed in the key of E♭ major with Biebers vocal range spanning from the low-note of G3 to the high-note of C5. Lyrically, Biebers lines explain his distress over his lost love, the chorus features the distinct and repetitive baby, baby, baby, ohhhh hook. A famous section of the song plays Baby, Baby baby oh and it is the catchphrase of the song that identifies the songBaby (Justin Bieber song) – "Baby"
13. My Worlds Acoustic – My Worlds Acoustic is the first remix album by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It was released on November 26,2010 and was sold exclusively at Walmart retail stores. The album features nine versions of songs from his debut extended play, My World. The new versions of the songs were produced by Biebers music director, Dan Kanter, his vocal producer Kuk Harrell, internationally, the set is included as a part of the compilation album, My Worlds, The Collection, which included songs from the previous two releases. My Worlds Acoustic was released to iTunes, on February 8,2011, according to Bieber, he wanted to release the album for the naysayers who critiqued his actual singing ability. The singer said that he wanted to have an acoustic album, although labeled as an acoustic album, the songs still include subtle usages of electronic sounds such as synthesizers. The album received favorable reviews from critics, however most critics were not satisfied that the album was not genuinely acoustic. In Canada, the song debuted at five, and later peaked at number four on the Canadian Albums Chart. My Worlds Acoustic debuted at seven on the US Billboard 200, selling 115,000 copies in its first week. On October 18,2010, Bieber announced on his Twitter plans for an album in time for the holiday season. Days later, on October 24,2010, he revealed that the album was set for release on November 26,2010. The singer said he wanted to do the set because the Electronic Music production sometimes drowns out your voice and takes away from the singer, over the synths. According to Kyle Anderson of MTV News the album might not have been just another project, in the same interview he confirmed that Baby and other My World 2.0 songs were re-recorded, as well as a new song. It was later confirmed that the song was a song entitled. According to Bieber, the song is a gift to his fans, vocally, Biebers vocals are sung in a lower key compared to previous singles. Bieber plays guitar on the album, along with his guitarist, the new versions of the other songs on the album were produced by Kanter, Biebers vocal producer Kuk Harrell, and also producer Rob Wells. The video premiered during Game 3 of the 2010 World Series, and in the clip, Bieber performed Pray for the first time at the 2010 American Music Awards. The performance opened with Bieber sitting playing the piano while singing, midway through the performance Bieber arose from the piano and took center stage, he was accompanied by a choir singing background vocalsMy Worlds Acoustic – My Worlds Acoustic
14. Justin Bieber: Never Say Never – Justin Bieber, Never Say Never is a 2011 3-D concert film centering on singer Justin Bieber. It was released in the United States, Canada and Africa on February 11,2011, a sequel to Never Say Never was released on December 25,2013 entitled Justin Biebers Believe. The film follows the pop star Justin Bieber during 10 days counting down to what is considered his biggest performance, that of August 31,2010 in Madison Square Garden and it shows footage of the performances during this period from his My World Tour. The main people around Bieber, being like family and good friends to him, are interviewed, various instances of praying together before a show are shown. The film also includes a visit Bieber made to his hometown while being in Canada for the tour and he is scolded for having damaged his voice while having fun with his old friends. Reluctantly he accepts the postponement of a performance in Syracuse and he is not allowed to speak for some days, and thus recovers enough to do the next performance, at MSG. Also included are some stories and old videos of Biebers childhood and he was raised by his mother but also had a very special bond with his maternal step-grandfather. The latter still gets emotional about the time that Bieber and his moved to Atlanta. The website also reported that the film, described as a feature biopic would be directed by the Academy Award-winning An Inconvenient Truths director Davis Guggenheim, the untitled film was said to also include performances from Biebers My World Tour throughout. Biebers manager Scooter Braun and Island Def Jam president L. A. Reid were tapped to produce, after the report was published by Deadline, Bieber confirmed the news on his official Twitter account, and verified that it would be released around February 11,2011. In a following tweet, Bieber stated that the performances for the film would be set to take place at Madison Square Garden on the tour. On August 4,2010, Deadline reported that Guggenheim had dropped out of the position for the film. After the future of the film was up in the air for a few days, on August 13,2010, it was reported that Step Up 3D director Jon Chu was recruited to direct the film. On directing the film, Chu stated that he jumped at the opportunity to tell a story with honesty and heart, as most people did not know that Bieber had a true underdog story. Chu went on to say that he hoped to tell his story in a compelling, genuine way, in another interview, Chu said that the movie was for fans and non-fans alike, commenting, were gonna tell the underdog story of where he came from. He later explained that it was fascinating due to Biebers story had much to do with the digital lifestyle, such as using YouTube. On the type of film, Chu said Theres not going to be acted-out scenes and its not your typical concert film and its not going to be a biopic, but it is about his life. The contest lasted for twenty-four hours, on August 31,2010, filming took place at his concert at Madison Square Garden for scenes for the film, and Bieber donned white and purple attire, his tour colorsJustin Bieber: Never Say Never – Theatrical release poster
15. Best New Artist – The Grammy Award for Best New Artist has been awarded since 1959. Years reflect the year in which the Grammy Awards were handed out, the award was not presented in 1967. The official guidelines are as follows, For a new artist who releases, during the Eligibility Year, note that this is not necessarily the first album released by an artist. It is sometimes asserted, with varying degrees of sincerity, that winning the award is a curse, as several award winners were never able to duplicate the success they experienced in their debut year. This viewpoint was expressed by former Starland Vocal Band member Taffy Danoff in a 2002 interview for VH1s 100 Greatest One Hit Wonders, so that was basically the kiss of death and I feel sorry for everyone whos gotten it since. The category is also notable for being the one of its kind in which a Grammy Award was vacated. This occurred in 1990 after it was revealed winners Milli Vanilli did not contribute their own vocals on their debut album, the award was revoked, but was not handed out to another artist. Of the 54 awards presented in the category since its inception, the honor has been presented to 25 solo female artists,18 duos or groups, between 1997 and 2003, all the winners were solo female artists. Also, from 1993 to 2005, no winner was a male artist. In 2006, John Legend broke this trend, which started with Marc Cohn in 1992. Only four artists have won both Best New Artist and Album of the Year in the year, Bob Newhart in 1961, Christopher Cross in 1981, Lauryn Hill in 1999. Of all the winners, only three have been country artists, in 1997, LeAnn Rimes became the first country artist to win the award. She was followed by Carrie Underwood in 2007 and Zac Brown Band in 2010, additionally,2017 marked the first time that two country artists were nominated in this category in the same year. 1984 marked the first time all of the nominees were from outside of the United States. Over the years, the eligibility rules for this category have changed several times, in 2010, Lady Gagas exclusion from the Best New Artist category caused the Recording Academy to change eligibility requirements for the next ceremony. She was ineligible for the nomination because her hit Just Dance had been nominated in 2008, the new rule stated that an artist can be nominated as long as that artist has not previously released an entire album and has subsequently not won a Grammy. To be eligible in the category of Best New Artist, the artist, duo, or group, Must have released a minimum of five singles/tracks or one album, but no more than 30 singles/tracks or three albums. May not have entered into this more than three times, including as a performing member of an established groupBest New Artist – The Beatles members John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and George Harrison (clockwise from top left)
16. Best Pop Vocal Album – The honor was first presented in 1968 at the 10th Grammy Awards as Best Contemporary Album to The Beatles for Sgt. The category was discontinued until 1995 where it emerged with the new name Best Pop Album. In 2001, the became known as Best Pop Vocal Album. According to the category description guide for the 52nd Grammy Awards, kelly Clarkson and Adele are the only artists to win the award twice. ^ Each year is linked to the article about the Grammy Awards held that year, billboard 200 Grammy Award for Best Pop Instrumental Album List of popular music genres Official site of the Grammy AwardsBest Pop Vocal Album – The Beatles, the 1968 award-winning band for Best Contemporary Album.
17. 53rd Grammy Awards – The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards were held on February 13,2011, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. They were broadcast on CBS with a rating of 26.6 million viewers, barbra Streisand was honored as the MusiCares Person of the Year two nights prior to the telecast on February 11. Nominations were announced on December 1,2010 and a total of 109 awards were presented, most of the awards were presented during the pre-telecast, which took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center next to the Staples Center, where the main telecast took place. The eligibility period was September 1,2009 to September 30,2010, for the third year, nominations were announced on prime-time television as part of The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live. – Countdown to Musics Biggest Night a one-hour special broadcast live on CBS from Club Nokia at L. A. Live, arcade Fire won Album of the Year for The Suburbs becoming the first indie act to do so, and surprising many viewers and critics. Baba Yetu composed and arranged by Christopher Tin won Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist, is the first Grammy given to a piece of written for a Video Game. Esperanza Spalding was awarded Best New Artist, Lady Antebellum won five awards including Record of the Year and Song of the Year for Need You Now. Other multiple winners include, David Frost, John Legend, Lady Gaga, Jay-Z, the Black Keys, Eminem, Herbie Hancock, Alicia Keys, The Roots, Christopher Tin and BeBe Winans won two awards each. The television broadcast of the 53rd Grammy Awards marked the last awards show for the Grammys executive producer, John Cossette, dre, Eminem, Havoc, Emile Haynie, Jim Jonsin, Just Blaze, Mr. Luke, Kuk Harrell, Max Martin, Stargate, C. Power – Kanye West Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group On to the Next One – Jay Z & Swiss Beatz Shutterbugg – Big Boi & Cutty Fancy – Drake, T. I. & Swizz Beatz My Chick Bad – Ludacris & Nicki Minaj Lose My Mind – Young Jeezy & Plies Best Rap/Sung Collaboration Empire State of Mind – Jay-Z & Alicia Keys Nothin on You – B. o. Battle Studies Michael H. Luke California Gurls – Katy Perry Featuring Snoop Dogg For Your Entertainment – Adam Lambert Hungover – Ke$ha Kiss n Tell – Ke$ha Magic – B. o. o. Johnson, surround mix engineer, Keith O. Daugherty, Metropolis Symphony, Deus Ex Machina Mark Donahue, John Hill & Dirk Sobotka, engineers Have You Ever Been53rd Grammy Awards – 53rd Annual Grammy Awards
18. Justin Bieber – Justin Drew Bieber is a Canadian singer and songwriter. After a talent manager discovered him through his YouTube videos covering songs in 2008 and signed to RBMG, Bieber released his debut EP, My World and it was certified Platinum in the U. S. He became the first artist to have seven songs from a record chart on the Billboard Hot 100. Bieber released his first full-length studio album, My World 2.0 and it debuted at or near number one in several countries, was certified triple Platinum in the U. S. and contained his single Baby. He released his studio album, Under the Mistletoe, in November 2011. Bieber released his studio album, Believe, in 2012. His fourth studio album Purpose was released in November 2015, spawning three number one singles, What Do You Mean and his U. S. album and singles sales total 44.7 million. He has sold an estimated 100 million records, making him one of the world’s best-selling music artists, Bieber has won numerous awards, including the American Music Award for Artist of the Year in 2010 and 2012. In his career, he has won one Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording for the song Where Are Ü Now at the 2016 ceremony. He has been listed four times by Forbes magazine among the top ten most powerful celebrities in the world in 2011,2012, Bieber also became the first artist to surpass 10 billion total video views on Vevo. Bieber was born on March 1,1994, in London, Ontario, at St Josephs Hospital and he is the only child of Jeremy Jack Bieber and Patricia Pattie Mallette. Pattie raised her son with the help of her mother, Diane and his mother is of French-Canadian descent, his paternal great-grandfather was of German ancestry, and his other roots are English, Scottish and Irish. He has also claimed that he has some undetermined Aboriginal Canadian ancestry, through Jeremy, Bieber has two younger half-siblings, Jazmyn and Jaxon. Pattie worked a series of low-paying office jobs, raising Bieber as a mother in low-income housing. Bieber has maintained contact with his father, Bieber attended a French-language immersion elementary school in Stratford, the Jeanne Sauvé Catholic School. Growing up, he learned to play the piano, drums, guitar and he graduated from high school in Stratford, Ontario, the St. Michael Catholic Secondary School in 2012 with a 4.0 GPA. In early 2007, aged 12, Bieber sang Ne-Yos So Sick for a singing competition in Stratford and was placed second. Mallette posted a video of the performance on YouTube for their family and she continued to upload videos of Bieber singing covers of various R&B songs, and Biebers popularity on the site grewJustin Bieber – Bieber at the 2012 NRJ Music Awards
19. Concert tour – A concert is a live music performance in front of an audience. A recital is a concert by a soloist or small group which follows a program, a recitalist is a musician who gives frequent recitals. The invention of the piano recital has been attributed to Franz Liszt. The performance may be by a musician, sometimes then called a recital, or by a musical ensemble, such as an orchestra, choir. Indoor concerts held in the largest venues are sometimes called arena concerts or amphitheatre concerts, informal names for a concert include show and gig. Regardless of the venue, musicians perform on a stage. Concerts often require live event support with professional audio equipment, before recorded music, concerts provided the main opportunity to hear musicians play. The nature of a concert varies by musical genre, individual performers, concerts by a small jazz combo or small bluegrass band may have the same order of program, mood, and volume—but vary in music and dress. In a similar way, a musician, band, or genre of music might attract concert attendees with similar dress, hairstyle. For example, concert goers in the 1960s often had hair, sandals. Regular attendees to a concert venue might also have a style that comprises that venues scene. Other Types of concerts, To plan or arrange by mutual agreement, some performers or groups put on very elaborate and expensive shows. To create a memorable and exciting atmosphere and increase the spectacle, some singers, especially popular music, augment concert sound with pre-recorded accompaniment, back-up dancers, and even broadcast vocal tracks of the singers own voice. Activities during these concerts can include dancing, sing-alongs, and moshing, concerts involving a greater number of artists, especially those that last for multiple days, are known as festivals. Unlike other concerts, which remain in a single genre of music or work of a particular artist, festivals often cover a broad scope of music. Due to their size, festivals are almost exclusively held outdoors, new platforms for festivals are becoming increasingly popular such as Jam Cruise, which is a festival held on a cruise ship, as well as Mayan Holidaze, which is a destination festival held in Tulum. Often concert tours are named, to differentiate different tours by the same artist, different segments of longer concert tours are known as legs. In the largest concert tours it is becoming common for different legs to employ separate touring production crews and equipmentConcert tour – A classical music concert in the Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia, 2005
20. Pop music – Pop music is a genre of popular music that originated in its modern form in the United States and United Kingdom during the mid 1950s. The terms popular music and pop music are used interchangeably, although the former describes all music that is popular. Pop and rock were synonymous terms until the late 1960s, when they were used in opposition from each other. Although pop music is seen as just the singles charts, it is not the sum of all chart music. Pop music is eclectic, and often borrows elements from other such as urban, dance, rock, Latin. Identifying factors include generally short to medium-length songs written in a format, as well as the common use of repeated choruses, melodic tunes. David Hatch and Stephen Millward define pop music as a body of music which is distinguishable from popular, jazz, according to Pete Seeger, pop music is professional music which draws upon both folk music and fine arts music. Although pop music is seen as just the singles charts, it is not the sum of all chart music, the music charts contain songs from a variety of sources, including classical, jazz, rock, and novelty songs. Pop music, as a genre, is seen as existing and developing separately, pop music continuously evolves along with the terms definition. The term pop song was first recorded as being used in 1926, Hatch and Millward indicate that many events in the history of recording in the 1920s can be seen as the birth of the modern pop music industry, including in country, blues and hillbilly music. The Oxford Dictionary of Music states that while pops earlier meaning meant concerts appealing to a wide audience. Since the late 1950s, however, pop has had the meaning of non-classical mus, usually in the form of songs, performed by such artists as the Beatles. Grove Music Online also states that, in the early 1960s pop music competed terminologically with beat music, while in the USA its coverage overlapped with that of rock and roll. From about 1967, the term was used in opposition to the term rock music. Whereas rock aspired to authenticity and an expansion of the possibilities of music, pop was more commercial, ephemeral. It is not driven by any significant ambition except profit and commercial reward, and, in musical terms, it is essentially conservative. It is, provided from on high rather than being made from below, pop is not a do-it-yourself music but is professionally produced and packaged. The beat and the melodies tend to be simple, with limited harmonic accompaniment, the lyrics of modern pop songs typically focus on simple themes – often love and romantic relationships – although there are notable exceptionsPop music – The Oxford Dictionary of Music states that the term "pop" refers to music performed by such artists as the Rolling Stones (pictured here in a 2006 performance)
21. Sean Kingston – Kisean Anderson, known professionally as Sean Kingston, is a Jamaican-American singer, songwriter, rapper and record producer whose first album, Sean Kingston, was released in 2007. Kisean Anderson was born on February 3,1990, in Miami, Florida, and moved to Kingston, Jamaica and he attended high school in Ocho Rios. His grandfather was the noted Jamaican reggae producer Lawrence Lindo, who worked under the stage name Jack Ruby, Kingston was discovered on Myspace by Tommy Rotem at Beluga Heights, and signed to the label in a partnership deal with Sony. At Beluga we essentially refine the talent so that its more of a marketable product, in a venture between Epic Records and Koch Records, Kingston recorded and released the single Beautiful Girls in May 2007. The song peaked at the top of the Billboard Hot 100, Beautiful Girls was a success internationally, topping the charts in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, Spain and the United Kingdom. In the latter country, the song spent four weeks at the summit of the UK Singles Chart, in 2007, Kingston was the opening act for Gwen Stefanis The Sweet Escape Tour and for select dates on Beyoncés The Beyoncé Experience Tour. In 2008, he was one of the acts for the Australian leg of Kelly Clarksons My December Tour. Since Sean is a Jamaican singer, he got his name from the capital of Jamaica called Kingston. The album Tomorrow was released on September 22,2009, producers involved in the album included former Fugee Wyclef Jean, RedOne, plus Seans original mentor, J. R. Rotem. Fire Burning, and Face Drop were released as singles, additionally, five promotional digital singles were released leading up to the album. Kingston co-wrote Jason Derulos Whatcha Say and he also found the R&B-reggae singer Iyaz on MySpace and signed him to his record label. He also recorded the track Miss Everything for the UK girl-group Sugababes studio album Sweet 7 which was released March 15,2010, Kingston and DJ Khaled are being featured on Bow Wows new single For My Hood, from the movie, The Lottery Ticket. The album features T-Pain, Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, Flo Rida, Soulja Boy, Wyclef Jean, Cher Lloyd, Akon and Dr. Dre. The first single from the album is Eenie Meenie featuring Justin Bieber, released on March 23,2010 and this collaboration with the young star has been the source of much disapproval from the rap community. The second single from the album is Letting Go, which features a verse from Nicki Minaj and it was released on iTunes August 3, while the third is Dumb Love and was released on iTunes September 8. Sean Kingstons new song She Moves samples Irena Caras What a Feeling from the film Flashdance and this has not been release as a single. A fourth single Party All Night was released on December 21,2010, Kingston represented the continents of North and South America to sing the Official Theme Song of the Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games, Everyone. However, Kingston was unable to attend the Singapore Youth Olympics 2010 opening ceremony due to passport mix ups, Sean was invited to be featured with Cash Money Records/former So So Def member Bow Wow on his single For My HoodSean Kingston – Sean Kingston in 1KWMODOW
22. The Stunners (group) – The Stunners was an American pop girl group, formed in Los Angeles, California in 2007. Originally the members were Allie Gonino, Hayley Kiyoko, Marisol Esparza, Kelsey Sanders, in July 2009, after the debut single Bubblegum, Sanders left the group and was substituted by Lauren Hudson. The group split up in 2011, in 2007, Allie Gonino, Hayley Kiyoko, Kelsey Sanders, Marisol Esparza, and Tinashe became friends and formed the group. Six months later, the signed with Columbia Records and contributed a song to the iCarly soundtrack. In March 18, they released a single titled Bubblegum to iTunes along with the video for the single. The single and video were removed from iTunes. In July,2009 Sanders left the group to pursue her career and was substituted by Lauren Hudson. In December 2009, they released the single We Got It, the group performed the song on The Today Show as well as The Wendy Williams Show. In 2010, they signed to Universal Republic Records and released the single Dancin Around the Truth to iTunes as well as Top 40 radio stations, the music video premiered June 2, just before the group was announced as an opening act on Justin Biebers My World Tour. They shot a music video in the desert of California in November for their new song Spin The Bottle which premiered on December 31,2010. Opening act My World Tour Twitter Official Facebook OfficialThe Stunners (group) – Hudson, Esparza, Tinashe, Gonino and Kiyoko performing live in 2010.
23. Houston Chronicle – The Houston Chronicle is the largest daily newspaper in Houston, Texas, United States. As of April 2016, it is the third-largest newspaper by Sunday circulation in the United States, with its 1995 buy-out of long-time rival the Houston Post, the Chronicle became Houstons primary newspaper. The Houston Chronicle is the largest daily paper owned and operated by the Hearst Corporation, the paper employs nearly 2,000 people, including approximately 300 journalists, editors, and photographers. The Chronicle has bureaus in Washington, D. C. and it reports that its web site averages 125 million page views per month. The publication serves as the newspaper of record of the Houston area, previously headquartered in the Houston Chronicle Building at 801 Texas Avenue, Downtown Houston, the Houston Chronicle is now located at 4747 Southwest Freeway. From its inception, the practices and policies of the Houston Chronicle were shaped by strong-willed personalities who were the publishers, the history of the newspaper can be best understood when divided into the eras of these individuals. The Houston Chronicle was founded in 1901 by a reporter for the now-defunct Houston Post. The Chronicles first edition was published on October 14,1901, at the end of its first month in operation, the Chronicle had a circulation of 4,378 — roughly one tenth of the population of Houston at the time. Within the first year of operation, the paper purchased and consolidated the Daily Herald, in 1908, Foster asked Jesse H. Jones agreed, and the resulting Chronicle Building was one of the finest in the South. Under Foster, the circulation grew from about 7,000 in 1901 to 75,000 on weekdays and 85,000 on Sundays by 1926. Foster continued to write columns under the pen name Mefo, and he sold the rest of his interest to Jesse H. Jones on June 26,1926 and promptly retired. In 1911, City Editor George Kepple started Goodfellows, on a Christmas Eve in 1911, Kepple passed a hat among the Chronicles reporters to collect money to buy toys for a shoe-shine boy. Goodfellows continues today through donations made by the newspaper and its readers and it has grown into a city-wide program that provides needy children between the ages of two and ten with toys during the winter holidays. In 2003, Goodfellows distributed almost 250,000 toys to more than 100,000 needy children in the Greater Houston area, in 1926, Jesse H. Jones became the sole owner of the paper. He had approached Foster about selling, and Foster had answered and he replied, On real estate and everything about 200,000 dollars. I then said to him that I would give him 300,000 dollars in cash, having in mind that this would pay his debts, I considered the offer substantially more than the Chronicle was worth at the time. No sooner had I finished stating my proposition than he said, I will take it, in 1937, Jesse H. Jones transferred ownership of the paper to the newly established Houston Endowment Inc. Jones retained the title of publisher until his death in 1956. As such, it eschewed controversial political topics, such as integration or the impacts of economic growth on life in the cityHouston Chronicle – Front page of the first edition of the Houston Chronicle, 14 October 1901.
24. Studio album – Album, is a collection of audio recordings issued as a single item on CD, record, audio tape, or another medium. Albums of recorded music were developed in the early 20th century, first as books of individual 78rpm records, vinyl LPs are still issued, though in the 21st century album sales have mostly focused on compact disc and MP3 formats. The audio cassette was a format used from the late 1970s through to the 1990s alongside vinyl, an album may be recorded in a recording studio, in a concert venue, at home, in the field, or a mix of places. Recording may take a few hours to years to complete, usually in several takes with different parts recorded separately. Recordings that are done in one take without overdubbing are termed live, the majority of studio recordings contain an abundance of editing, sound effects, voice adjustments, etc. With modern recording technology, musicians can be recorded in separate rooms or at times while listening to the other parts using headphones. Album covers and liner notes are used, and sometimes additional information is provided, such as analysis of the recording, historically, the term album was applied to a collection of various items housed in a book format. In musical usage the word was used for collections of pieces of printed music from the early nineteenth century. Later, collections of related 78rpm records were bundled in book-like albums, the LP record, or 33 1⁄3 rpm microgroove vinyl record, is a gramophone record format introduced by Columbia Records in 1948. It was adopted by the industry as a standard format for the album. Apart from relatively minor refinements and the important later addition of stereophonic sound capability, the term album had been carried forward from the early nineteenth century when it had been used for collections of short pieces of music. Later, collections of related 78rpm records were bundled in book-like albums, as part of a trend of shifting sales in the music industry, some commenters have declared that the early 21st century experienced the death of the album. Sometimes shorter albums are referred to as mini-albums or EPs, Albums such as Tubular Bells, Amarok, Hergest Ridge by Mike Oldfield, and Yess Close to the Edge, include fewer than four tracks. There are no rules against artists such as Pinhead Gunpowder referring to their own releases under thirty minutes as albums. These are known as box sets, material is stored on an album in sections termed tracks, normally 11 or 12 tracks. A music track is a song or instrumental recording. The term is associated with popular music where separate tracks are known as album tracks. When vinyl records were the medium for audio recordings a track could be identified visually from the groovesStudio album – Early record albums were packages of 78 RPM records in book form
25. Tricky Stewart – Christopher Alan Tricky Stewart is an American songwriter, record producer, music publisher, executive producer, recording industry executive and recording studio owner. He is also a president of A&R at Epic Records. In a career spanning over 20 years, Stewart, at the helm of his company RedZone Entertainment, is responsible for over 25 million records sold and he is noted for producing many hip hop, R&B and pop chart topping singles, often with The-Dream. In 2012, he was included in Billboards 40 Under 40, Stewart was born in Markham, Illinois. Raised in a family, he was playing guitar, playing keyboards. Before graduating high school, Stewart had placements with artists such as Aaron Hall, rhythm and blues trio IMx, Stewart credits his work with Moore with opening many doors for him in his burgeoning music career. In 1994, Stewart produced Treat U Right for Blackgirl, around this time, Stewart met record producer and songwriter L. A. Reid, who offered him a deal to move his production company to Atlanta. Stewarts career and reputation continued to grow, achieving a breakthrough in 1999 when he co-wrote the single Who Dat for JT Money. Who Dat was a No.1 rap single, ASCAPs Song of the Year, as a talent scout and manager, Stewart and RedZone helped grow the careers of such artists as Solé and Sam Salter. In 2000, Tricky co-wrote and produced Interscope artist Mýas breakthrough single Case of the Ex and it peaked at number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 in December 2000, and stayed in the Top 10 for three months. Around this time, Stewart discovered and signed Blu Cantrell, and it peaked at No.8 on the Billboard 200 album chart and spawned the No.2 hit Hit em Up Style. In 2002, Tricky co-produced and co-wrote B2Ks debut single, Uh Huh and it was No.1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for 10 weeks. In 2003, Blu Cantrells second album, Bittersweet, was released,2007 was a breakthrough year for Stewart and RedZone Entertainment. Rihannas single Umbrella, co-written with The-Dream and Kuk Harrell, garnered two Grammy nominations for Record of the Year and Song of the Year, and a Grammy for Best Rap/Song Collaboration and that was until he heard her on the record. The song also broke the music stores record for biggest debut ever. This writing and production team, composed of Tricky, The-Dream, Stewart executive produced The-Dreams debut album Love Hate, which included the hit single Shawty Is a 10, peaking at No.6 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. Stewart also co-wrote and produced Dreams, Falsetto and I Luv Your Girl. The single Touch My Body off Mariah Careys album E=MC², produced by Stewart, the achievement was attributed to a record-breaking digital sales debut, as 286,000 copies were sold in its first week of availabilityTricky Stewart – Tricky Stewart
26. The-Dream – Terius Youngdell Nash, better known by his stage name The-Dream, is an American singer, songwriter and record producer. His co-writing credits include songs with Dear Jayne, Me Against the Music for Britney Spears, Umbrella for Rihanna, Single Ladies for Beyoncé and Baby for Justin Bieber. He released five albums between 2007 and 2013, Love Hate, Love vs. Money, Love King, Terius Nash,1977. Terius Nash was born in Rockingham, North Carolina and he moved with his mother to Atlanta when he was two years old. After first learning to play trumpet in school, Nash learned how to play the drums. His mother died in 1992 when Nash was fifteen years old and he states that the death of his mother gave him a soft spot for women, to which he credits his desire to write songs about female empowerment such as Rihannas Umbrella. He moved in with his grandfather, a mason who instilled a strong work ethic in young Nash. Of his grandfather, Nash recalls He came out of a bad time for blacks in the South, but even though we lived in the hood, we had a boat, some cars, so Ive always had a different outlook on life. Nash met R&B producer Laney Stewart in 2001 and Stewart helped him get a deal after Nash wrote Everything for B2Ks album Pandemonium. Under the pen name The-Dream, Nash began writing lyrics for popular artists. He co-wrote Britney Spears hit Me Against the Music from her album In the Zone, Umbrella was nominated for Song of the Year at the 2008 Grammy Awards. In 2007 Nash signed a contract with Def Jam Recordings. The album was produced by The-Dream, his production partner Tricky Stewart, and Los da Mystro, the album was written and recorded in eight days with twelve tracks making the final cut. com said that the singer had hit a home run. In June 2008, The-Dream was named Best New Artist at the BET Awards, on March 10,2009, The-Dream released his second album Love vs. Money. He re-teamed with Tricky Stewart, who produced most of the tracks on the album, the album featured Mariah Carey, Kanye West, and Lil Jon and featured the singled Rockin That Shit, Walkin on the Moon and Sweat It Out. During the making of Love King, he recorded a song with T-Pain, in January 2010, The-Dream officially stated he was finished recording the album and he called it the best of his three albums. The album was released on June 29,2010, before the albums release, The-Dream announced that Love King will be his last solo album. Once again produced by The-Dream, Christopher Tricky Stewart, and Los da Mystro, despite positive reviews from critics, the album was less commercially successful than Love vs. Money, and debuted at number four on the Billboard 200The-Dream – The-Dream performing on September 10, 2008 in New York City
27. Hip-hop – Hip hop is a subculture and art movement developed by African-Americans and Latinos from the inner-city South Bronx neighbourhood in New York City in the late 1970s. Jamaican immigrant DJ Kool Herc also played a key role in developing hip hop music, at 1520 Sedgwick Avenue, Herc mixed samples of existing records and DJed percussion breaks, mixing this music with his own Jamaican-style toasting to rev up the crowd and dancers. These youths mixed these influences with existing musical styles associated with African Americans prior to the 1970s, Hip hop music became popular outside of the African-American community in the late 1980s, with the mainstream commercial success of gangsta rap. Critic Greg Tate described the hip hop movement as the only avant-garde still around, Hip hop culture has spread to both urban and suburban communities throughout the United States and subsequently the world. These elements were adapted and developed considerably, particularly as the art spread to new continents and merged with local styles in the 1990s. Sampling older culture and re-using it in a new context or a new format is called flipping in hip hop culture. Hip hop music follows in the footsteps of earlier African-American-rooted musical genres such as blues, jazz, rag-time, funk, cowboy later worked the hip hop cadence into his stage performance. The group frequently performed with artists who would refer to this new type of music by calling them hip hoppers. The name was meant as a sign of disrespect, but soon came to identify this new music. The song Rappers Delight, by The Sugarhill Gang, released in 1979, begins with the phrase I said a hip, hop the hippie the hippie to the hip hip hop, and you dont stop. Lovebug Starski, a Bronx DJ who put out a single called The Positive Life in 1981, and DJ Hollywood then began using the term when referring to this new disco rap music. Bill Alder, an independent consultant, once said, There was hardly ever a moment when rap music was underground, one of the very first so-called rap records, was a monster hit. Hip hop pioneer and South Bronx community leader Afrika Bambaataa also credits Lovebug Starski as the first to use the hip hop. Bambaataa, former leader of the Black Spades gang, also did much to popularize the term. In the 1970s, an urban movement known as Hip Hop began to develop in the South Bronx in New York City. It focused on emceeing over breakbeats, house parties and neighbourhood block party events, Hip hop music has been a powerful medium for protesting the impact of legal institutions on minorities, particularly police and prisons. Jamaican-born DJ Clive Kool Herc Cindy Campbell pioneered the use of DJing percussion breaks in hip hop music, beginning at Hercs home in a high-rise apartment at 1520 Sedgwick Avenue, the movement later spread across the entire borough. Herc created the blueprint for hip hop music and culture by building upon the Jamaican tradition of impromptu toasting, on August 11,1973 DJ Kool Herc was the DJ at his sisters back-to-school partyHip-hop – Nas is an American rapper who is regarded as one of the greatest MCs of all time.
28. Stevie Wonder – Stevland Hardaway Morris, known by his stage name Stevie Wonder, is an American musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, and multi-instrumentalist. A child prodigy, he is considered to be one of the most critically and commercially successful musical performers of the late 20th century, Wonder signed with Motowns Tamla label at the age of 11, and he continued performing and recording for Motown into the 2010s. He has been blind since shortly after birth, Wonder is also noted for his work as an activist for political causes, including his 1980 campaign to make Martin Luther King Jr. s birthday a holiday in the United States. In 2009, Wonder was named a United Nations Messenger of Peace, in 2013, Billboard magazine released a list of the Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists to celebrate the US singles charts 55th anniversary, with Wonder at number six. Stevie Wonder was born in Saginaw, Michigan, in 1950, the third of six children of Calvin Judkins and Lula Mae Hardaway, when Wonder was four, his mother left his father and moved to Detroit with her children. She changed her back to Lula Hardaway and later changed her sons surname to Morris. Wonder has retained Morris as his legal surname and he began playing instruments at an early age, including piano, harmonica and drums. He formed a partnership with a friend, calling themselves Stevie and John, they played on street corners. Before signing, producer Clarence Paul gave him the name Little Stevie Wonder, because of Wonders age, the label drew up a rolling five-year contract in which royalties would be held in trust until Wonder was 21. He and his mother would be paid a stipend to cover their expenses, Wonder received $2.50 a week. Wonder was put in the care of producer and songwriter Clarence Paul, tribute to Uncle Ray was recorded first, when Wonder was still 11 years old. Mainly covers of Ray Charless songs, it included a Wonder and Paul composition, the Jazz Soul of Little Stevie was recorded next, an instrumental album consisting mainly of Pauls compositions, two of which, Wondering and Session Number 112, were co-written with Wonder. At the end of 1962, when Wonder was 12 years old, he joined the Motortown Revue, at the Regal Theater, Chicago, his 20-minute performance was recorded and released in May 1963 as the album Recorded Live, The 12 Year Old Genius. A single, Fingertips, from the album was released in May. The song, featuring a confident and enthusiastic Wonder returning for a spontaneous encore that catches out the replacement bass player, was a No.1 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 when Wonder was aged 13, making him the youngest artist ever to top the chart. The single was simultaneously No.1 on the R&B chart and his next few recordings, however, were not successful, his voice was changing as he got older, and some Motown executives were considering cancelling his recording contract. During 1964, Wonder appeared in two films as himself, Muscle Beach Party and Bikini Beach, but these were not successful either, sylvia Moy persuaded label owner Berry Gordy to give Wonder another chance. He also began to work in the Motown songwriting department, composing songs both for himself and his mates, including The Tears of a Clown, a No.1 hit for Smokey RobinsonStevie Wonder – Wonder performing in 1973
29. The Beatles – The Beatles were an English rock band, formed in Liverpool in 1960. With members John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr, the Beatles built their reputation playing clubs in Liverpool and Hamburg over a three-year period from 1960, with Stuart Sutcliffe initially serving as bass player. The core of Lennon, McCartney and Harrison went through a succession of drummers, including Pete Best, before asking Starr to join them. They acquired the nickname the Fab Four as Beatlemania grew in Britain the next year, from 1965 onwards, the Beatles produced increasingly innovative recordings, including the albums Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles and Abbey Road, after their break-up in 1970, they each enjoyed successful musical careers of varying lengths. McCartney and Starr, the members, remain musically active. Lennon was shot and killed in December 1980, and Harrison died of cancer in November 2001. The Beatles are the band in history, with estimated sales of over 600 million records worldwide. They have had more number-one albums on the British charts and sold more singles in the UK than any other act, according to the RIAA, the Beatles are also the best-selling music artists in the United States, with 178 million certified units. In 2008, the group topped Billboard magazines list of the all-time most successful Hot 100 artists, as of 2016 and they have received ten Grammy Awards, an Academy Award for Best Original Song Score and fifteen Ivor Novello Awards. The group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1988 and they were also collectively included in Time magazines compilation of the twentieth centurys 100 most influential people. In March 1957, John Lennon, then aged sixteen, formed a group with several friends from Quarry Bank school. They briefly called themselves the Blackjacks, before changing their name to the Quarrymen after discovering that a local group was already using the other name. Fifteen-year-old Paul McCartney joined as a rhythm guitarist shortly after he, in February 1958, McCartney invited his friend George Harrison to watch the band. The fourteen-year-old auditioned for Lennon, impressing him with his playing, after a month of Harrisons persistence, they enlisted him as their lead guitarist. By January 1959, Lennons Quarry Bank friends had left the group, the three guitarists, billing themselves at least three times as Johnny and the Moondogs, were playing rock and roll whenever they could find a drummer. They used the name until May, when they became the Silver Beetles, before undertaking a tour of Scotland as the backing group for pop singer. By early July, they had changed their name to the Silver Beatles, allan Williams, the Beatles unofficial manager, arranged a residency for them in Hamburg, but lacking a full-time drummer they auditioned and hired Pete Best in mid-August 1960The Beatles – The "Fab Four" Beatles lineup in 1964 Top: Lennon, McCartney Bottom: Harrison, Starr
30. RedZone Entertainment – RedZone Entertainment is an Atlanta-based, music-production entity. Redzones discography includes collaborations with artists, producers, and composers of note. RedZone Entertainment has produced such as P. nk, Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Mary J. Blige, Usher, Ciara, Sting, Rihanna. This includes two publishing companies, an Atlanta recording studio, and an artist management company, the Stewart brothers grew up in a family heavily involved in the business of making music. Their mother and her two sisters were background singers for such artists as Aretha Franklin and Curtis Mayfield, and the trio were also jingle singers featured on many ad campaigns. Their father and his brother operated a company in Chicago whose clients included Ford Motor Company, McDonalds, Coca-Cola, Bud Light. In 1989, Big brother Laney Stewart opened his own jingle company and this was the company that gave Mark, Tricky and Judi their start as professionals in the music business, Tricky in the area of recording and music production, Mark and Judi in the area of business. In 1989 when Laney Stewart signed a publishing agreement with Famous Music. In 1990, at the age of 16, Tricky got his first major label placement when he produced a song entitled Hold Me Tight for MCA recording artist, in the next two years Tricky went on to produce records for Aaron Hall, Damion Hall, Immature and others. In the fall of 1992 Mark and Tricky moved the RedZone base of operations from Chicago to Los Angeles, in 1994, the Stewarts met record producer and songwriter L. A. Reid of LaFace records. Reid offered them a deal to move their company to Atlanta. Christopher Tricky Stewart wrote and produced JT Moneys single Who Dat, who Dat reached #1 on the Billboard Rap chart and #5 on Billboards Hot 100 in 1999. In 2000 Stewart and his writers penned Mýas Case of the Ex, the single debuted at #12 on the Hot Singles Sales and peaked at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100. It remains Mýas highest-charting solo single on the Hot 100 to date, Solé went on to sign with RedZone, who produced her album Skin Deep released in September 1999. Skin Deep peaked at #127 on the Billboard 200, and #27 on the top albums chart. The single off the album 4,5,6 was Ascaps Female Rap Song of the Year,1998 was also the year RedZone discovered producers Kevin Shekspere Briggs and Eric Nealante Phillips who produced TLCs No Scrubs and Destinys Childs Bills, Bills, Bills. During this time, Redzone signed Music Producer Chuckey Charles, R&B singer Sam Salter, once the demo was complete L. A. Reid was invited to hear Cantrell, and he signed her immiediately to Arista Records. Reid was quoted as saying, Cantrells debut album, So Blu, was released on July 31,2001, the song was written and produced by Dallas Austin, and spent weeks on the Billboard Hot 100RedZone Entertainment – Blu Cantrell
31. Terius Nash – Terius Youngdell Nash, better known by his stage name The-Dream, is an American singer, songwriter and record producer. His co-writing credits include songs with Dear Jayne, Me Against the Music for Britney Spears, Umbrella for Rihanna, Single Ladies for Beyoncé and Baby for Justin Bieber. He released five albums between 2007 and 2013, Love Hate, Love vs. Money, Love King, Terius Nash,1977. Terius Nash was born in Rockingham, North Carolina and he moved with his mother to Atlanta when he was two years old. After first learning to play trumpet in school, Nash learned how to play the drums. His mother died in 1992 when Nash was fifteen years old and he states that the death of his mother gave him a soft spot for women, to which he credits his desire to write songs about female empowerment such as Rihannas Umbrella. He moved in with his grandfather, a mason who instilled a strong work ethic in young Nash. Of his grandfather, Nash recalls He came out of a bad time for blacks in the South, but even though we lived in the hood, we had a boat, some cars, so Ive always had a different outlook on life. Nash met R&B producer Laney Stewart in 2001 and Stewart helped him get a deal after Nash wrote Everything for B2Ks album Pandemonium. Under the pen name The-Dream, Nash began writing lyrics for popular artists. He co-wrote Britney Spears hit Me Against the Music from her album In the Zone, Umbrella was nominated for Song of the Year at the 2008 Grammy Awards. In 2007 Nash signed a contract with Def Jam Recordings. The album was produced by The-Dream, his production partner Tricky Stewart, and Los da Mystro, the album was written and recorded in eight days with twelve tracks making the final cut. com said that the singer had hit a home run. In June 2008, The-Dream was named Best New Artist at the BET Awards, on March 10,2009, The-Dream released his second album Love vs. Money. He re-teamed with Tricky Stewart, who produced most of the tracks on the album, the album featured Mariah Carey, Kanye West, and Lil Jon and featured the singled Rockin That Shit, Walkin on the Moon and Sweat It Out. During the making of Love King, he recorded a song with T-Pain, in January 2010, The-Dream officially stated he was finished recording the album and he called it the best of his three albums. The album was released on June 29,2010, before the albums release, The-Dream announced that Love King will be his last solo album. Once again produced by The-Dream, Christopher Tricky Stewart, and Los da Mystro, despite positive reviews from critics, the album was less commercially successful than Love vs. Money, and debuted at number four on the Billboard 200Terius Nash – The-Dream performing on September 10, 2008 in New York City
32. Kuk Harrell – Thaddis Laphonia Kuk Harrell is an American songwriter, vocal producer, arranger and engineer. He was a member of a team composed of himself, Christopher Tricky Stewart. 2011 marked the highly anticipated return of Jennifer Lopez and her album LOVE. in which Kuk served as Album Vocal Producer. Earning his fourth Grammy for the production of Rihannas No.1 Billboard Single Only Girl. A composer and engineer on Beyoncés chart topping Single Ladies from the album I Am, Sasha Fierce, he is also vocal producer and engineer of the Diane Warren-penned I Was Here from Beyoncés 2011 album 4. He also produced the majority of the vocals on Mary J. Bliges Platinum album Growing Pains, the first single from Growing Pains, Just Fine, earned a Grammy nomination for best R&B vocal performance in 2007. Kuk Harrell is currently signed to a publishing deal with Sony/ATV U. K. and is one of the most sought after vocal producers in the industry. Harrells music career began in his native Chicago, where he performed as a drummer and he soon became a commercial writer and producer, working for Joy Art Music, contributing to major ad campaigns for McDonalds, Kraft, Coca-Cola and many others. During this time, he sang on tracks written and produced by Diane Warren,2004 brought Harrell to Atlanta, where he joined his cousins Tricky Stewart and Mark Stewart at RedZone Entertainment as a writer, producer, and engineer. In a recent Billboard interview, Mark Stewart describes Kuk Harrell as. the secret weapon,2007 was a pivotal year for Harrell. Rihannas Good Girl Gone Bad and Mary J. Bliges Growing Pains were released this year, the single Umbrella off of Good Girl Gone Bad and Just Fine off of Growing Pains were both nominated for Grammys in 2007. This was also the year that Harrell established his own production company, Suga Wuga Entertainment. On March 29,2007, the first single from Rihannas Good Girl Gone Bad, Harrell co-wrote and produced the vocals on the track, which subsequently had one of the highest digital debuts in the United States since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking downloads in 2003. The song won ASCAPs Pop Music Award which honored Umbrella as one of the most performed pop songs of the year 2007, Time magazine named Umbrella one of The 10 Best Songs of 2007, ranking it at No.3. Writer for Time magazine, Josh Tyrandiel, cited Rihannas vocal performance, Umbrella was set at No.2 at the Billboard Hot 100 year-end chart, behind Beyoncés Irreplaceable. In the United Kingdom, Umbrella broke a record on the UK Singles Chart by debuting at one on the chart based on digital sales alone. During the singles fourth week on the chart, both the single and album topped the UK Singles Chart and UK Albums Chart. Umbrella eventually reached a total of ten weeks at one on the UK Singles ChartKuk Harrell – Kuk Harrell
33. My World (Justin Bieber album) – My World is the debut extended play by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It was released on 17 November 2009, by Island Records, the album is considered the first half of a two-piece project, later being supplemented by his debut studio album My World 2.0. Its music incorporates pop and R&B styles, and lyrically discusses teen romance, upon its release, My World received generally favorable reviews from music critics, who complimented its production. It debuted at six on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 137,000 copies. In doing so, it became the release for a new artist in 2009, though it was topped the following week by I Dreamed a Dream by Susan Boyle. Upon the release of My World 2.0 in March 2010, Less than two months after its release, the record was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America for sales exceeding one million copies. Internationally, the extended play attained similar success and it debuted atop the Canadian Albums Chart, where it was later certified double platinum. It additionally attained double platinum recognition in the United Kingdom, two singles were released from My World, both of which became international successes. Its lead single One Time reached the top twenty in five countries singles charts, while its follow-up One Less Lonely Girl peaked within the top ten in Canada, the promotional singles Love Me and Favorite Girl peaked in the top forty of the US Billboard Hot 100. The project was promoted through television appearances and the My World Tour in 2010. On February 12,2016, the EP was released on vinyl for the first time, Bieber first began his career through YouTube, posting videos of his performances in singing competitions for family members who could not attend. As his popularity on the website grew, he was discovered by his eventual manager Scooter Braun and he provided him with an audition for L. A. Reid of Island Records, and signed a recording contract in October 2008. In April 2009, after recording his debut single One Time, Usher described Bieber as a phenomenon and definitely a priority for me. Bieber later described the title as the only way could really describe it. When recording My World, Bieber expressed a desire to grow as an artist and have fans grow with, musically, the project incorporates pop and R&B styles, similar to the catalogs of Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Chris Brown, Usher, and Ne-Yo. Entertainment Weekly described the record as featuring sugary puppy-love ballads and dinky dance-pop confections, Bieber looked to address a variety of lyrical themes, which he described as songs that teens can relate to and just stuff that happens in everyday life. The introductory track One Time discusses an admiration of a female, Favorite Girl shares a similar sentiment, describing the object of his affection as his prized possession. The ballad Down to Earth was inspired by the divorce of Biebers parents, Bigger details an aspiration to work past the difficulties a relationship experiencesMy World (Justin Bieber album) – Bieber performing in Bogor, Indonesia during his My World Tour, 2010.
34. Hip hop music – It developed as part of hip hop culture, a subculture defined by four key stylistic elements, MCing/rapping, DJing/scratching with turntables, break dancing, and graffiti writing. Other elements include sampling beats or bass lines from records, while often used to refer solely to rapping, hip hop more properly denotes the practice of the entire subculture. Hip hops early evolution occurred as sampling technology and drum machines became available and affordable. Turntablist techniques such as scratching and beatmatching developed along with the breaks and Jamaican toasting, rapping developed as a vocal style in which the artist speaks or chants along rhythmically with an instrumental or synthesized beat. The Sugarhill Gangs 1979 song Rappers Delight is widely regarded to be the first hip hop record to gain popularity in the mainstream. The 1980s marked the diversification of hip hop as the genre developed more complex styles, prior to the 1980s, hip hop music was largely confined within the United States. However, during the 1980s, it began to spread to scenes in dozens of countries. New school hip hop was the wave of hip hop music, originating in 1983–84 with the early records of Run-D. M. C. The Golden age hip hop period was a period between the mid-1980s and the early 1990s. Notable artists from this era include the Juice Crew, Public Enemy, & Rakim, Boogie Down Productions and KRS-One, EPMD, Slick Rick, Beastie Boys, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Ultramagnetic MCs, De La Soul, and A Tribe Called Quest. Gangsta rap is a subgenre of hip hop that often focuses on the violent lifestyles, in the West Coast hip hop style, G-funk dominated mainstream hip hop for several years during the 1990s. I. G. In the 1990s, hip hop began to diversify with other regional styles emerging, such as Southern rap, at the same time, hip hop continued to be assimilated into other genres of popular music, examples being Neo soul and nu metal. Hip hop became a pop music genre in the mid-1990s. The popularity of hip hop music continued through the 2000s, with hip hop influences also increasingly finding their way into mainstream pop, the United States also saw the success of regional styles such as crunk, a Southern genre that emphasized the beats and music more than the lyrics. Starting in 2005, sales of hip hop music in the United States began to severely wane, during the mid-2000s, alternative hip hop secured a place in the mainstream, due in part to the crossover success of artists such as OutKast and Kanye West. Creation of the hip hop is often credited to Keith Cowboy, rapper with Grandmaster Flash. However, Lovebug Starski, Keith Cowboy, and DJ Hollywood used the term when the music was known as disco rap. Cowboy later worked the hip hop cadence into a part of his stage performance, the first use of the term in print was in The Village Voice, by Steven Hager, later author of a 1984 history of hip hopHip hop music – 1520 Sedgwick Avenue, the Bronx, a venue used by Kool Herc that is often considered the birthplace of hip hop in 1973
35. Billboard (magazine) – Billboard is an American entertainment media brand owned by the Hollywood Reporter-Billboard Media Group, a division of Eldridge Industries. It publishes pieces involving news, video, opinion, reviews, events and it is also known for its music charts, including the Billboard Hot 100 and Billboard 200, tracking the most popular singles and albums in different genres. It also hosts events, owns a publishing firm, and operates several TV shows, Billboard was founded in 1894 by William Donaldson and James Hennegan as a trade publication for bill posters. Donaldson later acquired Hennegens interest in 1900 for $500, in the 1900s, it covered the entertainment industry, such as circuses, fairs and burlesque shows. It also created a service for travelling entertainers. Billboard began focusing more on the industry as the jukebox, phonograph. Many topics it covered were spun-off into different magazines, including Amusement Business in 1961 to cover outdoor entertainment so that it could focus on music. After Donaldson died in 1925, Billboard was passed down to his children and Hennegans children, until it was sold to investors in 1985. The first issue of Billboard was published in Cincinnati, Ohio, on November 1,1894 by William Donaldson, initially, it covered the advertising and bill posting industry and was called Billboard Advertising. At the time, billboards, posters and paper advertisements placed in public spaces were the means of advertising. Donaldson handled editorial and advertising, while Hennegan, who owned Hennegan Printing Co. managed magazine production, the first issues were just eight pages long. The paper had columns like The Bill Room Gossip and The Indefatigable, a department for agricultural fairs was established in 1896. The title was changed to The Billboard in 1897, after a brief departure over editorial differences, Donaldson purchased Hennegans interest in the business in 1900 for $500, to save it from bankruptcy. That May, Donaldson changed it from a monthly to a paper with a greater emphasis on breaking news. He improved editorial quality and opened new offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, London and he also re-focused the magazine on outdoor entertainment like fairs, carnivals, circuses, vaudeville and burlesque shows. A section devoted to circuses was introduced in 1900, followed by more prominent coverage of events in 1901. Billboard also covered topics including regulation, a lack of professionalism, economics and it had a stage gossip column covering the private lives of entertainers, a tent show section covering traveling shows and a sub-section called Freaks to order. According to The Seattle Times, Donaldson also published articles attacking censorship, praising productions exhibiting good tasteBillboard (magazine) – An 1896 issue of Billboard
36. Bigger (Justin Bieber song) – Bigger is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, included as a track on his debut release, My World, released on November 17,2009. It was written by Bieber, Frank Ocean, Dapo Torimiro, Kevin Risto and Waynne Nugent of Midi Mafia, with the latter duo, musically, the song is a R&B number which infuses elements of teen pop and dance-pop, while including influences of new jack swing. The songs lyrics refer to one maturing in a relationship and working to reach goals, the song received generally positive reception from critics who reviewed the album, with a Billboard reviewer commenting that Bieber had genuine swagger on the song. Some reviews however questioned the lyrical content, after the release of My World, due to digital sales, the song charted in the lower regions of charts in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Japan. Bigger was co-written by Bieber, Odd Future collective member Frank Ocean, Dapo Torimiro, Kevin Risto, Midi Mafia and Dapo have production credits. It was recorded at Icon Studios in Atlanta, Georgia, and it was mixed at Larrabee Studios in North Hollywood, the track was one of three songs on the standard edition of the album that Bieber co-wrote. Bigger, described as moderately fast, is a R&B song with a length of three minutes and seventeen seconds, with inclinations toward teen pop and dance-pop. According to a review of My World by Jon Caramanica of The New York Times, the song is set in common time, and has a tempo of 104 beats per minute. It is written in the key of C minor, and Biebers vocals do not deviate far and it features the chord patterns Cm11 and Fm9. The songs lyrics see the protagonist professing to their love interest how they have matured, in such as I was a player when I was little. Lyrically, the song speaks of rebuffing anyone that comes in between his reaching goals, in lines like And all the haters I swear they look so small from up here. In calling Biebers vocals boyish as they are mature, Monica Herrerra of Billboard reviewed the song positively, commenting. On the week ending December 5,2009, due to digital sales after the release of My World, Bigger debuted on the US Billboard Hot 100 and the Canadian Hot 100. The song debuted at number forty-nine on the Hot Digital Songs chart in the US, in Canada, it debuted at number seventy-eight. It dropped off both charts the following week, Bigger also appeared at number ninety-six on the Japan Hot 100. In both territories it was also the second highest non-previously released song from My World to appear on the charts, in the United Kingdom, after the release of My World, Bigger appeared at number 162. Source Lyrics of this song at MetroLyricsBigger (Justin Bieber song) – Monica Herrerra of Billboard said that Bieber (pictured) had "genuine swagger" on "Bigger"
37. Favorite Girl – Favorite Girl is a song by Canadian recording artist, Justin Bieber. The song was written and produced by DMile, and Antea Birchett, Anesha Birchett, the song was later released exclusively to iTunes as the second promotional single from his debut studio release, My World on November 4,2009. The song is mid-tempo, and merges teen pop and R&B elements, the song debuted at number twelve and twenty-six, in Canada and the United States, respectively. In response to Swift using his song, Bieber posted an acoustic rendition of the then never-before heard Favorite Girl on his YouTube, when asked about his learning of Swift using his song, Bieber stated, It was really funny because I heard about it from a fan. I watched it and it was hilarious, Bieber and Swift then met in person at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, and she later invited him to be a special guest on her Fearless Tour when she returned to the United Kingdom. The song was written by Dernst DMile Emile II, Antea Birchett, Anesha Birchet, the song was recorded by Blake Eisemen at Icon Studios in Atlanta, Georgia, where Biebers career is based. Mixing was done by Dave Pensado and Jaycen-Joshua Fowler, at Larrabee Studios in North Hollywood, the song became a popular trending topic on Twitter on the day of its release. Favorite Girl be is a song, which integrates characteristics of R&B music. According to the music published at Musicnotes. com by Universal Music Publishing. Favorite Girl is set in time, and has a moderate tempo of 88 beats per minute. It is composed in the key of E minor with Biebers vocals spanning from the low-note of G3 to the high-note of B4. The song follows in the progression of C–Em–G The song had hot shot debuts and limited stays on the U. S. Billboard Hot 100. It debuted in the U. S. at number twenty-six on the week ending November 21,2009, the same week it debuted at number fifteen in Canada, remaining on the chart for two weeks. The song returned to the Canadian Hot 100 at number ninety-nine on the week ending January 9,2010, in 2010, the chart also appeared on the UK Singles Chart at seventy-six, and on the UK R&B Chart. Most Bieber performances of the song are of the acoustic rendition, regarding the performance, MTV News praised the song as a funky, groovy, swaggerific jam. During the live session with MTV, he performed the song playing the keyboard. In a review of his performance of the song at Z100s 2009 Jingle Ball. Lyrics of this song at MetroLyricsFavorite Girl – "Favorite Girl" cover
38. Justin Bieber discography – Justin Bieber has released four studio albums, four compilation albums, one extended play, twenty-nine singles, and seventeen promotional singles. As of 2015, Bieber had sold 44.7 million records in the United States, at the age of thirteen, Bieber was discovered by current manager, Scooter Braun, on YouTube and subsequently signed by R&B singer Usher to RBMG. Popular urban producers Tricky Stewart and The-Dream were enlisted for Biebers debut single, One Time, the EP also produced the follow-up single One Less Lonely Girl, as well as the promotional singles Favorite Girl and Love Me. Biebers full-length debut studio album, My World 2.0, was released in March 2010, the album was a commercial success, topping the charts in countries such as Australia, Canada and the United States. My World 2.0 received multi-platinum certifications from Music Canada, the album was preceded by the release of its lead single, Baby, a collaboration with American rapper Ludacris. It reached the top five in countries such as Canada, Australia and it was followed by the singles Somebody to Love and U Smile. In 2011, Bieber released the remix album Never Say Never, The Remixes, which topped the charts in Canada and its lead single, Never Say Never, also hit the top ten in several countries. His second studio album Under the Mistletoe was released in November 2011, topping the charts in Canada and its single Mistletoe reached the top ten in Canada and Denmark. Believe, Biebers third studio album, followed in June 2012 and it topped the charts in sixteen countries and was certified two times platinum by Music Canada. The albums lead single, Boyfriend, reached the one spot in Canada. Believe also produced the singles As Long as You Love Me and Beauty, believe Acoustic was released in January 2013, becoming Biebers fifth number-one album in Canada and the United States. In 2015, Bieber released his studio album, Purpose. Its singles What Do You Mean, sorry, and Love Yourself all topped the charts in Canada, Denmark, Ireland, New Zealand, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Official website Justin Bieber at AllMusic Justin Bieber discography, forum, and marketplace at Discogs Justin Bieber discography at MusicBrainzJustin Bieber discography – Bieber in 2012
39. Believe (Justin Bieber album) – Believe is the third studio album by Canadian singer Justin Bieber, released on June 15,2012, by Island Records. As executive producers, mentor Usher and manager Scooter Braun enlisted collaborators including Darkchild, Hit-Boy, Diplo, upon its release, Believe received generally favorable reviews from music critics, who appreciated its progression from Biebers earlier works. Internationally, the record enjoyed similar success and it debuted atop the Canadian Albums Chart, where it eventually attained double-platinum recognition. The album additionally debuted at one on the UK Albums Chart. According to the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, Believe was the sixth global best-selling album of 2012 with sales of three million copies, five singles were released from Believe, several of which became international successes. Its lead single Boyfriend peaked at two on the US Billboard Hot 100, and reached number one on the Canadian Hot 100. Follow-ups As Long as You Love Me and Beauty and a Beat performed moderately worldwide, right Here received little promotion, consequentially peaking in the lower end of the Billboard Hot 100, while the final single All Around the World performed moderately in most markets. The project was promoted through the Believe Tour in 2012 and 2013. The remix album Believe Acoustic was released in January 2013, on March 2,2012, Bieber appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show to announce that the first single from his upcoming album would be called Boyfriend, it was released on March 26,2012. The song was written by Bieber and Mike Posner, and produced by Posner, Bieber also invited his fans to participate in one of the creative decisions for the Boyfriend single. Two potential cover arts were published on Biebers website, and fans were encouraged to vote for which one they preferred, the cover with the most votes became the official cover for the single. Bieber announced via Twitter that the first single off his third studio album. On March 1,2012, Bieber appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show to announce that the first single from his album, Believe. The song was written by Bieber and Mike Posner, and produced by Posner, Boyfriend reached number two on the Billboard Hot 100. It also reached the top ten in countries worldwide. Top 40/Mainstream and Rhythmic radio on July 10,2012, Beauty and a Beat, is the third single off Believe. It was released on November 13,2012 and features vocals from rapper Nicki Minaj and it has so far peaked at 5 in the US. Right Here featuring Drake was released as the fourth U. S. single, Rhythmic radio on February 5,2013Believe (Justin Bieber album) – Believe
40. My Worlds: The Collection – My Worlds, The Collection is the first compilation album released by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. As the international alternative to the Walmart and Sams Club exclusive My Worlds Acoustic, My Worlds, The Collection was released in numerous European countries on November 19,2010. The album consists of two discs, the first is an altered version of My Worlds Acoustic, and the second is My Worlds. In addition, the album features a new song, an inspirational ballad entitled Pray, a Jaden Smith collaboration, Never Say Never. The new versions of the songs were produced by Biebers music director, Dan Kanter, his vocal producer Kuk Harrell, while most reviewers complimented the set, several thought that its release was unneeded. The album charted moderately in Europe, reaching the top half of several album charts. The first disc includes songs from My Worlds Acoustic, which features acoustic version of songs from Biebers debut extended play, My World, and his first studio album, My World 2.0. The singer said he wanted to do the set because the production sometimes drowns out your voice and takes away from the singer, over the synths. The second disc features songs that were present on My Worlds, a package of My World and My World 2.0, according to Bieber, Pray is a gift to his fans. Vocally, Biebers vocals are sung in a lower key compared to previous singles, Bieber plays guitar on the acoustic versions, along with his guitarist and musical director Dan Kanter. The acoustic versions of the songs were produced by Kanter, Biebers vocal producer Kuk Harrell, the album was released on November 19,2010. Pray was released as the albums first and only single on in countries on December 3,2010. It charted moderately, reaching number sixty-three in Austria, fifty-one in Germany, the compilation received mixed reviews from critics. Andy Kellman of Allmusic gave the four out of five stars. Although Lucy Jones of The Daily Telegraph said the album seemed as something else to be cashed in on, she called the collaborations perfectly polished, and gave the album four out of five stars. Hermonie Hoby of The Guardian said that following his past two releases seemed unnecessary, but noted that the billion or so Beliebers wouldnt feel churlish. Due to its release in European countries, the album was only eligible to chart in those territories. In Denmark, on the Danish Albums Chart, My Worlds, six weeks later, on the week labeled January 4,2011, the album peaked at number thirteen on the chart, and it spent a total of fifteen weeks on chartMy Worlds: The Collection – My Worlds: The Collection
41. Never Say Never: The Remixes – Never Say Never, The Remixes is the second remix album by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. Released on February 14,2011, the album accompanies the release of his film, Justin Bieber, Never Say Never. The album includes remixes of five songs from his first album, My World 2.0, featuring guest appearances from Jaden Smith, Rascal Flatts, Usher, Chris Brown, Kanye West, Raekwon, in addition a new track is also included. The Jaden Smith-assisted Never Say Never, originally the song for The Karate Kid, was re-released as the albums lead single. In December 2010, Bieber stated that he was collaborating with American country band Rascal Flatts, in an interview with WSIX, lead singer Gary LeVox said asked us to do a duet with him on his next record. Its actually a good song. He plays five or six different instruments really well, Bieber also confirmed the collaboration in-the-works on Twitter. Also a conversation on Twitter, American R&B singer Chris Brown, in January 2011, it was rumored that Bieber was planning to release an album to accompanying the release of his 3D biopic-concert film, Justin Bieber, Never Say Never. On January 6,2011, Biebers manager Scooter Braun held a live chat with fans, warren said Its a beautiful song. Thats a good age difference between Cher and Justin –40 years, additionally, singer-songwriter Ester Dean confirmed she worked on the project for Biebers film. On January 31,2011, the announcement of a musical counterpart to the film was revealed, and that it would be released on February 14,2011. A previous intentionally leaked remix of Biebers Runaway Love, which was produced by Kanye West, featuring himself, new contributions came from Rascal Flatts and Chris Brown adding parts to That Should Be Me and Up, respectively. A live version of Bieber performing Overboard alongside fellow pop singer Miley Cyrus on his My World Tour at Madison Square Garden is included as a track. The Diane Warren-penned Born to Be Somebody is a previously unheard track on the album, stating that you are born to be whatever you want to be, to light up the sky like lighting, to Be somebody. Cognata appreciated the albums mixture, stating the album actually has something for all walks of life, the album debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200, opening with 179,000 copies in the first week. It marked Biebers second time at the top of the chart, after debuting at one with his first studio album. It was also Biebers fourth consecutive top ten release on the chart, following My World 2.0, and My World, and My Worlds Acoustic, likewise, the album was the first remix album in almost a decade, with Jennifer Lopezs J to tha L-O. The Remixes led for two weeks in February 2002, in its second week, the album fell to number 2, with 102,000 copies soldNever Say Never: The Remixes – Never Say Never: The Remixes
42. Believe Acoustic – Believe Acoustic is the third remix album by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It was released on January 29,2013 through Island Records as the follow-up to his remix album Never Say Never. This also marks the second album following My Worlds Acoustic. The album features acoustic and live versions of songs from his studio album Believe. The album went to one on the US Billboard 200 chart making this Biebers fifth number-one album. Bieber confirmed the project on December 8,2012, by tweeting Been writing a lot. new stuff. the acoustic album, new arrangements, is happening. The track listing for the EP was revealed on December 22,2012, on January 6,2013 it was announced that 11 tracks would be featured on the album instead, including new songs Nothing Like Us Yellow Raincoat and I Would. Believe Acoustic received generally mixed reviews from music critics, robert Copsey of Digital Spy wrote that the removal of the multi-layered production and studio trickery on Believe reveals a smoother and less babyish vocal than most will be familiar with. He noted that embarrassingly weak lyrics is an issue throughout the album, though its largely saved by Kanter. He noted that its less of an issue on the three new songs. He concluded that, wed prefer the polished, shinier and glossier Justin Bieber any day, andrew Leahy of The Washington Times cited Believe Acoustic to be a way of squeezing extra cash out of material that already has been released. He wrote that only a few of the new arrangements shine any new light on the original versions, andy Kellman of Allmusic wrote that like My Worlds Acoustic, Believe Acoustic maintains the flow of Bieber product following a proper studio album. Jody Rosen of Rolling Stone wrote that as cash-grab remix albums go, Believe Acoustic offers an added value, for hardcore fans. She, however, stated that Bieber gives the songs his best, Rosen cited the best songs on the album to be the three new studio tracks. On February 9,2013, Bieber gave a performance of Nothing Like Us. He served as both the host and musical guest and also performed a set of As Long as You Love MeBelieve Acoustic – Believe Acoustic
43. One Less Lonely Girl – One Less Lonely Girl is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. The song was written and produced by Biebers mentor, Usher, as well as Ezekiel Lewis, Balewa Muhammad of The Clutch, the song was positively received, with critics commending the songs delivery and comparing it to pop-R&B songs by Chris Brown and Rihanna. It was a success in the United States and Canada, Biebers highest peaks in the countries at sixteen and ten, respectively and it also charted in the Belgium tip chart and in Germany within the top thirty, and also charted in Austria, Australia, and United Kingdom. The music video features Bieber attracted to a girl he sees in the laundromat, Bieber has performed the song in a number of live appearances including the Fearless Tour, The Next Star, and Dick Clarks New Years Rockin Eve with Ryan Seacrest. A remix of I Love College by label mate, Asher Roth, One Less Lonely Girl was released digitally on the iTunes Store on October 6,2009. Crystal Bell of Billboard gave the song a positive review stating much as he did on his debut single, One Time. Im gonna put you first, Ill show you what youre worth/If you let me inside your world, the stump speech is hard to resist, especially when set to an arrangement that follows the lineage of hit midtempo ballads With You, and Irreplaceable. Although the lyrics are generic, Biebers smooth delivery is right on point, jon Caramanica of The New York Times called the song along with Down to Earth, uncomplicatedly beautiful and earnest. Andy Kellman of Allmusic listed the song as one of his tracks from the album. In the U. S. the single had 113,000 downloads in its first week, Bieber scored the second highest debut of the week, only being surpassed by 3 by Britney Spears. Due to the impact of radio in the U. S. the song entered at thirty-six on the Billboard Pop Songs on the week ending December 12,2009. It dropped the week on the Hot 100, but rose to thirty-two on the Pop Songs. The single peaked at twenty-one on the pop chart, due to increased airplay and digital sales of My World, on the week ending January 9,2010, the song rose thirty positions from sixty to thirty on the Hot 100. As of February 2011, the single has sold over 1,025,000 digital copies in the United States, the song debuted at number ten on the Canadian Hot 100 on the issue dated October 24,2009. It debuted in Austria at number fifty-four, where it peaked and it debuted on the Belgian Tip Chart in Flanders at number twenty-five, where it peaked, and remained for two weeks. It debuted in Germany at number twenty-two, where it peaked, the song also peaked at eighty-two in Australia and sixty-two in the United Kingdom. The video premiered on perezhilton. com on October 9,2009 and it later premiered on Biebers official site and YouTube on October 13,2009, Biebers mother, Pattie Mallette, makes a cameo during the flower stand scene in the music video. While filming the video, Bieber joked and said, It’s like the biggest town I’ve ever been inOne Less Lonely Girl – "One Less Lonely Girl"
44. Somebody to Love (Justin Bieber song) – Somebody to Love is a song performed by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. The song served as the single from his album, My World 2.0. It was written by Heather Bright and The Stereotypes, and produced by the latter, the song was originally recorded as a demo by Biebers mentor, R&B singer, Usher, for his sixth studio album, Raymond v. Raymond. After things went stale with Ushers label, The Stereotypes were encouraged to give the song to Bieber, the song is an upbeat pop song, which also derives from R&B genre, while making use of Eurodisco influences. It impacted US mainstream and rhythmic radio on April 20,2010, the remix of the song featuring Usher was featured on Biebers first compilation album My Worlds, The Collection and his second remix album Never Say Never, The Remixes. Usher re-recorded featured vocals for the remix of the song. A variation of the track with different production done by Benny Blanco, features Usher on lead vocals. It is included on the release of Raymond v. Raymond. In Japan, the song was released dually with Never Say Never as a double A-side single, the song received positive reviews, with critics complimenting the tracks dance feel, and the lyrical content. Somebody to Love became Biebers third consecutive top ten hit in Canada and it also reached the top twenty in Germany, New Zealand and Australia. The accompanying music video for the remix, directed by Dave Meyers, was intended to rely solely on choreography. It features appearances from several dance crews, such as Beat Freaks, according to critics, the video makes allusions to previous dance-heavy clips by Usher and Chris Brown. Bieber performed the song at a number of venues, including the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards, in a Q&A with Rap-Up, Jonathan Yip of The Stereotypes confirmed that record was originally made for Usher, but things did not go through right with his label. According to Yip, Perez Hilton was the one who recommended the song for Bieber, and after that the producers agreed. Yip said that Ushers label, Jive Records wasnt sure what they wanted to do with the record for Usher, so they contacted Biebers manager, Scooter Braun, and Bieber was able to record the track. On the remix, Jonathan Yip commented, Ushers now back on the record, on the remix, the Versus version of the song was produced by Benny Blanco. Somebody to Love is a pop song, Biebers R&B vocals are blended throughout the song. The song also integrates elements of Euro disco, set it common time, the song is written in the key of C minor, and Biebers vocals span from the low note of G3 to high note of C5Somebody to Love (Justin Bieber song) – "Somebody to Love"
45. U Smile – U Smile is a song performed by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. It was written by Jerry Duplessis, Arden Altino, and Dan August Rigo, according to Bieber, the song is dedicated to his special fans. The song was released as the second single from the latter half of Biebers debut album on March 16,2010. It was released to radio in Canada on August 9,2010, followed by a mainstream and rhythmic release on August 24,2010. The song, a piano and instrument driven blue-eyed soul ballad, the song charted at seventeen and twenty-seven respectively in the United States and Canada, and later charted in the United Kingdom. Bieber performed the song as an intro to Baby on the season of American Idol. In an interview with MTV News, Bieber said, U Smile is one of the best songs I have ever recorded, he wrote, I wrote it for all my fans who got me here. Bieber explained on his Twitter that his fans took him from a town in Canada to the amazing opportunity he is living now. Bieber confirmed he co-wrote the track with August Rigo and he also told his fans to enjoy it as they are the ones who give him his strength in this. In August 2010, Nick Pittsinger, a Florida-based sound artist and it was compared to ambient music, including the works of Sigur Rós. The track became a meme in mid to late 2010. U Smile is a soul ballad, driven by piano. Leah Greenblatt of Entertainment Weekly said the song is the best by far of My World 2.0, the song has a bluesy feel, and makes use of metaphors such as You are my ends and my means/With you there’s no in between. The song composed in the key E♭ Mixolydian and it set in time signature of compound time with twelve eighth note in a bar, Biebers vocal range span two music from the lowest note A♭3 and the highest note E♭5. It follows the chord progression E♭-D♭-A♭, bill Lamb of About. com noted the song as a track on My World 2.0 and said it lets Justin Bieber sway and croon. It is guaranteed to generate warm and fuzzy emotions in millions of young fans, monica Herrera of Billboard commended the song and said that it should appeal to some older listeners. For Billboard s cover story on Bieber, Herrera said, Bieber croons and its the closest hes come to fulfilling Brauns wish, by sounding like a certain young Motown star. This is as unconditional as itll ever get/You aint seen nothing yet, originally released as a digital-only single, the song debuted at number twenty-seven on the Billboard Hot 100, selling 83,000 downloads in its first weekU Smile – "U Smile"
46. Never Say Never (Justin Bieber song) – Never Say Never is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. The song is used as the song for The Karate Kid. It was originally a demo with sexual lyrics performed by American singer Travis Garland, it was written and produced by The Messengers. However, for reasons, Bieber was tapped to record the song for the film. He re-wrote the song with The Messengers, Rambert, Smith, the song contains R&B and pop elements while merging hip-hop. The song was released for download in the United States on June 8,2010. The song was included as an acoustic track on the remix album My Worlds Acoustic. To promote Biebers 3D concert film of the name, the song was released as the lead single. Never Say Never peaked within the top twenty in Canada, Norway and its accompanying music video, directed by Honey, features Smith and Bieber in a recording studio playing around and dancing, and is intercut with scenes from the film. He has notably performed the song on Today and on his My World Tour, Smith joined Bieber during the tours stop at Madison Square Garden to perform the song for scenes in Justin Bieber, Never Say Never. A demo of the song, Sexy Together was originally recorded by Mike Chilton, reportedly the song was re-written by its original writers Adam Messinger, Nasri, Omarr Rambert, and his vocal producer Kuk Harrell, while Smith added lines. Carina Adly MacKenzie of Zap2it preferred Bieber and Smiths version, commenting, youd think that a song about sex would be more interesting than a song about little kids doing karate. The song was confirmed when the listing for the soundtrack was revealed. It was released on iTunes in the United States on June 8,2010, Never Say Never is a pop-R&B which includes hip hop. It is composed in the key of A minor with vocals spanning from the low-note of G3 to the high-note of C6, the song follows in the chord progression of Am–C–G–D Bieber provides lead vocals in the song while Smith provides the backing with rap interludes. Idolator thought the song as a version of Eminems Lose Yourself. Smiths lines reference his father, and puns in the phrase and he also makes reference to his lineage by saying Born from two stars so the moons where I land. As he is the son of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, Smith also makes references to Luke Skywalker and Kobe Bryant in his lines. is sure to stand out as the films flagship anthemNever Say Never (Justin Bieber song) – "Never Say Never"
47. Mistletoe (Justin Bieber song) – Mistletoe is a Christmas song by Canadian singer Justin Bieber. It was written and produced by Nasri, and Adam Messinger, the song was released on October 17,2011 as the lead single from his Christmas album, Under the Mistletoe. Mistletoe is a pop and R&B song, that has reggae influences, Mistletoe received generally positive reviews from most music critics. The song reached the top ten in Canada, Denmark and Norway, the songs accompanying music video was directed by Roman White. It features the singing on a snowy, lit-up street. Bieber first premiered the song live on the My World Tour on October 6,2011 at Olympic Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, during the performance, Bieber confirmed that the song would be released on iTunes worldwide on October 17,2011. In an interview with MTV News, Bieber said, Im really excited, I know all my fans are going to love it. Its something that I feel like going to be singing every Christmas. Mistletoe was written and produced by Nasri, and Adam Messinger and it is a Christmas song that is sonically derived from the pop and R&B genres, while making use of reggae elements. According to the music published at Musicnotes. com by Sony/ATV Music Publishing. It is composed in the key of A major with Biebers vocal range spanning from the low-note of E3 to the high-note of E5, according to many reviewers, the songs production and Biebers delivery bears much similarity to Jason Mrazs Im Yours. Bill Lamb of About. com went as far as to call the song Im Yours goes Christmas, a Rolling Stone writer commented that The song basically sounds like a laid-back Jack Johnson number with a bit of overdubbed sleigh bells. The song presents the maturation of Biebers voice, with RJ Cubarrubia of Billboard writing that he sounded smooth, Lamb said This track marks a distinct move toward a more adult sound on the part of 17 year old Justin Bieber. The song, which includes subtle Christmas flourishes in the arrangement, opens up with jingle bells before an instrumental of guitar. However he said Biebers breezy crooning and flat lyrics make Mistletoe come off like an uninspiring, Cubarrubia commended Bieber for attempting to inject his charisma in such a track, but said hes still far from the classic Christmas pop of Mariah Careys All I Want for Christmas Is You. Although he said the song may feel a bit calculated, Bill Lamb of About. com complimented the songs acoustic Jason Mraz vibe, the subtle seasonal touches, and adult sound. Jarett Wieselman of The Insider. com said the song is pretty damn good, Wieselman said You cant deny the appeal of Americas tween dream du jour dropping a track where he asks the listeners to kiss me underneath the mistletoe. Well played young man, well played, Mistletoe sold 164,000 copies in its first week of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan, placing it at No.5 on Billboards Hot Digital Songs chartMistletoe (Justin Bieber song) – "Mistletoe"
48. Boyfriend (Justin Bieber song) – Boyfriend is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, taken from his third studio album Believe. Bieber explained that the track would surprise people in different ways, a snippet of Boyfriend was previewed on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on March 1,2012, Biebers 18th birthday. The song was announced as a single on the same day, the cover art was revealed on March 19,2012. Musically, Boyfriend is a R&B influenced song that features pop beats reminiscent of American record producer Pharrell Williams, the instrumentation is kept in a lower sound to highlight Biebers vocals. However, critics dismissed the lyrics as immature and silly, Boyfriend was a commercial success, debuting at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 after selling a total of 521,000 digital units of the single. The song is the debut digital sales week in the United States and has also charted at number 9 on the Pop Songs component chart. It also debuted at one in Canada and number two in the United Kingdom. As part of promotion for the song, Bieber performed Boyfriend in a number of appearances, including at the second-season finale of The Voice. The rapping duo Ying Yang Twins also released a version of the track with new verses added. Another remix of Boyfriend features 2 Chainz, Mac Miller and Asher Roth, in late 2011, Bieber confirmed to radio network Capital FM that he was recording material for his third studio album, which was originally going to be released in early 2012. He later spoke to MTV News and revealed that Believe would surprise people in different ways, Boyfriend was written by Bieber, Michael Posner, Mason D. Levy and Mat Musto. During an interview with radio DJ Bootleg Kev, Posner revealed that he was impressed with Biebers work ethic, at first I didnt know what to expect because hes super young, but dude can write. Posner said that people would flip over the beat and that radio stations would want to play the song, Levy also commented on the track, and described it as definitely edgier, its more grown-up, its more developed and its sexier. Prior to the release, it had been previewed by several industry insiders, including radio host Mick Lee of WZFT. On March 1,2012, Bieber was featured as a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and he said, My big announcement is that on March 26, my first single is coming out and its called Boyfriend. The song, its basically Im talking to girl, if I was your boyfriend. We wrote it, and the verses Im talking/ rapping and then on the hook Im singing, Bieber also previewed the songs introduction on the show. Through his Twitter account, the released a poll in which fans were allowed to choose between two artworks for the singleBoyfriend (Justin Bieber song) – "Boyfriend"
49. As Long as You Love Me (Justin Bieber song) – As Long as You Love Me is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, from his third studio album, Believe. The track features American rapper Big Sean and it was written by both artists with Nasri Atweh, and was produced by Rodney Darkchild Jerkins and Andre Lindal. It was first released on June 11,2012, as a single from the album. On Billboards Rhythmic Airplay Chart, the reached number one. It peaked at six on the Billboard Hot 100. The song has sold 2,240,000 copies in the US as December 2012, the music video features actor Michael Madsen. In late 2011, Bieber confirmed to radio network Capital FM that he was recording material for his studio album. He later spoke to MTV News and revealed that Believe would surprise people in different ways, Im not going to try to conform to what people want me to be or go out there and start partying, have people see me with alcohol. I want to do it at my own pace, I dont want to start singing about things like sex, drugs and swearing. Im into love, and maybe Ill get more into making love when Im older, I want to be someone who is respected by everybody. After releasing Boyfriend as the single, Bieber announced that he will release promotional singles to promote Believe. The first promotional single Die in Your Arms was released to iTunes on May 29,2012, the second All Around The World was released on iTunes on June 4,2012. As Long as You Love Me was released on June 11,2012, as the third, the cover art for As Long as You Love Me shows Bieber perched on a wooden stool, holding an acoustic guitar. Sia Nicole of Idolator expressed dissatisfaction with the cover, saying It’s false advertising for the high-fidelity track that has nary a strum within earshot. As Long as You Love Me was written by Bieber, Nasri Atweh, the song is officially written in the key of C minor. It is heavily influenced by dubstep, with vocal loops complemented by a booming beat, as the song continues, it builds and builds to a rave-ready drop. Lyrically, it tells listeners that true love can defy all circumstances, as long as you love me/ We could be starving/ We could be homeless/ We could be broke, Bieber sings over a staccato beat and handclaps, with an undercurrent of a swirling-sounding synth. As long as you love me/ Ill be your platinum/ Ill be your silver/ Ill be your gold, Big Sean drops a rap exalting a lady love, tooAs Long as You Love Me (Justin Bieber song) – "As Long as You Love Me"
50. All Around the World (Justin Bieber song) – All Around the World is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, from his third studio album, Believe. It was written by Bieber, Sir Nolan and Nasri of The Messengers in collaboration with Ludacris and this was the second collaboration between Bieber and Ludacris, having previously collaborated on Baby. It was first released on June 4,2012, as a single from the album. The song was released as the international single, and the fifth. The Eurodance track features a similar instrumentation to songs by Britney Spears, Chris Brown, lyrically, it features Bieber singing to his love interest that all around the world, people want to be loved. All Around the World received mostly positive reviews music critics. The song had success worldwide, reaching the top ten in several countries, such as Belgium, Canada. Bieber promoted the song through performances and a music video. In late 2011, Bieber confirmed to radio network Capital FM that he was recording material for his studio album. He later spoke to MTV News and revealed that Believe would surprise people in different ways, All Around the World was written and produced by The Messengers and Nolan Lambroza, while Bieber and Ludacris wrote additional lyrics. On May 25,2012, a version of the track leaked online. The same day, the track was released on iTunes Store through The Island Def Jam Music Group, the song was later released as the fourth international single, and the fifth and final US single on February 26,2013. It is an Eurodance song, which incorporates heavy elements in its instrumentation and is similar to previous works by producer David Guetta. Contemporary critics compared the track to Britney Spears Till the World Ends, lyrically, Bieber sings for his love interest and says that all around the world, people want to be loved. The track opens with he singing, Youre beautiful, beautiful/You should know it/I think its time, think its time/That you show it, lines that were compared to One Directions What Makes You Beautiful. As the track follows, Bieber encourages girls to release their inner beauty, Light it up, so explosive/Why you acting so shy, All Around the World received mostly positive reviews from music critics. Jocelyn Vena also of MTV stated that the song could have recorded by Usher. Entertainment Weekly columnist Ray Rahman gave All Around the World a positive review, and stated, the vocal swagger of Chris BrownAll Around the World (Justin Bieber song) – "All Around the World"
51. We Are the World 25 for Haiti – We Are the World 25 for Haiti is a charity single recorded by the supergroup Artists for Haiti in 2010. It is a remake of the 1985 hit song We Are the World, which was written by American musicians Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie, and was recorded by USA for Africa to benefit famine relief in Africa. Initially, in late 2009, it had suggested to Richie. The song was recorded in fourteen and a half hours by over eighty artists on February 1,2010 and it was produced by Quincy Jones, and executively produced by Lionel Richie, and Haitian-American musician Wyclef Jean. A music video directed by Paul Haggis was released to accompany, the song was also recorded in Spanish by a Latin supergroup and was named Somos el Mundo. The song was directed by Emilio Estefan and his wife, Gloria Estefan and we Are the World 25 for Haiti is musically structured similar to We Are the World, but includes a rap verse which was written by some of the songs hip hop artists. Michael Jackson died months before the release, but his material from the 1985 recording sessions was incorporated into the song and music video, as per the request of his mother. His sister Janet duets with him on the song, and his nephews Taj, TJ and we Are the World 25 for Haiti was released on February 12,2010, during the opening ceremony of the 2010 Winter Olympics, as a CD single and a music download. However, the song was successful worldwide, charting within the top 20 in multiple countries. In 1985, We Are the World, a song and charity single recorded by USA for Africa was released. It was written by American musicians Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie, the song was well received by music critics and was the recipient of several awards. We Are the World was the best selling pop single of all time until it was eclipsed by Elton Johns 1997 version of Candle in the Wind, on January 12,2010, Haiti was struck by a magnitude 7.0 Mw earthquake. It was the countrys most severe earthquake in over 200 years, the epicenter of the quake was just outside the Haitian capital Port-au-Prince. It has been estimated that the toll could reach 200,000. Before the earthquake, Jones and Richie had planned to organize a re-recording of We Are the World on January 28,2010 — the 25th anniversary of the recording of the song. Randy Phillips, who was a key figure in the song being re-issued, said that We Are The World producer Ken Kragen had suggested to re-cut We Are the World, however, Lionel Richie and Jones were very lukewarm about the idea. Phillips commented that, that what happened 25 years ago was iconic and they did everything they could for Africa at that time, and they didnt feel re-cutting the song really made any sense. Basically, Lionel didnt really want to do it, and we kind of let it die by not issuing the license, because Lionel owns the copyright along with Michael Jacksons estateWe Are the World 25 for Haiti – Earthquake damage in Port-au-Prince
52. Wavin' Flag – Wavin Flag is a song by Somali-Canadian artist Knaan from his album Troubadour. The song was written for Somalia and aspirations of its people for freedom. The original single was a hit in Canada and reached #2 on the Canadian Hot 100 as the official single from the album, after the singles ABCs and Bang Bang. The song became a global hit when it was chosen as Coca-Colas promotional anthem for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. This amended international version with additional lyrics reached the top ten in more than twenty different charts around the world, the English version was released as Wavin Flag by Knaan to differentiate it from the original Canadian hit or from the Canadian Haiti charity hit. The Spanish cover featuring David Bisbal became very popular, a version of the song featuring will. i. am and David Guetta was targeted for international markets. Many other bilingual and country-specific versions were released, in 2012, Knaan published a childrens book, When I Get Older, The Story Behind Wavin Flag, about the song and its history. The original single of Wavin Flag appeared originally on his album Troubadour, the single reached #2 on the Canadian Hot 100 as the third official single from the album, which was produced by Kerry Brothers, Jr. and Bruno Mars. Knaan first performed the song live on Q TV, where he gave viewers a preview of Troubadour prior to its releaseWavin' Flag – "Wavin' Flag"
53. Eenie Meenie – Eenie Meenie is a song by American singer Sean Kingston and Canadian singer Justin Bieber. The song was written by Kingston, Bieber, Carlos Battey, Steven Battey, Benny Blanco, Marcos Palacios and Ernest Clark, and was produced by Blanco. It was originally released as the first single from Kingstons third studio album Back 2 Life on March 23,2010, however, it is included on Biebers My World 2.0. The song, a number with Kingstons reggae influences and Biebers R&B vocals, is lyrically about an indecisive lover. The song reached the top ten in the United Kingdom and New Zealand, and the top twenty in Australia, Canada, Ireland, the accompanying music video features Kingston and Bieber at a pool party at a condo, being pursued by the same girl. The song premiered on March 4,2010, on Ryan Seacrests website and it is a dance-pop song, with R&B, and reggae fusion influences, written in the key of B♭ minor, with a vocal range from the tone of F♯4 to the note of A5. It moves at 120 beats per minute and is set in common time, the song features a prominent synthesized back beat, followed by verses from both singers, then a rap interlude, while utilizing the childrens rhyme Eenie Meenie Miny Moe. Kyle Anderson of MTV said that Eenie Meenie melds Sean Kingstons island-inflected dance-pop with Biebers sweet tween R&B, a reviewer of DJBooth said, The record’s crown jewel, of course, is the chorus, which will worm its way into your head whether you like it or not. Although he called the song catchy, Chris Richards of The Washington Post said Kingston hogs the mike on the song, rudy Klapper of Sputnikmusic wrote about the lyrics, on the album review, that those are disturbing, but at the same time unintentionally hilarious. She also criticized the production, Theres not much to say about the kind of producer who thinks the use of the term shorty with an elementary school gimmick is a good idea. Luke ONeil from The Boston Globe noted Sultry reggaeton is repackaged here for the set with Sean Kingstons Eenie Meenie. Shorty was never sung so literally, in the United States Eeenie Meenie entered the Billboard Hot 100 at number thirty on April 7,2010, where it was the highest debut of the week. The next week it dropped three places, and stayed there for additional week. On the Billboard issue dated May 15,2010, the single reached its peaked, at number fifteen, as of February 2011, the single was sold 1,238,000 times. It re-entered at number forty-five on April 25,2010, and reached its peak at number eleven on May 30,2010, later it was certified as gold by the Australian Recording Industry Association. The song appeared in the UK Singles Chart on May 22,2010, the next week Eenie Meenie rose to number seventeen and peaked at number nine in the next two weeks. In Ireland, it debuted at number forty-one in the Irish Singles Chart on April 15,2010, in the Canadian Hot 100 Eenie Meenie debuted and peaked at number fourteen, becoming the highest debut of the week. But in the issue, the single became the biggest dropEenie Meenie – "Eenie Meenie"
54. Next to You (Chris Brown song) – Next to You is a song by American recording artist Chris Brown, included as a track on his fourth studio album, F. A. M. E. The song features Canadian singer Justin Bieber, Brown co-wrote the song with its producers, The Messengers, with additional writing from Amber Sevyn Streeter of RichGirl. Brown first revealed plans to collaborate with Bieber in December 2010, musically, Next to You is a R&B and pop number, with lyrics pertaining to the love between two in a relationship. Most music critics positively reviewed the song, complimenting the blending of Brown, however a common criticism of the track was how it stood out in comparison into the more lyrically explicit music on F. A. M. E. After the release of the album, the song appeared on the charts in the United States, Canada, and it was released for digital download on June 24,2011, as the albums fifth single. The song was written by Brown and Amber Streeter with Nasri Atweh, the latter duo receive production credits on the track. In December 2010, Brown tweeted that he would be collaborating with Bieber, the song first appeared online on March 8,2011. In an interview with MTV News, Brown revealed that the duo recorded the Up remix first, Next to You is a R&B and pop song. The song has lyrics about a relationship, but Eliot Glazer of MTV Buzzworthy said that the song also contained inspirational lyrics. According to the music at Musicnotes. com by Sony/ATV Music Publishing. It is composed in the key of E♭ major with Bieber, the song features the chord progression of E♭–B♭–Cm–A♭. Nadia Noir of WNOW-FM said the song was a hybrid of a dance-jam, furthermore, AOL Musics Charley Rogulewski called the song a dreamy pop love song. Brad Wete of Entertainment Weekly coined the song as thumping and said that Brown, joanne Dorken of MTV News UK said It seems that everything Justin Bieber touches turns to gold at the moment and this cutesy ballad is no exception. Dorken complimented how well the song showed the blending of the pairs voices, nadia Noir of WNOW-FM wrote, What do you get when you combine two of pops best-looking/greatest dancers, the sexy rasp of Justin Bieber, and a dance-jam/love-song. A combination of all the best elements of music, nick Levine of BBC Music said the track was part of Browns identity crisis on the album, as Next to You was just two tracks after the grisly sex jam of Wet the Bed featuring Ludacris. Levine called the collaboration a wholesome-as-homemade-chutney hook-up, while complementing that the album had something for everyone, Jody Rosen of Rolling Stone called Next to You a puppy-love declaration. Bri LaPelusa called the song a dreamy ballad and said it melted Brown and she went on to add that Next to You might be affirmation that Chris Brown is once again an accepted celebrity. Concerning the lyrics, Eliot Glazer of MTV Buzzworthy said It aint new, eric Henderson of Slant Magazine said Brown was unable to capture the majesty of Forever with the song, noting it was rendered limp by the undercurrent of sincerityNext to You (Chris Brown song) – "Next to You"
55. Live My Life (song) – Live My Life is a song by American group Far East Movement from their fourth studio album Dirty Bass. The song was released on February 25,2012 as the lead single. It features vocals from Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber, the song was produced by RedOne and De Paris. The official remix of the song, subtitled Live My Life, the track was released on March 6,2012 as a digital download. Also, it was included as the last track of the edition of Dirty Bass. Justin Bieber do not appear in the video, but Redfoo and they are seen throughout the video touring and partying through the streets of Amsterdam in the Party Rock bus. They also perform a dance routine in a flash mob-style. Far East Movement perform their respective verses, Dutch singer Eva Simons cameos in the video, seen entering the party bus midway through the video, as well as Dutch DJs Sidney Samson, Sick Individuals and Quintino. The music video has over 30 million views, an alternate video edit was made for the Party Rock Remix at a total length of four minutes and thirty-eight seconds. It features the same scenes from the original and includes Redfoo performing his verse and this version has over 16 million views. The videos were written by Redfoo and Kelly Covell and directed by Mickey Finnegan while production was handled by Cisco Newman and Alexa DedlowLive My Life (song) – "Live My Life"
56. Love Me (Justin Bieber song) – Love Me is a song by Canadian recording artist, Justin Bieber. The track was written by Bruno Mars, Ari Levine, and Philip Lawrence and it was released exclusively to iTunes as the first promotional single from his debut studio release, My World on October 26,2009. An electropop song which also contains dance-pop and R&B music, the chorus interpolates the 1996 single Lovefool by the Swedish band The Cardigans. Love Me was one of the most well received tracks on the album, with critics complimenting its electro and club feel, the song peaked in Canada and in the U. S. at twelve and thirty-seven, respectively. The song also charted in the United Kingdom on its main chart and R&B chart, the music video for the song was released on August 3,2010 and serves as a tribute to his worldwide fans, thanking them for their support. The dominant scenes are made of up of live performances, behind-the-scenes footage, Bieber opened every show on his My World Tour with the song. The song was produced by DJ Frank E at Side 3 Studios in Denver, the song recorded by Bill Malina at Serenity Sound Studio in Hollywood, California. Mixing was done by Dave Pensado and Jaycen-Joshua Fowler, at Larrabee Studios in North Hollywood, taylor Graves and Bonnie McKee provided background vocals. However plans were changed, and a week before the release, Bieber announced that a new song and it was released a day early on October 26. Bieber took to Twitter with his saying that he was surprised himself. Love Me is a pop song, which use of guitars/bass. The chorus interpolates the song Lovefool by the Swedish band The Cardigans, according to the sheet music published at Musicnotes. com by Universal Music Publishing, Ltd. Love Me is set in common time, the song is composed in the key of C minor with Biebers vocals spanning from the low-note of Bb3 to the high-note of Eb5. The song follows in the progression of Cm–A♭–E♭–B♭ The song was one of the most well received on the album. Mikael Wood of Entertainment Weekly said Biebers better on Love Me, mark Hirsh The Boston Globe, which was one of the few reviewers that gave the album a mixed analysis, said that Love Me was the essential song on the set. Washington Post also cited the song as one of the albums best, the New York Times said the track is probably the only release in recent memory that owes debts to both the Cardigans. Mike Diver of BBC Music called the song an electro-infused reinterpretation of The Cardigans Lovefool, Diver preferred Bieber in the song and wanted more of the cheeky chap rightfully having the time of his young life, rather than the adolescent playboy. Love Me had debuted on the Canadian Hot 100 and Billboard Hot 100 at twelve and it spent twelve non-consecutive weeks on the Canadian chart and four in the United StatesLove Me (Justin Bieber song) – "Love Me" cover
57. Never Let You Go (Justin Bieber song) – Never Let You Go is a song performed by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. The track was written by Bieber and also co-written and produced by production duo Johntá Austin and it was originally released as a promo single from latter half of Biebers debut album, My World 2.0 on March 2,2010. The song charted within the top twenty in Canada and New Zealand, twenty-one in the United States, and in the regions of the charts in Australia. The accompanying music video features Bieber and Paige Hurd at the Atlantis Resort in The Bahamas, including scenes at the resort, an aquarium, and on the coast. Bieber performed the song a number of times, including on BETs SOS, Saving Ourselves - Help for Haiti Telethon, Never Let You Go published in common time with moderate tempo. Never Let You Go written in D minor key with the chord progression B♭-Dm-C, leah Greenblatt of Entertainment Weekly noted similarities between Never Let You Go and Chris Browns Forever, calling the previous a fraternal twin to the latter. Never Let You Go debuted and peaked at number twenty-one in the United States on the Billboard Hot 100 and it was listed on the chart for two weeks before dropping off. It debuted and peaked at fourteen in Canada, after spending four weeks on the Canadian Hot 100 it dropped off. Internationally, the song charted at sixty-seven in Australian Singles Chart, and reached sixteen on the New Zealand Singles Chart, via digital sales behind the release of My World 2.0, Never Let You Go reached eighty-four on the UK Singles Chart. Rolling Stone confirmed in January 2010 that the video had already been shot by director Colin Tilley while Bieber was at the Atlantis resort in Dubai. Actress Paige Hurd portrays Biebers love interest in the video, the video premiered on March 30,2010 on Vevo. It was the new joint on BETs 106 & Park on April 5,2010. Summarizing the video, Jocelyn Vena MTV News said, Bieber is seen hanging out in the catacombs of Bahamian aquariums. In this new clip, Bieber is seen performing on the beach and frolicking with Hurd. Bieber is definitely growing up a lot in this video — sharing near-kisses, shots of the pair in silhouette holding hands play into the videos plot of two young teens falling in love in a very exotic locale. Vena also said that Bieber continues her knack for Michael Jackson-esque dance moves, simon Vozick-Levinson of Entertainment Weekly called the video So romantic, as they dance in an age-appropriate fashion. Chris Ryan of MTV News reviewed the video positively, stating that it is, Bieber performed the song several times including at the new Microsoft Store grand opening in Mission Viejo, California, and in a live session with MTVNever Let You Go (Justin Bieber song) – "Never Let You Go" cover
58. Die in Your Arms – Die in Your Arms is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, from his third studio album, Believe. The pop song samples Michael Jacksons Weve Got a Good Thing Going, and lyrically, features Bieber singing about an all-consuming passion and the affection that he feels for his love interest. Die in Your Arms received mostly positive reviews music critics. The song has charted in countries such as Australia, Canada, Netherlands, New Zealand, United Kingdom. In late 2011, Bieber confirmed to radio network Capital FM that he was recording material for his studio album. He later spoke to MTV News and revealed that Believe would surprise people in different ways, the track samples Michael Jacksons Weve Got a Good Thing Going, written by Alphonso Mizell, Berry Gordy Jr. Deke Richards, Freddie Perren. Die in Your Arms was released as a single to iTunes Store on May 29,2012 through The Island Def Jam Music Group. The pop track incorporates hip hop beats, finger snaps and melodic piano chords in its instrumentation and is similar to tracks by Jackson 5. Lyrically, Die in Your Arms is a song about an all-consuming passion and the affection that Bieber feels for his love interest. During the songs chorus, the states, If I could just die in your arms /I wouldn’t mind / Because every time you touch me / I just die in your arms / It just feels so right. Jason Lipshutz of Billboard deemed it as a more classically arranged pop offering when compared to Biebers previous single Boyfriend. Leah Collins of the National Post described the song as a Baby 2.0, adding that like Baby, Die in Your Arms received mostly positive reviews from music critics. Jon Dolan of Rolling Stone described it as the sound of Bieber rounding third base, while Sarah Deen of Metro deemed it as a laidback pop song, Antoniette Bueno of The Insider noted that the song was written for his female fan base. Bueno added that Bieber also sounds a lot more like his younger self in this practically guaranteed hit. Rich Juzwiak of Gawker praised Die in Your Arms, and commented, there is an in-your-ear-not-your-mouth joke to be made, but I will refrain because, ugh, I just died in your arms this year, Bieber. Tanar Anitai of MTV compared the style to the ones of Duffy, Amy Winehouse, Mark Ronson. Rolling Stone named the track the 45th best song of 2012, following its release on iTunes Store, Die in Your Arms reached number three on the stores chart, just behind Carly Rae Jepsens Call Me Maybe and Gotyes Somebody That I Used to Know. After a full week of sales, the track sold a total of 185,000 digital downloads in the United States, the following week, it plummeted 75 positions to number 92, the third biggest drop in the history of the chartDie in Your Arms – "Die in Your Arms"
59. First Dance (song) – First Dance is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, included as a track on his debut release, My World, released on November 17,2009. First Dance is a R&B and teen pop song, that sees Bieber and Usher trade lines, after the release of My World, due to digital sales, the song charted in the lower regions of charts in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. First Dance was written by Bieber, Usher, Jesse Wilson, Ryan Lovette, Dwight Reynolds, Alexander Prettyboifresh Parhm, with the exception of Usher, all other contributors to the song do not have any other credits on the album. The track was one of three songs on the edition of the album that Bieber co-wrote. Dwight Skrapp Reynolds is responsible for the keyboards in the song, First Dance, described to be in a moderate pace, is a R&B song with a length of three minutes and forty-two, with inclinations toward teen pop. Bieber described the song as a slow song that people can dance to. Jon Caramanica of The New York Times said that the song echoed Michael Jacksons You Are Not Alone, the song is set in the time signature of common time, and has a tempo of 100 beats per minute. It is written in the key of A minor, and vocals in the span from the low note of G3 to the high note of E5. Allison Stewart of The Washington Post called the song as a yearning ballad, marc Hirsh of the Boston Globe said that the song combines the Disney route of songs comparing love to a fairytale, and unintentional comedy in the lines Ain’t no chaperones. Girl, I promise I’ll be gentle/ I know we gotta do it slowly’ in a song literally about prom and it dropped off both charts the following week. In both territories, it was also the lowest non-previously released song from My World to appear on the charts, in the United Kingdom, after the release of My World, First Dance appeared at number 156. Songwriting – Justin Bieber, Usher Raymond IV, Jesse Wilson, Ryan Lovette, Dwight Reynolds, Alexander Prettyboifresh Parhm, production – Prettyboifresh Vocal recording – Jeremy Stevenson Mixing – Jaycen Joshua and Dave Pensado, assisted by Giancarlo LinoFirst Dance (song) – Critics appreciated the appearance of Usher (pictured) as the album's only feature.
60. That Should Be Me – That Should Be Me is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber, included as the tenth and final track on his first studio album, My World 2.0, released on March 19,2010. The song was written by Bieber alongside Luke Boyd and Nasri Atweh and Adam Messinger of The Messengers and that Should Be Me is an orchestral ballad in which Bieber sings about losing his love, and according to Monica Herrera of Billboard, plays the scorned ex. Most music critics received the song, and it debuted at number ninety-two on the Billboard Hot 100 following the release of My World 2.0. It also serves as the track of Justins first remix album My Worlds Acoustic. In December 2010, it was announced that Bieber would be working with American country band Rascal Flatts on new music, presumably for his second studio album. A music video was released to accompany the remixed version of the song and that Should Be Me was co-written by Bieber alongside Luke Boyd, as well as Nasri Atweh and Adam Messinger of The Messengers, with the latter also producing the track. The song was recorded by The Messengers at NH Studios in North Hollywood, instrumentation and all vocal arrangements were done by Atweh and Messinger. Additional engineering was performed by Pat Thrall, while the track was mixed by Manny Marroquin at Larrabee Studios, the mix was assisted by Christian Plata and Erik Madrid, whereas Atweh and Luke Boyd perform background vocals on the song. According to the music published at Musicnotes. com by Sony/ATV Music Publishing. It is composed in the key of C minor and raises up half a step after the bridge with Biebers vocal range spanning from the low-note of G3 to the high-note of C♯5, the song follows in the chord progression of Cm–A♭2–E♭–G/B. Described as a ballad by Monica Hererra of Billboard, Bieber pleads the girl he left behind to take him back. Herrera called the ballad orchestral and said that Bieber plays the scorned ex in the song, rudy Klapper of Sputnikmusic criticized Biebers constant role as teenage lothario on the album, pointing out That Should Be Me as an example. After the release of My World 2.0, That Should Be Me debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 at number ninety-two and that Should Be Me also appeared on the UK Singles Chart at number 179. Following the release of Never Say Never, The Remixes in 2011 and its actually a really good song. He plays five or six different instruments really well, Bieber confirmed LeVoxs statements, I love @RascalFlatts and Im honored that they are making music with me. And for those that dont know and they have great records like this one. He then linked a fan video of his with Rascal Flatts My Wish playing in the background, on the remix, Melinda Newman of HitFix said Bieber’s and LeVox’s voices create some nice harmony on an otherwise mundane song. Derek Evers of AOL Music said Bieber looks really comfortable belting out a country tune and it was first revealed that Bieber and Flatts would be shooting a video for the remix version of the song when TMZ revealed photos on Bieber on set of the video shootThat Should Be Me – Gary LeVox, lead singer of Rascal Flatts
61. Turn to You (Mother's Day Dedication) – Turn to You is a song by Canadian recording artist Justin Bieber. The song was released on May 11,2012, two days before Mothers Day, the song was written and composed by Justin Bieber, Nasri, Jacob Pena, Adam Messinger, and Tom Strahle. The record was produced by Bieber with Adam Messinger, lyrics of this song at MetroLyricsTurn to You (Mother's Day Dedication) – "Turn to You (Mother's Day Dedication)"
62. All Around the World Tour – The Believe Tour was the second concert tour by Canadian singer Justin Bieber. It was launched in support of his studio album, Believe. Beginning in September 2012, the tour played over 150 shows in the Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa, in 2012, the tour placed 23rd on Pollstars Top 50 Worldwide Tours. The tour earned $40.2 million from 35 shows, for 2013, it ranked 5th on Pollstars Top 100 Worldwide Tours—Mid Year, earning $69.9 million from 67 shows. The tour was announced on May,2012, during Biebers appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, dates were revealed for shows in the United States and Canada later in the day. Bieber stated the tour would be the biggest show on Earth, shows in the United Kingdom were reported in July 2012, with the tour expected to reach Asia, Australasia, South America, along with South Africa and the Middle East sometime in 2013. Rehearsals began in late July 2012 at the Long Beach Arena in Long Beach, Bieber and his crew would conduct 10-hour rehearsal days. He stated he had a lot to prove with this tour, the tour was an early success in the United States, with many dates selling out in one hour. The two shows at Madison Square Garden were sold out in 30 seconds, in August, the singer conducted an online search for dancers on the tour. The tour kicked off in Glendale, Arizona at the Jobing. com Arena, the premiere made headlines for Bieber feeling ill during the show. His performances of Out of Town Girl and Beauty and a Beat were interrupted as the singer vomited on, Justin Bieber reported further troubles during the concert at the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, Washington. After the show, Bieber tweeted his personal laptop and camera were stolen during the show, many fans lashed out against the arena while others believed the incident was a hoax. Three days following the show, Vevo premiered the video for the third single with an opening message, In October 2012. The following footage was uploaded by an anonymous blogger. Many media outlets reported the theft was a hoax to promote the music video, however, the singers management still affirm property was stolen. When reflecting on the Believe Tour, Biebers favorite moment was his introduction when hed come down from the top of the stage in wings, Bieber explained, Its going to be such a memorable moment from any tour. I think people will remember that, coming down right from the beginning of the show, its me and the wings for about 30 seconds. People are just captivated and theres nothing going on, so that moment is going to bleed into their memoryAll Around the World Tour – Believe Tour
63. Justin Bieber on Twitter – Justin Drew Bieber is a Canadian singer and songwriter. After a talent manager discovered him through his YouTube videos covering songs in 2008 and signed to RBMG, Bieber released his debut EP, My World and it was certified Platinum in the U. S. He became the first artist to have seven songs from a record chart on the Billboard Hot 100. Bieber released his first full-length studio album, My World 2.0 and it debuted at or near number one in several countries, was certified triple Platinum in the U. S. and contained his single Baby. He released his studio album, Under the Mistletoe, in November 2011. Bieber released his studio album, Believe, in 2012. His fourth studio album Purpose was released in November 2015, spawning three number one singles, What Do You Mean and his U. S. album and singles sales total 44.7 million. He has sold an estimated 100 million records, making him one of the world’s best-selling music artists, Bieber has won numerous awards, including the American Music Award for Artist of the Year in 2010 and 2012. In his career, he has won one Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording for the song Where Are Ü Now at the 2016 ceremony. He has been listed four times by Forbes magazine among the top ten most powerful celebrities in the world in 2011,2012, Bieber also became the first artist to surpass 10 billion total video views on Vevo. Bieber was born on March 1,1994, in London, Ontario, at St Josephs Hospital and he is the only child of Jeremy Jack Bieber and Patricia Pattie Mallette. Pattie raised her son with the help of her mother, Diane and his mother is of French-Canadian descent, his paternal great-grandfather was of German ancestry, and his other roots are English, Scottish and Irish. He has also claimed that he has some undetermined Aboriginal Canadian ancestry, through Jeremy, Bieber has two younger half-siblings, Jazmyn and Jaxon. Pattie worked a series of low-paying office jobs, raising Bieber as a mother in low-income housing. Bieber has maintained contact with his father, Bieber attended a French-language immersion elementary school in Stratford, the Jeanne Sauvé Catholic School. Growing up, he learned to play the piano, drums, guitar and he graduated from high school in Stratford, Ontario, the St. Michael Catholic Secondary School in 2012 with a 4.0 GPA. In early 2007, aged 12, Bieber sang Ne-Yos So Sick for a singing competition in Stratford and was placed second. Mallette posted a video of the performance on YouTube for their family and she continued to upload videos of Bieber singing covers of various R&B songs, and Biebers popularity on the site grewJustin Bieber on Twitter – Bieber at the 2012 NRJ Music Awards
64. Wikimedia – The Wikimedia movement is the global community of contributors to Wikimedia projects. These volunteers are supported by organizations around the world, including the Wikimedia Foundation, related chapters, thematic organizations. The Wikipedia community is the community of contributors of the online encyclopedia Wikipedia and it consists of editors and Administrators, known as Admin. Wikimedia projects include, The Wikimedia Foundation is an American non-profit and charitable organization headquartered in San Francisco and it owns the domain names and operates most of the movements websites, like Wikipedia, the Internet encyclopedia, as well as Wikimedia Commons. The WMF was founded in 2003 by Jimmy Wales as a way to fund Wikipedia, to empower and engage people around the world to collect and develop educational content under a free license or in the public domain, and to disseminate it effectively and globally. According to the WMFs 2015 financial statements, in 2015 the WMF had a budget of $72 million USD, spending $52 million USD on its operation, Chapters are organizations that support Wikimedia projects in specified geographical regions, mostly countries. Wikimedia Deutschland is the largest chapter, with a budget of €20 million. WMDE allocates approximately €1 million to support the corporation responsible for distributing donations, to have the same procedure, every chapter follows the same process and requests its yearly budget at the funds dissemination committee. The foundation as internet domain owner of the project pages requests a share of the donations via the website in a country, a total of under 4 Mio USD is distributed via this way to chapters and thematic organizations. The legal base is a Chapters Agreement with the foundation, thematic organizations are founded to support Wikimedia projects in a focal area. User groups have less formal requirements than chapters and thematic organizations and they support and promote the Wikimedia projects locally or on a specific theme, topic, subject, or issue. At the beginning of 2016, there were 55 user groups, once they are recognized by the Affiliations Committee, they enter into a User Groups Agreement and Code of Conduct with the foundation. They have a program to encourage female editorsWikimedia – Executive director Lila Tretikov, 2014