124th Ohio General Assembly
The One Hundred Twenty-fourth Ohio General Assembly was the legislative body of the state of Ohio in 2001 and 2002. In this General Assembly, both the Ohio Senate and the Ohio House of Representatives were controlled by the Republican Party. In the Senate, there were 21 Republicans and 12 Democrats. In the House, there were 60 Republicans and 39 Democrats. It was also the last General Assembly to use redistricted legislative districts after the 1990 United States Census.
- 1 Major events
- 2 Senate
- 3 House of Representatives
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- January 16, 2001: Senator Roy Ray (R-27th) resigns.
- February 5, 2001: Representative Kevin Coughlin (R-46th) resigns to take a seat in the Ohio Senate.
- September 18, 2001: Senator Bruce Johnson (R-3rd) resigns to become Director of Development in the cabinet of Governor Bob Taft.
- October 2, 2001: Representative David Goodman (R-25th) resigns to become a member of the Ohio Senate.
- October 17, 2001: Representative Dan Metelsky (D-61) resigns to become Deputy Director of the Ohio Lottery.
- December 5, 2001: Senator Rhine McLin (D-5th) resigns to become Mayor of Dayton, Ohio.
- December 31, 2001: Representative Jack Ford (D-49th) resigns to become Mayor of Toledo, Ohio.
- February 9, 2002: Representative Peter Lawson Jones (D-11th) resigns to become a Cuyahoga County, Ohio Commissioner
- February 13, 2002: Representative John E. Barnes Jr. (D-12th) resigns to become Director of Community Relations for Cleveland, Ohio.
- December 19, 2002: Senator Tim Ryan (D-32nd) resigns due to his election to the United States House of Representatives.
- December 31, 2002: Senator Priscilla D. Mead (R-16th) resigns.
- February 6, 2001: Kevin Coughlin appointed to the 27th Senatorial District due to the resignation of Roy Ray.
- February 12, 2001: John Widowfield appointed to the 46th House District due to the resignation of Kevin Coughlin.
- October 2, 2001: David Goodman appointed to the 3rd Senatorial District due to the resignation of Bruce Johnson.
- October 10, 2001: Jim McGregor appointed to the 25th House District due to the resignation of David Goodman.
- October 30, 2001: Joseph Koziura appointed to the 61st House District due to the resignation of Dan Metelsky.
- January 8, 2002: Edna Brown appointed to the 49th House District due to the resignation of Jack Ford.
- January 9, 2002: Tom Roberts appointed to the 5th Senatorial District due to the resignation of Rhine McLin.
- February 13, 2002: Michael DeBose appointed to the 12th House District due to the resignation of John E. Barnes Jr.
- February 20, 2002: Lance Mason appointed to the 11th House District due to the resignation of Peter Lawson Jones.
- President of the Senate: Richard Finan
- President pro tempore of the Senate: Bruce Johnson
- Assistant pro tempore: Jay Hottinger
- Whip: Randy Gardner
- Leader: Leigh Herington
- Assistant Leader: Greg DiDonato
- Whip: Dan Brady
- Assistant Whip: Mark Mallory
Members of the 124th Ohio Senate
|1||Lynn Wachtmann ||Republican||1998|
|2||Randy Gardner ||Republican||2000|
|3||David Goodman ||Republican||2001 (Appt.)|
|4||Scott Nein ||Republican||1995 (Appt.)|
|5||Tom Roberts||Democratic||2002 (Appt.)|
|6||Jeff Jacobson ||Republican||2000|
|7||Richard Finan ||Republican||1978 (Appt.)|
|8||Lou Blessing ||Republican||1996|
|9||Mark Mallory ||Democratic||1998|
|10||Steve Austria ||Republican||2000|
|11||Linda J. Furney ||Democratic||1986|
|12||Jim Jordan ||Republican||2000|
|13||Jeff Armbruster ||Republican||1998|
|14||Doug White ||Republican||1996 (Appt.)|
|15||Ben Espy ||Democratic||1992 (Appt.)|
|16||Priscilla D. Mead ||Republican||2000|
|17||Michael Shoemaker ||Democratic||1997 (Appt.)|
|18||Robert A. Gardner ||Republican||1996|
|19||Bill Harris ||Republican||2000 (Appt.)|
|20||James E. Carnes ||Republican||1995 (Appt.)|
|21||C.J. Prentiss ||Democratic||1998|
|22||Ron Amstutz ||Republican||2000|
|23||Dan Brady ||Democratic||1998|
|24||Robert Spada ||Republican||1999 (Appt.)|
|25||Eric Fingerhut ||Democratic||1998|
|26||Larry Mumper ||Republican||1997 (Appt.)|
|27||Kevin Coughlin ||Republican||2001 (Appt.)|
|28||Leigh Herington ||Democratic||1995 (Appt.)|
|29||Scott Oelslager ||Republican||1985 (Appt.)|
|30||Gregory L. DiDonato ||Democratic||1996|
|31||Jay Hottinger ||Republican||1998 (Appt.)|
|32||Tim Ryan ||Democratic||2000|
|33||Bob Hagan ||Democratic||1997 (Appt.)|
House of Representatives
- Speaker of the House: Larry Householder
- President pro tempore of the Senate: Gary Cates
- Floor Leader: Patricia Clancy
- Assistant Majority Floor Leader: Steve Buehrer
- Majority Whip: Jim Trakas
- Assistant Majority Whip: Jon Peterson
Members of the 124th Ohio House of Representatives
|1||John R. Willamowski||Rep||1997 (Appt.)|
|5||George Distel||Dem||1999 (Appt.)|
|10||Annie L. Key||Dem||2000|
|11||Lance Mason||Democratic||2002 (Appt.)|
|12||Michael DeBose||Dem||2002 (Appt.)|
|13||Mary Rose Oakar||Dem||2000|
|14||Ed Jerse||Dem||1995 (Appt.)|
|16||Sally Conway Kilbane||Rep||1998|
|18||Erin Sullivan||Dem||1998 (Appt.)|
|21||Joyce Beatty||Democratic||1999 (Appt.)|
|24||Larry L. Flowers||Rep||2000|
|25||Jim McGregor||Republican||2001 (Appt.)|
|27||Jim Hughes||Rep||2000 (Appt.)|
|28||Geoffrey C. Smith||Republican||1998|
|30||Samuel T. Britton||Democratic||1994|
|31||Catherine L. Barrett||Democratic||1998|
|36||Michelle G. Schneider||Republican||2000|
|37||Tom Brinkman Jr.||Republican||2000|
|38||Dixie Allen||Democratic||1998 (Appt.)|
|45||Bryan C. Williams||Republican||1996|
|46||John Widowfield||Rep||2001 (Appt.)|
|47||Robert J. Otterman||Democratic||2000|
|49||Edna Brown||Dem||2002 (Appt.)|
|51||Lynn Olman||Republican||1995 (Appt.)|
|53||Chris Redfern||Dem||1999 (Appt.)|
|58||Gary Cates||Rep||1995 (Appt.)|
|59||Greg Jolivette||Rep||1997 (Appt.)|
|61||Joseph Koziura||Dem||2001 (Appt.)|
|63||J. Tom Lendrum||Rep||2000|
|64||Sylvester Patton||Democratic||1997 (Appt.)|
|67||Anthony Latell Jr.||Democratic||2000|
|74||Merle G. Kearns||Rep||2000|
|75||Ann H. Womer Benjamin||Rep||1994|
|77||David R. Evans||Rep||1998 (Appt.)|
|79||William J. Hartnett||Dem||1998 (Appt.)|
|87||Tony Core||Rep||1999 (Appt.)|
|88||Dennis Stapleton||Rep||1996 (Appt.)|
|91||Joseph P. Sulzer||Dem||1997 (Appt.)|
|92||William L. Ogg||Dem||1994|
|93||Thom Collier||Rep||2000 (Appt.)|
|95||Jim Aslanides||Rep||1999 (Appt.)|
|96||Nancy P. Hollister||Rep||1999 (Appt.)|
|97||Kerry R. Metzger||Rep||1994|
Appt.- Member was appointed to current House Seat
- Ohio House of Representatives membership, 126th General Assembly
- Ohio House of Representatives membership, 125th General Assembly
- Ohio House of Representatives, official website
- Project Vote Smart – State House of Ohio
- Map of Ohio House Districts
- Ohio House of Representatives: November 7, 2000 Ohio Secretary of State
- Ohio Senate: November 7, 2000 Ohio Secretary of State