1250s in art
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1240s . 1250s in art . 1260s|
The decade of the 1250s in art involved some significant events.
Something significant happened.
Duccio Maestà with Twenty Angels and Nineteen Saints
- 1250: The illuminated manuscript Morgan Bible was completed
- 1251: Kei school sculptor produces Tamayori-bime statue in Yoshino Mikumari Shrine
- 1251-1254: Tankei sculpts a Thousand-armed Kannon at Sanjūsangen-dō
- 1255: Duccio – influential Italian artist of his time (died 1318)
- 1255: Lorenzo Maitani – Italian architect and sculptor primarily responsible for the construction and decoration of the façade of Orvieto Cathedral (died 1330)
- 1255: Filippo Rusuti - Italian painter and mosaicist (died 1325)
- 1254: Ren Renfa – Chinese painter of horses, people, flowers and birds (died 1327)
- 1254: Zhao Mengfu – Chinese scholar, painter and calligrapher during the Yuan Dynasty (died 1322)
- 1250: Pietro Cavallini – Italian painter and mosaic designer working during the late Middle Ages (died 1330)
- 1250: Giovanni Pisano – Italian sculptor, painter and architect (died 1315)