1318 in Ireland
Other events of 1318 |
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1318 in Ireland.
- 10 May – Battle of Dysert O'Dea: The Hiberno-Norman Richard de Clare is defeated and killed by Conor O'Dea in alliance with O'Briens, MacNamaras and Ó hEithirs.
- 29 September – Alexander de Bicknor arrives in Ireland.
- 14 October – Battle of Faughart, aka Battle of Dundalk: a Hiberno-Norman force defeats a Scots-Irish army commanded by Edward Bruce (who is killed in the battle), ending the Bruce campaign in Ireland.
- Beginning of the Kildare Supremacy.
- William FitzJohn, Bishop of Ossory appointed Lord Chancellor of Ireland
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- 10 May – Richard de Clare, Thomas de Lees, Henry de Capella, James de Caunteton, John de Caunteton, all killed at Dysart O'Dea.
- Gilbert de Roache "killed at Ross by the burgesses of Ross."
- Edward Bruce of Scotland killed in battle.
- Foster, R. F. (1989). The Oxford Illustrated History of Ireland. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0198229704.
- D'Alton, John (1845). The history of Ireland: from the earliest period to the year 1245, Vol II page 49 "...popularly called the battle of Dundalk...". Published by the author. p. 49.
- Mac Annaidh, Séamas, ed. (2001). Illustrated Dictionary of Irish History. Dublin: Gill and Macmillan. ISBN 9780717135363.