1516 in science
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Astronomy and space science
- The fall of the Nantan meteorite is possibly observed near the city of Nantan, Nandan County, Guangxi (China).
- January – The Río de la Plata is first explored by Europeans when Spanish navigator Juan Díaz de Solís traverses it during his search for a passage between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
- March 26 – Conrad Gessner, Swiss naturalist (died 1565)
- November 5 – Martin Helwig, Silesian cartographer (died 1574)
- Realdo Colombo, Italian anatomist (died 1559)