1522 in literature
This article presents lists of the literary events and publications in 1522.
- September 21 – Luther Bible: Martin Luther's translation of the Bible's New Testament into Early New High German from Greek, Das newe Testament Deutzsch, is published in Germany, selling thousands in the first few weeks.
- Luo Guanzhong's 14th-century compilation Romance of the Three Kingdoms is first printed, as Sanguozhi Tongsu Yanyi.
- Desiderius Erasmus – Novum Testamentum (Greek Textus Receptus of the New Testament, third edition)
- Martin Luther – Against Henry, King of the English (Contra Henricum Regem Anglie)
- Adam Ries – Rechenung auff der Linihen und Federn
- Niklaus Manuel Deutsch I – Vom Papst und Christi Gegensatz
- The World and the Child (Mundus et Infans, published)
- Thomas Murner – Von dem grossen Lutherischen Narren ("Of the Great Lutheran Fool")
- Approximate years
- June 1 – Dirck Volckertszoon Coornhert, Dutch classical scholar (died 1590)
- Unknown dates
- February 25 – William Lilye, English classical scholar (born c. 1468)
- June 30 – Johann Reuchlin, German humanist scholar and poet (born 1455)
- September – Gavin Douglas, Scottish poet and bishop (born c. 1474)
- Thomas, Calvin (1909). A History of German Literature. New York: D. Appleton & Co. Retrieved 2009-12-14.
- Preminger, Alex; Brogan, T. V. F.; et al. (1993). The New Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry and Poetics. New York: MJF Books/Fine Communications.
- Cox, Michael, ed. (2004). The Concise Oxford Chronology of English Literature. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-860634-6.