1524 in poetry
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
Death years link to the corresponding "[year] in poetry" article:
- May 28 – Selim II (died 1574), Ottoman Turkish sultan and poet
- September 11 – Pierre de Ronsard (died 1585), French prince des poètes
- Date unknown – Thomas Tusser (died 1580), English chorister, agriculturalist and poet
- Approximate year
Birth years link to the corresponding "[year] in poetry" article:
- January 5 – Marko Marulić (born 1450), Croatian poet and Christian humanist, known as "the Crown of the Croatian Medieval Age" and the "father of the Croatian Renaissance"; He signed his works as "Marko Marulić Splićanin" ("Marko Marulić of Split"), "Marko Pečenić", "Marcus Marulus Spalatensis", or "Dalmata"
- January 7 – Tang Yin died this year, according to some sources, or 1523 according to others (born 1470), Chinese poet, painter and calligrapher
- Giovanni Aurelio Augurelli (born 1456), Italian, Latin-language poet
- Francesco Negri (humanist) died this year or sometime later (born 1452), Italian, Latin-language poet
- 16th century in poetry
- 16th century in literature
- French Renaissance literature
- Renaissance literature
- Spanish Renaissance literature
- Web page titled "Academic Text Service (ATS)/ Chadwyck-Healey English Poetry Database: / Tudor Poetry, 1500-1603", at Stanford University library website, retrieved September 8, 2009. Archived 2009-09-11.
- Kurian, George Thomas (2003). Timetables of World Literature. New York: Facts on File Inc. ISBN 0-8160-4197-0.
- "artnet.com: Resource Library: Tang Yin". GroveArt. August 27, 2009. Archived from the original on May 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-27..
- Preminger, Alex and T. V. F. Brogan, et al., The New Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry and Poetics, 1993. New York: MJF Books/Fine Communications
- Web page titled "Tra Medioevo en rinascimento" at Poeti di Italia in Lingua Latina website (in Italian), retrieved May 14, 2009. Archived 2009-05-27.