1525 in literature
This article presents lists of the literary events and publications in 1525.
- Il Petrarco, Allesandro Vellutello's edition of Petrarch which will be reprinted 29 times this century, is first published.
- First printing of the anonymous early 14th century poem King Alexander.
- William Tyndale's New Testament Bible translation into English is made; printed copies reach England in 1526.
- Laurentian Library in Florence designed by Michelangelo.
- Pietro Bembo – Prose nelle quali si ragiona della volgar lingua (Prose della volgar lingua)
- Albrecht Dürer – Underweysung der Messung mit dem Zirckel und Richtscheyt (literally, "Instructions for Measuring with Compass and Ruler"; also known as The Four Books on Measurement or The Painter's Manual)
- Francesco Giorgi – De harmonia mundi totius
- Martin Luther – On the Bondage of the Will (De Servo Arbitrio)
- Paracelsus – De septem puncti idolotriae christianae (On the Seven Points of Christian Idolatry)
- Antonio Pigafetta – Relazione del primo viaggio intorno al mondo (Report on the First Voyage Around the World; partial publication in Paris)
- The Twelve Articles: The Just and Fundamental Articles of All the Peasantry and Tenants of Spiritual and Temporal Powers by Whom They Think Themselves Oppressed
- March 25 – Richard Edwardes, English choral singer, poet and playwright (died 1566)
- Pir Roshan (بايزيد انصاري), Pashtun warrior poet (died 1582/5)
- Jan van Casembroot, Flemish noble and poet (died 1568)
- Approximate date
- May 27 – Thomas Müntzer, German Protestant theologian, radical economist and poet (born c.1489) (executed)
- Approximate date – Jean Lemaire de Belges, Walloon poet and historian resident in France (born c.1473)
- Kennedy, William J. (1999). "Petrarchan poetics". In Kennedy, George Alexander; et al. The Cambridge History of Literary Criticism. 3. Cambridge University Press. p. 114. ISBN 0-521-30008-8. Retrieved 2009-05-27.
- Cox, Michael, ed. (2004). The Concise Oxford Chronology of English Literature. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-860634-6.