1541 in art
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The year 1541 in art involved some significant events and new works.
- Michelangelo completes his fresco The Last Judgment on the altar wall of the Sistine Chapel in Vatican City.
- Cardinal Alexander writes to Bishop Marco Vigerio discussing frescoes to be done by Michelangelo for the Cappella Paolina
- Battista Franco Veneziano paints fresco of the Arrest of John the Baptist for the Oratory of San Giovanni Decollato
- Pietro Negroni paints Adoration of Magi
- Titian – The Marquis of Vasto addressing his troops
- Antoine Caron – Dionysius Areopagite and the Eclipse of Sun(image)
- El Greco (or Domenikos Theotokopoulos), painter, sculptor, and architect of the Spanish Renaissance (died 1614)
- Aert Mijtens, Flemish Renaissance painter (died 1602)
- Yi Chong, Korean painter (died 1622)
- January 6 - Bernard van Orley, Flemish Northern Renaissance painter and draughtsman (born 1487-1491)
- August - Valentin Bousch, glass painter (born 1490)
- date unknown