1549 in art
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The year 1549 in art involved some significant events and new works.
- Sculptor Hans Vischer, the last of the Vischer Family of Nuremberg, leaves the city.
- Bartolommeo Bandinelli - God the Father (statue), in the cloister of Santa Croce, Florence
- Bronzino – Portrait of Giovanni de' Medici
- Tintoretto – St. Roch in the Hospital
- September 1 - Cesare Aretusi, Italian painter (died 1612)
- date unknown - Giovanni Contarini, Venetian painter (died 1605)
- probable (born 1549/1551) - Giovanni Ambrogio Figino, Italian painter (died 1608)