1634 in music
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The year 1634 in music involved some significant events.
- February 3 – James Shirley's spectacular masque The Triumph of Peace is performed in London. The work features music by William Lawes, Simon Ives, and Bulstrode Whitelocke. It is repeated on February 13.
- September 29 (Michaelmas) – The masque Comus, by John Milton, is presented at Ludlow Castle, with music composed by Henry Lawes.
- Charles d'Ambleville – Octonarium sacrum
- William Lawes – The Triumph of Peace
- January 7 – Adam Krieger, composer (died 1666)
- March 26 – Domenico Freschi, composer (died 1710)
- date unknown