1643 in music
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The year 1643 in music involved some significant events.
- Composer Johann Crüger meets hymn-writer Paul Gerhardt, resulting in a collaboration.
- Johann von Rist publishes his Himmlische Lieder, later set to music by Johann Sebastian Bach.
- Pierre Robert becomes master of music at Senlis Cathedral.
- Marco Scacchi – Cribrum musicum
- July 28 – Antonio Tarsia, composer (died 1722)
- December – Johann Adam Reincken, organist and composer (died 1722)
- date unknown – Marc-Antoine Charpentier, composer (died 1704)
- February 25 – Marco da Gagliano, composer (born 1582)
- March 1 – Girolamo Frescobaldi, composer and organist (born 1583)
- April 20 – Christoph Demantius, composer (born 1567)
- May 17 – Giovanni Picchi, organist and composer (born c.1571)
- November 29 – Claudio Monteverdi, composer (born 1567)
- December 8 – Antoine Boësset, French court musician and composer (born 1586)
- probable – Guillaume Bouzignac, French composer (born c.1587)