1648 in music
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The year 1648 in music involved some significant events.
- End of the Thirty Years' War (1618–1648), which had disrupted German cultural development during much of the first half of the 17th century.
- December 6 – The marriage of Count Maximilian Willibald of Waldburg-Wolfegg and Clara Isabella Princess of Aarschot and Arenberg is celebrated with a performance of Bartholomäus Aich's musical-dramatic festival play Armamentarium comicum amris et honoris.
- Johann Rudolph Ahle – Compendium per tenellis
- Francesco Corbetta – Varii Scherzi di Sonate per la Chitara Spagnola, Libro Quarto, published in Brussels
- Henry Lawes – Choice Psalmes
- Heinrich Schütz – Geistliche Chor-Music (Spiritual Choral Music)
- Chiara Margarita Cozzolani – Scherzi di sacra melodia a voce sola
- none listed
- July 9 – Arp Schnitger, German organ builder (d. 1719)
- August 9 – Johann Michael Bach, German composer (d. 1694)