1649 in music
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The year 1649 in music involved some significant events.
- Johann Jakob Froberger – Libro secondo di toccate, fantasie, canzone, allemande, courante, sarabande, gigue et altre partite (presentation manuscript, September)
- Alberich Mazak – Cultus harmonicus, volume one, a collection of his complete works, published in Vienna
- Pietro Cavalli – Jason
- Antonio Cesti – Orontea, premiéred at the Teatro Santissimi Apostoli, in Venice, during Carnivale.
- February 23 – John Blow, organist and composer
- May 3 (bapt.) – Johann Valentin Meder, organist and composer (d. 1719)
- date unknown – Johann Krieger, composer
- John Blow, organist and composer
- probable – Jacques Boyvin, French organist and composer (died 1706)