1654 in music
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The year 1654 in music involved some significant events.
- April 21 – Francisco Lopez Capillas becomes chapelmaster of Mexico City Cathedral.
- Georg Caspar Wecker becomes organist of the Frauenkirche in Nuremberg.
- The newly formed Innsbruck opera company open's with Antonio Cesti's Cleopatra
- Violin maker Giuseppe Giovanni Battista Guarneri opens a workshop in Cremona.
- Louis Couperin – Fugue Grave sur Urbs Beata Jherusalem
- Antonio Maria Abbatini – Del male in bene
- Francesco Cavalli
- Antonio Cesti – Cleopatra, with libretto by Dario Varotari the Younger, Innsbruck, date unknown.
- Francesco Provenzale – Teseo
- February 3 – Pietro Antonio Fiocco, composer (died 1714)
- July 25 – Agostino Steffani, churchman, diplomat and composer (died 1728)
- September – Vincent Lübeck, organist and composer (died 1740)
- October 23 – Johann Bernhard Staudt, composer (died 1712)
- date unknown
- probable – Servaes de Koninck, composer (died c.1701)