1655 in music
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The year 1655 in music involved some significant events.
- Composer Johann Rosenmüller is imprisoned as the result of a scandal concerning alleged homosexual activities.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- Giuseppe Alfiero – La fedeltà trionfante (lost)
- May 4 – Bartolomeo Cristofori, inventor of the piano (died 1731)
- August 13 – Johann Christoph Denner, wind instrument maker (died 1707)
- probable – Robert de Visée, lutenist, guitarist, theorbist and violin player (died c.1732)
- April 4 – Johann Erasmus Kindermann, organist and composer (born 1616)
- July 30 – Sigmund Theophil Staden, German composer (born 1607)