1665 in music
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The year 1665 in music involved some significant events.
- May 27 – John Loosemore completes the construction of the organ at Exeter Cathedral.
- Francesco Cavalli becomes first organist of St Mark's Basilica in Venice.
- Wojciech Bobowski – Mezmurlar, a collection of psalms in Turkish
- John Blow – I will always give thanks
- Guillaume-Gabriel Nivers – Livre d'orgue contenant cent pièces de tous les tons de l'église, the first organ collection that featured forms that became standard for the French Baroque organ school
- March 17 – Élisabeth Jacquet de La Guerre, harpsichordist and composer (died 1729)
- date unknown
- probable – Carlo Giuseppe Testore, luthier (died 1716)
- January 21 – Domenico Mazzochi, Italian composer (born 1592)
- November 16 – João Lourenço Rebelo, Portuguese court composer (born 1610)
- December 10 – Tarquinio Merula, organist, violinist and composer (born c.1594)