1670 in music
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The year 1670 in music involved some significant events.
- June – Christian Geist joins the Swedish court orchestra under Gustaf Düben.
- October 14 – First performance of Molière's Le Bourgeois gentilhomme, a five-act comédie-ballet – a play intermingled with music, dance and singing – at the court of King Louis XIV of France.
- Angelo Berardi – Discorsi musicali
- Maurizio Cazzati – Op. 55, a collection of sonatas
- Jacques Champion de Chambonnières – Les Pieces de clavessin, Livre premier
- Denis Gaultier – Pièces de luth sur trois différens modes nouveaux
- Ludovico Busca – L'Ippolita, Reina delle Amazzoni
- July 18 – Giovanni Bononcini, cellist and composer (died 1747)
- July 19 – Richard Leveridge, singer and composer (died 1758)
- date unknown