1675 in music
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The year 1675 in music involved some significant events.
- Agostino Steffani is appointed court organist at Munich.
- Johann Krieger performs at Vienna, and is rewarded by Leopold I, Holy Roman Emperor.
Published popular music
- Christian Geist – Laudet Deum mea
- Guillaume-Gabriel Nivers – 3e livre d'orgue des huit tons de l'église, organ collection
- Alessandro Stradella – Qual prodigio è ch'io miri, a serenata
- Matthew Locke – Psyche
- July 12 – Evaristo Felice Dall'Abaco, Italian composer (died 1742)
- date unknown – Louis de La Coste, composer (died 1750)
- Giovanni Porta, opera composer (died 1755)
- Tommaso Redi, composer
- March 23 – Anthoni van Noordt, Dutch organist and composer (born 1619)
- September 5 – Carlos Patiño, composer (born 1600)
- October 29 – Andreas Hammerschmidt, organist and composer (born c.1611)
- November 14 – Johannes Khuen, priest, poet and composer (born 1606)
- date unknown – Wojciech Bobowski, Polish Ottoman musician (born 1610)