1684 in music
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The year 1684 in music involved some significant events.
- Antonio Stradivari makes the Bucher, Cipriani Potter and Cobbett ex Holloway violins.
- An adaptation of Fletcher's Valentinian features music composed by Louis Grabu.
- Giovanni Battista Granata – Armoniosi toni di varie suonate musicali per la chitarra spagnuola . . . Opera settima
- Alessandro Scarlatti – Agar et Ismaele esiliati (oratorio)
- John Blow – Venus and Adonis
- Juan Hidalgo de Polanco – Apolo y Leucotea
- Jean-Baptiste Lully – Amadis de Gaule
- March 15 – Francesco Durante, composer (died 1755)
- June 22 – Francesco Manfredini, violinist and composer (died 1762)
- September 18 – Johann Gottfried Walther, composer and music theorist (died 1748)