1690 in music
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The year 1690 in music involved some significant events.
- Invention of the clarinet.
- Georg Muffat becomes Kapellmeister to the Bishop of Passau.
Published popular music
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2017)
- Giuseppe Boniventi – Il gran Macedone
- Marc-Antoine Charpentier – Le Jugement de Paris
- Alessandro Scarlatti – La Rosaura
- Kurze doch deutliche Anleitung zu der lieblich- und löblichen Singekunst by Johann Georg Ahle, an enlarged and revised version of Johann Rudolf Ahle's famous singing manual, Brevis et perspicua introductio. A second edition was published in 1704.
- February 2 – Francesco Maria Veracini, violinist and composer (died 1768)
- June 11 – Giovanni Antonio Giay, composer (died 1764)
- September 15 – Ignazio Prota, composer and music teacher (died 1748)
- November – Charles Theodore Pachelbel, organist, harpsichordist and composer (died 1750)
- November 22 – François Colin de Blamont, composer (died 1760)
- date unknown – Francesco Barsanti, composer, recorder & oboe virtuoso; born Lucca, Toscany (IT). (Died 1775)
- date unknown – Johann Tobias Krebs, organist and composer (died 1762)