1691 in music
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The year 1691 in music involved some significant events.
- July – Johann Heinrich Buttstett succeeds Nicolaus Vetter as organist of the Predigerkirche in Erfurt.
Published popular music
- John Blow – Ode for St Cecilia's Day
- Bianca Maria Meda – Cari Musici (motet)
- Andreas Werkmeister – Musikalische Temperatur
The following operas were composed:
- Henry Purcell – King Arthur (with libretto by John Dryden)
- Bernardo Sabadini – Diomede punito da Alcide
- June 14 – Jan Francisci, organist and composer (died 1758)
- December – Conrad Friedrich Hurlebusch, organist and composer (died 1765)
- date unknown – Francesco Feo, opera composer (died 1761)