1709 in art
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Events from the year 1709 in art.
- The Baroque church of Santa María Magdalena, Seville, is completed.
- Paolo Baronni – Frescoes in the Basilica of St Denis.
- Giuseppe Maria Crespi – The Flea.
- Sir Godfrey Kneller Portraits of Admirals Sir John Jennings and Sir Stafford Fairborne.
- Kanō Tsunenobu – Portrait of a Japanese official.
- March 22 – Giuseppe Zais, Italian painter of landscapes (vedutisti) (died 1784)
- June 11 – Joachim Martin Falbe, German portrait painter (died 1782)
- December 24 – Johann Evangelist Holzer, Austrian-German painter (died 1740)
- date unknown
- Giuseppe Angeli, Italian painter of the late-baroque active mainly in Venice (died 1798)
- Philipp Hieronymus Brinckmann, German painter and engraver (died 1761)
- John Cheere, English sculptor (died 1787)
- Johann Michael Feuchtmayer, stucco sculptor and plasterer (died 1772)
- Jean Girardet, French painter of portrait miniatures (died 1778)
- Violante Beatrice Siries, Italian painter (died 1783)
- April 2 – Giovanni Battista Gaulli, Italian painter (born 1639)
- April 5 – Roger de Piles, French painter, engraver, art critic and diplomat (born 1635)
- August 31 – Andrea Pozzo, Italian Baroque architect, decorator, stage designer, painter and art theoretician (born 1642)
- September – Thomas Quellinus, Flemish sculptor (born 1661)
- December 7 – Meindert Hobbema, Dutch landscape painter (born 1638)
- date unknown
- Jean-Baptiste Boyer d’Éguilles, French engraver, painter, and collector (born 1650)
- Geronimo de Bobadilla, Spanish painter (born 1630)
- Antonio Franchi, Italian painter active mainly in Florence and Lucca (born 1638)
- Bartolomeo Guidobono, Italian painter, active mainly in Northern Italy (born 1654)
- Henry Gyles, English glass painter (born 1640)
- Johan Teyler, Dutch Golden Age painter and engraver (born 1648)
- Yu Zhiding, Chinese landscape painter during the Qing Dynasty (born 1647)