1777 in sports
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Years in sports:||1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780|
|Centuries:||17th century · 18th century · 19th century|
|Decades:||1740s 1750s 1760s 1770s 1780s 1790s 1800s|
|Years:||1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780|
1777 in sports describes the year's events in world sport.
- 4 June — Harry Sellers retained his English championship against Joe Hood in a 1 hour fight at Ascot Heath.
- 2 July — Harry Sellers retained his English championship against Joe Hood in a 30 minute fight at Ipswich.
- James Aylward scored 167 for Hampshire against an England XI at Sevenoaks Vine to create a new record for the highest individual innings in first-class cricket. The record stood until 1806.
- Cyber Boxing Zone – Harry Sellers. Retrieved on 7 November 2009.
- Note that scorecards created in the 18th century are not necessarily accurate or complete; therefore any summary of runs, wickets or catches can only represent the known totals and the missing data prevents effective computation of averages
|This year in sport article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|