1814 in archaeology
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
The year 1814 in archaeology involved some significant events.
- 23 January: Alexander Cunningham, father of the Archaeological Survey of India (d. 1893)
- 2 September: Ernst Curtius, conducted archaeological research in the late 19th century; primarily interested in Greek archaeology (d. 1896)
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2015)
- "Footprints of the Lucans". APT Basilicata. Retrieved 5 Aug 2015.
- "Sir Alexander Cunningham - British army officer and archaeologist". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "Ernst Curtius - German archaeologist". Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- Roman Forum - excavations.