1815 in art
Events in the year 1815 in Art.
- April 22 – Portrait painter Thomas Lawrence is knighted.
- Rebuilding of Brighton Pavilion by John Nash begins.
- The unfinished Waterloo Vase is presented to the Prince Regent who commissions the sculptor Richard Westmacott to complete it.
- Beginning of Biedermeier period in the European arts.
- James Pollard's first four mail coach paintings are engraved and published as aquatints in England.
- Francisco Goya
- Orest Kiprensky – Portrait of Vasily Zhukovsky
- J. M. W. Turner
- February 15 – Eugène-Louis Lequesne, French sculptor (died 1887)
- February 18 – Baron Leys, Belgian painter (died 1869)
- February 21 – Jean-Louis-Ernest Meissonier, French Classicist painter and sculptor (died 1891)
- March 15 - Dimitrije Avramović, eminent Serbian painter of icons and frescoes (died 1855)
- May 19 – Thomas Thornycroft, English sculptor (died 1885)
- June 11 – Julia Margaret Cameron, née Pattle, Indian-born British photographer (died 1879)
- July 12 – Hablot Knight Browne ("Phiz"), English illustrator (died 1882)
- September 1 – Emma Stebbins, American sculptor (died 1882)
- November 15 – John Banvard, American panorama painter (died 1891)
- December 8 – Adolf Menzel, German painter and engraver (died 1905)
- December 21 – Thomas Couture, French painter and art teacher (died 1879)
- date unknown – Carlos Luis de Ribera y Fieve, Spanish painter, son of Juan Antonio Ribera (died 1891)
- March 7 – Francesco Bartolozzi, Italian engraver (born 1725)
- June 1 – James Gillray, British caricaturist (born c.1756)
- June 28 – Torii Kiyonaga, Japanese ukiyo-e printmaker and painter of the Torii school (born 1752)
- August 31 – John Edwards, English botanist, painter, designer and illustrator (born 1742)
- September 9 – John Singleton Copley, American painter (born 1738)
- November 9 - Samuel Alken, English sculptor and engraver (born 1756)
- November 9 – Giuseppe Bossi, Italian painter, arts administrator and writer on art (born 1777)
- December 31 – Thomas Burke, Irish engraver and painter (born 1749)
- date unknown