1818 in sports
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Years in sports:||1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821|
|Centuries:||18th century · 19th century · 20th century|
|Decades:||1780s 1790s 1800s 1810s 1820s 1830s 1840s|
|Years:||1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821|
1818 in sports describes the year's events in world sport.
- Leading English player George Osbaldeston strikes his name from the MCC members list in anger. He later repents and tries to restore himself but his application is blocked by his enemy, Lord Frederick Beauclerk. Osbaldeston can no longer play at Lord's and that effectively ends his first-class career.
- 1,000 Guineas Stakes – Corinne
- 2,000 Guineas Stakes – Interpreter
- The Derby – Sam
- The Oaks – Corinne
- St. Leger Stakes – Reveller
- Leander Club is founded by the merger of The Star and Arrow boat clubs in London
- Cyber Boxing Zone – Tom Cribb Archived 2009-05-04 at WebCite. Retrieved on 6 November 2009.
- Note that scorecards created in the first quarter of the 19th century are not necessarily accurate or complete; therefore any summary of runs, wickets or catches can only represent the known totals and the missing data prevents effective computation of averages