1827 in archaeology
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
The year 1827 CE in archaeology included many events, some of which are listed below.
- May 17 - St Cuthbert's coffin at Durham Cathedral.
- Yorkshire Philosophical Society begins excavation of St Mary's Abbey, York, prior to construction of the Yorkshire Museum on part of the site.
- Caspar Reuvens, professor of archaeology at Leiden University, begins excavation of Forum Hadriani, an important Roman site in the Netherlands, which will last into the 1830s.
- "St Cuthbert's Society: About St Cuthbert's - Durham University". www.dur.ac.uk. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "Historic Figures: Augustus Pitt Rivers (1827 - 1900)". BBC History. Retrieved 26 May 2017.