1829 in birding and ornithology
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Years in birding and ornithology:||1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832|
|Centuries:||18th century · 19th century · 20th century|
|Decades:||1790s 1800s 1810s 1820s 1830s 1840s 1850s|
|Years:||1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832|
- Trocaz pigeon described by Karl Heineken
- Death of Juan Ignacio Molina
- Death of Jean-Baptiste Lamarck
- Auguste Drapiez publishes Résumé d'ornithologie ou d'histoire naturelle des oiseaux
- Johann Georg Wagler writes descriptions of new bird species in Isis, oder Encyclopädische Zeitung published by Lorenz Oken Some are: the russet-throated puffbird, the golden-fronted woodpecker, the pinnated bittern, the chestnut-colored woodpecker, the brown jay, the intermediate egret and the ladder-backed woodpecker
- George Ord retires from business to devote his time to ornithology.
- 1829-33 Admiral Sir Edward Belcher "Aetna " survey expedition to North and West Africa.
- Julien François Desjardins, Charles Telfair, Wenceslas Bojer, and Jacques Delisse, take part in founding the Société d'Histoire Naturelle de l'Île Maurice
|This article about ornithology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|