1836 in archaeology
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more |
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
- June - 17 miniature coffins of unknown provenance are found in a cave on Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh.
- Chatsworth Head found near Tamassos on Cyprus.
- October 25 - Luxor Obelisk re-erected in Place de la Concorde, Paris.
- James Prinsep begins to decipher the Edicts of Ashoka.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2012)
- "Arthur's Seat coffins". National Museums Scotland. Retrieved 2014-07-08.
- Mattusch, Carol C. (1988). Greek Bronze Statuary: from the beginnings through the fifth century B.C. Ithaca, N.Y.: Cornell University Press. p. 3. ISBN 0801421489. Retrieved 22 August 2016.