1891 in association football
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The following are the association football events of the year 1891 throughout the world.
- 1 Events
- 2 National Championship Winners
- 3 International tournaments
- 4 Births
- 5 Deaths
- 6 Footnotes
Clubs founded in 1891
National Championship Winners
- Football League Winners:
- FA Cup Winners:
- Irish Cup Winners:
- Scottish Cup Winners:
- Welsh Cup Winners:
- 1891 British Home Championship (28 March – 6 April 1891)
- September 22: Charlie Buchan, English international footballer (died 1960)
- December 15: David Wijnveldt, Dutch international footballer (died 1962)
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)
- First amateur season of the Argentine Primera División.
- Championship not recognised by the Argentine Football Association, however, is recognised by FIFA.
- Inaugural season of the Danish Football Tournament.
- Although recognised by the Danish Football Association (DBU), winners of tournament not considered official Danish champions.
- First season of the Irish Football League.
- First official season of the Dutch Football League.
- First season of the Scottish Football League.
- Shrewsbury Town won the Welsh Cup despite being from England.