1895 in Australian literature
This article presents a list of the historical events and publications of Australian literature during 1895.
For an overview of world literature see 1895 in literature.
- Guy Boothby
- A Bid for Fortune; Or, Doctor Nikola's Vendetta
- A Lost Endeavour
- The Marriage of Esther: A Torres Strait Sketch
- Ada Cambridge – Fidelis: A Novel
- Henry Kingsley – Reginald Hetherage and Leighton Court
- Rosa Praed – Mrs Tregaskiss: A Novel of Anglo-Australian Life
- Ethel Turner
- The Family at Misrule
- The Story of a Baby
- Edward Dyson
- "After the Accident"
- "Dead Man's Lode"
- "The Trucker's Dream"
- "A Visit to Scubby Gully"
- Ernest Favenc – "The Boundary Rider's Story"
- Mary Fortune – "The Major's Case"
- Henry Lawson – "Steelman's Pupil"
- A. B. Paterson – "Concerning a Dog Fight"
- Steele Rudd
- "Our First Harvest"
- "Starting the Selection"
- "When the Wolf Was at the Door"
- Jennings Carmichael – Poems
- Daniel Henry Deniehy – "Amans Amare"
- Edward Dyson
- Henry Lawson – "The Vagabond"
- Louise Mack – "Of a Wild White Bird"
- John Shaw Neilson – "Marian's Child"
- Will H. Ogilvie
- "From the Gulf"
- "Northward to the Sheds"
- A. B. Paterson
A list, ordered by date of birth (and, if the date is either unspecified or repeated, ordered alphabetically by surname) of births in 1895 of Australian literary figures, authors of written works or literature-related individuals follows, including year of death.
- 15 November – Leonard Mann, poet and novelist (died 1981)
- Victor Kennedy, poet (died 1952)
A list, ordered by date of death (and, if the date is either unspecified or repeated, ordered alphabetically by surname) of deaths in 1895 of Australian literary figures, authors of written works or literature-related individuals follows, including year of birth.
- 21 October – Louisa Anne Meredith, poet (born 1812)