1901 in association football
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The following are the association football events of the year 1901 throughout the world.
- May 16 – Uruguay and Argentina both play their first ever international match, when they meet in Montevideo. Argentina wins the contest (2-3).
- 1901 British Home Championship (February 23 – March 30, 1901)
- January 21 – Ricardo Zamora, Spanish international footballer
- May 24 – José Nasazzi, Uruguayan international footballer
- July 26 – Umberto Caligaris, Italian international footballer (died 1940)
- November 22 – José Leandro Andrade, Uruguayan international footballer
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2011)