1926–27 KBUs Mesterskabsrække
29 August 1926 – 8 May 1927|
16 June 1927
|Champions||B.93 (6th title)|
|Goals scored||149 (4.97 per match)|
|Biggest home win||BK Frem 11–2 BK Fremad Amager (20 March 1927)|
|Biggest away win||BK Fremad Amager 2–8 B.93 (21 November 1926)|
|Highest scoring||BK Frem 11–2 BK Fremad Amager (20 March 1927)|
1927–28 →Total number of matches and goals played does not include the promotion/relegation play-offs.
The 1926–27 KBUs Mesterskabsrække was the 39th season of the Copenhagen Football Championship since its establishment in 1889, and the 25th under the administration of Kjøbenhavns Boldspil-Union (KBU). The season was launched with two league matches on 29 August 1926 and the final round of regular league fixtures were played on 8 May 1927 with two matches. Boldklubben 1903 were the defending league champions from the 1925–26 KBUs season. The winner of the league would automatically qualify for the national championship final of the 1926–27 Landsfodboldturneringen played at the end of the regular season. All six teams in the league, including the winner of the 1926–27 KBUs A-række, also participated in the inaugural season of the new Danish Championship play-off structure, the 1927–28 Danmarksmesterskabsturneringen i Fodbold. The same six teams including both the winners and runners-up of the second-tier league, 1926–27 KBUs A-række automatically qualified for the 1927 edition of KBUs Pokalturnering.
The winner of the Copenhagen FA first-tier football league were B.93, with this being their sixth KBU league title, and during the fall season of 1926, the team also secured the championship trophy of the 1926 KBUs Pokalturnering, securing a double. BK Fremad Amager finished in the last place of the league in its debuting season of Copenhagen FA's primary football competition, a year after the club's promotion last season from the second Copenhagen FA-tier, 1925–26 KBUs A-række, but managed to win the first promotion/relegation play-off match against the 1926–27 KBUs A-række winner, Handelsstandens BK, securing their spot in the next season of KBUs Mesterskabsrække as the league's extraordinary participant.
The season was launched on 28 August 1926 with two matches both played at Københavns Idrætspark — BK Fremad Amager against BK Frem and B 1903 against B.93. The game between BK Fremad Amager and BK Frem was the first official match between the two rival working class teams, which was eventually won by the Amager-based club with the score 6–3. The match between the same teams in the spring season on 20 March 1927 was on the other hand won by BK Frem with the score 11–2, which became the highest scoring during the entire season.
BK Fremad Amager finished in the last place of the league in its debuting season of the Copenhagen Football Championship, which qualified the team to the promotion/relegation play-offs. The first play-off match was scheduled to take place on 16 June 1927, more than six weeks after the team's last league match on 1 May 1927. As preparation for the play-off match against the 1926–27 KBUs A-række winner, Handelsstandens BK, the club played several friendlies, which included matches against Frederiksborg IF on 18 May at Sundby Idrætspark (lost 2–3), against a selected team from Frederiksberg Boldspil-Union (FBU) on 27 May at Frederiksberg Idrætspark (lost 2–3), against a selected Amager team on 1 June (won 7–1) and against a selected team from Valby Boldspil-Union (VBU) on 10 June at Sundby Idrætspark (lost 7–5).
A total of six teams were contesting the league, including 5 sides from the 1925–26 season and one promoted from the 1925–26 KBUs A-række. Every team played two games against each other team, one at home and one away. Teams received two points for a win and one point for a draw. If two or more teams were tied on points, places were determined by goal average. The team with the most points were crowned champions. The five regular teams (Danish: ordinære deltagere); B.93, B 1903, Akademisk BK, BK Frem and Kjøbenhavns BK, could basically not be relegated, while the sixth team with the status as an extraordinary participant (Danish: ekstraordinær deltager); BK Fremad Amager had to finish on the 5th place or higher in the final table to avoid qualifying for the promotion/relegation play-off match (referred to as Kvalifikationskamp by the Copenhagen FA) against the winner of KBUs second-tier league for a spot in the next season as the league's extraordinary participant.
|Pos||Team||Pld||W||D||L||GF||GA||GR||Pts||Promotion, qualification or relegation|
|1||B.93 (C)||10||9||0||1||32||9||3.556||18||Qualification for the 1926–27 Landsfodboldturneringen final & 1927–28 Danmarksmesterskabsturneringen|
|2||B 1903||10||6||0||4||25||13||1.923||12||Qualification for the 1927–28 Danmarksmesterskabsturneringen|
|6||BK Fremad Amager (O)||10||3||0||7||23||44||0.523||6||Qualification to the Promotion/Relegation play-offs & 1927–28 Danmarksmesterskabsturneringen|
Rules for classification: 1) Points
(C) Champion; (O) Play-off winner.
|Home \ Away||ABK||B93||B03||BKF||BFA||KBK|
|BK Fremad Amager||4–2||2–8||1–3||6–3||—||1–2|
Colours: Blue = home team win; Yellow = draw; Red = away team win.
For coming matches, an a indicates there is an article about the match.
BK Frem's top scorer in the league became the centre forward Pauli Jørgensen with 10 goals following by Carl Stoltz with 8 goals. B.93's top scorer in the league was the forward Svend Petersen, scoring 8 league goals, with Michael Rohde as the club's runner-up with 6 goals in the tournament.
|—||Pauli Jørgensen||BK Frem||10|
|—||Carl Stoltz||BK Frem||8|
|Ernst Quick||BK Fremad Amager||BK Frem||6–3 (H)||29 August 1926|||
|Michael Rohde||B.93||BK Frem||3–1 (A)||24 October 1926|||
|Pauli Jørgensen||BK Frem||Akademisk BK||3–1 (A)||14 November 1926|||
|Svend Petersen5||B.93||BK Fremad Amager||8–2 (H)||21 November 1926|||
|Edvard Johansen||BK Frem||BK Fremad Amager||11–2 (H)||20 March 1927|||
|Carl Stoltz4||BK Frem||BK Fremad Amager||11–2 (H)||20 March 1927|||
- 4 Player scored 4 goals
- 5 Player scored 5 goals
The 6th-placed team of the 1926–27 KBUs Mesterskabsrække met the winners of the 1926–27 KBUs A-række for a spot in the next season of the KBUs Mesterskabsrække as the league's extraordinary participant. The rules, that had been implemented from the beginning of the 1923–24 season, were designed so that winners of the KBUs A-række had to obtain at least three points (two points for a win, 1 point for a tie and 0 points for a loss) over the course of two play-off matches in order for the team to gain promotion. The match was played on 16 June 1927 on the main football field of Københavns Idrætspark. Handelsstandens Boldklub fielded the following players in their line-up using a 2–3–5 formation: goalkeeper and captain Karl Christiansen, defenders Kai Petersen and Kaj Dihver, midfielders Viggo Kruse, Poul Jørgensen and Frederik Wieder, forwards Ole Olsen, Ejner Jørgensen, Otto Jørgensen, Henning Nielsen and Ejner Nielsen, while BK Fremad Amager published the following line-up before the match in the same 2–3–5 formation: goalkeeper Schnabelrauch, defenders Frode Marte and Otto Larsen, midfielders Valdemar Henriksen, Knud Kastrup and Knud Petersen, forwards H. Selchau, Alf Olsen, Ernst Quick, Har. Ahrensberg and Bernhard Andersen. BK Fremad Amager won the first play-off match with the score 5–3 with all the team's five goals made by Ernst Quick and both clubs therefore remained in their respective tiers for the 1927/28–season – voiding the second play-off match.
|BK Fremad Amager||5 – 3||Handelsstandens BK|
- "Denmark - København A-Raeken and National Playoffs 1889-1927". www.RSSSF.com (in Danish). Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. 18 July 2002. Archived from the original on 19 September 2016. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Bjerre, Steen Meisner. "Statistik - Tidligere kampe - År 1926/27". www.bkfrem.dk (in Danish). Boldklubben Frem. Archived from the original on 21 July 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- "Landsfodboldturneringen 1926/1927 - KBU - Stilling og resultater". www.haslund.info (in Danish). Archived from the original on 21 July 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- Ankeldal, Steen; Rasmussen, Niels (2003). På banen – med københavnsk fodbold i 100 år. Københavns Boldspil-Union. pp. 98–101 (KBU's bedste række).
- "DBUK Historie - Slutstillinger - 1926/27 - Senior". www.dbukoebenhavn.dk (in Danish). DBU København. Archived from the original on 1 March 2017. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- Jørgensen, Palle "Banks" (3 July 1999). "Sæsonen 1926/27". Boldklubben af 1893, Fodbold 1896-1999 : En fodboldkrønike fra den spæde begyndelse til Superligaen (in Danish) (1 ed.). Smørum: Boldklubben af 1893. pp. 158–159.
- Vadmand, Ole (1985). "Store år i tyverne - blandt de (næst)bedste". Fremad Amager 75 år 1910-1985 - Jubilæumsskrift for Boldklubben Fremad Amager (in Danish). København: Boldklubben Fremad Amager. pp. 14–16.
- Hansen, Mogens. "Dansk Fodbold 1927 - KBU Mesterrækken" (PDF). www.fodboldfyn.dk. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 July 2017. Retrieved 22 July 2017.
Oprykning til Mesterrækken : Fremad Amager - HB 5-3
- Ralf (17 June 1927). "„Fremad" bliver i Mesterskabsrækken : „Quick" scorede 5 Maal" (in Danish). B.T. via Mediestream (Statsbiblioteket). p. 15.
- "Sport : Notat" (in Danish). B.T. via Mediestream (Statsbiblioteket). 19 May 1927. p. 15.
I Fodboldkampen iaftes paa Banen ved Englandsvej sejrede Frederiksberg Idrætsforening over Fremad, Amager, med 3 Maal mod 2.
- "Sport : Fremad savnede Kastrup : Frederiksberg-Holdet vandt 3-2" (in Danish). B.T. via Mediestream (Statsbiblioteket). 28 May 1927. p. 15.
- "Sport : Sport i smaa Bidder" (in Danish). B.T. via Mediestream (Statsbiblioteket). 3 June 1927. p. 19.
- "Sport : Knud Kastrup spillede en god Kamp" (in Danish). B.T. via Mediestream (Statsbiblioteket). 11 June 1927. p. 19.
- "Sporten : Oprykningskampen spilles i Aften" (in Danish). København via Mediestream (Statsbiblioteket). 16 June 1927. p. 3.
Da Mesterskabsrækkens ekstraordinære Deltager i Turneringen 1926–27, Boldklubben Fremad, Amager, er placeret lavere end Nr. 5, skal der i Henhold til Turneringsreglerne spilles to Kampe mellem Fremad A og A-Rækkens Vinder, Handelsstandens Boldklub, til Afgørelse af, hvilken af disse to Klubber, der skal være Mesterskabsrækkens ekstraordinære Deltager i Turneringen 1927–28. Den første af Kampene er i Aften Kl. 7 paa Idrætsparkens Bane.
- "Sport : Holder Fremad Stillingen? - Oprykningskamp mod H. B. i Aften" (in Danish). Dagbladet (Copenhagen) via Mediestream (Statsbiblioteket). 16 June 1927. p. 18.
- Johannes Gandil (1935). "Den fjortende Landsfodboldturnering". Dansk Fodbold (in Danish) (1 ed.). Copenhagen: Sportsbladets Forlag. pp. 192–193.
- "Boldklubben af 1893 : Fodboldafdelingen : 1. holdets holdbilleder". fodbold.b93.dk (in Danish). B.93. Archived from the original on 22 July 2017. Retrieved 22 July 2017.
- Hansen, Mogens (November 2009). B1909 : Historien gennem 100 år - Frem til FC Fyn (in Danish). Odense. pp. 45–49.
- ØB Avisen - 100 års jubilæumsudgave (PDF) (in Danish) (100. årgang ed.). Copenhagen: Østerbros Boldklub. 1 September 1994. p. 25. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 July 2017. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "Sport : Oprykningskampene : Fremad mod H. B. paa Torsdag" (in Danish). B.T. via Mediestream (Statsbiblioteket). 14 June 1927. p. 15.
- "Sport : Sport i smaa Bidder" (in Danish). B.T. via Mediestream (Statsbiblioteket). 15 June 1927. p. 15.
„Fremad“s Amager Hold i Oprykningskampen imorgen Aften mod H. B. bliver fra Maalmand til venstre wing: Schnabelrauch: Frode Marte og Otto Larsen: Vald. Henriksen, K. Kastrup og Knud Petersen: H. Selchau, Alf Olsen, E. Quick, H. Ahrensberg og Bernhard Andersen.
- "„Klokken 5"s Sportsside : Quick var Dagens Mand : Fremad vandt 5-3. - Quick scorede alle Maalene for Fremad" (in Danish). Klokken 5 (Copenhagen) via Mediestream (Statsbiblioteket). 17 June 1927. p. 10.