|Danish National Football Tournament|
|Dates||29 May – 26 June 1927 (main competition)|
|Championship venue||Københavns Idrætspark, Copenhagen|
|Teams||6 (main competition)|
|Champions||B.93 (2nd title)|
|Winner of Provins-Turneringen||Skovshoved IF (1st title)|
|Goals scored||27 (5.4 per match)|
|Top goal scorer(s)||
Axel Guhle (Skovshoved IF)|
The 1926–27 Landsfodboldturneringen was the 14th edition of the Danish national football championship play-offs, a Danish FA-organised club football tournament between the championship clubs from each of the six regional football associations. In advance of the tournament, a play-off structure had been agreed, which meant that the winners of KBUs Mesterskabsrække were directly qualified for the national championship final against the winner of the Provincial tournament. The semi-finals consisted of two matches; on one side the champions of JBUs Mesterskabsrække played against the champions of FBUs Mesterskabsrække and in the other match, the champions of the LFBUs Mesterskabsrække tournament played against the winners of a preliminary round between the champions of SBUs Mesterskabsrække and BBUs Mesterskabsrække.
The Copenhagen FA representative, B.93, won their second national championship by defeating the Zealand FA representative and the winner of the Provincial championship tournament 1927 (Danish: Vinder af Provinsmesterskabet 1927), Skovshoved IF (this was their first title), in the final at Københavns Idrætspark on 26 June 1927. Both the national final in Copenhagen and the provincial final in Skovshoved, north of Copenhagen, were played in pouring rain. For the national final, that was refereed by Hugo Ohlsson from Sweden, B.93 made changes to their regular team line-up and fielded reserves for Charles Jensen (left back) and the club's two highest scoring footballers this season, Michael Rohde (forward) and Svend Petersen (forward). This was the last edition of the Landsfodboldturneringen in its end-of-the-season cup format, which was replaced by a year-long league format, known as Danmarksmesterskabsturneringen i Fodbold, the following season.
- 1 Qualified teams
- 2 Matches
- 2.1 Bracket
- 2.2 Provincial tournament, preliminary round
- 2.3 Provincial tournament, semi-finals
- 2.4 Provincial Championship Final
- 2.5 National Championship Final
- 3 Statistics
- 4 References
|Rønne BK||Bornholm FA||Winners of the 1926–27 BBUs Mesterskabsrække||3rd (Previous: 1912–13, 1913–14)|
|B 1909||Funen FA||Winners of the 1926–27 FBUs Mesterskabsrække||5th (Previous: 1912–13, 1919–20, 1920–21, 1921–22)|
|Horsens FS||Jutland FA||Winners of the 1926–27 JBUs Mesterskabsrække||2nd (Previous: 1925–26)|
|B.93||Copenhagen FA||Winners of the 1926–27 KBUs Mesterskabsrække||4th (Previous: 1913–14, 1914–15, 1915–16)|
|B 1901||Lolland-Falster FA||Winners of the 1926–27 LFBUs Mesterskabsrække||14th (All previous editions of Landsfodboldturneringen)|
|Skovshoved IF||Zealand FA||Winners of the 1926–27 SBUs A-række||3rd (Previous: 1921–22, 1925–26)|
|Provincial t. preliminary round||Provincial t. semi-finals||Provincial Championship Final||National Championship Final|
|29 May 1927|
|12 June 1927|
|19 June 1927|
|29 May 1927|
|26 June 1927|
Provincial tournament, preliminary round
The preliminary round was played between the representative club champions of Bornholm FA and Zealand FA. The Skovserne were reportedly very superior in the match against the bornholmerne — especially in the second half.
|Rønne BK||1–5||Skovshoved IF|
Provincial tournament, semi-finals
The two provincial semi-finals were played between the representative club champions of Zealand FA and Lolland-Falster FA in one match and the club champions of Funen FA and Jutland FA in the other match. The match between the league champions of FBU, B 1909, and the league champions of Horsens FS (nicknamed den gule Fare fra Horsens) ended with the score of 5–0, goals all scored in the second half, after the first half had ended in a 0–0 tie in front of a record attendance of 3,500 spectators at Munke Mose in Odense (also referred to as OB's Bane; a field owned by Odense BK) including several visiting spectators from Jutland with yellow flags and/or neckties, signaling support for the away team.
|Skovshoved IF||4–2||B 1901|
|B 1909||5–0||Horsens FS|
Provincial Championship Final
The final of the Provins-Turneringen was played between the representative club champions of Zealand FA and Funen FA in whipping rain. Skovshoved IF's team line-up was the same from their semi-final match against B 1901.
The provincial championship final at the municipal owned Skovshoved Idrætspark (also referred to as Banen ved Krøyersvej), Skovshoved was initiated by B 1909 as the attacking side and after 3 minutes of play, the away team's center forward Creutz Jensen scored the first goal. During the first half, the rain started pouring down and the playing field became wet, heavy and very greasy. While B 1909 have had the upper hand in the match so far, Skovserne were awarded a free kick after 25 minutes of play, and with a quick, direct and hard kick, the ball went in B 1909's goal net, scored by Helmuth Thomas. With two minutes remaining of the first half, Creutz Jensen scored the second goal for the Odense-team, after initial play by Carl Johansen and Aksel Petersen. Only shortly hereafter, the home team was able to get an attack, where the B 1909 goalkeeper Aage Larsen caused a foul against the attacking Skovshoved IF player, which the referee, Otto Remke (affiliated to Akademisk BK), awarded the north-Zealandian team a penalty kick due to obstructions from an Odense-defender, where Helmuth Thomas scored on with no chance for a save by the niner's goalkeeper. After the first half ended with the score of 2–2, the second half started with the Zealand Championship club scoring an easy goal after just 5 seconds. No further goals were scored in the match and the 3–2 lead ended up being the final score, securing Skovshoved IF their first Provincial Championship title. Skovshoved IF's centerhalf Helmuth Thomas was hailed as the best player on the pitch during the match.
|Skovshoved IF||3–2||B 1909|
Skovshoved IF won the Final of the Provinsmesterskabsturneringen and are crowned Provinsmestre (Champions of the province). The clubs earned the right to play in the national championship final.
National Championship Final
B.93 won the Final of the Landsfodboldturneringen and was crowned Danmarksmestre (Danish champions).
Winners of the Danish National Football Championship 1927
— regular team line-up of B.93 including reserves:
Standing: Paul Offenbach, Svend Petersen, William Gram, Georg Hansen, Anthon Olsen, Michael Rohde, Magnus Simonsen, Helge Scharff.
Sitting: Poul Zølck, Fritz Tarp, Svend Jensen, Charles Jensen, Poul Jensen, Leo Hansen. Missing footballer: Knud Andersen.
Winners of the Danish Provincial Football Championship 1927
— regular team line-up of Skovshoved IF:
Standing: Ernst Hansen, Alex Guhle, Bernhard Møller, Ernst Sørensen, Sigurd Møller.
Kneeling (middle): Johan Johansen, Helmuth Thomas, Willy Petersen.
Sitting (front): Arthur Kuhlmann, Einar Jensen, Rasmus Christensen. Removed from the original un-edited photograf: Poul Hansen (reserve).
|1||Axel Guhle||Skovshoved IF||5|
- "Landsfodboldturneringen 1926/27, den fjortende landsfodboldturnering, Resultater". www.danskfodbold.com (in Danish). Danskfodbold.com. Archived from the original on 21 July 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- "Denmark - København A-Raeken and National Playoffs 1889-1927". www.rsssf.com (in Danish). Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation (RSSSF). Archived from the original on 21 July 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
1926/27 : Danish Final : B 93 5-1 Skovshoved IF
- Olsen, Børge Werther (1959). "Skovshoved Idrætsforening - 50 års jubilæumshæfte - 1909 9. juni 1959" (in Danish). Skovshoved IF. pp. 6–7; 15–16. Archived from the original on 22 July 2017.
- Johannes Gandil (1935). "Den fjortende Landsfodboldturnering". Dansk Fodbold (in Danish) (1 ed.). Copenhagen: Sportsbladets Forlag. pp. 191–193; 456; 562–563, 623.
- Jensen, Creutz (1946). Blom, Torben; Hansen, Magnus; Andersen, Arne; Madsen, P. Chr., eds. Fynsk Fodbold gennem Tiderne i Tekst og Billeder (Bind 1 og 2) (in Danish). Odense: Sportsforlaget "Fyn". pp. 67 (B. 1909 team photo for det fynske Mesterskab 1926–27); pages 72–73 (Fynsmesterskabet og Landsfodboldturneringen; season 1926/27); 105 (Det fynske Mesterskab i Fodbold); 242–245 (Boldklubben af 1909).
- Jørgensen, Palle "Banks" (3 July 1999). "Sæsonen 1926/27". Boldklubben af 1893, Fodbold 1896-1999 : En fodboldkrønike fra den spæde begyndelse til Superligaen (in Danish) (1 ed.). Smørum: Boldklubben af 1893. pp. 158–159.
- Redaktør Vald. Hermansen (Politikens Hus, Raadhuspladsen) (25 May 1927). "Sport : Skovserne skal til Bornholm" (in Danish) (Nr. 20, 1927). Villabyernes Blad. pp. 6 (pp. 157–164 of the PDF–file). Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- Nielsen, Johs.; Falck, Lydia; Møller, Chr. "De sidste 25 Aar (pp. 19-35)". Rønne Boldklub : 1897-1947 (in Danish). Rønne: Bornholms Tidendes Bogtrykkeri. pp. 25–26.
- "Landsfodboldturneringen 1926/1927 Provincen - Resultater". www.haslund.info (in Danish). Archived from the original on 21 July 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- Hansen, Mogens. "Dansk Fodbold 1927 : Landsfodboldturneringen 1926-27, Provinsmesterskab, Provinsfinalen og DM-finalen" (PDF). www.fodboldfyn.dk (in Danish). Odense. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 July 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- "Fyens Stiftstidendes Sports-Side : Odense sejrede i Landsfodboldturneringen" (in Danish). Fyens Stiftstidende via Mediestream (Statsbiblioteket). 30 May 1927. p. 9.
- Knudsen, Gunner Lindbæk. "Billedfrisen af Den gule Fare har sin egen historie : Johs. B. Torbensen forevigede holdet, som skabte navnet Den gule Fare". horsensidraetsarkiv.dk (in Danish). Horsens: Horsens Idrætsarkiv. Archived from the original on 16 January 2018. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- Redaktør Vald. Hermansen (Politikens Hus, Raadhuspladsen) (16 June 1927). "Sport : Skovshoved-Fodboldspillerne paa Vejen til Danmarksmesterskabet. Falstringerne tabte med 2—4 : Odenseanerne kommer til Skovshoved paa Søndag : Fodbold (newspaper advertisement)" (in Danish) (Nr. 23, 1927). Villabyernes Blad. pp. 2, 5 (pp. 179–184 of the PDF–file). Retrieved 25 December 2017.
Fodbold. Slutkamp om Provinsmesterskabet Søndag den 19. ds. Kl. 1½ i Skovshoved Idrætspark. „B 1909“, Odense kontra „Skovshoved Idrætsforening“. Entré: Voksne 1 Kr. og Børn 50 Øre.
- Hansen, Mogens (November 2009). B1909 : Historien gennem 100 år - Frem til FC Fyn (in Danish). Odense. pp. 45–49.
- Rasmussen, Albert; Eeg, Hugo; Høj, Paul (1990). "Fodboldafdelingen (72-87)". Sporten i Horsens : 1882-1990 - udgivet i forbindelse med HfS' 75 års jubilæum i 1990 (in Danish). Horsens: Horsens Forenede Sportsklubber/HFS' Venner. p. 73.
- "Landsfordboldturneringen : Odense Boldklubs Bane Søndag Kl. 1½: Jylland (Horsens) — Fyen (B. 1909). Entre Kr. 1,50, Børn 75 Øre. Reserveret Plads 50 Øre ekstra. Fyens Boldspil Union" (advertisement) (in Danish). Fyens Stiftstidende via Mediestream (Statsbiblioteket). 27 May 1927. p. 13.
- Redaktør Vald. Hermansen (Politikens Hus, Raadhuspladsen) (23 June 1927). "Sport : Skovserne blev Provinsens Fodboldmestre : Efter Sejren over Fynboerne skal Skovshoved paa Søndag spille Slutkampen om Danmarksmesterskabet mod B. 93. : Finalekampen om Danmarksmesterskabet paa Søndag" (in Danish) (Nr. 24, 1927). Villabyernes Blad. pp. 2 (pp. 185–190 of the PDF–file). Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "SIF Bladet Jubilæumsudgave - Skovshoved Idrætsforening - 25 års jubilæumshæfte - 1909 9. juni 1934" (in Danish). Skovshoved IF. 1934. pp. 5–6. Archived from the original on 22 July 2017.
- "Landsfodboldturneringen 1926/1927 Finale - Kampfacts". www.haslund.info (in Danish). Archived from the original on 21 July 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- "Boldklubben af 1893 : Fodboldafdelingen : 1. holdets holdbilleder". fodbold.b93.dk (in Danish). B.93. Archived from the original on 22 July 2017. Retrieved 22 July 2017.