1975 in Australian literature
This article presents a list of the historical events and publications of Australian literature during 1975.
For an overview of world literature see 1975 in literature.
- 1 Events
- 2 Major publications
- 3 Awards and honours
- 4 Births
- 5 Deaths
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- James Aldridge – The Untouchable Juli
- Jessica Anderson – The Commandant
- Jon Cleary – The Safe House
- Frank Hardy – But the Dead Are Many
- Xavier Herbert – Poor Fellow My Country
- Thomas Keneally
- David Malouf – Johnno
- Murray Bail
- Contemporary Portraits and Other Stories
- "The Drover's Wife"
- Peter Carey – "Do You Love Me?"
Science Fiction and Fantasy
- A. Bertram Chandler – The Broken Cycle
- Sumner Locke Elliott – Going
- Lee Harding – A World of Shadows
- Cordwainer Smith
- The Best of Cordwainer Smith
Children's and Young Adult fiction
- Elyne Mitchell – The Colt at Taparoo
- Gwen Harwood – Selected Poems
- Dorothy Hewett – Rapunzel in Suburbia
- A. D. Hope – A Late Picking : Poems 1965-1974
- Kate Jennings – Mother I'm Rooted : An Anthology of Australian Women Poets (edited)
- Les Murray – "The Powerline Incarnation"
- Peter Porter
- "An Exequy"
- Living in a Calm Country
- Thomas Shapcott – Shabbytown Calendar
- Charles Perkins – A Bastard Like Me
- Geoffrey Blainey – Triumph of the Nomads : A History of Ancient Australia
- Anne Summers – Damned Whores and God's Police
Awards and honours
|Patrick White Award||David Campbell|
|ALS Gold Medal||No award|
|Colin Roderick Award||Denis Murphy||T.J. Ryan||University of Queensland Press|
|Miles Franklin Award||Xavier Herbert||Poor Fellow My Country||Fontana Books|
Children and Young Adult
|Children's Book of the Year Award||Older Readers||No award|
|Picture Book||A. B. Paterson, illustrated by Quentin Hole||The Man from Ironbark||Collins|
|Grace Leven Prize for Poetry||Gwen Harwood||Selected Poems||Angus and Robertson|
A list, ordered by date of birth (and, if the date is either unspecified or repeated, ordered alphabetically by surname) of births in 1975 of Australian literary figures, authors of written works or literature-related individuals follows, including year of death.
- Markus Zusak, novelist
A list, ordered by date of death (and, if the date is either unspecified or repeated, ordered alphabetically by surname) of deaths in 1975 of Australian literary figures, authors of written works or literature-related individuals follows, including year of birth.
- Winifred Birkett, novelist (born 1897)
- 1975 in literature
- 1975 in poetry
- List of years in literature
- List of years in Australian literature