2007 Baltimore Orioles season
|2007 Baltimore Orioles|
|Major League affiliations|
|General manager(s)||Mike Flanagan, Andy MacPhail|
Sam Perlozzo (until 06/18)|
WJZ-TV (CBS 13)
|< Previous season Next season >|
The Baltimore Orioles' 2007 season involved the Orioles finishing with a record of 69 wins and 93 losses and fourth place in the AL East. On June 18, 2007 manager Sam Perlozzo was fired and replaced with bullpen coach Dave Trembley as interim manager. Trembley was named full-time manager on August 22, 2007. On this same day, the Orioles suffered a 30 to 3 loss to the Texas Rangers, the most lopsided loss in franchise history. Perlozzo's record was 29 wins and 40 losses and Trembley's was 40 wins and 53 losses.
- 1 Offseason
- 2 Regular season
- 3 Player stats
- 4 2007 roster
- 5 Farm system
- 6 References
- November 12, 2006: Jaret Wright was traded by the New York Yankees with cash to the Baltimore Orioles for Chris Britton.
- February 2, 2007: Paul Shuey was signed as a free agent with the Baltimore Orioles.
|Wikinews has related news: MLB: Rangers score 30 runs against Orioles in first game of doubleheader|
|Boston Red Sox||96||66||0.593||—||51–30||45–36|
|New York Yankees||94||68||0.580||2||52–29||42–39|
|Toronto Blue Jays||83||79||0.512||13||49–32||34–47|
|Tampa Bay Devil Rays||66||96||0.407||30||37–44||29–52|
Record vs. opponents
2007 American League Records
Sources:              
- June 30, 2007: Gustavo Molina was acquired of waivers from the Chicago White Sox.
- August 9, 2007: Minor league player Sebastien Bouchier was acquired from the Seattle Mariners in exchange for John Parrish.
- August 9, 2007: Chris Gomez was acquired off waivers from the Baltimore Orioles by the Cleveland Indians.
- August 31, 2007: Steve Trachsel was acquired from the Chicago Cubs in exchange for Scott Moore and Rocky Cherry.
- September 5, 2007: Paul Shuey was released by the Baltimore Orioles.
- September 7, 2007: Víctor Santos was acquired from the Cincinnati Reds in exchange for cash.
- September 9, 2007: Víctor Zambrano was acquired from the Pittsburgh Pirates in exchange for cash.
Worst loss ever
On August 22, 2007, the Orioles lost 30-3. This is significant because it was the worst loss in MLB history since 1897.
|2007 game log|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = Position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
Note: G = Games pitched; IP = Inning pitched; SV = Saves; W = Wins; L = Losses; ERA = Earned run average; SO = Strikeouts
|2007 Baltimore Orioles|
LEAGUE CHAMPIONS: Frederick
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2007 Baltimore Orioles season.|
- Game Logs:
- Jaret Wright Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com
- Paul Shuey Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com
- Baseball America 2007 Directory and MilB.com