24th AVN Awards
|24th AVN Awards|
|Date||January 13, 2007|
|Site||Mandalay Bay Events Center at Paradise, Nevada, U.S.A.|
|Produced by||Gary Miller|
|Directed by||Gary Miller|
|Best Picture||Manhunters (Best Film)|
|Most nominations||Manhunters (24)|
|Duration||2 hours, 10 minutes|
The 24th AVN Awards ceremony, presented by Adult Video News (AVN), honored the best pornographic films of 2006 and took place January 13, 2007 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Paradise, Nevada. During the ceremony, Adult Video News presented AVN Awards (commonly referred to as the Oscars of porn)) in 119 categories released during the eligibility period, Oct. 1, 2005 to Sept. 30, 2006. The ceremony, televised in the United States by Playboy TV, was produced and directed by Gary Miller. Adult film star Jessica Drake hosted for the first time, with comedian Jim Norton, who also co-hosted in 2004.
Manhunters won seven awards, including Best Film and Best Director for Brad Armstrong, as did Corruption, which won Best Video Feature and Best Director—Video for Eli Cross. Other winners included Fuck and Sacred Sin each with five and Fashionistas Safado: The Challenge with three.
- 1 Winners and nominees
- 2 Presenters and performers
- 3 Ceremony information
- 4 In Memoriam
- 5 See also
- 6 Notes
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Winners and nominees
The winners were announced during the awards ceremony on January 13, 2007. The coveted Female Performer of the Year and Best New Starlet awards went to Hillary Scott and Naomi respectively while Tommy Gunn won Male Performer of the Year.
|Best Video Feature||Best Film|
|Female Performer of the Year||Male Performer of the Year|
|Best New Starlet||Best Tease Performance|
|Best Actress – Video||Best Actor – Video|
|Best Actress – Film||Best Actor – Film|
|Best Supporting Actress – Video||Best Director – Video|
|Best All-Sex Release||Best Gonzo Release|
|Best Ethnic-Themed Series – Latin||Best All-Girl Sex Scene – Video|
|Best Sex Scene Coupling – Video||Best Sex Scene Coupling – Film|
|Best Anal Sex Scene – Video||Best Oral Sex Scene – Video|
Additional Award Winners
These awards were announced in a pre-recorded winners-only segment during the event but were not part of the televised awards show. Trophies were mailed to the recipients later:
SEX SCENE AWARDS
Honorary AVN Awards
Reuben Sturman Award
- None given this year
Hall of Fame
AVN Hall of Fame inductees for 2007 were: Rebecca Bardoux, Dave Cummings, Taylor Hayes, Rick Masters, John Seeman, Domonique Simone, Selena Steele, Sydnee Steele, Nici Sterling, Tabitha Stevens, Kyle Stone, Vince Vouyer
- Founders Branch: Charlie Brickman, Cinderella Distribution; Phil Harvey, Adam & Eve; Arthur Morowitz and Howard Farber, Video-X-Pix; Sidney Niekirk, Cal Vista
Multiple nominations and awards
The following releases received the most nominations.
|The following 14 releases received multiple awards:
Presenters and performers
The following individuals presented awards or performed musical or comedy numbers.
Presenters (in order of appearance)
|Presenters of the awards for Best Supporting Actress in a Video Feature and Best Oral Sex Scene|
|Golden Tongue Award presented to Gene Simmons by the 2007 AVN Awards|
|Presenters of the awards for Best Tease Performance and Best All-Girl Sex Scene in a Video|
|Presenters of the awards for Best Couples Sex Scene in a Film and Male Performer of the Year|
|Presenters of the award for Best Actress in a Film|
|Presenters of the awards for Best Ethnic-Themed Series – Latin and Best Couples Sex Scene in a Video|
|Presenters of the awards for Best Actor in a Film and Best Anal Sex Scene in a Video|
|Jim Norton||Introduction of the trophy girls, Paulina James and Casey Parker|
|Presenters of the awards for Best Actor in a Video Feature and Best New Starlet|
|Presenters of the awards for Best Actress in a Video and Best All-Sex Release|
|Presenters of the awards for Best Director of a Video Feature and Best Gonzo Release|
|Presenters of the awards for Female Performer of the Year and Best Film|
|Paul Fishbein||Presenter of the awards for Best Renting and Best Selling Titles of the Year|
J. D. Harmeyer
|Presenters of the award for Best Video Feature|
and the AVN Awards Orchestra
|Olympic Gardens DreamGirls||Performers||Opening dance number|
|Jim Norton||Performer||Comedy segment|
|Performers||"Anthony Hardwood's Pornstar Bootcamp" comedy clip|
|Fashionistas||Performers||"The Fashionistas" dance musical|
|Performers||"Pornstar Cologne" comedy clip|
|Buckcherry||Performers||Musical number, “Crazy Bitch”|
|Performers||"Dick Magnet" comedy clip|
J. R. Langdon
|Performers||"Myra" comedy clip|
|Performers||"Kurt Lockwood Porn Fantasy Rock & Roll Camp" comedy clip|
A new venue, the 12,000-seat Mandalay Bay Events Center, was not the only change made at the 2007 AVN Awards show. For the first time, porn fans could purchase tickets to attend the show; previously only industry insiders were permitted to attend.
While the Best DVD award was discontinued, several new awards debuted: Director of the Year (Body of Work), Contract Star of the Year, Underrated Starlet of the Year (Unrecognized Excellence), Best Animated Release, Best Hard-Edged All-Sex Release, Best Interracial Series, Best POV Series and Best POV Sex Scene. Additionally, the Best Specialty Series was split among five categories—Big Bust, MILF, Squirting and Other, along with Best Transsexual Series; Best Ethnic-Themed Series was split into three—Asian, Black and Latin; and Best Online Marketing Campaign was split into Company and Individual Project categories.
Several other people participated in the production of the ceremony. Mark Stone served as musical director for the ceremony and also produced the comedy clips, mostly spoofing TV infomercials and starring Ron Jeremy, Anthony Hardwood, Kurt Lockwood, Lexington Steele and several others. Members of John Stagliano's Fashionistas gave a special performance of the Fashionistas Las Vegas revue.
Wicked Pictures created and distributed a DVD of the year's show.
Performance of year's movies
- AVN Award
- AVN Best New Starlet Award
- AVN Female Performer of the Year Award
- List of members of the AVN Hall of Fame
- 2007 GayVN Awards
- Miller, Gary (Director) (December 27, 2007). 2007 AVN Awards Show (DVD). Canoga Park, California, U.S.A.: Wicked Pictures.
- Rutter, Jared (March 2007). "Big Bang at Mandalay Bay". Adult Video News. Chatsworth, California, U.S.A.: AVN Media Network. p. 60. ISSN 0883-7090.
- "The Oscars of Porn". The Sydney Morning Herald. January 9, 2006. Retrieved July 25, 2007.
- Hopkins, Brent (June 3, 2007). "Porn: The Valley's Secret Industry". Los Angeles Daily News. Archived from the original on June 6, 2007. Retrieved July 25, 2007.
...earned seven Adult Video News awards, referred to as the Oscars of porn.
- Schmader, David (March 9, 2000). "Porn's Big Night". The Stranger. Retrieved July 25, 2007.
...the most prestigious event in the world of adult film: the Adult Video News Awards, hereby known as the Avis, popularly known as the porno Oscars.
- English, James F. (June 30, 2009). The Economy of Prestige: Prizes, Awards, and the Circulation of Cultural Value. Harvard University Press. p. 96. ISBN 978-0-674-03653-6. Retrieved January 18, 2014.
- Unidad Editorial Internet, S.L. "Rebeca Linares, una 'pornstar' en Las Vegas". elmundo.es.
- Rutter, Jared (November 22, 2006). "2007 AVN Awards Nominations Announced". Archive.org Wayback Machine. Archive.org. Archived from the original on November 23, 2006. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- "AVN Awards 2007 Nominees". Archive.org Wayback Machine. 2006. Archived from the original on December 20, 2006. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- "AVN Awards Nominees". Archive.org Wayback Machine. Archive.org. January 1, 2007. Archived from the original on January 1, 2007. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- AVN (January 16, 2007). "2007 AVN Award Winners Announced". Archive.org Wayback Machine. Archive.org. Archived from the original on August 7, 2007. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- Andersson, Acme (August 2007). "Hillary Scott: 2007's AVN performer of the year". Cheri. New York: Cheri Magazine Inc. p. 152. ISSN 1059-7131.
- "Winners and Sinners". Cheri. New York, N.Y.: Cheri Magazine Inc. August 2007. p. 142. ISSN 1059-7131.
- X, Nelson (March 2007). "Pirates Takes Best-Selling, best-Renting Awards". Adult Video News. Chatsworth, California, U.S.A.: AVN Media Network. p. 122. ISSN 0883-7090.
- "Fear of Clothing in Las Vegas - The 2007 AVN Awards Recap". High Society. August 2007. p. 128.
- Hoffman, Jens (Director) (2008). 9 to 5: Days in Porn (Uncut extended version) (DVD). Germany: Mongrel Media.
- "AVN Awards 2007 - Flashback". AVN.com. Adult Video News. 2013. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AVN Awards.|