|PDB structures||RCSB PDB PDBe PDBsum|
- (25R)-3alpha,7alpha,12alpha-trihydroxy-5beta-cholestan-26-oyl-CoA + H2O + acceptor (24R,25R)-3alpha,7alpha,12alpha,24-tetrahydroxy-5beta-cholestan-26- oyl-CoA + reduced acceptor
The 3 substrates of this enzyme are (25R)-3alpha,7alpha,12alpha-trihydroxy-5beta-cholestan-26-oyl-CoA, H2O, and acceptor, whereas its two products are (24R,25R)-3alpha,7alpha,12alpha,24-tetrahydroxy-5beta-cholestan-26-oyl-CoA, and reduced acceptor.
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on CH or CH2 groups with other acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (25R)-3alpha,7alpha,12alpha-trihydroxy-5beta-cholestan-26-oyl-CoA:ac ceptor 24-oxidoreductase (24R-hydroxylating). Other names in common use include trihydroxycoprostanoyl-CoA oxidase, THC-CoA oxidase, THCA-CoA oxidase, 3alpha,7alpha,12alpha-trihydroxy-5beta-cholestanoyl-CoA oxidase, 3alpha,7alpha,12alpha-trihydroxy-5beta-cholestan-26-oate 24-hydroxylase. This enzyme participates in the ppar signaling pathway.
- Gustafsson J (1975). "Biosynthesis of cholic acid in rat liver. 24-Hydroxylation of 3alpha, 7alpha, 12alpha-trihydroxy-5beta-cholestanoic acid". J. Biol. Chem. 250 (20): 8243–7. PMID 240854.
- Schepers L, Van Veldhoven PP, Casteels M, Eyssen HJ, Mannaerts GP (1990). "Presence of three acyl-CoA oxidases in rat liver peroxisomes. An inducible fatty acyl-CoA oxidase, a noninducible fatty acyl-CoA oxidase, and a noninducible trihydroxycoprostanoyl-CoA oxidase". J. Biol. Chem. 265 (9): 5242–6. PMID 2156865.
- Goethals M, Vandekerckhove J, Van Veldhoven PP, Mannaerts GP (1996). "Further characterization of the peroxisomal 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenases from rat liver. Relationship between the different dehydrogenases and evidence that fatty acids and the C27 bile acids di- and tri-hydroxycoprostanic acids are metabolized by separate multifunctional proteins". Eur. J. Biochem. 240 (3): 660–6. doi:10.1111/j.1432-1033.1996.0660h.x. PMID 8856068.
- Pedersen JI, Eggertsen G, Hellman U, Andersson U, Bjorkhem I (1997). "Molecular cloning and expression of cDNA encoding 3alpha,7alpha,12alpha-trihydroxy-5beta-chole stanoyl-CoA oxidase from rabbit liver". J. Biol. Chem. 272 (29): 18481–9. doi:10.1074/jbc.272.29.18481. PMID 9218493.
- Russell DW (2003). "The enzymes, regulation, and genetics of bile acid synthesis". Annu. Rev. Biochem. 72: 137–74. doi:10.1146/annurev.biochem.72.121801.161712. PMID 12543708.