This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Abimbola Abass Jimi-Adebakin (born 1971) is a Nigerian business executive. She is the CEO of Advantage Health Africa , , following her tenure as the Chief Operating Officer of the Tony Elumelu Foundation supporting its $100m Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme. A strong advocate for African development and empowerment through entrepreneurship , she has spoken on the subject at various fora across Africa.
Early life and education
Born in 1971, she had her early education in Nigeria. She has a degree in Pharmacy and a Masters in Business Administration from the University of Lagos and is currently pursuing her executive Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) from Cranfield University, UK.
A Certified Performance Technologist (CPT) of the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI), USA, she is also an accredited Master Trainer for the Global Forum/IFC Board Training programme for Board Directors and a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) of Nigeria.
She is responsible driving collaboration and capacity development initiatives in the health sector via Advantage Health Africa. Abimbola was responsible for setting up the African Agribusiness Incubation Fund, a fund promoted by the African Agribusiness Incubation Network (AAIN) www.africaain.org. Prior to this, she was the Chief Operating Officer of the Tony Elumelu Foundation, where she demonstrated her organisational design expertise and programme management skills to help drive the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme successfully. Abimbola grew her consulting expertise, leading the consulting arm of the Financial Institutions Training Centre (FITC) and previously at Accenture. She has worked on various projects across public, private and not-for-profit institutions including Financial, Healthcare, Power distribution, Regulatory and Governance Services.
As an entrepreneur, she had run and sold her own pharmaceutical start-up Caraale Pharmacy.
Tony Elumelu Foundation
Abimbola Adebakin was the Chief Operating Officer (2015 - 2016) of the Tony Elumelu Foundation where she led the operations of the Foundation’s programmes. She played a critical role in the implementation of the Foundation’s flagship project, the Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme.
She is married with a son, and lives in Lagos. She enjoys walking , small team events and fine dining.
- "Lagos could shape up to be Africa's Silicon Valley - Spear's Magazine". Spearswms.com. 2015-11-03. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "African entrepreneurs boosted by billionaire investor - CNN.com". Edition.cnn.com. 2015-01-23. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- Nwamu, Aniebo (2016-03-23). "1,000 New Africans Join $100m Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme | Nigerian News from Leadership News". Leadership.ng. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 15, 2016. Retrieved April 8, 2016.
- "Tony Elumelu Foundation Seeks Fresh 1,000 African Entrepreneurs in 2016 - Premium Times Nigeria". Premiumtimesng.com. 2016-01-02. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "25 Tony Elumelu entrepreneurs meet with Gov. El-Rufai". Theeagleonline.com.ng. 2015-08-25. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Tony Elumelu Foundation Tasks Youth On Entrepreneurship Initiatives Investment". News Of Nigeria. 2015-11-13. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Elumelu Foundations Urges Nigerian Youths to Embrace Entrepreneurship — Youths Digest". Youthsdigest.com. 2015-11-12. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- Oreoluwa Peters. "Senator Oluremi Tinubu, Aishah Ahmed, Abimbola Adebakin others speak at SME100 Women's conference (PHOTOS)". YNaija.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Elumelu Foundation charges Nigerian youths on entrepreneurship". Smes.com.ng. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Remi Tinubu, Toke Makinwa, Mo'cheddah & More Attend SME100 Women Conference". OnoBello.com. 2015-12-22. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Abimbola Adebakin". Som.cranfield.ac.uk. 2015-11-25. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "CPT Certification". Ispi.org. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Report of Proceedings : Stakeholders Retreat on Designing a National Strategy on Financial Literacy" (PDF). Din.org.ng. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Caraale Pharmacy Ltd at Ebute-Metta, Lagos". ConnectNigeria.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.