Alvin and the Chipmunks (2015 TV series)
|Alvin and the Chipmunks|
|Created by||Janice Karman|
Alvin and the Chipmunks|
by Ross Bagdasarian, Sr.
Kathryn Walton Ward
|Directed by||Janice Karman|
|Voices of||See below|
|Theme music composer||
|Opening theme||"We're The Chipmunks"|
|Ending theme||"We're The Chipmunks"|
|Country of origin||
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||64 (list of episodes)|
Ross Bagdasarian, Jr.|
Vanessa Bagdasarian (associate)|
|Running time||11 minutes|
OuiDo! Productions (Season 1)
Technicolor Animation Productions (Season 2–present)
|Original network||Spacetoon (Arab world)|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|First shown in||March 30, 2015|
|Original release||March 30, 2015– present|
|Preceded by||Alvin and the Chipmunks (1983–1990)|
|Related shows||The Alvin Show (1961–1962)|
Alvin and the Chipmunks (stylized as ALVINNN!!! and the Chipmunks) is an American/French CGI-animated television series which is on Sky Kids, Nicktoons, POP and BBC Alba featuring Alvin and the Chipmunks and The Chipettes that was first announced in 2010. After a 25-year hiatus, the premiere of this series marks their first television appearance together since 1990. A promotional trailer for the series was posted on YouTube.
On October 10, 2016, it was announced that the series has been renewed for a third and fourth season.
As with most previous adaptations of Alvin and the Chipmunks, the series follows Dave Seville, a bachelor who is raising three Chipmunks as his children, as well as their female counterparts The Chipettes. He can lose his patience sometimes, causing him to scream "ALVINNN!!!", his catchphrase to Alvin. There is a song in every episode. The series takes place in modern times and discusses modern topics such as Dave's technology issues and school bullying. Others are parents embarrassing kids and parents needing dates.
- Ross Bagdasarian, Jr. as Alvin, Simon and Dave Seville
- Janice Karman as Theodore, Brittany, Jeanette, Kevin (Nerdy Kid), Miss Bernese Smith, Miss Croner, Miss Miller and additional voices
- Vanessa Bagdasarian as Eleanor, Lucy, Kate and additional voices
- Michael Bagdasarian as Principal's Husband and additional voices
- Jean Ellie as Biggie Large
- Brian Chambers as Derek Smalls, Officer Dangus and additional voices
- Edwina Jones as the Principal
- Elizabeth Gomez as Julie
The series, originally titled The Chipmunks and Chipettes, has 104 11-minute episodes and is produced in high-definition CGI animation, with The Chipmunks and The Chipettes' new looks resembling the iMunk looks. The show serves as an update of the 1980s series utilizing the same theme song, voice actors Ross Bagdasarian, Jr. and Janice Karman, and format with each episode having a song.
The series producers are Ross Bagdasarian, Jr., Janice Karman, Sandrine Nguyen, and Boris Hertzog from the American production company Bagdasarian Productions and French Companies OuiDo! Productions and Moonscoop. OuiDo! Productions and Moonscoop handles the animation and storyboards, with Bagdasarian Productions in charge of voices and music. PGS Entertainment acquired the rights for media outside the United States and France in August 2013 and licensing and merchandising rights in May 2014. On February 24, 2014, Nickelodeon acquired all 104 episodes for all territories except Brazil. The series was put on sale at the October 2013 Mipcom and was one of the most-viewed shows there.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||March 30, 2015||November 13, 2016|
|2||26||March 9, 2016||June 3, 2017|
|3||26||June 10, 2017||TBA|
The series made its English-language debut on Nicktoons in the United Kingdom and Ireland on March 5, 2016 and on Nick in the US on August 3. and Nicktoons in Africa premiered the show on May 4. The Southeast Asian feed of Nickelodeon debuted the show on May 8 in Singapore and the Philippines and on May 15 in Malaysia. In English-speaking Canada, it premiered on Teletoon on September 9 and was moved to Family Channel on May 6, 2017. In Arabia, it is currently on Nicktoons and Spacetoon. It is now airing on Pop in the UK on February 1, 2016. In Indonesia, it is currently airing on MNCTV. In June 2018, it was announced that Alvinnnn!!! and the Chipmunks will stream on Hulu.
Home video release
Season 1 Vol. 1 was released on DVD on December 4, 2015. Season 1 Vol. 2 was released on January 26, 2016. Alvin's Wild Adventures was released on DVD and Blu-ray on November 10, 2015 by Bagdasarian Productions. It contains the episodes "Principal Interest", "Talking Teddy", "Mystic Mountain", "A is for Alien", "Clowning Around", "Driving Dave Crazy", and "What a Gem". Alvin vs. Brittany was released on DVD and Blu-Ray on March 1, 2016 by Bagdasarian Productions. It contains the episodes "Sister Act", "Albrittina", "My Sister the Weirdo", "Mister Manners", "Reality or Not", "Turf War", and "Don Juan Theodoro".
On September 25, 2015, an album based on the television series was released on iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, and CD entitled We're the Chipmunks (Music from the TV Show). On September 22, 2017, a second album based on the series was released on iTunes and Spotify entitled Nuts 2 U.
- White, Peter (October 5, 2012). "Lagardere's Genao revamping Alvin and The Chipmunks". TBI Vision. Retrieved December 22, 2012.
- Cawley, John; Korkis, Jim (1990). Encyclopedia of Cartoon Superstars. Pioneer Books. Retrieved 2015-08-04.
Bagdasarian and Karman also wrote new songs for the show, including the theme song, 'We're the Chipmunks.'
- Keslassy, Elsa (October 5, 2012). "Genao to revives 'Chipmunks,' 'Xiaolin'". Variety. Retrieved December 22, 2012.
- Guider, Elizabeth (October 5, 2013). "'Alvin and the Chipmunks': PGS Entertainment Takes Global Rights to New TV Series". HollywoodReporter. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- SimonTheSmartOne1 (March 27, 2010). "New Alvin and the Chipmunks Cartoon Series 2010 !!!". YouTube. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Broadcasters Commision Seasons 3 & 4 of 'Alvinnn!!!'". animationmagazine.net.
- "Show of the Week: Alvin and the Chipmunks". TBI Vision. November 15, 2013. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- Keslassly, Elsa (February 24, 2014). "Nickelodeon Acquires 'Alvinnn!!! and The Chipmunks'". Variety. Retrieved March 28, 2014.
- Amidi, Amid (August 20, 2013). "New CG "Alvin and the Chipmunks" TV Series Set for 2015". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "PGS ENTERTAINMENT SECURES WORLDWIDE MEDIA RIGHTS FOR NEW ALVINNN!!! AND THE CHIPMUNKS TV SERIES FROM BAGDASARIAN PRODUCTIONS AND GENAO PRODUCTIONS". Virtual Press Office. August 20, 2013. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Video Interview: Alvin and the Chipmunks' Ross Bagdasarian & Janice Karman". World Screen. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Alvin!!! and the Chipmunks". C21 Media. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- Han, Angie (August 22, 2013). "'Alvin and the Chipmunks' to Invade Your TV in 2015". Slash Film. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- Keslassy, Elsa (October 7, 2013). "Lagardere Entertainment Quits Animation". Variety. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "BAGDASARIAN PRODUCTIONS PARTNERS WITH PGS FOR INTERNATIONAL LICENSING AND MERCHANDISING ROLL-OUT FOR THE UPCOMING ALVINNN!!! AND THE CHIPMUNKS™ SERIES". Virtual Press Office. May 14, 2014. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- Zahed, Ramin (October 7, 2013). "PGS' 'LadyBug' and 'Alvin' Most Popular Toons at MIP Junior". Animation Magazine. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- P, Charles (April 29, 2015). "Foxtel in May: 200+ new shows including Wayward Pines, Open Slather, Nashville and River Cottage Australia". The Green Room. Foxtel. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Alvinnn!!! and the Chipmunks: We're the Chipmunks". Foxtel Insider. Foxtel. May 5, 2015. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- Nickelodeon Africa (April 28, 2015). "We have a modern version of a classic show coming to Nick Toons next week Monday guys. Alvinnn!!! and the chipmunks". Facebook. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- Nickelodeon Asia (April 30, 2015). "Alvinnn!!! and the Chipmunks". Facebook. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Alvinnn!!! and the Chipmunks". Teletoon. Archived from the original on August 31, 2015. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- , 2016-01-02 Missing or empty
- Jan 21 (2016-01-21). "POP on Twitter: "Next month is FUR-bruary and we have a brand new show coming to POP! đ&#x;'Ľ #AlvinAndTheChipmunks https://t.co/Hwr1GjJHXy"". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2016-12-08. External link in
- * (Actor, Director). "Alvin And the Chipmuncks Season 1 Alvinnnn!!!: *: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- "Alvin & The Chipmunks: Season 1 - Vol 2: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- Various (Actor, Director). "Alvin & The Chipmunks: Alvin's Wild Adventures: Various: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- We're the Chimpunks (Music From the TV Show) on iTunes. Accessed October 7, 2015.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks to Release New Soundtrack to Their Hit TV Series - Press Release - Digital Journal Accessed October 7, 2015.
- Alvin and The Chipmunks (2015-10-16), We're The Chipmunks, Rhino Records, retrieved 2016-02-16
- "Alvin And The Chipmunks: We're The Chipmunks (Music From The TV Show) - Music on Google Play". play.google.com. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
This article incorporates material derived from the "ALVINNN!!!_and_The_Chipmunks" article on the Alvin wiki at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License (July 2015).
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Alvin and the Chipmunks (2015 TV series)|