B, la película
|B, la película|
|Directed by||David Ilundain|
|Written by||Jordi Casanovas, David Ilundain|
Pedro Casablanc |
B, la película (English: "B, the film") is a 2015 Spanish legal drama directed by David Ilundain. Its main characters are interpreted by Pedro Casablanc and Manolo Solo. It is a "judiciary drama" based on actual events, even though its screenplay is so faithful to reality, that it could be considered more as a documentary source rather than fiction.
The screenplay is based on a stage work "Ruz-Bárcenas" by Jordi Casanovas, a transcription of testimony given by Luis Bárcenas in 2013 in the Audiencia Nacional. Bárcenas was facing charges of corruption, and the title of the film refers to the Spanish term Caja B, meaning parallel accounting or a slush fund.
The film was not widely distributed, but received recognition from the critics. At the Goya Awards (Spain's principal national film awards) the screenplay was nominated in the Best Adaptation category and there were nominations for two of the actors, Pedro Casablanc (Best Actor) and Manolo Solo (Best Supporting Actor).
- Pedro Casablanc - Luis Bárcenas
- Manolo Solo - Judge Ruz
- Pedro Civera - Javier Gómez de Liaño
- Eduardo Recabarren - Gonzalo Boyen
- Patxi Freytez - Enrique Santiago
- Celia Castro - María Dolores Márquez de Prado
- Enric Benavent - José Mariano Benítez de Lugo
- Ramón Ibarra - Miguel Durán
- B la película. Cineuropa
- "Rajoy man Barcenas arrives for questioning". BBC.
- "¿Qué sucede con "B", la película sobre los papeles de Bárcenas?". La Voz de Galicia (in Spanish).
|This article related to a Spanish film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|