|Single by Skrillex featuring Sirah|
|from the album Bangarang|
|Released||February 16, 2012|
|Format||CD, digital download|
|Genre||Moombahcore, complextro, electronic rock|
|Label||Big Beat, Atlantic, OWSLA|
|Skrillex singles chronology|
"Bangarang" is a song by American electronic music producer Skrillex. It was released as a single from his EP of the same name. It features guest rap vocals from Sirah. "Bangarang" uses Sirah's "chopped-up" rap vocals throughout the song.
The song received generally positive reviews from critics, who enjoyed its exuberant sound. It has since become one of his most commercially successful singles to date, charting within the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Austria, France, New Zealand, Norway and Sweden. A music video for the song premiered on February 16, 2012 via his official YouTube channel. "Bangarang" received airplay on some modern rock radio stations. The song can be heard in commercials and trailers for the film The Watch, the video game Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric and in promos for the 2013 X Games. The song also appears in the video game Guitar Hero Live. It is also the theme music of the mobile game Gangstar Vegas. It is also used in the 2018 superhero film Deadpool 2
Jon Dollan from Rolling Stone noted 'the laser-blasting inanity of the title track, which ends with someone bragging, "I'm eating Fun Dip right now/Not givin' a fuck." Not a bad credo for music that makes a disco sugar high feel downright pornographic'. Garret Kamps from Spin gave the song a positive review, calling it a "massively enjoyable, massively concussive collection of blips and bursts that sounds like something Moby might hear in his head during a heart attack, so thoroughly and dyspeptically is dubstep's characteristic bass wobble distorted and pushed into the red. That remains [his] signature trick...." 
Rolling Stone named the song the 22nd-best song of 2012.
The song starts with a heavy metal guitar intro. The lyrics then come in at 0:09. The melody slowly emerges and then at 0:27, the main dubstep melody comes in after the chorus says "Bangarang" with the chorus still singing. The dubstep then stops at 1:03 with Sirah singing still. At 1:17, the chorus sings an unidentifiable phrase, which in 2 seconds they yell "Bangarang", leading to the dubstep melody again. At 1:55, a countermelody comes in that is like a hybrid between heavy metal and house. Then at 2:12, a calmer melody comes in with an unidentifiable phrase. At 2:32, Sirah's vocals are slowly emerging with the intro melody. Then, the chorus yells "Bangarang, race!" at 2:47, leading to the dubstep melody with the chorus' vocals still being heard. At 3:22 everything fades out and Sirah says "Still ain't got my marbles, but I got these beats comin' out the back of my toy car. Aye yo! I'm eating fun dip right now, not giving a f***, mewah".
A music video for the song premiered via YouTube on February 16, 2012. It depicts a group of three young boys robbing an ice-cream truck in an elaborate heist. During the robbery, the ringleader of the boys accidentally causes the ice-cream truck driver to lose his hand by forcefully slamming a door onto his wrist. He feels obvious guilt for this, and when his gang have grown up to adulthood, they perform a similarly elaborate heist on a van delivering four cases of cash. They succeed in stealing the cash, and the video concludes with the gang leader leaving one of the cases with the ice-cream man.
|Promo CD / digital download|
|1.||"Bangarang" (featuring Sirah)||3:35|
Charts and certifications
The song has charted in multiple countries worldwide, including the Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Finland, France, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the United States. In Australia, the song became a commercial success, reaching the top 5 within the ARIA Charts whilst spending more than 20 weeks within the top 50. It has also been certified 4x Platinum by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA).
In the United States, the song entered the Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 chart at number 4 due to strong digital downloads. However, on the issue date of March 3, 2012, the song debuted at number 95 on the Billboard Hot 100. It since reached a peak of number 72 and spent more than 20 weeks on the chart. It has sold over 1 million copies in the US as of January 2013. In the United Kingdom, the song reached a peak of number 24 and spent a total of 16 weeks inside the UK Top 40.
- Jon Dolan (2012-01-12). "Bangarang | Album Reviews". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2012-03-13.
- "SKRILLEX - Bangarang Official Music Video". YouTube. 2012-02-16. Retrieved 2012-03-13.
- "The Naked And Famous Regain Top Spot, Skrillex's "Bangarang" Added To KROQ Playlist". KROQ. 2012-01-10. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- Wolk, Douglas (December 4, 2012). "Top 10 Everything of 2012: 6. Skrillex, 'Bangarang'".
- "Skrillex, 'Bangarang' (OWSLA/Big Beat/Atlantic)". Spin. Retrieved 2012-03-13.
- "Skrillex feat. Sirah, 'Bangarang'". Rolling Stone.
- "Skrillex – Bangarang (CD)". Discogs. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-03-15. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- "Music: Top 100 Songs - Billboard Hot 100 Chart". Billboard.
- Paul Grein (January 4, 2013). "Week Ending Dec. 30, 2012. Songs: Taylor Knew Bruno Was Trouble". Chart Watch. Yahoo Music. Retrieved January 5, 2013.
- "Australian-charts.com – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang". ARIA Top 50 Singles. Retrieved March 18, 2012.
- "ARIA Dance Singles Chart - 15/6/15" (PDF). ARIA Charts. October 11, 2015. Archived from the original on April 16, 2012.
- "Austriancharts.at – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Ultratop.be – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Ultratop.be – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang" (in Dutch). Ultratip. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Ultratop.be – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang" (in French). Ultratip. Retrieved March 04, 2012.
- "Skrillex Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Skrillex: Bangarang (Feat. Sirah)" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland.
- "Lescharts.com – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang" (in French). Les classement single.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang". GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved October 28, 2018.
- "Chart Track: Week 35, 2012". Irish Singles Chart. Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang" (in Dutch). Single Top 100. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang". VG-lista. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Charts.nz – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang". Top 40 Singles. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Official Romania chart (18 noiembrie 2012)". Archived from the original on April 26, 2013. Retrieved February 3, 2013.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang". Singles Top 100. Retrieved March 04, 2012.
- "Swisscharts.com – Skrillex feat. Sirah – Bangarang". Swiss Singles Chart. Retrieved March 04, 2012.
- "Official Dance Singles Chart Top 40". Official Charts Company. Retrieved May 27, 2012.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved May 27, 2012.
- "Skrillex Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- http://www.aria.com.au/pages/aria-charts-end-of-year-charts-top-100-singles-2012.html[permanent dead link]
- "Top 100 Singles of 2012". BBC Radio 1. BBC Online. 31 December 2012. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2018 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved April 21, 2018.
- "Ultratop − Goud en Platina – singles 2012". Ultratop. Hung Medien.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Skrillex; 'Bangarang')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Italian single certifications – Skrillex feat. Sarah – Bangarang" (in Italian). Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "..:Certificaciones Mensuales 2015:." Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas. Facebook. 13 March 2015. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- THE FIELD id (chart number) MUST BE PROVIDED for NEW ZEALAND CERTIFICATION.
- "Sverigetopplistan: Skrillex – Bangarang" (To access certification, one must search (Sök) for "Bangarang" or "Bangarang Skrillex" and click the "Visa" button.) (in Swedish). Sverigetopplistan. Grammofonleverantörernas förening. Retrieved 2012-12-25.
- "British single certifications – Skrillex feat. Sarah – Bangarang". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved November 24, 2017. Select singles in the Format field. Select Platinum in the Certification field. Type Bangarang in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.
- "American single certifications – Skrillex feat. Sarah – Bangarang". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.