Bugbear Entertainment

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Bugbear Entertainment Oy
Subsidiary
IndustryVideo game industry
Founded2000; 19 years ago (2000)
FounderJanne Alanenpää
Headquarters,
Finland
Key people
Janne Alanenpää (CEO, creative director)
Number of employees
18 (2018)
ParentTHQ Nordic GmbH (2018–present)
Websitebugbear.fi

Bugbear Entertainment Oy is a Finnish video game developer based in Helsinki, founded by Janne Alanenpää in 2000. The company is best known for the FlatOut series and Wreckfest. In November 2018, the company was majority-acquired by THQ Nordic GmbH.

History[edit]

Bugbear Entertainment was founded in Helsinki in 2000 by Janne Alanenpää.[1] On 14 November 2018, THQ Nordic announced that they had acquired 90% of Bugbear for an undisclosed sum, leaving open the option to acquire the remaining 10% at a later point in time.[2] At this point, Bugbear had 18 employees and was led by founder Alanenpää as chief executive officer and creative director.[1]

Games developed[edit]

Year Title Publisher(s)
2001 Rally Trophy JoWooD Productions
2003 Tough Trucks Activision
2004 FlatOut Empire Interactive
2005 Glimmerati Nokia
2006 FlatOut 2 Empire Interactive
2007 FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
Sega Rally Revo Sega
2012 Ridge Racer Unbounded Namco Bandai Games
2018 Wreckfest THQ Nordic
Stuntfest

References[edit]

  1. ^ a b "THQ Nordic AB (publ) acquires Bugbear Entertainment" (PDF). THQ Nordic. 14 November 2018.
  2. ^ Kerr, Chris (14 November 2018). "THQ Nordic acquires Coffee Stain and Bugbear Entertainment". Gamasutra.

External links[edit]