Category:1995 video albums
Pages in category "1995 video albums"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. Jimmy Page – James Patrick Jimmy Page, OBE is an English musician, songwriter, and record producer who achieved international success as the guitarist and founder of the rock band Led Zeppelin. Page began his career as a session musician in London and, by the mid-1960s. He was a member of the Yardbirds from 1966 to 1968, in late 1968, he founded Led Zeppelin. Page is widely considered to be one of the greatest and most influential guitarists of all time, Rolling Stone magazine has described Page as the pontiff of power riffing and ranked him number 3 in their list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time. In 2010, he was ranked number two in Gibsons list of Top 50 Guitarists of All Time and, in 2007, number four on Classic Rocks 100 Wildest Guitar Heroes. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, once as a member of the Yardbirds, Page has been described by Uncut as rocks greatest and most mysterious guitar hero. Los Angeles Times magazine voted Jimmy Page the 2nd greatest guitarist of all time, Page was born to James Patrick Page and Patricia Elizabeth Gaffikin in the west London suburb of Heston on 9 January 1944. His father was a personnel manager and his mother, who was of Irish descent, was a doctors secretary. In 1952, they moved to Feltham and then to Miles Road, Epsom in Surrey, I dont know whether was left behind by the people before, or whether it was a friend of the familys—nobody seemed to know why it was there. First playing the instrument at age 12, he took a few lessons in nearby Kingston, there was one other guitarist in my school who actually showed me the first chords that I learned and I went on from there. I was bored so I taught myself the guitar from listening to records, so obviously it was a very personal thing. Among Pages early influences were rockabilly guitarists Scotty Moore and James Burton, presleys song Baby Lets Play House is cited by Page as being his inspiration to take up the guitar. Although he appeared on BBC1 in 1957 with a Höfner President, Page states that his first guitar was a second-hand 1959 Futurama Grazioso, later replaced by a Fender Telecaster. Pages musical tastes included skiffle and acoustic folk playing, and the sounds of Elmore James, B. B. King, Otis Rush, Buddy Guy, Freddie King. Basically, that was the start, a mixture between rock and blues, at 13, Page appeared on Huw Wheldons All Your Own talent quest programme in a skiffle quartet, one performance of which aired on BBC1 in 1957. The group played Mama Dont Want to Skiffle Anymore and another American-flavoured song, when asked by Wheldon what he wanted to do after schooling, Page said, I want to do biological research to find a cure for cancer, if it isnt discovered by then. In an interview with Guitar Player magazine, Page stated that there was a lot of busking in the early days, Page took a guitar to school each day only to have it confiscated and returned to him after class. Although interviewed for a job as an assistant, he ultimately chose to leave Danetree Secondary School, West Ewell
2. Big Red Car – Big Red Car is the fifth album by the Australian band The Wiggles, released in 1995 by ABC Music. This album won the ARIA Award for Best Childrens Album, all tracks written by M. Cook, J. Fatt, A. Field, G. Page except spoken or listed below. It marks the first appearances of the Big Red Car and the S. S Feathersword and this video also debuts Wags the Dog. In the United States, the video was marketed as Dance Party and this video was released on VHS in September 1995 in Australia, and 2001 to the United States. The DVD was released to the United States on 4 February 2003 under the title Dance Party, here Comes the Big Red Car is the 25th album release from an Australia childrens music group, The Wiggles. It contains tracks that were recorded for the Big Red Car album. DVD extras include a song jukebox, photo gallery, electronic songbook, Dorothy the Dinosaur special announcements, and two episodes of Lights, camera, action, Wiggles
3. Japan Live '94 – Japan Live 94 a live album that was recorded by Savatage. The show that was recorded for the release was held in Kawasaki, Kanagawa, due to a lack of time on the CD, the entire show was not released onto CD. Missing songs on the CD include Conversation Piece, Stare Into the Sun, Damien, however, when the concert was released to VHS, these songs were included. The release also has two covers, one featuring both Johnny Lee Middleton and Zachary Stevens, whilst the other features Zak Stevens on his own. The show is noted for featuring Jon Oliva in a prominent role, Jon has an extended piano intro on Gutter Ballet and shares lead vocals with Stevens, making it his first performance as a lead vocalist with the band for 2 years. Oliva also performs rhythm guitar for Hall of the Mountain King, the show was originally released on VHS in 1996 in Japan and in 1998 in North America. In 2000, plans were revealed for the show to be released onto DVD with a possibility of bonus content. A release date of October 2000 was publicised by the band, but possibly due to Nuclear Blast being bought by Century Media, since then, there has not been an announcement of an official DVD release, although copies of the concert have been circulated on DVD. March 2010, a greatest hit compilation called Still The Orchestra Plays, Greatest Hits Vol.1 &2 will be released, the quality hasnt improved much from the VHS-version
4. No Quarter: Jimmy Page and Robert Plant Unledded – No Quarter is a live album by Jimmy Page & Robert Plant, both formerly of English rock band Led Zeppelin. It was released by Atlantic Records on 14 October 1994, the long-awaited reunion between Jimmy Page and Robert Plant occurred on a 90-minute UnLedded MTV project, recorded in Morocco, Wales, and London. It was not a reunion of Led Zeppelin, however, as former bassist and keyboardist John Paul Jones was not present, in fact, Jones was not even told about the reunion by his former bandmates. He later commented that he was unhappy about Plant and Page naming the album after No Quarter, the album was #4 on debut on the Billboards Pop Albums chart. Several years later, Plant reflected on the collaboration very positively, The will, Jimmy and I went in a room and it was back. To take it as far as we did, and the tour we did – its one of the most ambitious, in July 2014, Guitar World placed No Quarter on their Superunknown,50 Iconic Albums That Defined 1994 list. All songs by Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, except where noted, for the tenth anniversary, the album was re-released with a different cover and altered track listing. Thank You was cut, City Dont Cry and Wonderful One appeared in edited versions. In addition, Yallah was retitled, and several tracks had minor alterations to their running times. The songs included on the DVD release not included on either CD release were What Is and What Should Never Be, to compensate for their absence from the Live Aid DVD release, Plant and Page donated a portion of their proceeds to the Band Aid Trust
5. The Colour of My Love Concert – The Colour of My Love Concert is Celine Dions second home video release. It was filmed on 7–8 September 1993 at Le Théàtre Capitole, Quebec City, Canada, before The Colour of My Love album release, the concert was aired in December 1993 in Canada on CTV and in February 1994 in the United States on the Disney Channel. It was released on VHS on 19 October 1995 and on DVD on 6 January 1998, dion performed songs from her three English-language albums, in particular the multi-platinum The Colour of My Love. Throughout a concert-length program featuring guests like Peabo Bryson and Clive Griffin, she sang her hits, The Power of Love. Dion also performed Elvis Presleys hit song, Cant Help Falling in Love, the music video of Dions Pour que tu maimes encore was included as a special VHS bonus in Europe. The Colour of My Love Concert spent 39 weeks on the Top Music Video chart in the United States and it was certified Platinum for selling 100,000 copies. It was also certified Platinum in France and the United Kingdom, in the UK and Australia, The Colour of My Love Concert peaked at number 3
6. El Concierto – El Concierto is the second live album by Mexican recording artist Luis Miguel, released on 17 October 1995 by WEA Latina. It was recorded from his performances at the National Auditorium in Mexico, the album features live covers of José Alfredo Jiménezs songs, which were previously unreleased. The first two songs were released as singles, the former reaching number one on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart, upon its release, El Concierto received generally favorable reviews from critics, who praised its production, Miguels vocals, and his renditions of Jiménezs rancheras. The album peaked at two on the Billboard Top Latin Albums chart and both the album and video were certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America. It topped the Argentine Albums Chart and the album was certified 4× platinum by CAPIF, the record also reached number two on the Chilean Albums Chart and achieved platinum status in the country as well as in Mexico, Paraguay, and Uruguay. The album sold two million copies within a year of its release. El Concierto won the Eres award for Album of the Year, in 1994 Miguel released his tenth studio album, Segundo Romance. It is follow-up to his 1991 album Romance where Miguel records a collection of classic boleros, to further promote the album Miguel began his Segundo Romance Tour with 16 shows at the National Auditorium in Mexico City, which drew an audience of over 155,000. The singer performed throughout Mexico, the United States, Peru, and Argentina until 31 December 1994 and his sixteen performances at the National Auditorium in Mexico City and two concerts at the Estadio Vélez in Buenos Aires were filmed for inclusion in a live album. It was made available in four formats, a live audio CD, cassette, Laserdisc. The formats included the performances of 28 songs from the concerts. The album was released on 17 October 1995, El Concierto includes three live renditions of José Alfredo Jiménezs songs, Si Nos Dejan, Amanecí en Tus Brazos, and El Rey. During these performances, Miguel was accompanied by Mariachi 2000 led by Cutberto Pérez, Si Nos Dejan was released as a single for the album on 30 August 1995. The song reached number one on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart, Amanecí en Tus Brazos was released as the second single and peaked at number three on the Hot Latin Songs charts. The live version of Hasta Que Me Olvides was released as a single in Spain. To further promote the album, Miguel launched the El Concierto Tour which began on 15 September 1995 at the Circus Maxim in Las Vegas, Nevada, the setlist consists of previously-recorded pop tracks and ballads, boleros from his Romance albums, and the mariachi songs from El Concierto. The tour concluded on 23 December at the National Auditorium in Mexico City, john Lannert of Billboard magazine called the album a predictable, albeit fan-pleasing, double CD live set and referred to his mariachi performances as classics done up mariachi style. Regarding the mariachi songs, Cabrera stated If theres anything that stands out about the Jimenez creations, add to that quality the musicianship that Miguel brings to bear and you have some excellent music. The San Diego Union-Tribune editor Ernesto Portillo Jr
7. Cross Purposes Live – Cross Purposes Live is a boxed set released by the British heavy metal band Black Sabbath in 4 April 1995. The set comprised an album on CD and a VHS tape of a concert recorded at the Hammersmith Apollo in London on Wednesday 13 April 1994. It is Black Sabbaths only live album with singer Tony Martin, the CD was housed within an oversized videotape case but had its own inserts and jewel case. The song Children of the Sea was also played at the concert, bobby Rondinellis drum solo also has a minute edited out. Both the original CD and VHS tape are out of print and this release includes the promo videoclip of Feels Good to Me, from the album Tyr. All songs written by Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward, except where noted