Category:2000s heist films
Pages in category "2000s heist films"
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
1. 7 Seconds (film) – 7 Seconds is a 2005 American crime film directed by Simon Fellows, starring Wesley Snipes and Tamzin Outhwaite. The film was released on Direct-to-DVD in the United States on June 28,2005, the title refers to the timers at the beginning of the film, which are set at 00,07. After professional thief Jack Tulliver and his crew pull off a meticulously planned armored car heist and this rogue group, tipped off to the heist by an unknown turncoat, kills Tullivers associate Bull and most of his crew. Tulliver escapes with a sealed case that was the most valuable part of the stolen loot. Kelly Anders car, he makes a getaway through Bucharest, meanwhile, Tulliver tries to save a team member who has been captured by Alexie Kutchinov, a sadistic Russian millionaire gangster in charge of the Romanian racketeers that ambushed Tulliver. Anders are saved by Bulls brother Mikail Mercea, a Romanian mobster who shoots Alexie to avenge his brothers death, ultimately, the content of the case is revealed, and we come to know why it is in such high demand. Wesley Snipes as Jack Tuliver Tamzin Outhwaite as Sgt, despite action star Wesley Snipes heading the film,7 Seconds was a failure in the DVD market and received bad reviews, described as drivel with sloppy screenwriting. DVD was released in Region 1 in the united States on June 28,2005,7 Seconds at the Internet Movie Database
2. After the Sunset – After the Sunset is a 2004 action comedy film starring Pierce Brosnan as Max Burdett, a master thief caught in a cat-and-mouse game with FBI agent Stan Lloyd, played by Woody Harrelson. The film was directed by Brett Ratner and shot in the Bahamas, master thief Max Burdett and his beautiful accomplice, Lola Cirillo, steal the second of three famous diamonds, known as the Napoleon diamonds, from FBI Agent Stanley P. Lloyd. But Lloyd shoots Max before passing out from being gassed by the thieves, Max survives and tells Lola to get the diamond. She does, leaving in its place the bill that she had received as a tip for washing the agents windshield. Max and Lola then fly to Paradise Island in The Bahamas, Agent Lloyd shows up 6 months later and accuses Burdett of planning to steal the third Napoleon diamond, which is on a cruise ship that will be docking for a week on the island. Lola kicks Max out after he breaks his promise to spend their first sunset on her new deck she had been working on, Max is forced to bunk with Stan, and they share their thoughts about each others lives. The next morning, the authorities and Sophie discover them, revealing that Stans FBI license is suspended, after the fallout, Lola leaves Max after Lloyd shoots Mooré dead when he comes for the diamond. He realizes his error, writes his vows, and manages to win back Lola at the airport before she leaves, proposing to her with the first diamond he ever bought. The next day, Max is met by Stan while celebrating, Max concedes that his nemesis has won this time, and is simply happy to live out his life with Lola, watching sunsets. However, he has fun with Stan when he tries to leave by remote controlling his car again, promising Lola it is the last time. Pierce Brosnan as Max Burdett Salma Hayek as Lola Cirillo Woody Harrelson as Stan Lloyd Don Cheadle as Henri Mooré Naomie Harris as Sophie Rex Linn as Agent Kowalski, a fellow FBI agent. Paul Zbyszewskis original screenplay for After the Sunset was discovered by producers Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson, the script was purchased by New Line Cinema and the producers hired Australian screenwriter Craig Rosenberg to create a re-write. Both the studio and the producers agreed that their first choice for the role of master thief Max Burdett was Pierce Brosnan, Salma Hayek, Oscar-nominated for her role in Frida, was the next to join the cast. Next to join the cast was director Brett Ratner, the film had originally been scheduled to be directed by John Stockwell but Stockwell dropped out due to creative differences. Talking about joining the movie, Ratner said, I love caper films, there are so many great films in this genre, but what makes After the Sunset different is that its a heist movie that has a combination of great relationships, heart and comedy. Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan were both offered film cameos as American police officers but turned them down, with the two leads set, Woody Harrelson was cast in the role of Burdett’s nemesis, FBI agent Stanley Lloyd. Harrelson said during promotion, When this movie came along, I loved it right away, Don Cheadles casting marked a third collaboration with Ratner, following The Family Man and Rush Hour 2. The role of Sophie, the Bahamian cop, was the role to be cast
3. Bandits (2001 film) – Bandits is a 2001 American criminal comedy film directed by Barry Levinson. It stars Bruce Willis, Billy Bob Thornton, and Cate Blanchett, filming began in October 2000 and ended in February 2001. It helped Thornton earn a National Board of Review Best Actor Award for 2001 and it first opened in theaters on October 12,2001. Two friends and convicts, Joe and Terry, break out of Oregon State Penitentiary in a mixing truck and start a bank robbing spree. When Kate, a housewife with a marriage, decides to run away. Initially attracted to Joe, she ends up in bed with Terry. The three of them go on the lam and manage to pull off a few more robberies, the two criminals then decide to pull off one last job. The show tells the story of their last job, which is known to be a failure when Kate tips off the police, the two then begin to argue when Joe tells the police You wont take us alive. And the argument gets to the point where the two of them shoot each other dead. At the end of the film the story behind the last job is revealed, Harvey used some of his special effects to make it seem as though Terry. In the ambulance, Harvey used electronics to blow out his tires which sent the ambulance into a junkyard, under his jumpsuit, Harvey was wearing a fire suit. He lit himself on fire and rigged a bomb to go off, Harvey, Harveys girlfriend, Terry, and Joe fled the scene, leading officials to believe the bodies were burned beyond recovery. Kate received the $1 million reward for having turned them in, reunited, Joe, Terry, Harvey and Kate make it to Mexico to live out their dream. The last scene shows Harvey getting married in Mexico and Kate kissing Joe, Bruce Willis as Joe Blake Billy Bob Thornton as Terry Collins Cate Blanchett as Kate Wheeler Troy Garity as Harvey Pollard Brían F. 1/10. Metacritic assigned the film an average score of 60 out of 100, based on 32 critics. In 2007 in New York, individuals were prosecuted and convicted for crimes imitative of this films plot, in its opening weekend, the film opened at #2, earning $13 million. The film grossed $67.6 million worldwide, against a budget of $75 million, bandits at the Internet Movie Database Movie stills
4. The Bank Job – The producers allege that the story was prevented from being told in 1971 because of a D-Notice government gagging request, allegedly to protect a prominent member of the British Royal Family. According to the producers, this film is intended to reveal the truth for the first time, the premiere was held in London on 18 February 2008, and the film was released in both the UK on 29 February 2008, and in the US on 7 March 2008. It was a critical and financial success, the British Security Services have taken interest in a safe deposit box that is located in a bank on London’s Baker Street. It belongs to a black militant gangster, Michael X, and contains compromising photos of Princess Margaret, after they escape together, Terry throws off a pursuit by MI5. He notifies a furious Michael X in Trinidad, who correctly suspects Gale Benson, Hakim Jamals lover, of spying for MI5, Lew decides that Dave’s presence outside that particular bank was not a coincidence, and has him tortured for information. Dave gives in, and Lew goes to Terry’s garage to kidnap Eddie, one of the crooked cops on Lews payroll shoots Dave, and threatens to shoot Eddie unless Lew gets his evidence back. During the exchange, Lew recognises the agents, and he, Terry pursues Lew and proceeds to beat him up, but Roy breaks the fight up and arrests Lew and his colleagues. In Trinidad, Michael X is also arrested, with his freedom and his new passport, Terry and his family enjoy a carefree life on their small motor yacht off a sunny beach. The film is in part based on facts about the Baker Street robbery. The actual tunneling took 3 weeks working on weekends, robert Rowlands, a ham radio operator, overheard conversations between the robbers and their rooftop lookout. He contacted police and tape-recorded the conversations, which were made public. The film includes lines recorded by Rowlands, such as the comment that Money may be your god, but its not mine. The films producers said that they have a source, identified in press reports as George McIndoe. The films plot point of the issuance of a D-Notice, because a safe deposit box held sex pictures of Princess Margaret with London gangster-turned-actor John Bindon, is entirely fictional. The possible connection to Michael X is apparently based on information provided by McIndoe, though the basis and extent of his information remains unclear. The film-makers acknowledged that they made up the character Martine, Humphreys was jailed for eight years in 1974 for wounding his wifes former lover. In 1994 Humphreys was jailed for months for living off the earnings of prostitutes. The movie includes multiple historical grace notes, the outlandish introduction of Michael Xs character showing him leading a Jewish landlord locked in a slave collar is not dramatic license but is based on a similar historical incident
5. Cash (2007 film) – Cash is a 2007 Bollywood action thriller film directed by Anubhav Sinha. It features Ajay Devgn, Suniel Shetty, Esha Deol, Ritesh Deshmukh, Zayed Khan, Shamita Shetty, the film was released on 3 August 2007. The film opens with Danny boarding an plane, a girl named Ria, enters the flight, talking very loudly and rudely to a somebody on her phone, irrationally arguing as to why people should not travel on aeroplanes. She even mistreats the cabin crew and casually asks Danny to put something in her bag, the story begins in 1836 where a miner in Southern India finds a diamond as he mines coal. The miner gives the diamond to his king, who in turn gives it to an English Viceroy, however, the ship in which the Viceroy is travelling sinks and the diamond, too, is lost at sea. Many years later, the diamond is found by a fisherman in Bulgaria, many more years later, the diamonds resurface again in 1994 where a gangster sells the two pieces to a man known only as Uncle. However, they are unaware there was a third piece. A businessman calls the Indian Intelligence Unit in Cape Town, South Africa, Shanaya is assigned to the case. However, in transit, the diamond is stolen by henchmen working for a Chinese gangster and their rival, Uncle, another influential gangster, wants all the diamonds for himself. One of Uncles trusted aides, Angad had been shot and betrayed by the former going to prison. Now, as he is released, he volunteers to steal the diamond for Uncle, Angad meets his old partner Aditi, for the job and asks her to provide a team of the quickest, fastest and most unbeatable, thieves ever. Aditi decides to meet Doc, the leader of a gang of thieves, Doc had been an engineer who specialised in making weapons. He has no name or identity. Doc is also masquerading as Karan, a writer, who is Shanayas boyfriend, the job Aditi tells Doc about involves stealing a painting from an art gallery and then delivering it to a yacht. The payment would be 4 million dollars Doc says that two people are needed for such a job, the first he recommends, is Lucky, an expert on skateboards and parachutes. The second is Danny, an expert in water sports, however, the two hate each other to the core and always, often comically, find themselves in the same place, completing the same heist. However, to both of them at bay, Doc, hires Pooja, another thief who worked with Danny and Lucky as a partner. Pooja barely manages to keep them both at bay as they try to meet her, once again, at the same time, Lucky would walk into the art exhibition and steal the painting, escaping on the road
6. Cash (2008 film) – Cash is a French crime caper film from 2008, directed by Eric Besnard and starring Jean Dujardin, Jean Reno, Valeria Golino and Ciarán Hinds. A cleaner goes into the office of a banker and he tells the staff to leave then proceeds to change into a suit and place a picture on the desk of two brothers. Lardier, a courier, arrives and the man proceeds to explain to him that he has several options available. However a cell phones rings and Lardier hands it over to the man, the caller, who is angry, shouts down the phone. Uncomfortable the man tries to leave but is shot with a silenced pistol several times by Lardier, the man who died was the brother of Cash. Cash is under surveillance by Lieutenant Julia Molina from Interpol and he is part of a gang who are running a confidence trick on a group of mercenaries – led by Letallec – who think they are buying impeccable printing plates for counterfeiting Euros. On returning to her headquarters, she is informed by her boss, Barnes and she asks if she can follow Cash in order to get an arrest that would help her promotional chances. Molina also discovers that Maxime, a master-criminal, is back in town, Molina then observes Cash as he begins work on his next victim, Garance, a wealthy heiress. However the mercenaries – who have discovered that the plates are fake – catch up with Cash forcing him to flee through the streets, Molina eventually catches up with Cash in her surveillance vehicle and offers to hide him inside. She then uses this opportunity to him to take her into his confidence. Cash explains he is running a con on the father of this heiress. He asks Molina to accompany him to a charity auction the man is hosting at his home in the country and his daughter, who turns out to be one of his gang, berates Cash for being such a sucker for love. Maxime also explains that the con was to see whether Cash was smart enough to join his own gang and he is told that another man, named Vincent, will have his role. In revenge Cash loses at poker in order to palm off a few fake euro notes to the gloating Vincent, Cash then gets the call that he will join the gang. Maxime explains that they are to do a heist on the French Riviera, Maxime runs through an elaborate plan – to break into the hotels vault – where each team members plays a pivotal role. In a private moment, Maxime also reveals that he knows Molinas real identity but states she can join in and they question Molina about her investigations and her methods. They also mention that they are looking into rumors that some of the money seized in raids had gone missing, Molina goes to the pool hall owned by Cashs mentor, François. Cash explains that Maxime now needs all of them for the job, Barnes and Finley pick up Lardier after a tip off
7. Catch That Kid – Catch That Kid is a 2004 American adventure comedy film directed by Bart Freundlich and starring Kristen Stewart, Corbin Bleu, Max Thieriot, Jennifer Beals, and Sam Robards. It is a remake of the Danish blockbuster Klatretøsen, the movies working titles were Mission Without Permission, Catch That Girl, and Catch That Kid. Madeline Rose Maddy Phillips is 12-year-old girl who loves to climb and her father Tom has climbed Mount Everest so it runs in the family. Several years earlier, Tom fell more than 100 feet during a climb and because her parents Tom and Molly are afraid she might hurt herself, they have ordered Maddy not to climb. Tom had some injuries from that earlier fall which he did not know about. There is an operation costing $250,000 which can save him, but insurance will not pay for the operation. Harderbach Financials president Brisbane refuses to loan the amount and does so by putting loopholes in a contract Molly signed, when asked if he has a heart, Brisbane coldly responds This is not an emotional issue, Mrs. Phillips. That is when Maddy first gets the idea to rob the bank, Maddy steals three go-carts from her fathers race course and convinces her two friends Gus and Austin to help her. They remain hesitant, so she tells both of them that she loves him and does not care for the other and gives half of her necklace to each of them. They manage to break in, but with her mother at the hospital visiting their father and she and Gus progress to a room with thousands of security deposit boxes while Austin keeps the guards away from them. Maddy has to climb to get to the exit when her hook gets caught in a crack when using the handhelds. She cracks the code and they flee the room, unintentionally setting off the alarm as they forgot to type the exit code. While escaping from the dogs at which point Austin demonstrates his dog-training skills, the trio is caught by Gus brother, Chad. However, just before escaping, Gus and Austin find out that Maddy played them after seeing each others necklaces and leave her, but later come back for her. The three hop into their go-carts, trailed by the police, but Austin holds all the cash in his cart and he then leaps into Gus cart, and they escape to the hospital. They rejoin with Maddy in time to disable police cruisers by popping the tires with jacks, when Mrs. Phillips arrives, Brisbane attempts to pass all the blame on her. But ultimately, he is rejected by Francois, a Frenchman, meanwhile, the kids make it to the hospital. However, they are caught up to by Maddys mother, the security, the police
8. Crime Spree – Crime Spree is a 2003 Canadian-British film written and directed by Brad Mirman starring Gérard Depardieu and Harvey Keitel, as well as French singers Johnny Hallyday and Renaud. Daniel Foray is the leader of an group of burglars in Paris. When Daniel is instructed by his boss to go to Chicago to pull off a home robbery it seems simple enough. However, when the group arrives in Chicago, the mission turns into a fiasco. First, the group has a run in with a gang of street thugs. Then, the keep a low profile stay with Sophie Nicols is disrupted by a noisy neighbour. To make matters worse, while preparing for the burglary the group steals a car which belongs to a Latino street gang, after breaking into the house, tying up the owner and cracking the safe, the group realise that they have burgled the wrong house. The house in fact belongs to Frankie Zammeti an under boss of the Chicago Mafia who vows revenge, an excellent, action comedy with many plot twists and a mix of lighthearted and darker moments
9. Don't Say a Word – Dont Say a Word is a 2001 American psychological thriller film starring Michael Douglas, Brittany Murphy and Sean Bean based on the novel of the same title by Andrew Klavan. Dont Say a Word was directed by Gary Fleder and written by Anthony Peckham, in 1991, a gang of thieves steal a rare $10-million gem, but, in the process, two of the gang double-cross their leader, Patrick Koster and take off with the precious stone. That evening, Patrick kidnaps the daughter as a means of forcing him to acquire a six-digit number from Elisabeths memory. Dr. Sachs admits to Nathan that the gang who kidnapped Jessie also kidnapped his girlfriend to him to acquire the number from Elisabeth. Sachs is then visited by Detective Sandra Cassidy who reveals to him that his girlfriend has been found dead, meanwhile, Aggie hears Jessies voice and realizes the kidnappers reside in the apartment nearby. The kidnappers send one of them to kill Aggie while the escape with Jessie. After Nathan takes Elisabeth out of the sanatorium, she remembers certain events regarding the gang and it is revealed that Elisabeths dad was a member of the gang that committed the robbery ten years prior and that he double-crossed them and took the stolen gem. However, other members of the gang later found him and ordered him to reveal where he had hidden the gem, the gang members were arrested immediately, and Elisabeth escaped with her doll in which the gem was hidden. She also remembers that the number,815508, is the number of her fathers grave at Hart Island. She explains that she had stowed away on a boat that was taking her fathers coffin for burial in Potters field on Hart Island, Nathan and Elisabeth steal a boat to reach Hart Island. The gang members track them down and demand that Nathan give them the number they want, Elisabeth reveals the number and Patrick orders his companion to exhume her fathers coffin. He finds the doll and the gem hidden inside it and he then decides to kill Nathan and Elisabeth, but Detective Cassidy arrives before he can shoot them. Patricks companion is shot by Cassidy, but Patrick manages to wound her, taking advantage of the confusion, Nathan takes the gem from Patrick and throws it to a nearby excavation machine. Patrick goes to recover the gem, but Nathan triggers the mechanism which covers Patrick with earth, Nathan is then reunited with his wife and daughter, and it is implied that Elisabeth goes on to live with the Conrads. Michael Douglas as Dr. Nathan R. Conrad Sean Bean as Patrick Koster Brittany Murphy as Elisabeth Burrows Guy Torry as Dolen Jennifer Esposito as Det, Sandra Cassidy Famke Janssen as Agatha Aggie Conrad Oliver Platt as Dr. The soundtrack contains eight songs from various scenes, including the Heist, the Kidnapping, some of the music in the film includes the following songs and performers, Funky Cold Medina by Tone Loc 5 by Steve by Steve Weisberg Fee Fie Foo by Louis Prima Promises by India. Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a score of 24% based on 113 reviews, Metacritic gives the film a generally unfavorable review with a score of 38% based on 32 reviews. Despite poor reception by critics, the film was a box office success and it earned over $100 million worldwide against a budget of $50 million